AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Search suggestion

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2015
Hi

I noticed that if I search a special category like American or by name it will show offline models as well. Is there anyway to include offline models for category searches such as blonde, body types etc.? There are models I would be very interested in but may only run across them by chance if we're both on at the same time.

Reactions: Ozzie_
@Omne35 @Ozzie_ Sounds interesting!

Did I understand correctly that you want to see more models available for sexting in this way and maybe add someone to your Favorites list beforehand?

Or could it be useful for something else?

Upvote 0
@Omne35 @Ozzie_ Sounds interesting!

Did I understand correctly that you want to see more models available for sexting in this way and maybe add someone to your Favorites list beforehand?

Or could it be useful for something else?
Well for me, it's not about offline sexting.

As an example, I just filtered for latina, athletic build and lovense toy.

It shows me 7 girls. They all look very nice, but maybe there is one who is *not* online at the moment who would really "ring my bells" but I do not know that because I cannot see her. I Cannot check her profile, because the search only shows online models. If it showed offline models as well, I could set the site to notify me when she is online.

Upvote 0

It shows me 7 girls. They all look very nice, but maybe there is one who is *not* online at the moment who would really "ring my bells" but I do not know that because I cannot see her. I Cannot check her profile, because the search only shows online models. If it showed offline models as well, I could set the site to notify me when she is online.

Thaks @Ozzie_
I get where you are coming from and it's a good point.
I'll be sure to bring this up with the relevant team.

Any other reasons from other users, please keep them coming.. I am very interested to hear your thoughts.

Upvote 0

This is much better for model discovery and to build a base when people search by tag and attribute. Users can find you when you are offline.

Reactions: Omne35
Upvote 0
I think if they do this it should only show models that have broadcasted in the last X days (like maybe 7?), know what I mean? You don't want to be flipping through a bunch of models that may never show up again.

Edit: or maybe just be able to sort results from last online date?

Awesome point!
Thanks @cbhours

Upvote 0
I think if they do this it should only show models that have broadcasted in the last X days (like maybe 7?), know what I mean? You don't want to be flipping through a bunch of models that may never show up again.

Edit: or maybe just be able to sort results from last online date?
CB does that in their search/filter. Theirs is limited to 3 days which isn't very helpful to a user or to a model. 7-31 days is probably more useful. It allows for finding a model that is taking a vacation or a short break.

Reactions: Omne35
Upvote 0
Nothing I can add, everyone covered it. I was also thinking of one month as a reasonable time.
Thanks for covering it Ozzie, you nailed exactly what I was thinking of.

Upvote 0
dance s reactions GIF

Upvote 0
:think::think::think:

Well, I can see how members can be keen to find "the one" and that they feel the need to have a search tool to find those performers who are offline, but I can also see the need for the performers to be able to punch out and end their day so they can go and recharge, sleep, do their own thing etc. Broadcasters need to be able to be "off the clock" for some time at least.

not sure its set this way or not but do models have an option of opting out of being discovered offline?

Yeah... I would also agree with this idea that models should be able to opt out of offline searches, should they wish to choose that option. An offline search tool is OK in principle, but a stalker style tool, that means a model is discoverable 24/7 ...maybe not so much.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0

Well, I can see how members can be keen to find "the one" and that they feel the need to have a search tool to find those performers who are offline, but I can also see the need for the performers to be able to punch out and end their day so they can go and recharge, sleep, do their own thing etc. Broadcasters need to be able to be "off the clock" for some time at least.

Yeah... I would also agree with this idea that models should be able to opt out of offline searches, should they wish to choose that option. An offline search tool is OK in principle, but a stalker style tool, that means a model is discoverable 24/7 ...maybe not so much.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I do not know about anyone else who contributed to this topic, but I only meant that we should be able to SEARCH for offline models (so we can set notifications for when they are online so we can visit and tip them), NOT contact them when they are offline. I do not see how that affects their (well deserved) down-time.

And it's hardly stalkerish.

Upvote 0
Okies, if you think about it this way.... the reason we may have missed certain models is that they are never on when we are on. So unless either the member or the model changes their routines they may never cross each others path. It's no real biggie as I see it.... I'm just not geared to look out for girls who wouldn't be on cam when I'm on the site and vice versa. I don't feel I'm missing out by not seeing them. No FOMO here.

I do know however that there are some members who can be cling monsters and many models who hold back on giving out a lot of their info to avoid the drama. I heard a few months back of a model who took a 2 week vacation with her hubby and when she was away was getting messaged every day by a guy who was acting like an abandoned puppy with separation anxiety. She was understandably not happy, so I was just looking at the issue from the other side of the fence.

Yeah, I can concede that maybe I should have said "annoying" rather than it appearing stalkerish... my bad.

Upvote 0
now thats a great idea. being able to favorite a model and being able to check a () notifiy if login or online option and possibly have favoirtes appear at the top.

Upvote 0
ahhh X) lol fair enough to be honest dont use the platforms, more her for the developer/lovense/networking assistance.. but it raises the question of why an offline search is necessary

Upvote 0

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I'm not sure I understand. All you would see is the photo and profile, the same as if you looked up someone offline by name or the offline American category. The only purpose would be to identify models you would like to visit when they were online again. I'm not sure how that would disturb their off time. I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything about SC. If I'm missing something let me know.

Upvote 0
Okies, if you think about it this way.... the reason we may have missed certain models is that they are never on when we are on. So unless either the member or the model changes their routines they may never cross each others path. It's no real biggie as I see it.... I'm just not geared to look out for girls who wouldn't be on cam when I'm on the site and vice versa. I don't feel I'm missing out by not seeing them. No FOMO here.

