AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Room Count and Slow Season Struggles

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluminaughty

Inactive Cam Model
Hi y'all,

First off, I just wanted to say I am so grateful for this forum and everyone who participates in supporting fellow cammodels and answering all our questions and helping with concerns. So glad to have discovered this and to be a part of it all.

Okay, so here are my aforementioned struggles:

I know that Summer is a slow season for web cam models. I joined the second-to-last week of June this year on MFC, not aware of this little tidbit. I even quit my day job, expecting to be able to support myself camming alone right off the bat (biiggg mistake).

I wanted to know when it starts to pick back up? My room count is at an all-time low. Lower than it has ever ever been, even on slow nights. Like, tonight I had less than 10 people in my room, and I was on for almost 3 hours and hadn't even made 1000 tokens. I live on the West Coast, so begin broadcasting anywhere between 6pm PST at my earliest and 9pm PST at my latest. My biggest issue is getting more eyeballs in my room and retaining the ones who do come in. At one point when I was new, I made it to the top 10 most popular rooms for a few nights. Then I had tech issues and missed a few days. Then, it dwindled from 80, to 50, to... 30 is the MAX I can hit lately, and hardly any of those people want to say a mere hello to me. The longer I stay on, the lower my scamscore goes down and I feel like maybe that's why I am getting less and less people in my room. Will it always be like this, or will it pick back up in the following months? If not, I am in deep, deep sh*t.

I spend hours researching a buttload on this forum and others alike, on a variety of topics/issues/etc. Games I can play, teases, how to stay entertaining... but all for naught. I cannot help but get incredibly discouraged, as I desperately NEED this to work so I can keep supporting myself. I can't even hit half my countdowns anymore :(

Any advice, encouragement and whatever else relating to this issue is much appreciated.

Maybe play around on other sites a bit? If nothing else you'd get extra viewers on CB just because of the "new" tag. If I were in your shoes I'd cam once a day on 3 different sites. There's more than one way to skin a cat as they say. If you're willing to put in the effort I promise you that you can make it work. Build your empire one day at a time and just try to have fun with it ya know?

Reactions: Alluminaughty
I am thinking about joining Chaturbate. It is just a matter of time when I sign up, lol. I think having two or more camming platforms will help me. I just think MFC has potential, so I really want the site to work. But you are right, build your own empire one day at a time! Don't get me wrong, I am definitely having fun in the whirl of it all; I just need to put it more time and get creative with marketing myself I suppose and hopefully things will get better fast!

I can't really give mfc advice considering that I can't cam there for obvious reasons :cry: But I personally love CB. The use of apps and bots really helps mix it up. Plus if you're tapping into different audiences you're kinda able to funnel them into your twitter which would boost sales on your MV or C4S if you use those. If you do branch out to CB I implore you to find a good mod. They can change the growth of your room and the amount of tips you receive by a lot.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Alluminaughty
I'm in the same place as you. I started out in February just making vids and quit my job in May due to mental health issues. I truly started camming in June and did okay at first. I made enough to pay bills. The room traffic slowed in July and finally died out in August. August has been my hardest month. I can't afford to pay for food anymore (just rent which takes priority). I managed to make 2737 tokens in the second half of August luckily, but most days I can't make more than 0-400 tokens (even after 4-5 hours). What has helped a little is trying out new camming times, setting smaller goals that lead up to a big goal, and keeping as cheerful on cam as humanly possible (even when I'm crying inside). Let's hope September brings success and traffic for both of us!

I'm in the same place as you. I started out in February just making vids and quit my job in May due to mental health issues. I truly started camming in June and did okay at first. I made enough to pay bills. The room traffic slowed in July and finally died out in August. August has been my hardest month. I can't afford to pay for food anymore (just rent which takes priority). I managed to make 2737 tokens in the second half of August luckily, but most days I can't make more than 0-400 tokens (even after 4-5 hours). What has helped a little is trying out new camming times, setting smaller goals that lead up to a big goal, and keeping as cheerful on cam as humanly possible (even when I'm crying inside). Let's hope September brings success and traffic for both of us!

As just a member, may I suggest that if you have a very slow room, then at least in my opinion countdowns and goals are not a very effective tool.

I suggest you put on your profile a nice tip menu. To me the more the merrier but you want some low token options, medium and higher. Then if a guy does pop in to visit and they see that they have some easy options to try. For at least one model I know adding a big tip menu has really helped.

