AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Republicans remove Rep. Steve King from his house responsibilities for his racism.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudriTwo

Cam Model
Jul 25, 2014
Twitter Username
@audritwo
Streamate Username
audritwo
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...o-condemn-his-racist-statements-idUSKCN1P92RB

"The U.S. House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly on Tuesday to pass a resolution disapproving statements made by Representative Steve King that were roundly criticized as racist, and King himself voted in favor of it.

King, a Republican who represents a conservative district in Iowa, gave a media interview earlier this month in which he questioned why “white supremacy” is considered offensive."

Good for Republicans for taking a stand for principles that are valued in the party of Lincoln. You rarely see republicans condemning their own or calling out the behavior that doesn't hold up their values and principles.

"The strength of the nation lies within the individuals who live in the country, and therefore feel that the individual’s freedom, dignity, and responsibility must come first and foremost in our government."

Rep. King has expressed views that can withhold other's freedom and dignity. Trevor Noah did a story on his racist statements and oh boy.

My question is, will the "freedom of speech" crowd be angry about this?

Reactions: Vera
Iowa is frustratingly racist for how far north it is. Sure, we were the first to desegregrate schools, a full century before the Civil Rights Movement, but we also have a lot of "git-er-done" types flying Confederate flags on their trucks - we were on the other side in that war, ya dumbasses.

We're a very purple state, but a higher percentage of the red population votes, which is how we got in the shit situation we are, with this shit in office and our Gilead-level abortion restrictions.

Part of me is like "yay, good job republicans."

Then another part of me is like "I basically just congratulated a dog for not shitting in the house AS MUCH as usual.."

*stares directly at the president*

*waits for a republican to wander in and get mad at me*

I don't really understand how putting a confederate flag on your desk in Iowa isn't seen as a treasonous thing for a government representative to do. For southern folks, it's history. For northern, it's nothing. What purpose does it serve there if not to promote division within our country?

I don't really understand how putting a confederate flag on your desk in Iowa isn't seen as a treasonous thing for a government representative to do. For southern folks, it's history. For northern, it's nothing. What purpose does it serve there if not to promote division within our country?

Confederate flags in the north serve only to identify racists. We were on the other side in that war, there's no reason to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.