AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Really bad turn of phrase

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all...

Bocefish said:
Looks like a successful hijacking has been made and I'll add my 2 tokens to the new topic. What people do in the bedroom is nobody's business but the people in the bedroom. What irks me is all the in your face PDA shite like the below exemplifies. That kinda shite has no business being done in public with children in attendance, much less on a parade float. It would make no difference if it were a hetero couple, it's not appropriate in public with children around.

THIS x10000. As long as no one is doing anything against their will, what 2 people (or more in some cases) do in the privacy of their own bedroom is no one's business but their own. But all I ask is to keep it private. I don't need to see two people making out and groping each other at the park... or at school... or at the library.

(Full disclosure- I work at a library and yes, teens have been caught trying to get it on there.)

AmberCutie said:
I agree. I wish the focus of more gay pride parades and rallies were focused on who homosexuals decide to love and have relationships with, and less about how everyone needs to accept their sexual acts. Most people know that sex comes with relationships, hurr durr so one step at a time. Using the shock factor does less to make everyone more equal and does more to irritate those who are still trying to decide how they feel about homosexuality. As far as having an agenda goes, pictures like this show that their agenda was mostly to spit in the faces of those who opposed them.

I back everything you said there, but I have to focus on that point. I have a couple of friends who are out of the closet gays or lesbians and they don't fit those stereotypes. However, they totally defend the promotion of those stereotypes at events like the pride parades.

They refuse to understand that part of why so many get turned off to supporting gay rights, whether it's things like "don't ask, don't tell" or gay marriage (and let's not get into a debate about those things here, please. Unless you really want to see me really go off on people who oppose those things). They have these images in their head of gay people dressing like the Village People and lesbians with dyke haircuts wearing leather. To me, most of the battle is changing the mental image people have of homosexuals.

As a straight man, I can tell you what the "gay agenda" is- It is to be given the same rights as straight people to live their lives freely and without fear of persecution or discrimination because of who they choose to sleep with. That's it.

On a side note- it must be election time. I just got political on Amber's forums. :x

After my experiences, for me, it shows that i am too biased to talk about homosexuality.

Holy crap this thread is waaaaaaaay off topic.

Sadly, I agree wtih Mikey so I don't have *much* to add.

Basically, the few openly gay/lesbian/bisexual people I've known in my life were pretty cool about just kind of being honest but not pushy. It leads me to believe that we have a case of the majority who are just happy to be themselves and not hated for it. Meanwhile there's a small but loud minority who feel they must stick it to the straight people by being completely over the top in a very public setting. I mostly ignore them my self because I really... don't... care. I suppose my take on it is I am happiest when I can be friends with a gay/lesbian/bisexual person but their sexual preference plays little or no role in that friendship. (Note: I don't really want my straight friends' sexual preferences playing a role in a friendship either.)

Mirra said:
Holy crap this thread is waaaaaaaay off topic.
Naw, it just went from "vanilla" being a poor metaphor for a range of sexual behaviours to "homosexual agendas" having issues as well.

Sexuality is central to who we are there is a sexual element to every human interaction. There is a lot of other stuff going on, as well, but we can't ever escape our nature entirely. We can't pretend it doesn't matter. That does not give anyone the right to behave badly toward another person just because they're different. The Golden Rule applies to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.