AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Realistic Ideas How To Fix U.S. Government Corruption

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amend the Constitution to read "Congress shall make no law."

But seriously, decrease government power to the point corruption is no longer an issue as there is no power to abuse.

Reactions: swagger
We live in a modern age where the electoral college is no longer necessary. So here's a few things we could do.

Back in the olden days of phone lines there were phone operators who operated switch boards.
Switchboard-Operators.jpg

Imagine a vote by proxy, whereas your representative signed a contract to vote the way her constituency told her to vote. If she did not vote in accordance, and enough people pulled their proxy, she immediately had to step down and be replaced. Kind of the like the picture above, but more internetty.

Since we live in an age where we actually could vote for each and every issue that came up, no piggy backing bills on top of other bills, each bill would would be simplified and voted on without pork.

Lobbying, lobbying to a politician should be illegal, and because of the above scenario, would quite ineffective. Lobbyists would be welcome to buy advertising space, if you would like to lobby feel free to advertise to the voters.

These two things would drastically limit the powers of politicians and lobbyists, while bringing us much closer to a democracy, maybe for better or worse.

We live in a modern age where the electoral college is no longer necessary.

The original reason for it hasn't gone away. In fact most states would argue it's even more important to have it today than ever.

Reactions: DFT and eyeteach
Jerry could you elaborate on your reasoning whether it be,

A) The size of the populace
B) Distrust in the voters and the need for electors
C) District importance
D) Restriction on the number of candidates

or a combination of all of those?

I think we could both agree that the districts are detrimentally gerrymandered to all hell, depending on which party is in power at the the time of the gerrymandering?

Reactions: JickyJuly
Well, consider the following:

I work a contracted armed security. The contract covers sites in two states. The pay was uneven between states depending on site but the same contract. The folks in the state with fewer sites was also the one being paid less, despite a. it being a father drive for most people b. needing more certification to work in that state and c. the cost of living in that local area being higher if you didn't drive father. So, folks there decided to unionize to help negotiate things. They got things rolling, and then invited the state with more sites in to combine forces. What resulted was the larger state hijacking the process, dominating the leadership of the union, and repeatedly screwing over the smaller group. Case in point, there was a motion to equalize pay between states and have gradual yearly raises. The larger state complained that this was giving the smaller state a 'larger and unfair raise' because it was a greater 'percentage' raise, despite them not actually making more and all the other things, and shut it down. This is just one of several things they've done.

I bring this up because this is inherently the issue with any "democratic" system, and precisely why the electoral college, for all its flaws, is around. Otherwise, a city could vote to tax everyone to build something in the city for them to use, taking money from rural populations who will never use it but whose votes are irrelevant because their nos will never match the cities yes votes. Your proposes system, while interesting, still runs this issue; any large population bloc will drown out and can therefor impose anything they want on smaller groups. If we were trying to fix just the electoral college, fixing the issue of Gerrymandering would be a thing, but not abolishing the system entirely. Of course, I'm not a fan of voting at all.

The flaws are inherent in any voting system, in that it allows people to vote to have another entity do things that they, themselves, would be unable to morally or ethically do, let alone legally. I posit that you can't fix the system by making a better way of voting at all, because that isn't the problem in the first place, but rather the real problem is the government and it's power itself. You can't fix that because its part and parcel to the entire system.

I posit that you cannot fix corruption in government be cause the government is, by its nature, corrupt in its very action.

It won't be quick and it won't be easy, but it has to start somewhere.

Electing billionaires that won't cater to special interests and lobbyists is far from the answer, but a start nonetheless.

Food for thought...

https://represent.us/action/start/

Ran across that video a while back (think I might have even posted it here somewhere before). I hear where you are coming from.

Looked at a bunch of things like this over the years. Libertarian party, Reform party, signed petitions, made a small donation to some group (don't even remember who). Laughed when I saw WolfPac.

This sounds cynical, but it is the only conclusion I can come to at this point; it is hopeless. Power is too entrenched. Things are just going to have to run their course.

Reactions: swagger
The election of a village idiot to the white house proves that the electoral college may not simply be unnecessary but may be actually detrimental. The electoral college was created, among other reasons, to prevent demagogues from entering the White House. The 2016 election proved the opposite.

It won't be quick and it won't be easy, but it has to start somewhere.

Electing billionaires that won't cater to special interests and lobbyists is far from the answer, but a start nonetheless.

Food for thought...

Are you saying electing billionaires will prevent corruption? You do realize that this administration, which is composed of some of the richest people to ever be in the White House, is immensely corrupt, right? We need LESS money in politics. And we need less people in politics that are insanely rich. They are so utterly divorced from the rest of the world they might as well be aliens.

