AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Saving your own content to your computer?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoy

Banhammered
Dec 29, 2014
As a webcam model, are you allowed to save photos and videos of your own shows to your computer?

Someone I know who is a cam girl said that the website you cam for does not allow you to do this so you can't sell them or give them away for free. Is this true?

Hoy said:
As a webcam model, are you allowed to save photos and videos of your own shows to your computer?

Someone I know who is a cam girl said that the website you cam for does not allow you to do this so you can't sell them or give them away for free. Is this true?

You can save your own stuff any time you want. Ive never heard of a site saying you can not do so. Lots of girls take screen shots of themselves or record their feed off their computer or have another cam set up to record them. I also dont know of a site that doesnt allow you to sell/freebie videos or pics of yourself. Where the heck does she cam?
It is entirely possible though if you asked her for freebie stuff she's trying to turn you down in a nice way by saying it's not allowed. So if thats the case dont ask for free stuff, buy it.

Teagan_Chase said:
Hoy said:

You can save your own stuff any time you want. Ive never heard of a site saying you can not do so. Lots of girls take screen shots of themselves or record their feed off their computer or have another cam set up to record them. I also dont know of a site that doesnt allow you to sell/freebie videos or pics of yourself. Where the heck does she cam?
It is entirely possible though if you asked her for freebie stuff she's trying to turn you down in a nice way by saying it's not allowed. So if thats the case dont ask for free stuff, buy it.

She also said that she was not allowed to post screenshot pictures of her shows anywhere online for the same reasons I stated in my first post.

I think that I have been misled quite severely.

Hoy said:
Teagan_Chase said:
Hoy said:

She also said that she was not allowed to post screenshot pictures of her shows anywhere online for the same reasons I stated in my first post.

Like I said if youre asking for freebies that may be why she said this in an effort to not just say no to you. Nothing wrong with that really on her part but dont ask for freebies. And plenty of girls dont wanna post screen shots of their shows online. Thats her perogative to do or not do. Also she may just be misinformed about the rules of her site or she may be on a site I dont happen to know with those rules. I asked where she works but you didnt answer... The fact you feel she personally misled you says a lot. Why would you care if she records herself and gives it away or doesnt post herself online for free anyway unless youre hoping to benefit from such things? Again I say dont ask for free stuff then and buy it instead.

Most sites ask that you do not post pictures/recordings from other camsites on THEIR site (you know, cause they're competitors), and they won't willingly give her recorded copies of her shows to sell. But Teagan's right. She should be able to record her show in another way and sell it herself.

However, there are a LOT of camsites out there. And she might be signed up with one that has some different rules. I would just tell her to re-read her model agreement so that she has a better understanding of what she is and isn't allowed to do.

Hoy said:
I will say this, though. The above quote makes it sound like she told you this and now you're getting angry/upset/frustrated because you think she lied to you. It doesn't matter if she lied or not, because that is her prerogative. If she DID lie, she might have done so because she doesn't want pictures and videos of herself out there. Many models don't. I just don't feel that you have any right to get upset about whether she might have lied to you about something so silly. Go watch her on cam and stop worrying about such trivial things.

Edit to add: Teagan, are we soul-sisters? Great minds think alike.

Have to read the Terms Of Service carefully on cam sites. Some put their logo on the streams & claim ownership of everything. Usually that is the case if the cam site sells access themselves to Videos On Demand of the shows on their site.

goldenaye666 said:
Have to read the Terms Of Service carefully on cam sites. Some put their logo on the streams & claim ownership of everything. Usually that is the case if the cam site sells access themselves to Videos On Demand of the shows on their site.

But when girls record their show they are doing it from the feed or from a separate camera even, not from the site so logo wouldnt be an issue really. Even a site like MFC claims ownership but has no issue with you recording and selling/giving away recorded shows. SM records and sells videos of the girls but doesnt mind girls selling/giving their own shows either. Like I said ive never heard of a site actually taking issue with you recording your own stuff which is why i asked where she worked in case the rules are different.

Hoy said:

Is the model's first language English? If not, please remember that a lot of the terms on sites are available in English only, and the model may have simply misunderstood, and would rather err on the side of caution rather than risk her means of supporting herself and her family.

She also said she was forbidden from giving me information about the site that she cammed on and discussing her's and other performers activities there.

The camgirl in question (the one I spoke to) is an intermediary between another woman who I know and am trying to find out where she cams. She said that she was very limited with the information she could give me and was bound by strict contractual rules.

