AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SAVE MAXIMUS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to show I didn't mean to bash the fairer sex... here is another reporter that was clueless when it comes to dogs. The handler should have picked up on the obvious signs too! Notice all of the same warning signs the dog displayed prior to the incident... the ears back, lip smacking, the look of back the eff off, and general signs of being uncomfortable in the situation.

@Boce from my experience with dogs, I've very rarely ever seen a male stick his face into a dog's without permission. There is only one male I know who does this, but it's with only 2 dogs that know and trust him. When I was still a preteen, we had taken my mother's yorkie out to PetSmart. A woman stuck her face in muffin's face and muffin didn't like it. I was holding her so she didn't bite the woman, but I bet the woman got a good scare after that. Lol. With any animal, it's just rude to stick your face in their face. They have space bubbles just like people and if you encroach on that space they'll feel offended and want to protect that space. It's common sense. You wouldn't stick your face in a lion's face either, just sayin. :roll:

Bocefish said:
The place where Max is being quarantined said he has no previous issues and will be released back to his owner after the quarantine time is up barring no further issues.

I was thinking about all the face bites I have seen or heard about and they all happened to be girls or women. Not saying it's never happened to guys, but that's been my experience. A lot of women seem to think all dogs need is affection. Dogs need rules, discipline, expectations and limitations set on them just like children do. A dog's love is based on trust, respect and loyalty... NOT snuggling or smooches. Most of the time it's the person who needs training when a dog has perceived problems.

No sexism implied, but I do agree with this. I've never heard of a man putting his face into a strange dog's face. It does seem men are not as inclined to trust a strange animal as some women may be.

Bocefish said:
The place where Max is being quarantined said he has no previous issues and will be released back to his owner after the quarantine time is up barring no further issues.

I was thinking about all the face bites I have seen or heard about and they all happened to be girls or women. Not saying it's never happened to guys, but that's been my experience. A lot of women seem to think all dogs need is affection. Dogs need rules, discipline, expectations and limitations set on them just like children do. A dog's love is based on trust, respect and loyalty... NOT snuggling or smooches. Most of the time it's the person who needs training when a dog has perceived problems.

Thank you for letting us know! Maybe this is the new dog bite thread. :)

Bocefish said:

Insert 'yay' emote here... lol.

I've been getting a few emails from fellow fosters about this incident. Since our dogs are usually 100lb+ we take cares to do background on adopters to ensure good placement. This also includes inquiry of their 'dog knowledge' in general and also about 'alpha dog" or pack mentality. My thought is that if every new dog owner was required to watch a short, maybe 5 minute vid on how to understand basic thought process of a dog and what they view as threatening, many fewer bites would happen. [ Should also be mandatory for any idiot news person. ]

Reactions: LadyLuna
Jupiter551 said:
Mitchie Lynn said:
I'm sorry, but if a stranger was getting close to MY face like that woman was, I'd probably bite them too!
What if a stranger got too close to your cleavage? Smother?
ALx4p.gif
No, you get a double slap attack as each of my boobies whack you in the face like two demolition boulders!

Reactions: Jupiter551 and Rose
Update:

That's a lot of stitches! :eek: It would've been nice if she also admitted that what happened was not entirely the dog's fault. Looks like she's keeping her lawsuit options open. :snooty:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/n ... -news.html
The Colorado news anchor bitten by a rescued dog live on air posted on her Facebook page that she received 70 stitches on her face and is unable to speak because her mouth is stitched shut.

Kyle Dyer, a veteran morning news anchor for NBC News' Denver affiliate KUSA, was reporting on an uplifting story of a dog rescued from a frozen reservoir when the dog bit her on the lip Feb. 8.

When Dyer bent down to kiss the dog's nose, the 85-pound Argentine Mastiff named Max turned his head and bit into Dyer's face, as his owner and rescuer watched in disbelief.

Dyer has received an outpouring of support from thousands of well-wishers on her Facebook page. Over the weekend, she took to the page to update them on her status.

"After a 4 hour surgery, I have 70 stitches in my upper lip, lower lip and nose," Dyer wrote. "I am unable to talk because my mouth is stitched shut to allow for the skin graft to take and get the blood circulating in my lips again."

Dyer thanked the medical team at Denver Health Medical center for taking "excellent care" of her. She was released from the hospital on Thursday and is at home recovering.

"I can't say thank you enough for all of your notes and prayers of encouragement and love," Dyer wrote. "They give me great strength, which along with my faith, will see me through a successful recovery!"

Dyer is scheduled to return to the doctor this week and to undergo another procedure in the next few weeks and is already looking to the future and her return to TV.

"Once I'm all healed, I will return to my friends at 9NEWS who have been remarkably supportive as have viewers and friends throughout the country," she wrote.

Update on TV Anchor Bitten by Rescued Dog During Live Broadcast and Max the Dog Who Bit Her

Posted on February 13, 2012

KUSA Reports: Max, the Dog Who Bit Anchor Kyle Dyer ‘Most Likely’ Will Not Be Put Down I say thank goodness and animals lovers, lets make sure he is not but down. This poor dog was first traumatized falling into the icy water, went through a rescue and then was paraded around on TV on a set that probably made him nervous.

http://askmarion.wordpress.com/2012/02/ ... o-bit-her/

Reactions: Rose
Jupiter551 said:
unable to speak because her mouth is stitched shut.
I wonder if that was necessary or the doctor just added it because she's an annoying reporter.
My vote is because she's annoying as hell.... :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.