AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Serious member advice to models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even gonna get out the dissection kit but simply say Maniac, this is your list and what you like... Don't even begin to presume it fits everyone else. :twocents-02cents:

Maniac said:
mynameisbob84 said:
If there's one thing I've observed during my time here on ACF, it's that cam girls don't like to be told how to do their job. Baffling, I know. "But... I LOVE it when people I don't know tell what I should be doing in order to be successful in my chosen career" I hear you say. I do too! I love it when a customer tells me exactly how I should be bagging their CDs or tells me what albums I should be recommending people to buy. Similarly, I know that when I go into McDonalds and tell the cashier to be a bit more smiley... badabababaa they're luuuuurvin it ( :dance: ) But these cam girls... they're not like other folk. For whatever reason, they don't enjoy being told how to go about their job by us members. Strange but true, yo.

:?

This sums up the advice thing well.
Members are seen as customers, missing the fact that we are active participants in our own choices/ product.

I wouldn't read too much into me being flippant, sir. I assure you there's nothing profound to be found in my ramblings. (*jots down "nothing profound to be found" in notepad under header: IDEAS FOR RAP VERSES* :?)

SoTxBob said:
I'm not even gonna get out the dissection kit but simply say Maniac, this is your list and what you like... Don't even begin to presume it fits everyone else. :twocents-02cents:

There is nothing personal in it relating to me at all. It was deliberately written to include all personal options out there, it was advice cut and pasted so excludes variations from chasing pvt in the list.
The comments above on the list being obvious is definitely the most valid. Applying the obvious is the challenge, that takes time and practice.

Maniac said:
mynameisbob84 said:
If there's one thing I've observed during my time here on ACF, it's that cam girls don't like to be told how to do their job. Baffling, I know. "But... I LOVE it when people I don't know tell what I should be doing in order to be successful in my chosen career" I hear you say. I do too! I love it when a customer tells me exactly how I should be bagging their CDs or tells me what albums I should be recommending people to buy. Similarly, I know that when I go into McDonalds and tell the cashier to be a bit more smiley... badabababaa they're luuuuurvin it ( :dance: ) But these cam girls... they're not like other folk. For whatever reason, they don't enjoy being told how to go about their job by us members. Strange but true, yo.

Members are seen as customers, missing the fact that we are active participants in our own choices/ product.

Your list makes members sound like customers with a checklist of things required to get a dolla for a holla.

NoelleBright said:
So...you write a post detailing all the things models should do to please members, and then when these very members disagree with what you have to say, you argue your point?
How does this even make sense?

That is the most succinct and best response so far :)

AmberCutie said:
Maniac said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Your list makes members sound like customers with a checklist of things required to get a dolla for a holla.

1. Take Control. If you have trouble best to temporarily ban rather than to ignore the trouble maker. Be polite but assertive, leading your room.
2. You must try to acknowledge all your rooms. Be poilte to all you can
3. Pvt leads to pvt, it's like advertising. (called this rule 1 sometimes too )
4. Look your best always, after that relax....be confident.
5. All who stay in your room like you in some way...otherwise they would be elsewhere.
6. Always chat leading to pvt (or to goals).
7. Keep pms to a minimum.
8. All your users have a pvt fantasy, when they trust that you can share that, they want pvt.
9. For a pvt start quickly unless otherwise directed.
10. Communication is critical at all times here.
11. Always keep the pvt or group experience flowing, make your best guess what is wanted if you are unsure.
12. Saying no is ok. Decide quickly.
13. Tease to the fantasy (8), never take it too far.
14. Try to have fun, most enjoy watching what you like doing most.
15. Flirt, hair and body touching are critical to being taken. Relaxing and enjoying your guys is the most natural way.
16. Be creative, experiment a bit.

Just a reminder on the list.... I don't see anything in it that, that should offend. Not an easy guideline, but enough to create increasing success.

Here's my list:

1. Find out what you're comfortable with first, and stick to that for the most part.
2. Only venture out of your comfort zone on YOUR terms, no one else's.
3. Once you do something once, the members will expect it all the time.
4. Members will resist you changing anything.
5. Don't let 3 and 4 make you feel trapped- try new things if you want.
6. Be ready to change your plan in the middle of the show if it's not working. Backup plans are a good idea.
7. If you have trouble making conversation, either dance, or keep a list of conversation topics on hand.
8. Don't get too attached to the members, and don't let them get too attached to you.
9. HAVE FUN, and encourage the members to have fun. What having fun means is your call.
10. Play the music you like, whatever makes you smile or fits your mood for the night.
11. Trying to be someone other than yourself all the time is draining. It's best to be yourself for the most part, and experiment with other aspects as special nights.
12. Advertising yourself is always good.
13. Don't lead members on, or run scams. Sure, you might get good money today, but tomorrow there will be headaches, bad reputation, and no one left.
14. Remember that the members are people, with varied tastes and opinions. Don't take anything personally. If that member doesn't like your addiction to polka, another member will love it.

