AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Selling Video links

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MadisonLeigh said:
I like that I can password protect them and see how many times they've been downloaded. But hey if you find a great free one, let me know because I'd love to stop spending $9 every month!

Not that I blame you on either front but the irony of liking a feature that stops people getting your stuff for free, but hating having to pay for it makes me giggle :lol:

Jupiter551 said:
Not that I blame you on either front but the irony of liking a feature that stops people getting your stuff for free, but hating having to pay for it makes me giggle :lol:

Haha I see your point, but there's a big difference between wanting to use something that's intended to be free, and ripping someone off. A lot of guys happily pay for videos, but if a model offered them a freebie, I doubt they'd say no!

Okay, so filesonic pissed me off. It lets me upload large files but people cannot download them without paying for a premium account! LAME!

So my search is back on. Considering paying for mediafire but I've noticed people using Dropbox and I'd like more info. What exactly are the limits? I don't want to run into the same problem there. Can you set passwords?

Help help help.

File hosting is such a headache. It's hard to keep videos under certain file sizes. :(

Dropbox puts a folder on your harddrive and puts it on the internet. Basically, it puts a section of your harddrive public. Which to me says "BACKDOOR!" I don't trust a hacker to not use that to gain access to the rest of my comptuer.

It held about 20-30 episodes of twilight zone...

Here's how it works:
1. you set it up
2. you set up a folder inside the dropbox folder to be public
3. you upload the files to the public folder
4. each file now has a link, you right click the file and it give you the link, you cp that link to whoever you want to send the file to
5. the person goes to the link and can view or download the file

The files are still on your computer, so the link is to the file on your computer, not some server elsewhere. The point of the program wasn't for filesharing with strangers. The point was for filesharing for someone with multiple computers. They install dropbox on every computer, log into their account on each computer, and voila! Any file in the dropbox is on all their computers at once. Change it on one computer, it is now changed on all the computers. However, there must be the harddrive space on all the computers for those files, it doesn't create any extra storage space.

I'd rather use a jump drive for internal file-sharing, and rapidshare for internet file-sharing.

Thanks, Luna. I realized it was meant more for projects and not for internet file sharing. I don't think that sounds very secure, either. >_<

I'm giving rapidshare a test run. I swear I tried it before and my uploads wouldn't finish. I have that problem with megaupload as well as a handful of others.

Asus has a webstorage option. You get a free 2 GB with a 500MB file size limit. You can create shareable links with passwords and create group sharing folders.

https://www.asuswebstorage.com

If you upgrade, you get unlimited storage and 1GB file size limits.

There is also a cloud music player that is included, but the features aren't that great.

UPDATE: Google Docs has been working great for me. The free limit is 1 gig of storage, no. For like five bucks year you get 20 gigs of storage. Its super easy to share via email and only the person with that email can download the file. Plus, videos can be watched right in the browser! Seriously, you should probably be using Google Docs. Thank me later.

I was looking for a way to easily backup pictures I take on my phone without having to mess with copying/pasting from the USB connection and came across http://www.sugarsync.com

You get 5GB for a free account, however, I'm not quite sure on maximum file size. You can upgrade to 30GB for $4.99mo or $49.99/yr (which I did).

I chose Sugar Sync for more than the picture backups. I have multiple computers that I now backup and synchronize and can now access my files anytime/anywhere from my phone if I'm away from a computer. I also recently you can create shared folders and share files, as well as track downloads. There is also version control so if you accidentally delete or write over a file, you can go back and retrieve a good copy.

You also collect referral storage space (250MB per signup). I realized recently you girls could probably use something like the shared folders and create fan club type galleries. You can sell memberships to folders as well as collect extra storage space for every member that signs up to access a shared folder (file shares dont require a user to create accounts). You can create rotating photo galleries or even video galleries if you want.

After purchasing some vids from a model, I have to say I think www.mediafire.com rocks. Maybe it's just cos she had a premium account? Not sure if she did or not...but it allowed concurrent downloading and none of that "you must wait 60 minutes to download a file" rubbish that RapidShit has.