Or maybe, I just missed her because I was cruising other rooms, and normally we actually are online at the same time.
I do know however that there are some members who can be cling monsters and many models who hold back on giving out a lot of their info to avoid the drama. I heard a few months back of a model who took a 2 week vacation with her hubby and when she was away was getting messaged every day by a guy who was acting like an abandoned puppy with separation anxiety. She was understandably not happy, so I was just looking at the issue from the other side of the fence.
Again, I have *not* said anything about (the already easily available if the model chooses) ways to message models while they are offline. This is merely about searching for new models and "marking" their profiles to visit when they *are* online.

Upvote 0
Except, as I said in my post above, if I search on tags.. and the model is not online, she is not shown to me to allow me to favourite her for later viewing when she is online.
I know since I've been following the thread, but he basically described functionality that's already there. But your original suggestion is sound though. I didn't even know it was missing until I saw your post and tried!

now thats a great idea. being able to favorite a model and being able to check a () notifiy if login or online option and possibly have favoirtes appear at the top.

Upvote 0
Just so add, for the search suggestion:

Can online and offline results be separated when you search for a name?
Right now it displays with them ALL in some kind of order that is grouped in one "result", and it can be difficult to see which models are live right now because it doesn't have all of the models that are currently online at the top and then the offline ones below.

It would be nice if it has the results as (let's say I search for "Tara"):

- Right now with this way how it currently is, the first model with this name/word in her username that is LIVE right NOW is 13th in the results, the first 12 are all offline.
- What adds to that is the 2nd result is a model that has not been online for 5 months, so it's silly (in my opinion) that she is being displayed above a model who is live right now.
- And then finally with how it is right now, it's not easy to see those models who ARE live. All it has is a small green rectangle in the top left of the thumbnail which says "live", and it's quite small to see and this can easily be overlooked when you are scrolling down and scanning the page to find someone.

The best and simpler way to display it would be:

Models Online (#Results for "Tara"):​
Model A, Model B, Model C​
Offline Models (Results for "Tara"):​
Model D, Model E, Model F, Model G, etc​
And for the "Offline" ones, let it have it some way so that models that have not been active for XX months, will be displayed below those who HAVE been active in the last XX months.​

Upvote 0
Just so add, for the search suggestion:

Can online and offline results be separated when you search for a name?
Right now it displays with them ALL in some kind of order that is grouped in one "result", and it can be difficult to see which models are live right now because it doesn't have all of the models that are currently online at the top and then the offline ones below.

It would be nice if it has the results as (let's say I search for "Tara"):

- Right now with this way how it currently is, the first model with this name/word in her username that is LIVE right NOW is 13th in the results, the first 12 are all offline.
- What adds to that is the 2nd result is a model that has not been online for 5 months, so it's silly (in my opinion) that she is being displayed above a model who is live right now.
- And then finally with how it is right now, it's not easy to see those models who ARE live. All it has is a small green rectangle in the top left of the thumbnail which says "live", and it's quite small to see and this can easily be overlooked when you are scrolling down and scanning the page to find someone.

The best and simpler way to display it would be:

Models Online (#Results for "Tara"):​
Model A, Model B, Model C​
Offline Models (Results for "Tara"):​
Model D, Model E, Model F, Model G, etc​
And for the "Offline" ones, let it have it some way so that models that have not been active for XX months, will be displayed below those who HAVE been active in the last XX months.​
SM and LJ both give their results that way IIRC.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
well that was an interesting rabbit hole for me (i looked in a little deeper to how t site actually populates its display continers),
at first i throught that sm and lj (live jasmin and myfrecam?) were all built on top of the stripchat plantform
(as theres over 600 sites that are) i went back and for on that idea for quite while i poured over the code. while
there is a lot of matching code i reduced these to libraries that are publicly shared. im mostly comared live jasmine
to stripchat but i touched on one or two others as well, athey use almost the same key features in how the perform searches
and display results. Google tag manager then uses hotjar javascript library to store all these attributes as an array tied to the user.
so the first time this gets set is before you even load the page to the variablewindow.__PRELOADED_STATE__ and geographical sorting
takes place (so one stage of filters runs as you try to transition into the site, you get reidrected)
then about 5000 lines of server options (depending on which of the servers you got relocated too)
then you have your"modelFilter" variable which gets populated with your tags
at this point the server loads your other profile attributes
then you have your attrabutes that get tied to the models.
then the available models ("online") get filtered and brokend into groups.
model-tag
the models are then futher numerically devided based on their profile tags starting to build a unique modle id number
after a uniquem model number is assigned it begins
populating the container where you can view them
<some math againt the numbers we got
from here out of all the people online it randomly picks a 10% sampling and throws them
into contianers to view.
modles have a unique 7digit id
bebetween the sites stripsearch has many more fields of calulation and much higher complexit of populating the search list. about 4980 (live jasmin)
13000+ + for stripchat
couple of things that stood out to me
wasSearchAllResultsLoaded: false,
"is online": false, (putting false becuse thats what you were looking for was offline search)

But i mean i would be alot easier if you just did a google search mose models i know self permote on their social media so (complex) google search
(site:facebook* | site:twitter.*) (intext:cameraslayer82) (link:https://stripchat* | anchor:https://*stripchat* ) or https://stripchat.com/girls/fetishs?tag=[86,34,39]
ive added a json file with the variables mentioned in this post that way if anyone wants to make an extension that leverages chainging your "flags" they know which ones are important and what they're named.

Upvote 0
ive added a json file with the variables mentioned in this post that way if anyone wants to make an extension that leverages chainging your "flags" they know which ones are important and what they're named.
Probably useful for @cbhours, unless he's already figured out all this stuff and just sits there petting his white cat while reading your post 😇

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.