EDIT: forgot the most important one. Never ever forget to get your payment before doing the request (if you expect payment, that is)!

Let me sum it up better for you.

Serious (and general) advice to models:

1. Have fun
2. Try your best to have good quality light/sound/cam feed
3. Be personable, but keep a good "business sense" in mind in order to not cross personal boundaries
4. Treat the people in your room the way you'd want to be treated if you were in their shoes
5. Know your own boundaries, and casually and politely explain them if someone tries to cross them
6. Respect the fact that when a member tips, takes you private, or participates in a group/game/raffle, they are spending their own paychecks on you as well as enjoying your company. Being polite and friendly and saying thank you is encouraged.
7. If someone is treating you badly, ban them either temporarily or permanently, or put them on Ignore and move on as quickly as possible.

No re-read your advice list, and tell me that yours doesn't sound like "treat your members like customers and constantly be seducing their wallets out of their pockets."

Maniac said:
Just a reminder on the list.... I don't see anything in it that, that should offend. Not an easy guideline, but enough to create increasing success.

The simple fact that you have the arrogance to present this to the girls in this fashion is more than enough to offend. If you cant tell that from the responses from them, perhaps you need to reevaluate....

Maniac,

I don't know if you have a place of employment, because anyone with a job should know better than to tell someone else how to do their's. Especially if it's a job they have NEVER done before.

You sound like the kind of guy who comes into our rooms claiming that if we took off our shirts, we'd make more money. Or if we flashed our pussy, the tips would come in. We know what we are doing and you do not, so please keep your tips to yourself because their is an extensive 'Models Only' section where many very nice, successful ladies have shared their own tips.

You have no experience with being on the end of the screen, you only know what YOU personally like and are expecting every single model to cater to you.

Please stop trying to "help". You are hurting new models who haven't had a chance to get approved into the 'Models Only' section yet.

BluexDakota said:
We know what we are doing and you do not, so please keep your tips to yourself because their is an extensive 'Models Only' section where many very nice, successful ladies have shared their own tips.
In all fairness, some girls actually DON'T know what they're doing, but his advice is doing more harm than good if this is the case. I do agree and believe that new models should take most of their advice from other veteran models on the site they are starting on. While I do advise girls go on the site as a member and see how things operate on the other side, I would suggest new models avoid reading much into all the private messages, MFC mails and emails from members of the site with "advice" on how to make more money. I'd bet 98% of the time it's bad, mis-informed advice, and/or the member just trying to get more for less.

Loslonelyboy said:
I have a feeling we are going to see unicorns in the near future! :lol:

I want to see some barfing gnome too, this shit is magical!

:twocents-02cents: I read a model tweet complaining about how she got scammed by a premium the other day - the old "I tipped you the other day." or "I tipped you off line." followed by "Where is my video/set/whatever?." routine - so my only advice is to, if you are sending your links using your email/DM, send a MFC mail too and, when you see yourself in doubt, ask for a printscreen of the tip.
Not the most "friendly" way to deal with somebody that is waiting for your content/product but, at least, you are not getting scammed./ :twocents-02cents:

AmberCutie said:
BluexDakota said:
We know what we are doing and you do not, so please keep your tips to yourself because their is an extensive 'Models Only' section where many very nice, successful ladies have shared their own tips.
In all fairness, some girls actually DON'T know what they're doing, but his advice is doing more harm than good if this is the case. I do agree and believe that new models should take most of their advice from other veteran models on the site they are starting on. While I do advise girls go on the site as a member and see how things operate on the other side, I would suggest new models avoid reading much into all the private messages, MFC mails and emails from members of the site with "advice" on how to make more money. I'd bet 98% of the time it's bad, mis-informed advice, and/or the member just trying to get more for less.

Oh yeah, that's what I was really meaning to say, it came out a bit all-inclusive. I mean that those of us who have been in the Models Only section typically have more good information available to read than taking advice from a member who doesn't know what he is talking about. :)

Reactions: AmberCutie
I'd like to add another piece of model to model advice.

Keep in mind how much money members are spending on you rather than the percentage of it that you receive. It blows my mind and is quite flattering to think about how much money these men spend on us. I feel that when I'm doing a show with the mind set of "thanking" them for their generosity, they have a much better experience, the kind that they deserve.

The same can be said for members. Try to keep in mind how much the model is making. Please don't expect to see her shit glitter for your 10 tokens.

Kristin Paige said:
I'd like to add another piece of model to model advice.

