AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recommendation on Camera for photo shoots and recording videos

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Alien

Cam Model
Oct 8, 2015
Seattle
www.instagram.com
Twitter Username
@dream__alien
Tumblr Username
dreamalien-mfc
MFC Username
Dream_Alien
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/426641/Dream_Alien/
*NOT LOOKING FOR A WEBCAM*

So its about time for me to step up my game when recording my videos and photos! I usually just use my webcam (a Logitech c930) but want to get a higher quality picture.

I will only buy Canons or Nikons and my price range is a maximum of $3000.

So if anyone has any opinions on what would work best for me, or what you use, please let me know!
Thanks!

I imagine a flip screen and auto focus options are probably most useful when filming yourself. While I have never used one myself I know a few people who have had great success with the Canon 70d which offers both and would definitely give you room within your budget for a few extras.
This package deal here looks like it might be a reasonable starting point but if you decide to purchase a body and lens separately, do make sure that you only buy the "STM" designated lenses if you intend to use the auto focus or tracking features. Just about any other AF lens will make a lot more noise.
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Creator...UTF8&qid=1460558231&sr=1-6&keywords=canon+70d

At that price point it leaves you with a little extra money for a few things you may discover you want or need. My recommendations would include:
A longer cord to move the microphone off of the top of your camera to minimize the audio including the sound of your lens focusing.
Extra batteries! Video is a hungry beast. I've been very pleased with the Wasabi Power batteries. Canon is pretty proud of their batteries :)
http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-...F8&qid=1460558921&sr=1-3&keywords=70d+battery

Extra SD cards. 32g class 10 SD cards at a minimum. I've been very happy with SanDisk.
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extre...id=1460558983&sr=1-4&keywords=sandisk+extreme

Now... as a disclaimer, the batteries and the SD cards are the only things listed here that I have any personal experience with. I love my Canons but I have zero experience with the 70d or auto focus.

Edit to add: OOooops.
I am not a cam girl :) I didn't even realize which section this was posted in until I had finished my post... However... I... um... know lots of Cam girls? Whatever. I'm not the first non-model to reply in the Ask-a-model section and I'm sure I won't be the last. :)

Last edited:
I would stay away from DSLR's unless you have someone filming for you (due to auto focus issues). I would recommend the Canon Vixia G20 to any girl - The quality is amazing and it is really easy to use

I am upgrading from the G20 and getting this : It's the canon XA30 and it's pretty badass. I haven't used it yet since I am waiting to trade in the vixia but as soon as I get it I can update on it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018STUSXS...TF8&colid=2RZH27J9XDKX5&coliid=I2YGSU8CRMO8RY

So I know you posted Canon or Nikon only... but I just wanted to give my experience! I was an only Canon girl until I got my new camera!

I recently purchased a Sony a6000 and absolutely LOVE it!! It's great for video and pictures! I do self photoshoots and the remote works so much better than when I used to use a DSLR Canon. The autofocus is amazing for video and it's travel friendly (not too big) if that's a pro for you! I spent about $1500 for everything (extra lens, a really good tripod, extra battery, memory card, filters for lens, etc).

The only flaw is that it doesn't have a flip screen like my Canon (T3i) though you can download an app and see what the camera sees from your phone so that helps!

Reactions: MsSmith
What lenses did you get?

So I know you posted Canon or Nikon only... but I just wanted to give my experience! I was an only Canon girl until I got my new camera!

I recently purchased a Sony a6000 and absolutely LOVE it!! It's great for video and pictures! I do self photoshoots and the remote works so much better than when I used to use a DSLR Canon. The autofocus is amazing for video and it's travel friendly (not too big) if that's a pro for you! I spent about $1500 for everything (extra lens, a really good tripod, extra battery, memory card, filters for lens, etc).

The only flaw is that it doesn't have a flip screen like my Canon (T3i) though you can download an app and see what the camera sees from your phone so that helps!

I would stay away from DSLR's unless you have someone filming for you (due to auto focus issues).
Remember that on any DSLR, you can always turn the autofocus off!

Maybe renting a camera may be an option? There definately are shops here in the Netherlands who do rentals.

I love my Sony A320 but it is time to upgrade that one (beginner DSLR camera)

Remember that on any DSLR, you can always turn the autofocus off!

Maybe renting a camera may be an option? There definately are shops here in the Netherlands who do rentals.

I love my Sony A320 but it is time to upgrade that one (beginner DSLR camera)

Yes but it's a pain in the ass if you are shooting solo, I have been shooting for 5 years I think I would know how much of a pain it is. Of course it's doable but having a SLRS is way easier if you don't have a camera man

I'd recommend the Canon G7x. A lot of youtube vloggers use it and it looks nice and crisp even in low lighting. Its 20.2 MP with a flip sceen too so if that matters to you.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I'd recommend the Canon G7x. A lot of youtube vloggers use it and it looks nice and crisp even in low lighting. Its 20.2 MP with a flip sceen too so if that matters to you.

I'd second this. It's what I'd get if I wanted a portable compact capable of good video and stills. I mainly know it from its video. Vloggers were raging about it and couldn't swap over to it quick enough. It's the one they all want. Search Geoff Carter on utube. All his vdos for last 2 months were shot on one. He changed from a cheap cybershop. Check his vdo from 15th Nov called Koh Tao Sunset. Shows how quickly the camera reacts to light/dark and how well its autofocus works (answer: very well but gets confused every now and then). The utube vlogger kev in thailand uses one too. Any recent vdos by him except for indoor ones (and one where he used olympus Tough) will show outdoor in both good and low-ish light shots.

I'd second this. It's what I'd get if I wanted a portable compact capable of good video and stills. I mainly know it from its video. Vloggers were raging about it and couldn't swap over to it quick enough. It's the one they all want. Search Geoff Carter on utube. All his vdos for last 2 months were shot on one. He changed from a cheap cybershop. Check his vdo from 15th Nov called Koh Tao Sunset. Shows how quickly the camera reacts to light/dark and how well its autofocus works (answer: very well but gets confused every now and then). The utube vlogger kev in thailand uses one too. Any recent vdos by him except for indoor ones (and one where he used olympus Tough) will show outdoor in both good and low-ish light shots.

I'm not a cammodel either /blush/ just realised I made my first ever post in the wrong place. nvrmind lol

Status
Not open for further replies.