Jupiter551 said:
After purchasing some vids from a model, I have to say I think http://www.mediafire.com rocks. Maybe it's just cos she had a premium account? Not sure if she did or not...but it allowed concurrent downloading and none of that "you must wait 60 minutes to download a file" rubbish that RapidShit has.

i'm pretty sure sugar sync and some of the other sites mentioned in this thread allow concurrent downloads. mediafire was one of the first I think and has gained popularity because of it.

the original thread started for alternatives of megaupload, having now actually looked at the terms of sugar sync, they can suspend/terminate your account if you items contain nudity, etc, but then again so do some other sites mentioned.

A model friend of mine uses www.wetransfer.com to send her videos. It's a sort of drop box type site. No registration or accounts. You just enter your email address and the email addresse(s) of the people you want to send stuff to, and then upload your files (total size has to be less than 2gb) The recipients get a download link in their email which is good for two weeks. After that the link expires. If you upload multiple files, they get downloaded as a .zip file. I have no idea what their policy on adult content is, but since you're not signing up for an account, there's nothing for them to shut down. You also get a confirmation email when the files have been downloaded. The links are unique to each email address so there's no way anyone could share them.

Hope this helps

Reactions: LailaBaise
I'm using dropbox , payed accound (9$/month if i remember correctly) and I'm more then happy with it !
I tryed some other hosting site .... but either they have a SMALL limit file size, either it has a slow speed when people download .... so dunno what to say .... the this is I have a movie that is 30mins Full HD ...so 4GB file size gave me a HUGE headache !! lol
Now I'm opened to try other sites ... but I now I am secure with dropbox ! Only had a problem w the link for about 3 days they didn't work ... I e-mailed them and they said I had huge download in a day .... over 25GB .... so IF I would change from dropbox I need :
-file size till 5GB
-download limit per day bigger then 25GB
-about 100 GB storage
-Plus fast download speed for members !
I could pay 20 $ a month ... or pay for a year!

I'd like to start selling videos soon. I don't want to give away downloads, but links to adult sites where you can watch the video. (That way it will be a little less likely to see it uploaded somewhere else.) It should have a password protection feature and the password should be changeable.

Does anyone if something like that exists?

Lily90x said:
I'd like to start selling videos soon. I don't want to give away downloads, but links to adult sites where you can watch the video. (That way it will be a little less likely to see it uploaded somewhere else.) It should have a password protection feature and the password should be changeable.

Does anyone if something like that exists?

If you change the password wont you have to give every single person who payed you to have access to the video the new password including any untrustworthy person who was sharing it in secret? Or are you just going to let them watch it for a day or week?

Yes, I would give the new password to the person I sold the video to.
The possibility that he would give the new password to another guy is still there, but I want to do what I can to keep the videos from getting to people who didn't pay for them.

Reactions: Shaun__
Sorry to dig this topic up...but a few of you mentioned uploading zip files. Can you help us non-techy girls out...how do we make our files zip files? TIA My 10min vid is currently taking over an hour to upload...that's nuts!

Jupiter551 said:
After purchasing some vids from a model, I have to say I think http://www.mediafire.com rocks. Maybe it's just cos she had a premium account? Not sure if she did or not...but it allowed concurrent downloading and none of that "you must wait 60 minutes to download a file" rubbish that RapidShit has.

I love MediaFire. :) I recently upgraded to premium on there so that I could upload larger files.

CuckyPrincess said:
Sorry to dig this topic up...but a few of you mentioned uploading zip files. Can you help us non-techy girls out...how do we make our files zip files? TIA My 10min vid is currently taking over an hour to upload...that's nuts!
you can use a few different programs to "ZIP" a file or multiple files together. Try either WinZip http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm or WinRAR http://www.win-rar.com/download.html both are relatively easy to use and there are a ton of people that can help if you have trouble with them.