Hoy said:
She also said she was forbidden from giving me information about the site that she cammed on and discussing her's and other performers activities there.

The camgirl in question (the one I spoke to) is an intermediary between another woman who I know and am trying to find out where she cams. She said that she was very limited with the information she could give me and was bound by strict contractual rules.

If she wants you to know where she cams, then it'll be easy to figure out via advertising. Sounds like you shouldn't be digging. It also sounds like it may be a studio situation (?) in which case they will have additional contracts besides the one of the camsite she's working on which very well may have these rules in it.

NataliaGrey said:
Hoy said:

If she wants you to know where she cams, then it'll be easy to figure out via advertising. Sounds like you shouldn't be digging. It also sounds like it may be a studio situation (?) in which case they will have additional contracts besides the one of the camsite she's working on which very well may have these rules in it.

What is a "studio situation?" please explain.

Wait, you're asking a cam model for information about a different model and where that second one works? Am I reading that right? If that's the case, you're putting them both in a very awkward and uneasy situation. Most models, as a professional courtesy, don't give out information on other performers. Why on earth are you so set on "trying to find out where she cams"? If she wanted you to know, she'd tell you. Quit digging.

If the model in question is working through a studio, and not directly with a camsite, those studios often have a secondary contract to prevent performers from selling copies of their live shows or content. So she might very well have been honest. Either way, let it go, man.

Okay, so we've gone from whether it's okay for models to save their streams to looking to find one model through another model. Does the model we're looking for have any information as to the whereabouts of a treasure map, by any chance?

Tell us the whole story and we'll decide whether or not we think we should help you. This unraveling mystery stuff is bullshit.

Sevrin said:
Okay, so we've gone from whether it's okay for models to save their streams to looking to find one model through another model. Does the model we're looking for have any information as to the whereabouts of a treasure map, by any chance?

Tell us the whole story and we'll decide whether or not we think we should help you. This unraveling mystery stuff is bullshit.

I have a crush on the cam girl in question and I know who she is (but not personally), and I was shocked and surprised to be told by one of her close friends (another cam model) that she actually does cam work. But it's possible that I was lied to because there are a lot of things that are contradictory and just don't add up in the story I was told.

Perhaps this friend of hers was just trying to misdirect me.

Hoy said:
Sevrin said:

I have a crush on the cam girl in question and I know who she is (but not personally), and I was shocked and surprised to be told by one of her close friends (another cam model) that she actually does cam work. But it's possible that I was lied to because there are a lot of things that are contradictory and just don't add up in the story I was told.

Or maybe she was trying to protect her friend. We do that a lot in this community. If someone's asking us questions about another model and it feels uncomfortable, most models won't give out the information. Pretty much the only people speaking for and protecting us are us, so it's important to be careful.

And, like others have said, if she works through a studio, they could very well actually have that rule. Most camsites don't, but studios often do.

SaffronBurke said:
Hoy said:
Sevrin said:

Or maybe she was trying to protect her friend. We do that a lot in this community. If someone's asking us questions about another model and it feels uncomfortable, most models won't give out the information. Pretty much the only people speaking for and protecting us are us, so it's important to be careful.

And, like others have said, if she works through a studio, they could very well actually have that rule. Most camsites don't, but studios often do.

I don't think it's a studio, she said that it is a pretty major camsite, and she isn't even allowed to give me any information beyond that. She cannot outright name the site she cams for.

You're creepin' me out dude...

What the hell are you up to?

So you have a crush on a girl whom you have never met, but have been pestering a friend of hers whom you have found on a cam site. I'd be really surprised at this point if the model you found had not warned your crush that someone's stalking her and looking for pictures or videos of her camming. I'll additionally guess that her intention of reciprocating your interest is about zero as a result, and that she may have started shopping for handguns or a really big, mean-looking dog.

Stop being a creepy stalker, yeah? No good can possibly come of it. She's not gonna think to herself "ooh, there's that creepy guy on the internet who's stalking me... well at least I don't have to worry about finding a date tonight! I'll just email this guy. He seems to really like me. What a romantic...". If she finds out you're stalking her like this, "best" case scenario: she's mildly annoyed and does whatever she can to make sure you never, ever find her online or in real life; worst case scenario: you scare the shit out of her, she no longer feels safe, she stops camming as a result and begins to suffer from anxiety as a direct result of your actions which makes it hard for her to work elsewhere. And then her dog jumps out a window and dies. All because of you!

