AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SC new model tag

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilly_____

Cam Model
Jun 7, 2022
www.goddesslillylee.com
Twitter Username
@goddesslillylee
MFC Username
Lilly_____
Streamate Username
LillyLee
Chaturbate Username
Lilly_cutie
So I setup myself an account on SC a while ago and was waiting for this week to come to start broadcasting because I'd have more time and could make better use of the new model status. My plan was to splitcam with mfc and help my room on slow days.

I was expecting the same hype I had on my first days on mfc but it turns out that I made so little during my first two days that I don't think I'll stick to it since I feel like I'm giving a free show to guests while my mfc clients are the ones paying.

The problem seems to be that I had literally 3 non guest visitors during that whole period, who did tip, so it makes me wonder whether I'm actually showing up on the main page. I have my own country blocked so I can't be sure.

I had a similar day on mfc but it seemed to be a technical issue on my end because I had literally zero visitors and things went back to normal when I fixed it up, which is not the case.

So I guess my question is am I doing something too keep me from showing up? Is splitcamming affecting it somehow? Or is it just normal to be like that on SC even when you have a new model tag?

I'll try again today but if there's barely any traffic I don't really see the point since things are going well most days on mfc.

So I setup myself an account on SC a while ago and was waiting for this week to come to start broadcasting because I'd have more time and could make better use of the new model status. My plan was to splitcam with mfc and help my room on slow days.

I was expecting the same hype I had on my first days on mfc but it turns out that I made so little during my first two days that I don't think I'll stick to it since I feel like I'm giving a free show to guests while my mfc clients are the ones paying.

The problem seems to be that I had literally 3 non guest visitors during that whole period, who did tip, so it makes me wonder whether I'm actually showing up on the main page. I have my own country blocked so I can't be sure.

I had a similar day on mfc but it seemed to be a technical issue on my end because I had literally zero visitors and things went back to normal when I fixed it up, which is not the case.

So I guess my question is am I doing something too keep me from showing up? Is splitcamming affecting it somehow? Or is it just normal to be like that on SC even when you have a new model tag?

I'll try again today but if there's barely any traffic I don't really see the point since things are going well most days on mfc.
Obviously I have no idea what advantage there may be to the New tag on SC (not a model ;) ) but when I just go to the SC homepage I get thumbnails as below:

My Favorites
Recommended for You
Match Your Latest Picks
Top Free Live Sex Cams
Brunette Young 22+
Couples Live Sex Cams
Recommended New Girls

So my point is, that unless I go specifically searching for new models.. I have to scroll a LONG way to see them on the home page.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0
That's very useful information, thank you! I think the new model tag won't give me as much advantage as they advertise it would then. I wonder how you can thrive as a new model there though?

I don't mind waiting for results but the fact that only guests are watching what other people are tipping for on another site makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Upvote 0
That's very useful information, thank you! I think the new model tag won't give me as much advantage as they advertise it would then. I wonder how you can thrive as a new model there though?

I don't mind waiting for results but the fact that only guests are watching what other people are tipping for on another site makes me a bit uncomfortable.
Perhaps a lot of guys go looking for new models on a regular basis? The reality is that I rarely visit any rooms apart from my model friend's (I am pretty much "monogamous" :rofl: , so maybe I'm not "typical" )

Upvote 0
I'm mainly a CB user (but considering switching, as there is a lot that I like about SC's features, and support staff here) but the same issues seem to apply there.
Models with the 'new' status don't apparently get pushed higher on the main page, but they do get the 'New' icon on their thumbnail image.
You can choose to view all New models, but last time I checked that there was still 5+ pages to browse through.
Can't speak for SC, but on CB, models can promote their page by paying extra to be put in a page 1 spot. You have to really pick your timing carefully for this though, often it seems to make little difference to traffic.
Does SC use hashtags? A lot of CB models also seem to use the 'new' hashtag well beyond their first few weeks broadcasting, and I wonder if viewers tend to search more by that hashtag than 'new cam' status.......

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0

On Stripchat there's an option to manually switch on spy mode, meaning only members who pay to spy on the show can watch it. You can utilise it when things get more intense on MFC so freeloading guests on SC can't watch.

Upvote 0
@Lilly_____ you have already been given a lot of helpful information and advice above (this community is fantastic!)

But I'll join, too: if you want, email me at chloe@stripchat.com with a link to this thread. I'll check your profile, and maybe I can provide helpful information.

