AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Safety/Double Edge Razors/ Wet Shaving

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessi

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
May 17, 2011
Twitter Username
@JessiDeer
MFC Username
JessiDeer
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/43191/JessiDeer/
Do any forum members practice wet shaving with a safety razor?

I have been doing a lot of research as I'm plagued with the most sensitive skin on the planet. Ive tried every hair removal method possible and numerous shaving techniques, but the last thing I haven't yet is a safety razor. This is before I shell out for electrolysis or travel to find a lazer tech with special lazers for blonde losers like myself.

Before I make a leap and buy one I was hoping some of the gentlemen on the foum could help me solve a small problem!
I can't find a handle with a small enough head to fit in the delicate lady parts. Theres lots of nooks and crannies a lady needs to get into, and I dont want to get less of a shave or worry about a razor blade bumping into things that it should not. I feel like Ive seen little moustache ones in a high-end shave shop, so Im sure they exist.

Thank yooou :pray:

220px-Merkur_heavy_duty_safety_razor.jpg

I too have extremely sensitive skin, and it works fine for me. I normally have to have a hot shower first, but other than that I've had no problems with it. Not sure if there is anything specific you were wondering about though.

Tigresslily said:
I too have extremely sensitive skin, and it works fine for me. I normally have to have a hot shower first, but other than that I've had no problems with it. Not sure if there is anything specific you were wondering about though.

Yes,

Jessi said:
I can't find a handle with a small enough head to fit in the delicate lady parts. Theres lots of nooks and crannies a lady needs to get into, and I dont want to get less of a shave or worry about a razor blade bumping into things that it should not. I feel like Ive seen little moustache ones in a high-end shave shop, so Im sure they exist.
:oops: :oops:

Jessi said:
Tigresslily said:

Yes,

Jessi said:

Sorry tired :oops: ...um it may be different for girls who like doing landing strips and such (bald down there for me since I was 16), but I generally have no problem with nooks and crannies...sorry, my bad for reading before coffee, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Tigresslily said:
Jessi said:
Tigresslily said:

Yes,

Jessi said:

Sorry tired :oops: ...um it may be different for girls who like doing landing strips and such (bald down there for me since I was 16), but I generally have no problem with nooks and crannies...sorry, my bad for reading before coffee, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

What kind of handle do you use?

well both on my man parts and my face im uber sensitive too.

i cant recommend a safety razor for that kind of skin really, the single blade requires more scraping to get close. one of the modern replacable head types should do better ( you know, senor, etc) but regardless of the type of razor theres several things you can do to reduce irritation as well as razor bumps.

first was already mentioned. shave either immediately after or during a shower/bath. the skin is more moisturized and the hair softer, so less irritation.

secondly make sure that the razor itself is sharp and clean. you can test on an out of the way place like the leg or upper arm. if it doesnt cut the hair there easily and without scraping then dont use it for sensitive spots.

next is your shaving lubricant.go with one of the gel forms instead of a traditional cream. aveeno makes the best shave gels out there, bar none. they have a formula for sensitive skin and unlike most brands doesnt burn the bikini area. applying a light layer of lotion containing aloe before the gel can help too. apply a healthy amount, enough to get full overage of the area to be shaved, but not so much that theres more than a half inch of foam

thats all set up. during the shave itself clean the razor frequently, after every second or third pass at the least. a clogged razor skips and scrapes more than it cuts.

next is how to use the razor itself. make sure you have a firm grip, and try to hold the razor mid way down the shaft for maximum control with minimum pressure.

start just outside of the edge of the area to be shaved, and place the head of the razor evenly against the skin. shave with the direction of hair growth, and do not lift the razor except to clean it. every time you make a stroke theres a greater chance of irritation and razor cuts. when you place the razor try to slide the head backwards a bit as this will lift the hairs slightly. with the lightest pressure you can manage move the razor no more than one inch at a time, again not lifting it, but sliding it backwards to reposition.

lastly dont be in a rush, quick jerky movements dont get a better shave, and they irritate the skin more. move slow and gently, no matter what parts are being shaved.

i did shaves on legs, faces and genitals for patients over about 20 years, and never once had a cut. and once i figured out how to prep my own skin i dont get razor burn any more anywhere i shave.

every person's bikini bits are shaped a little dofferent, so i cant be too specific about where to place the razor for the best shave without seeing the person in question and their razor, but in general i like to start out on the mons pubis with women and work down, clearing it first before proceeding to the labia and perineum. with guys its different though

i can cover legs too if anyone wants, but i dont think thats what jessi was asking about lol

Jessi said:
Tigresslily said:
Jessi said:
Tigresslily said:

Yes,

Jessi said:

What kind of handle do you use?

