AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Room Music

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

American_Beauty

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 11, 2011
Twitter Username
@Beauty_Kristin
Hey Guys! Finally getting back into the swing of camming regularly, and really enjoying myself :) What type of music do you play in your room? I've been jamming to Bassnectar all week- getting great compliments on it too- but I can only listen to the same 40 drops for a few days. What type of music do you like to play to create that fun, party, atmosphere. I know I could just google, but I like asking what other models think :) Thanks!
Europa

I play a lil bit of everything.I play evanescence,seether,rob zombie,Nightwish,Tyr,Air supply,Journey,Alice cooper,ACDC,some country Leanne Rimes is my fav so is shania twain,Pink,Avril Lavigne *forgot how you spelt her last name),Def leapord,Skid row,Lonely island,weird al,Bon Jovi,White snake,Warrent,Pussycat dolls etc yup lol.

If I'm on MFC in the daytime, I find a real radio station online to listen to out of another city, usually a rock or classic rock station. It feels more "real" to me than turning on my playlist.

At night, though, especially if I'm on SM, I'll either turn on my playlist or even just go to Pandora if I'm bored and haven't downloaded anything new. Either of which I listen to a mix of 80s and rock and some non-obnoxious Jpop. Whatever puts me in a good mood and won't annoy the shit out of everyone else. I listening to a mix of things (that I like) so everyone can recognize something personally. Anything from Coheed and Cambria, Eurythmics, Depeche Mode, Metallica, Garbage, BoA, Barenaked Ladies, Yoko Kanno, Sublime, Johnny Cash...

I don't think music makes a huge difference, it's never really the main concern of people watching you, but if you start playing something like Justin Bieber I imagine that's when it does start to matter. No matter how super sexy and awesome a girl is I could not sit through that, nope.
I play mostly alternative and indie rock.

I play anything that comes to my mind. Unaggressive hip hop, rnb, pop, ambient, electro...
No rock, though; in my free time I listen to a lot of indie/alternative, but the people in my room say they have trouble hearing me over the music, no matter how low I set the volume :?

iTunes has a variety of cool radio stations of every genre!

In privates I don't play any music at all, unless the guy asks for something specific.

Lily90x said:
In privates I don't play any music at all, unless the guy asks for something specific.

best private EVER was a guy who wanted me to play death metal while flipping him off and cussing at him...

I was SCREAMING over the music LOL

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
Ha ha death metal attack, that's great. :) I do not think music makes a diference to the viewer, but I'd go nuts sitting around and chatting without having something to bounce to and sing a bit ha ha ha. But I think we all unanimously agree.....no Beiber cam Fever lol

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
I don't really care what genre a model plays in her room. I do wish all models would play the music softly, since by the time it comes out of our speakers, the sound is horribly distorted in most cases, and volume only enhances the distortion. Music played too loudly also competes with the model's voice, and really, that's part of why members go into a room in the first place--to see and hear the model.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Lily90x said:

best private EVER was a guy who wanted me to play death metal while flipping him off and cussing at him...

I was SCREAMING over the music LOL

lmao, that would be a great private :)

I've been groovin' on some old fashion music lately. Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, etc. but sometimes I'll do some techno or hip hop and try my very best to keep it in the background and not too loud! In pvt I either have the music way down or off! I have 'moods', so whatever my little mood of the day is will determine everything.

I play all kinds of music! But I notice most people who come into my room, I think they like louder aggressive music? Like uh... full of energy. It's hard to describe, but when I play my chill music, it gets really quiet, less people in the room, and less tips.

Play your style music mostly.
Play pop music. Pop music makes people happy. Recent studies have shown that listening to pop music (even if the person doesn't like pop music) fires off the pleasure centers of the brain. Just keep it to a low volume while you're talking or whatever as a subliminal reminder for the brain to work.