QWqmr8l.gif

just stop being a creepy stalker plz.
If this girl you know but don't really know really wanted to know you, she would. Especially since her friend knows you want to know her so this means she knows that you want to know her but obviously doesn't want to know you. (and she probably thinks you are a little creepy by this point of the conversation.)

Hoy said:
SaffronBurke said:
Hoy said:
Sevrin said:

I don't think it's a studio, she said that it is a pretty major camsite, and she isn't even allowed to give me any information beyond that. She cannot outright name the site she cams for.

All of the major camsites have a plethora of studios that models use to work on them. Just because she's on a major camsite doesn't mean that she's not in a studio.

However, the real issue here is that you're coming across as really creepy. Camgirls have to constantly deal with guys who have an infatuation with us of some sort - anywhere from a "crush" to convincing themselves that the random dude and the model are in a relationship. Regardless of where on the scale you fall, if the model isn't feeling the same thing, it's highly annoying at the least, and freaking scary sometimes.

It seems like she doesn't want you finding her. Please stop trying, it can only end badly. Like Bob said, dead dog. No good.

A lot of what this person told me about cam modeling turned out to be false and contradictory.

I think that I'm being played.

Hoy said:
A lot of what this person told me about cam modeling turned out to be false and contradictory.

I think that I'm being played.

Dude how the fuck have you been played? Every thing that has been said has had more than one answer to it that could honestly be true. That doesnt even matter though. You arent answering any questions straight at all either so im done here.

You are a creepy ass person. Some girl you somehow know is camming and you wanna find out where. How about you respect her fucking CHOICE to not tell you and respect her friends choice not to tell you as well. Its none of your business. If she wanted you to know where she worked she would tell you herself or greenlight the other friend to tell you. Theyre being nice to you but damn you sound nuts here. STOP LOOKING FOR HER. Ill tell you right now she will not be happy if you find her and she knows it is you, and if you never tell her its you and you find and watch her you are a fucking asshole. Do you really not get that you are stalking someone who doesnt want you finding them at work ! Leave the poor girl alone Creepy McFuck !!

This "friend" of the possible cam girl I'm looking for went from being willfully helpful and cooperative, to being angry, sarcastic, and deceptive.

Furthermore, this interdemiary informant is a "sister" of the girl in question within the BDSM community. If anyone is familiar with BDSM terminology, please explain what a "sister" means, as I am not familiar with BDSM.

She couldn't answer very simple and basic questions I had about the potential cam girl in question and starting dodging me on some of them. Because of her agitated and dodgy answers to my questions, it leads me to believe that she might have been bullshitting me for whatever reason.

If you've watched enough police and detective shows on TV and are somewhat intimately familiar with interrogation as well as literary and psychoanalysis (and I have literally watched hundreds of them, both non-fiction documentary and television drama) you can tell by someone's responses if they are being deceptive, defensive, or misleading.

This person gave all of the ques of being agitated/deceptive/misleading/protective upon refusing to answer some of my very basic questions that she SURELY would know the answers to.

Of course it is much more difficult to "interrogate" someone through a text-based internet conversation than it is in person (using basic logic and literary analysis and trying to find contradictions by comparing the given information with actual facts and the statements of others).

It's not terribly difficult to tell that this person is (probably) hiding something and knows that they deliberately gave bogus information.

Hoy said:
If you've watched enough police and detective shows on TV and are somewhat intimately familiar with interrogation as well as literary and psychoanalysis (and I have literally watched hundreds of them, both non-fiction documentary and television drama) you can tell by someone's responses if they are being deceptive, defensive, or misleading.

This person gave all of the ques of being agitated/deceptive/misleading/protective upon refusing to answer some of my very basic questions that she SURELY would know the answers to.

Of course it is much more difficult to "interrogate" someone through a text-based internet conversation than it is in person (using basic logic and literary analysis and trying to find contradictions by comparing the given information with actual facts and the statements of others).

It's not terribly difficult to tell that this person is (probably) hiding something and knows that they deliberately gave bogus information.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Hoy said:
She couldn't answer very simple and basic questions I had about the potential cam girl in question and starting dodging me on some of them. Because of her agitated and dodgy answers to my questions, it leads me to believe that she might have been bullshitting me for whatever reason.
Because you're being a fucking asshole creep. Leave them both the fuck alone. I'm about to ban you from this forum for being a dense creepy motherfucker.

Go spend some time here instead of ACF.

Status
Not open for further replies.