LilyMarie said:
The possibility that he would give the new password to another guy is still there, but I want to do what I can to keep the videos from getting to people who didn't pay for them.

if you do megaupload you can just send it megavideo.com put a password and they can watch it that way. Although the links are inter changable so if you send them a megavideo site they could just change video to upload and download it

PlayfulDesire said:
if you do megaupload you can just send it megavideo.com put a password and they can watch it that way. Although the links are inter changable so if you send them a megavideo site they could just change video to upload and download it
Well I already said that I'm not going to give away any downloadable files :)

What do you guys think about xhamster.com? I'm pretty sure they let you password protect your videos.
Names of other streaming sites are still very much appreciated. :)

LilyMarie said:
PlayfulDesire said:

What do you guys think about xhamster.com? I'm pretty sure they let you password protect your videos.
But, I understand you don't want people downloading it (though stopping that is pretty much impossible anyway), but if you change the password everytime someone buys it, then it's pay-per-view?
Hell, if someone paid for it, got the link in email say, forgot about it and then remembered a week later chances are they could never see it at all.

LilyMarie said:

If it's on the internet, it's downloadable. If I stream a video, I just need to click the "save video" option on my browser and it's on my hard drive. No fancy plugins or annoyances. If you're setting it up for streaming, you would be the only person having more difficulty with the file. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent an asshole from uploading your files elsewhere.

Marokite said:
If it's on the internet, it's downloadable.

That's a mantra that should be engraved on every computer. Once you release something "into the wild," there are always ways to capture and save it. The best you can do is take a few common sense precautions to eliminate most of the potential poachers; the hard-core will still find a way. Just don't be naive or have a false sense of security. (Hell, there are still individuals and sites that honestly believe merely disabling right-click prevents others from saving their photos!)

Reactions: Missmisha
StanislavJ said:
Marokite said:

That's a mantra that should be engraved on every computer. Once you release something "into the wild," there are always ways to capture and save it. The best you can do is take a few common sense precautions to eliminate most of the potential poachers; the hard-core will still find a way. Just don't be naive or have a false sense of security. (Hell, there are still individuals and sites that honestly believe merely disabling right-click prevents others from saving their photos!)

Yeah or "If it's on your computer, and your computer is connected to the internet, it's probably downloadable by someone"

Jupiter551 said:
But, I understand you don't want people downloading it (though stopping that is pretty much impossible anyway), but if you change the password everytime someone buys it, then it's pay-per-view?
Hell, if someone paid for it, got the link in email say, forgot about it and then remembered a week later chances are they could never see it at all.
I answered this some time ago, I'll just quote it....
Shaun__ said:
If you change the password wont you have to give every single person who payed you to have access to the video the new password including any untrustworthy person who was sharing it in secret? Or are you just going to let them watch it for a day or week?
LilyMarie said:
I know this is more complicated than what other models do, but of course I'll make sure to inform the members of the fact that the password might change. I'll do that before anyone buys a video, so they can decide if they're willing to go through the trouble of a changing password (which will be sent to them as soon as it changes). :)

StanislavJ said:
Marokite said:

Yes, yes, I know all of this ;) But I'm sure you agree that for the average Internet user, it's easier to upload an already existing FILE from their computer to a site, than to capture something from a stream and then upload it somewhere else.
I know there are many people who are able to capture videos from streamsites, but like I already said, I just want to do the best I can to make sure as few people as possible get to see the vid if they haven't paid for it. By choosing to upload videos on a stream site instead of giving away downloads, I'm taking the precautions that StanislavJ mentioned, I believe. (If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.)

LilyMarie said:
Jupiter551 said:
I answered this some time ago, I'll just quote it....
Shaun__ said:
LilyMarie said:
I know this is more complicated than what other models do, but of course I'll make sure to inform the members of the fact that the password might change. I'll do that before anyone buys a video, so they can decide if they're willing to go through the trouble of a changing password (which will be sent to them as soon as it changes). :)
Ok fair enough, I wasn't sure if you responded to Shaun_ that yes you would give the new password to ALL previous buyers, or just to the new person :thumbleft:

Reactions: LilyMarie
Status
Not open for further replies.