AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scars and Camming.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2016
Hi! I have self-harm scars on my arms and shoulders that are white but visible! I have a few that are still purple and highly visible! How do I handle this on camera? Makeup won't help for the white ones and the purple ones are not covered up by foundation. Thanks!

Scars are often not as visible to others as they are to us. I always notice my breast reduction scars on cam, but I've never had anyone say anything about them, and I have even had people say they couldn't tell I've had anything done.

If people do ask, you can refuse to discuss it. You don't owe anyone an answer.

I have A LOT of scars from my wrist to my shoulder on my left arm that are very obvious. I don't mention them at all but I usually have someone ask once to a few times a week since I started camming. In 4 years I've heard a lot of commentary on it, So be prepared they WILL ask you and some guys will be super rude and pushy about it I.E:

"mmm I like psycho girls"
"You like blood?"
"why would you do that?!"
"your arm is gross"
"you're fucking sick" etc I've had people be concerned, disgusted, rude, wannabe therapists etc

Some guys are genuinely curious, if I'm in a good mood I'll be like "That was a long time ago...I'm doing great though so don't worry!" , move on and that usually shuts them up. For the most part, You don't owe anyone an answer. If they make you uncomfortable, ban them and change the subject ^_^ You are definately not alone in dealing with it and it took me awhile to get used to people's rude/intrusive questions. When I first started camming if anyone even mentioned it I would log off and cry >_> after awhile though, I'm pretty desensitized to what guys say about it.

i have scars predominantly on my left arm and my thighs, i usually cover them up with foundation in order not to bring attention to them or receive any unwanted questions about them. i've had people (not viewers, just people irl) question them intensely, try to make a spectacle out of them, lecture me on them, whatever. so far i haven't had viewers point them out, and once i went on cam without covering them and no one noticed. sometimes on cam they don't show up as much.

if someone points it out, i'd be quick to say i dont want to talk about it, or that it's passed and you'd like it to remain that way. remember though that you are not your scars no matter what anyone says! keep your chin up babe :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Booty_4U and Guy
Can you use laser treatment to get rid of those kind of scars?
i don't think so, honestly. i think self harm scars are incredibly difficult to get rid of, but i also think laser treatment is $$$$$$ and not ideal for most people.

sometimes, you just kinda have to own it. like. this is me, this is what i am.

**also extra tip, for purple toned scars, a yellow colour corrector under the foundation may help with the purple a bit. try that out**

Reactions: Booty_4U
i don't think so, honestly. i think self harm scars are incredibly difficult to get rid of, but i also think laser treatment is $$$$$$ and not ideal for most people.

sometimes, you just kinda have to own it. like. this is me, this is what i am.

**also extra tip, for purple toned scars, a yellow colour corrector under the foundation may help with the purple a bit. try that out**
I searched it on Google. It is possible to get rid of self harm scars through laser treatment, but it will cost over $1,000.

I searched it on Google. It is possible to get rid of self harm scars through laser treatment, but it will cost over $1,000.

Honestly though I used to want it years ago, but any sort of treatments on the skin could very well leave scars of their own.

i think it would be best for you to not try to hide because people are going to ask questions about it when they figure out that you got them. maby put in your Bio that you dont want questions about it, or tell people that ask about it that you dont feel comfortable talking about it?

as SaffronBurke said, you dont owe anyone a explanation.

Last edited:
Can you use laser treatment to get rid of those kind of scars?
Laser treatment for scarring is bomb as fuck. I've had multiple surgeries on my right knee and used to have a scar there that you could see for miles and it was tight, would crack when it got dry, and was generally annoying. It only took four treatments to make it barely noticeable. I would definitely suggest it for anyone who is insecure about their scarring! It can be pricey, but some insurances will cover at least some of it. Cortisone injections are also a great way to deal with deep, colorful, or keloid scarring and are quite a bit cheaper.

I don't understand how sharing that was inappropriate.
Well, we are in a thread about how to deal with self-harm scars on cam so there are going to be quite a few people who are/were self-harmers that could see your comment as triggering. Yes, this is a topic about self-harm but the discussion wasn't really moving towards the deep emotional and mental troubles behind it. I think what you're wanting to discuss would be either best in a spoiler with a trigger warning or posted in another thread where people understand that there could be triggering discussions. I'm sorry you felt the way you did and I'm glad you did not hurt yourself! I don't know if there is a thread here for support over self-harm and/or self-harm thoughts, but I'd be willing to start one if others wanted it.

At one point in my life, I did seriously consider cutting my self.
That was back when I was friendless and alone.
maybe not inapropiate but totally off topic and did not help or answer OP's question.
sorry you felt this way, but how about start a thread where people can share their experiences with self harm if you want to share storys about it?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Hi! I have self-harm scars on my arms and shoulders that are white but visible! I have a few that are still purple and highly visible! How do I handle this on camera? Makeup won't help for the white ones and the purple ones are not covered up by foundation. Thanks!
I have self harm scars on my legs and they're really big and no one has ever mentioned them.

I'm going to quote a great phrase that i love and use all the time. "what other people think is none of your business" don't give comments power and don't give in to the ego that says you have to suffer from those comments, with that being said. I think you have a couple options with regards to this issue. 1.) ignore all comments and questions about it. 2.) post a small note about it in your bio and ask that people respect that its a sensitive issue and its personal/private, and instaban will be in effect for anyone that brings it up. 3.) you could run with the "tormented, has issues" card (which i wouldn't recommend) i have seen some girls make money off of that type of persona. You really just gotta dig deep and think of how you want to tackle this problem. Maybe this is a way to own and empower yourself?

As far as covering them up, you have options, some are spendy, some not as spendy. Laser or tattooing would be the expensive end, you can also find movie grade makeup to cover them. I have seen angelina jolie cover her many tattoos for films and unless you know where she is tattooed you don't see them. If you want to lessen the purple coloring you can use yellow concealer and then foundation over the top. As for the white scars, you could experiment with using a long lasting eyebrow pencil and blend really well then use foundation over the top, set with powder of course. Opera length gloves is another option, they are elegant and will distract the eye from wandering and noticing other scars in the vicinity that would be noticable, plus you can accessorize them with outfits, long sleeve sheer tops would also make them less visible.

This is the video of zombie boy i was trying to think of when i was referring to tattoo cover up that i believe would cover scars. Dermablend is the makeup used in this vid. Also, Cheri who has vitiligo both are pro models now if i'm not mistaken.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I too have self harm scars all over my arms, shoulders, wrists, legs, and stomach. Luckily they've faded quite a bit and are mostly just white and raised, not too noticeable. But I also have stretchmarks from losing 110 lbs in a period of a handful of months, spider veins literally all over my body, saggy skin because of the weight loss, and psoriasis all over my stomach.

I get a lot of negative comments in PM's and especially on Streamate and I've logged off many days in tears. It's hard to boost your own self esteem, and people who say it's easy have maybe never had too much of a problem with their bodies or themselves. Personally I struggle daily to get on cam and not look at myself as gross, especially on bad days.

But the thing to remember is how many women are doing this job. Some of them might be missing limbs for all I know--that's statistics for you. What I mean to say is we all have a body. We all have different bodies. We all get tipped, we all do the work.

In the end, people are going to love you for the strength you have and the stories you can tell, and your scars will begin to fade to both you and your viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.