Reactions: Charlie_SC
Upvote 0

I think the new tag is quite useful, I realized once I finished it and I felt that I didn't take advantage of it enough, so much so that until a month ago every day I thought about creating a new account and taking advantage of the tag, in the end I gave up that idea and I kept my account

Anyway, all this to tell you to spend many hours and don't let that label go by because later you will regret it like me hahaha

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for all the useful advice!

On Stripchat there's an option to manually switch on spy mode, meaning only members who pay to spy on the show can watch it. You can utilise it when things get more intense on MFC so freeloading guests on SC can't watch.
This is golden, thank you! I'll definitely try that and even if no one spies they'll know I'm not doing things for free.

Can't speak for SC, but on CB, models can promote their page by paying extra to be put in a page 1 spot. You have to really pick your timing carefully for this though, often it seems to make little difference to traffic.
Does SC use hashtags? A lot of CB models also seem to use the 'new' hashtag well beyond their first few weeks broadcasting, and I wonder if viewers tend to search more by that hashtag than 'new cam' status.......
I don't know if I'd be willing to pay for a better spot but I'll look into that. And the hashtags might be really useful! I haven't thought about that. I did add tags to my profile but if I can use hashtags that'd be awesome.

@Lilly_____ you have already been given a lot of helpful information and advice above (this community is fantastic!)

But I'll join, too: if you want, email me at chloe@stripchat.com with a link to this thread. I'll check your profile, and maybe I can provide helpful information.
Thank you so much Chloe, I'll definitely send you an email!

I think the new tag is quite useful, I realized once I finished it and I felt that I didn't take advantage of it enough, so much so that until a month ago every day I thought about creating a new account and taking advantage of the tag, in the end I gave up that idea and I kept my account

Anyway, all this to tell you to spend many hours and don't let that label go by because later you will regret it like me hahaha
This is exactly what I'm afraid of! Maybe I'm not making the best use of it and I don't want to regret it.

Upvote 0
I don't know if I'd be willing to pay for a better spot but I'll look into that. And the hashtags might be really useful! I haven't thought about that. I did add tags to my profile but if I can use hashtags that'd be awesome.
Oh, I certainly wasn't recommending anyone pay for site promotion, and not even sure that you can do this on other sites.
In context, my friend recently tried promoting her new room 2 or 3 times on CB, and it seemed to make little or no difference to her traffic. But very hard to quantify, as soon as the promotional period (only 5 mins) began, she was 100% focussed on her show, and I was busy helping with encouragement and chat. I kept an eye on the viewer count and it stayed pretty steady, but didn't have a chance to look at her site position in real time. Reviewing show stats afterwards didn't show any real benefit, so IDK........

ETA: Had a look on SC after the initial response, seems they use searchable categories that you can nominate, like the equivalent of those hashtags on CB.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for all the feedback. Unfortunately I'm really discouraged to keep trying. I've been broadcasting there for a week and literally 2 to 3 people will visit the room in a whole 3h shift.

I've contacted support and the answer was a list of tips on how to do my job and how to use site features. I mean seriously? 🙄

I know we have slow days, we all do, yesterday I made 45tks on MFC, but I know I'll make 3000 another day and make up for it, so this is not me asking what to do with my room to make people to come or complaining etc.

I just feel disappointed on how the site advertised there would be a profile boost and I was even encouraged by support to wait for my week off to make better use of it when in reality it makes absolutely no difference. (I'm probably just venting as well.)

There is also the fact that I have blocked my country and hidden it from my profile, and not mentioned my native language anywhere on my profile. Still, the few visitors who do come seem to be Portuguese speakers. It makes me wonder if my information is really hidden. I wonder if they do like streamate and direct different traffic to you depending on your country which makes your earnings vary enormously depending on where you're at.

I guess I'll stop splitcamming for now and stick to MFC.

Upvote 0

This. It’s my first day on SC and I just couldn’t handle the type of users getting in my room. A few greys and non tippers. I got out of there as fast as I got in. I know I am in lower pages on CB but even that was better than first day of SC. I know know what the problem is to be honest

Upvote 0
This. It’s my first day on SC and I just couldn’t handle the type of users getting in my room. A few greys and non tippers. I got out of there as fast as I got in. I know I am in lower pages on CB but even that was better than first day of SC. I know know what the problem is to be honest
It truly made me give up on that site. I know that other models do well there so I tried a few times but it was really demotivating. I'm sorry it was the same for you. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.