You've got a lot of content on share.mfc and many vids, so you might also what to add Charlesbot to occasional post ads about some of your content. I would just not suggest a high posting interval in a slow room

I would also suggest adding a game like a "spinning wheel" or "draw a card" for a prize.. wether a flash, or a video , or mini show or whatever. Just an additional fun idea that I have seen work on a slower room.

Good Luck!!!

As just a member, may I suggest that if you have a very slow room, then at least in my opinion countdowns and goals are not a very effective tool.

I suggest you put on your profile a nice tip menu. To me the more the merrier but you want some low token options, medium and higher. Then if a guy does pop in to visit and they see that they have some easy options to try. For at least one model I know adding a big tip menu has really helped.

You've got a lot of content on share.mfc and many vids, so you might also what to add Charlesbot to occasional post ads about some of your content. I would just not suggest a high posting interval in a slow room

I would also suggest adding a game like a "spinning wheel" or "draw a card" for a prize.. wether a flash, or a video , or mini show or whatever. Just an additional fun idea that I have seen work on a slower room.

Good Luck!!!
I actually do have a huge tip menu on my whiteboard and 2 wheel spin options. It's my most tipped for thing :D I'm going to figure out Charlesbot soon, but for now I just make him tell me jokes when I'm feeling kinda down lol

I actually do have a huge tip menu on my whiteboard and 2 wheel spin options. It's my most tipped for thing :D I'm going to figure out Charlesbot soon, but for now I just make him tell me jokes when I'm feeling kinda down lol
Ahh I didn't see your Tip Menu because you can only really get to a model's Whiteboard when you are on-line and turn it on. I would suggest adding it to your profile as well as a guy can see it without needing to even enter your room. Because you know... many guys are scardy cats and all that. :)

There is good info on CharlesBot here... https://charlesbot.com/

if you need help with it let me know and I'll try and assist. I just got it going for one of my friends.

• Helpful!
Reactions: corpsekitten
This is a friendly reminder that financial aid should be kicking in real soon. Also around now is a good time to pay attention to when football games are on.

I wanted to know when it starts to pick back up? My room count is at an all-time low. Lower than it has ever ever been, even on slow nights. Like, tonight I had less than 10 people in my room, and I was on for almost 3 hours and hadn't even made 1000 tokens. I live on the West Coast, so begin broadcasting anywhere between 6pm PST at my earliest and 9pm PST at my latest. My biggest issue is getting more eyeballs in my room and retaining the ones who do come in. At one point when I was new, I made it to the top 10 most popular rooms for a few nights. Then I had tech issues and missed a few days. Then, it dwindled from 80, to 50, to... 30 is the MAX I can hit lately, and hardly any of those people want to say a mere hello to me. The longer I stay on, the lower my scamscore goes down and I feel like maybe that's why I am getting less and less people in my room. Will it always be like this, or will it pick back up in the following months? If not, I am in deep, deep sh*t.

This post I read yesterday was relevant to your case, and maybe you would learn something from her experience.

I would second @Striker44 's suggestion to have a large tip menu, and include on that a lot of cheap items as well as expensive ones. Guys with a few tokens to spare will feel more included.

If a guy is bidding amounts that do not correspond to the tip menu, maybe point him to your whiteboard and offer to do anything on that up to his tip amount. He might not take you up on that, but he will feel like you tried to give him value and he will appreciate that. Ask guys who are in conversation with you what they think about your tip menu. If a guy is just ignoring that and not tipping and has no questions showing interest in a show or other product you sell, probably he is a freeloader. I mean if you have a tip menu with cute items that are 3, 4, 5, 6 tokens a shot, he has no real excuse.

Once you have a great tip menu, then maybe try to run an occasional promotion. For example, a custom clip normally has a market price of around $10/minute. Run a one-day sale - which you actively promote during your show - that any guy who tips you for a cumulative total of YYY tokens during that one show only that will get a five minute custom clip. That offer is subject to limitations, such as you will not do anything that exceeds your limits, and you have the right to then resell the clip. That's a win for you and the member, since he gets to double dip and gets the value of the tips during the show and then a free prize in the form of the custom. That's a win for you because you raise income during a slow period when there is nothing coming in, but you are also being paid to build more inventory of clips, which will then pay you an annuity later on.

I have a fairly large tip menu already :) I even reduced the prices of a couple things so hopefully that helps. I came up with a few promo ideas, like making custom vids or pictures, and selling my videos as a bundle type deal. I like your idea though and the way you explain it @Smores! I definitely need to market myself and what I am offering more frequently/more obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.