Oh, I usually just use Gillette nowadays, but I've used many throughout the years.

Thank you samurai, for your detailed post.
Sadly this is very similar to the method I use! Ive spent a long time browsing shaving forums and /r/wickededge. I have found the perfectest perfectest shaving creme (I have tried gels, professional soaps, and many brands of canned foam) and I exfoliate every day in the shower. My current razor and blades are Gillette Fusion Power. Its 40 dollars for a blade pack, and I need a new one every time I shave :(

My problems are better now than ever, but I still get very very bumpy skin. Even after waxing. These aren't razor burn or ingrowns, but each hair follicle swells and remains like that until the hair comes back. There is no redness associated, but the skin does hurt to rub. I have a dermatologist referral though, this has been a problem since I started shaving. If I can find a laser that will find my blonde hair well enough, straight up killing the follicles seems to be the best option.

I use these:
http://www.examiner.com/article/ppe-s-p ... ini-shaver
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... ase_filler

The second one is awesome cuz it can trim hair as well as shave it completely!

Whatever I can get a hold of - finding them at the store can be tricky.
One thing that helps me is to use conditioner rather than shaving cream when I shave. Not sure how great it is to be rubbing that all over down there, but whatever works. I do the same thing with my legs. Then after I shave, I exfoliate - yes, exfoliate - my lady bits with a fine loofah. Gently!
That helps immensely with the bumps, which I will also get. If I don't exfoliate, I look like a plucked chicken.

Jessi said:
Sadly this is very similar to the method I use! Ive spent a long time browsing shaving forums and /r/wickededge. I have found the perfectest perfectest shaving creme (I have tried gels, professional soaps, and many brands of canned foam) and I exfoliate every day in the shower. My current razor and blades are Gillette Fusion Power. Its 40 dollars for a blade pack, and I need a new one every time I shave :(

My problems are better now than ever, but I still get very very bumpy skin. Even after waxing. These aren't razor burn or ingrowns, but each hair follicle swells and remains like that until the hair comes back. There is no redness associated, but the skin does hurt to rub. I have a dermatologist referral though, this has been a problem since I started shaving. If I can find a laser that will find my blonde hair well enough, straight up killing the follicles seems to be the best option.

Lasers do not work well with blonde hair, because they do not absorb the energy directed at them the same way dark hair does. I do not use them, but if you want to try to save money you could try Dollar Shave Club.

Shaun__ said:
Jessi said:

Lasers do not work well with blonde hair, because they do not absorb the energy directed at them the same way dark hair does. I do not use them, but if you want to try to save money you could try Dollar Shave Club.

Thanks Shaun, I understand about the laser hair removal, and Ive had tests done with several kinds. I'll will need to travel out of the province to find a laser tech who uses a specific kind of laser which does. The brand is Palomar and it was reccomended to me by a dermatologist so thats my last attempt with it before electrolysis

I'll check our dollar shave club for sure! thank you

I use these mini Noxema razors. You can find them at Wal Mart. They're much smaller then traditional razors so are much easier to maneuver in tight spaces. They also have a handy plastic skin-pusher thingy that prevents you from cutting yourself.

As for gel, Rite Aid sells an AWESOME product called "Anti Bumps Shave Gel". It's made especially for your bikini zone. The Noxema razors just glide right over the hair, it's great.

Attachments

• Noxzema_Bikini.jpg
    Noxzema_Bikini.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 147
  • thCA7MGSUK.jpg
    thCA7MGSUK.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 145
Also if you do not know, make sure you dry your razor blades when you finish shaving. Leaving them wet will dull razor blades really fast.

Jessi:
I only shave in the shower ...I have that sensitive skin issues as well and i find direct running warm/hot water with out any shaving creme scent is the best. Plus the hot water makes sure that you blade is going to be at it's most expanded as opposed to shaving in cold/luke water.
Now I have never tried one of the old lock blade single razors that maybe the definite way to go but ull want warm/hot water for those blades and loads of sensitive skin, no scent, lubricant.
The best is the Neutrogena Men Sensitive Skin shave cream...it really is great no rashes or cosmetic reactions leaves pours clear and doesn't hurt on ingrown hairs or bumpy surfaces.Put it on the skin...rub it in a little bit gently and give it a couple of minutes to get setup...1-2 minutes does a make a difference.
My one friend she lovesssss to steal it from me and use it on her legs and her...umh yes her legs.
I'll tell you Jessi...ppl will tell you its all about the razor...but let me tell u its the lube that brings the joy. (yes i see it now after i typed it out but I'm not going back pffffft :) )

