AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Safety of Amazon Wishlists?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2019
Hi everyone!
I just had my first camming session last night (so I am new and feel a bit clueless). I had quite a few guys ask me about an Amazon wishlist. I noticed that several other models advertise their wishlist on their profile or in their room, but I am concerned over the safety of this.
From what I have read on the internet:
1. Third party sellers are not obliged to keep the shipping address from the buyer if the buyer contacts them.
2. Anyone can create a seller account, list an item on your wish list for sale, purchase it, then have access to your shipping information (name on account and address).
2. Purchasers can view the name on the Amazon account, city, and state.
3. Apparently P.O. boxes are safer, but still can expose your general location.
4. Apparently amazon lockers are an alternative to P.O. boxes and concealing your address.

So, my questions are, what of these are true and what is not? A lot of what I was reading was information from 2+ years ago, but I still do not feel entirely comfortable with the idea until I am certain my privacy is safe. Also, does anyone know what information Amazon Lockers give to the buyers? Is there truly a secure way of giving people an Amazon Wishlist to buy gifts, or should I just request that gift cards be sent and that they pick what I buy with them if they want?

I don't do wishlists, because its too much of a risk for stuff I can buy on my own if I work harder. I'm also not the biggest fan of receiving gifts. I do accept amazon giftcards because you get those guys who do want to send you gifts. I have a private wish list I buy from that. There are also dudes who don't understand that "gift" isn't the same as payment. When I was a baby cammodel with a wishlist, some douche bought up a bunch of my list. Then got pissed I wouldn't give him a Skype show for exchange. He canceled all items. He probably was gonna cancel regardless. So if you ever do use AWL for show or content exchange, wait till you receive the items first.

IMO, my privacy and doxx are way more valuable than that air fryer or boots I want. Gifts are not essential for being a cammodel.

Thank you both so much for your input!
I think I will stick to no wish list, and if someone really wants, I will accept an amazon gift card. It really does not seem there is a 100% secure way to receive gifts through the AWL, so I can totally do without.

Reactions: DoD404 and AudriTwo
I wanna echo- thanks for this question, and thanks Amber for linking other discussions about it. Y'all the best~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.