Here's my opinion, but I don't really recommend following it unless you're really into music and like playing around with such things:
I would create multiple play lists to accentuate the mood of the room during different times. Dancing and stripping music are different from relaxing music usually (depending on your musical tastes). I love listening to CDs, but find when I am at home working I like a different tone than while driving. Short trips are different musically than long trips. Treat your room the same and let the style of music operate as a tool rather than just hitting "play all"

Don't worry about it too much though. You're the focus of the room, not the music. But the music can help the energy. And like everything in the camming world: the more you put into it, the more you get out of it (but don't put more than you're willing to give into it).

Reactions: Aspen Marie
Seen some girls for like a 10 token tip they can pick a song. Might help get a few extra tokens, and get a feel for the the mood of the customers, if there playing more aggressive music match that, if it's more laid back chill a little more.

I find myself playing a lot of classic rock and oldies. The Beatles and Queen come on a lot in my room. :lol:

I also tend to listen to a lot of super obscure indie rock from bands that only made one or two albums and never toured, so I try and slip that stuff in as well.

One of my ideas for my show was to run it a bit like a radio show, I always wanted to be a DJ when I was a little girl. I've been half debating starting a blog for the purpose of being able to post my show playlists so if someone hears something that they want to check out again, they can find it.

Anything without too many "niggers" or "muthafuckers" in it is fine. The main thing is to get the sound quality right. I am passing by rooms i might otherwise have stayed in because of the sound quality (or lighting for that matter) on a regular basis. A large minority of models get it wrong in my experience.

naughtylexi said:
do you all think the music really makes a huge difference?

Really depends on several factors.

1. Is this my first time in the room? If yes, then music could make a huge difference. If I don't know you and you are playing something that *I* find annoying, I'm gone. Play something I like, I'll probably at least stick around for a few minutes at least.

2. Are you mostly talking or mostly typing? If mostly talking, then music makes much more difference because I can't mute and still follow the conversation. If mostly typing, I couldn't care less about your music. If I like it, great. If I don't, mute and play my own soundtrack.

Those are the two biggies, there are more, but more personal preference than anything general that would be helpful to a wide spectrum.

Reactions: missmeowmixx
I play whatever music is "my music" because I can dance better to it because its familiar. It also makes it more comfortable for me and personal for my visitors. I feel sexier when I'm at ease and just jamming/hanging out.
Sometimes I jump around to post punk or hardcore
Other times Ill play some alt rock, darkwave kind of stuff when I want to gyrate slowly
Ive found that the guys who are into girls with my "look" usually like the same kind of music
As long as the volume is loud enough to hear clearly and low enough not to interfere with my voice/mic I dont think it matters as long as its not BAD music.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
ooh interesting!

I think it makes quite a bit of difference

The main important point to not is that it aint too loud, Theres nothing worse than any music, no matter how good it is drowning out the model
It also has to suit the mood of the room, nowt worse than someone sat there looking awkward with Dre on in the background

I do gravitate to models who have decent music, Sweetdee has awesome music, Its quite an imp[important factor for me

I listen to mostly hip-hop. If I really like the song I can't help but just dancing to it. So the guys get a free treat from my music. Even if they don't like it, they usually don't complain when I'm shaking my ass to it!

Reactions: DudeExtreme
I'd love to hear more member opinions on this one, keep it coming guys!!

personally I have a bunch of playlists I switch between. I have 3 mfc- specific playlists .. an 'up' a 'middle' and a 'down.' I play Down during pvts, quietly, as it's specifically formulated as ambient , and won't ever kill my vibe. middle is for chillin and up is for danceytime. I also have lots more though!!! i'm a muzik junkie so i have dozens of playlists, most of which are hours, or even days, long. i try to play stuff that is not too abrasive, although sometimes I can't resist a bit of chunky bass or skinny puppy... :dance:

the weirdest thing was when I was online sewing one morning listening to happy hardcore and there was over 100 ppl in my room. most people I know irl do NOT like hardcore , it's really fast and I Try not to play it on cam, even though I LOVE it. I rarely have that many peeps even when I'm doing a sexy show!!

so that's kinda odd to me..... otherwise, a lot of peeps say they dig my tunes, so yay for that.