YEA that's RIGHT (puffs out chest) Neutrogena is the best and NO I'm not a metrosexual...I just get razor rash/burn very easy :)

Just Me said:
I do not have personal experience with them, but have heard good things about heat hair removal type products. They tend to be expensive for the the good ones but I think you would recoup you costs over shaving eventually.

no!no! Hair Removal System

Just giving some feedback on the NoNo
It literally burns the hair off the follicle (smells pretty bad) and can take some time to see the hair thin out depending how thick or coarse it is. It took about a year of regular use for me to see 40% less hair on my legs. You can use it on your arms, legs, underarm and bikini line, but I would avoid using it fully on the pubic area. After using the NoNo to zap the hair you have to use an exfoliating pad to take off the hair and follicles, which hurts if your skin is sensitive and can cause more harm then good.

My brother uses a safety razor and douses it in rubbing alcohol after each use. It disinfects and also helps it dry quickly to prevent the blades from rusting and dulling. You can also do this to your regular razors, but it'll eat the conditioning strip off of it.

I have lurked this forum for ages, but the lure of sharing my fascination with pogontomy was simply too much to bear.

I am a fair skinned fellow with dense hair and am among the devoted followers of Youtube sensation Mantic59. My daily driver razor handles include the Merkur HD and the Merkur 45 Bakelite. For someone new to proper wetshaving I must recommend the 45. It's like cheating; it's so easy. Make certain the action end is flat against the skin and let the tool do its work. No pressure. No pain. As always, let multiple passes do the job. My daily facial shave is a four-pass affair. With the grain. Across the grain. Against the grain. A second with the grain pass on problem areas, in my case the neck just below the ears. Mr. 59's methods readily lend themselves to non-facial shaving and I encourage you to watch his videos.

I have little first-hand knowledge of intimate shaving as that would take all month for someone as hirsute as myself. I would be rounded up and shot if I were to be too specific, but more than one of my dear female friends has adopted this old, old school method for intimate shaving . To my confusion and delight, one was insistent that she share her most intimate results with me. I know it works. The idea that the razor head is too large is a failure to comprehend the method. A razor handle is shaped in such a way that despite its girth it may be used in especially odd shaped areas without trouble ... although a bit of foresight and planning is required.

Do invest in a quality boar or horse brush; which will stink at first but you'll live. Do invest in a quality, foolproof shaving soap or cream. Use creams only if you have especially hard water. I recommend Kiss My Face Moisture Shave, yes with a brush, or either Proraso cream formula. These are truly brilliant products which are easy to manipulate and provide excellent results. I do not like Cremo Creme, but all of the women with whom I discuss these matters swear by it.

Before going all out and buying a DE, you should try disposable Bump Fighter razors. Although these are marketed to men of African heritage some of us with far, far less melanin often get excellent results with these because we suffer similar problems. The weight of the Merkurs make for an easier job, but the magic is in the mix of your shaving cream and the fact that a single razor cannot bury any single hair under the skin. That's what bumps are.

As far as razors go, it is always a test. I have proved allergic to certain varieties. Others do next to nothing in mowing away hair, although everyone else swears by them. Start with Derbys just like all the men and see how it goes. You may need something sharper or milder. A careful reading of forums is in order. If you have a baseline against which to compare performance, you may be able to discover which reviews are relevant to you. Of course, sample packs of 5 razors each of many varieties are available and you should certainly try those. For my daily shave I use Shark Super-Platinum razors which I never heard of before my fourth or fifth sample pack arrived.

Good luck. Shaving can be an adventure, but the rewards can be life long.

Reactions: Jessi
Just Me said:
I do not have personal experience with them, but have heard good things about heat hair removal type products. They tend to be expensive for the the good ones but I think you would recoup you costs over shaving eventually.

no!no! Hair Removal System
I've never heard worse reviews from friends than I have with the no!no!. Apparently it's painful to use and doesn't work at all. According to my mother and two of my aunts, it's the "worst piece of shit they ever spent any money on and they hope to God that whoever invented it goes to hell." :?

Also, Amazon shows it as having significantly more negative reviews than positive. I'm pretty sure I'd stay away from it unless you've used it personally and have had a positive experience with it. I'm also fairly certain that one of the ladies on here has posted somewhere about her experiences with it and said it was the most awful hair removal system she ever used.
http://www.amazon.com/8800-Series-D...r_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Status
Not open for further replies.