Are you saying electing billionaires will prevent corruption? You do realize that this administration, which is composed of some of the richest people to ever be in the White House, is immensely corrupt, right? We need LESS money in politics. And we need less people in politics that are insanely rich. They are so utterly divorced from the rest of the world they might as well be aliens.
I agree! I think it should be a requirement for there to be people from all walks of life in poilitics... unemployed, employed, billionaires, parents, business people, teens, camgirls and boys ;)

-Money out of lobbying.
-Make politicians pay equal to their average constituent.
-Require them to send their children to public school.
-Would there be a way to make them contractually obligated to attempt whatever policy ideas they ran their campaign on? Obvs they couldn't be obligated to pull it off, but there should be some immediate ramification for doing the opposite of your initial platform.
-Get more women involved in politics. Women who can stand alone. Not just women who are also married to politicians.
-Require cabinet members/advisors to actually be a professional in the field that they are advising on. (Teachers should be representing the public school system etc. We don't need a world run by lawyers. They're stinking up the joint.)

The electoral college was created, among other reasons, to prevent demagogues from entering the White House. The 2016 election proved the opposite.

A demagogue is someone who becomes a leader largely because of skills as a speaker or who appeals to emotions and prejudices, no?

As usual, Nordling is trying to pass bovine excrement as fact. :)

OH, wait...

What?

Obama was elected POTUS?

Reactions: eyeteach
I wonder if there has ever been an election that a demagogue wasn't put in the White House. Certainly every one that I ever voted in.

"Spin" I think the name of it is, a documentary about behind the scenes of the 1992 election. Gives a little peek behind the curtain. No telling what things are like now with the internet (what sort of shenanigans that go on).

I wonder if there has ever been an election that a demagogue wasn't put in the White House. Certainly every one that I ever voted in.

"Spin" I think the name of it is, a documentary about behind the scenes of the 1992 election. Gives a little peek behind the curtain. No telling what things are like now with the internet (what sort of shenanigans that go on).

There have been a few, unfortunately those have been far in between. George Washington definitely could have been but he stepped aside instead of becoming president for life or a federal king. Maybe we voters should hold those who seek our vote to similar ethical standards of a Washington? Instead we get demagogues like a Clinton, a Harry Reid, a John McCain, a Nancy Pelosi, et al.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
The fact is the public has never picked a single president. Think about it. The people running for President weren't your choices to begin with. They were presented to you and you were told this is your choice. That makes no sense. That's not your choice,it's theirs.

A demagogue is someone who becomes a leader largely because of skills as a speaker or who appeals to emotions and prejudices, no?

As usual, Nordling is trying to pass bovine excrement as fact. :)

OH, wait...

What?

Obama was elected POTUS?
The latter, yes--appeals to emotions and prejudices. Obviously our current WH resident is not that great a speaker, but he's definitely a demagogue. Please don't tell me you support him...this goes beyond party or personal political leanings.

Please explain what your definition of a fact is.

the ability to think for yourself and see through the lies instead of just buying all the propaganda. You will never find the truth in material approved and published by the State or major media.
Elections are staged. They already know who is winning. Politicians arent rivals. They are on the same team team.

all media hated Trump and he's the one elected lol. They are throwing in your face that they decide,not you.

theres no way in hell a white America voted in a majority, to put a black man with an incredibly foreign name into office without manipulation.
Trump isnt making any decisions. He is just reading a script given to him.
first we have a black president and then we get a guy that supposed to be racist? lol its too perfect for tv.
meanwhile,they meet at parties and laugh at us

• Wat?!
Reactions: Violet Dawn
the ability to think for yourself and see through the lies instead of just buying all the propaganda. You will never find the truth in material approved and published by the State or major media.
Elections are staged. They already know who is winning. Politicians arent rivals. They are on the same team team.

all media hated Trump and he's the one elected lol. They are throwing in your face that they decide,not you.

theres no way in hell a white America voted in a majority, to put a black man with an incredibly foreign name into office without manipulation.
Trump isnt making any decisions. He is just reading a script given to him.
first we have a black president and then we get a guy that supposed to be racist? lol its too perfect for tv.
meanwhile,they meet at parties and laugh at us
Largely agree with you, except the bold. It is absolute bullshit. If there was manipulation, it was all the shit that went on the previous 8 years.

Largely agree with you, except the bold. It is absolute bullshit. If there was manipulation, it was all the shit that went on the previous 8 years.

all of it is manipulation.All of it. Obama is part of the whole thing. You cant have dishonesty and then honesty because they think it suits them for the moment from the same source. All presidents are just puppets who follow orders.
the amount of comedians and ex jocks who get to be politicians prove its not a real job. Its just because they know how to ACT at interviews and speeches.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
I think what JJTP is trying to say, and I agree with, Trump was no part of their plan. I believe that the two parties are in league to a certain extent, perhaps not the extent you believe, but certainly not at opposing ends of the spectrum. I don't think anybody counted on Trump, he is evidence of a shattered Republican voter base and a symptom of it. Neither of the parties wanted anything to do with Trump, he's more proof that their all encompassing power isn't as complete as they or you'd thought. But, I do agree that they're in far more collusion than most would like to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.