Oki Mixxi, just because u asked for more.. :-D
Almost any music is ok with me as long as you're happy.
I will bypass a room with anything 'gangsta or thug rap' .. doesn't matter if its 'Detroit, Russian or Rommie'.. I will usually come back tho just to see if it was a random selection.
The PRIMARY thing is the volume. If we can't hear/ understand you over the music, whats the point of trying to chat? Also, I realize many girls use laptop built-in speakers and have the cam/mic hanging on the screen [or very close] if its not the built in one. A cheap fix that will allow you to hear it well enough to dance and not drown out the mic is to have a small set of auxiliary speakers [I have a great set that were $>15.] You can put them on the floor away from the pickup, hear it across the room and then talk in your normal voice too. [yes, i know most of you know this. simply a suggestion for any of the 'fresh girls'.] :dance:
:text-merryxmas:

While I have my own taste in music I also enjoy being introduced to new music as well. I will listen to anything except country music and music so loud it drowns out the model or makes my speakers screech. I love slow songs that have a sexy voice singing and complicated instrumental or techno music.

I use the radio stations that come with the basic cable on my tv. :) The tv is across the room from where I cam and I usually keep it low so that I'm audible without strain. I switch back and forth between the alternative, metal, rock, top 100 hits and oldies stations. It depends on the day and my mood as to what you'll hear when I'm on cam. :) If someone absolutely hates the music and as long as they ask nicely I'll typically change the station.

missmeowmixx said:
I'd love to hear more member opinions on this one, keep it coming guys!

I had planned on keeping it very general, but since you asked so nicely...........

Judging from previous member posts, I may be in the minority, but to me music is very important. Like you, I'm a music junkie. Have to have music playing all the time.

I'm always open to hearing music that I'm not familiar with, I have diverse tastes. But, I can't stand to listen to stuff I dislike for more than a couple of songs. Contrary to other's statements, music I dislike WILL drive me out of a room. (Notice I said music I dislike, not bad music, there is a difference).

If I like a model that I'm not real familiar with and she is playing music that I dislike, I will ask if she takes song requests, which I don't mind tipping for.

I have been turned on to some music that I now enjoy and in turn have introduced models (and members for that matter) to some music that they now play regularly.

No matter how good looking, how personable, etc, if a model consistently plays music I find grating, without any flexibility, for me it's a deal breaker. I then follow everyone's go to advice and hit "next model".

I'm not trying to change what works for anyone. There are plenty who play music I enjoy. That is part of the beauty of MFC - everyone can find something that they can connect with if they try enough.

Last point, as others have stated, the sound quality can't suck. For me, it doesn't have to be perfect, but it must be decent.

I purposefully have not stated what music I do and do not like. Everyone's tastes are different and that is to be respected.

I am such a music snob.
Music is a big part of my life. My taste is eclectic but picky. I never take a song request from someone who isn't a long time regular because 9/10 times I HATE it and I can not pretend not to! I'm not out to hurt peoples feelings but dangit, I just can't lie!
In my room you can hear music ranging from Roy Orbison to Sneaker Pimps and maybe a little Cracker in between. I listen to music that makes me feel good and without it I really don't think I could put on a show.

My taste in music is incredibly eclectic, and the music I play in my room really shows it!

I did my best to pull out the downer songs, (including the really gushy love songs because they either make me so happy the guys assume there's someone significant or so down everyone leaves... because there is someone significant but our status is rocky), but you will see me gyrating to anything from "Hampster Dance" to "7 weeks" (gym class heroes), from "Who Let the Dogs Out" (put that one in for flashes :p ) to "Carnival of the Animals".

Due to the existence of Weird Al in my playlist, I always turn the music off when I go group or private.

Status
Not open for further replies.