Keep in mind how much money members are spending on you rather than the percentage of it that you receive. It blows my mind and is quite flattering to think about how much money these men spend on us. I feel that when I'm doing a show with the mind set of "thanking" them for their generosity, they have a much better experience, the kind that they deserve.

So true, I think about this all the time. It's absolutely crazy and flattering knowing how much money they will spend on you out of their pocket, regardless of how much cut of it you actually get.

Kristin Paige said:
. Please don't expect to see her shit glitter for your 10 tokens.

:think: :think: I'm guessing this a reference to Unicorn terminology ... :mrgreen:

Reactions: KristinKervz
Maniac said:

I think away from that this is a sensitive subject anyway, I'm going to be a massive woman and say "It's not what you said it's the way you said it".

One of the things with writing I've learned is that you can smooth things over in ways that can't offend, I think this is very important with forum posting as things can be taken very to heart! For example, on the list rather than going around it saying "I like a model who takes control" you say "take control" which sounds kind of like an order. Any woman hearing an order won't be amused, and especially not cam models who hear them 24/7.

Sentence beginnings such as: 'I like...', 'in my opinion...', 'I have seen..." etc are all openings that really people can't argue with and get that offended by, because you're just stating how you feel, not telling people how they feel, which you get from sentence openings like "take...", "you must...", "Look...", "Always...", "Keep...", "Be...". These are more demanding, and sounds like what you're saying is cold hard fact.

I appreciate that you're trying to help us, I do, but personally I would have pussyfooted a bit around the point and made sure that the post made a clear point of it being opinionated, therefore we can disagree, but not argue. Another thing I would have done when I read some of the comments is gone "You know what guys, I just read it through, it does sound a bit "know it all"ish, that totally wasn't my intention, sorry, it is all just from what I've seen and I wanted to help" There we go, you come off looking good, everyone forgives, says "yeah it did sound a bit off, but thanks for the thought" and then maybe everyone will start contributing to the post in the way you want it to. I think it's commendable being able to accept you've made a mistake, everyone does! Things can so easily be taken the wrong way!

Do you see what I mean?

Reading through Maniac's advice offended me, not because his advice was geared towards models, but because he makes it seems like members are predictable. They're not.

I've been on MFC for almost a year and you'd be surprised how very random people are and the random things people have tipped me for. I've been tipped 1000 tokens for sitting around and playing Minecraft. Minecraft is, like, the least sexy game ever.

nancy_raygun said:
Reading through Maniac's advice offended me, not because his advice was geared towards models, but because he makes it seems like members are predictable. They're not.

I've been on MFC for almost a year and you'd be surprised how very random people are and the random things people have tipped me for. I've been tipped 1000 tokens for sitting around and playing Minecraft. Minecraft is, like, the least sexy game ever.

I once tipped a model to keep working on a website she was tweaking, and another time to finish the dishes she was doing. I do not really know why I tipped for either, but sometimes the simple things in life are nice and comforting. Also like I always tell my favorite model, there is more to sex than just sex.

Isabella_deL said:
The problem is even knowing that you lovely ladies often aren't looking for ways to fix their problems from us dumbass men simply someone to listen and make sympathetic noises etc, we (meaning I as obviously I can only speak for myself) can't help it, men have an urge to fix things. So when we offer unwanted or obvious advice it is probably well intentioned if not of any use.

This is exactly it! Well done! you've cracked the code! :D Women think a lot, so if there's a sucky situation and we're telling someone about it, unless we specifically ask for advice, all we want from people is "That really sucks" If there's say another woman in the same situation who offers some tactful advice then we may take it on board, and it may help but yeah, unless we're asking a man for their opinion, generally it's best to keep quiet lol.

I get it with camming a lot, I say, "god it's quiet tonight," and people start coming up with helpful suggestions of why it's quiet "Maybe they don't have money" "It's always quite on mondays" "It's always quiet on tuesdays" etc "it's beginning of the month" "it's mid month" "it's end of the month" Yeah.... cheers.... really what I want you to do is either tip me or be sympathetic about how awful it is and try and make me feel better. Offering possible explanations to why the night is shit doesn't really help anyone. "Maybe guys, there was a giant spacecraft that came down from space and stole all the tokens!!!!" Maybe, Maybe!

You get that a lot with camming because in general we as guys think when you say something you want us to fix it or explain, basically we do this because we are mostly retarded. On the whole a lot of us that have to resort to cam sites to get a girls attention are extra retarded. If you are offended by my use of the word retarded I apologize but I can't help myself because well.....i'm kind of retarded.

Wow always fasciniates me when people scan and comment with out thinking first or reading properly.

As you can see by my corrections, understanding any advice must be well clarified, hence the reason for this topic. Thankyou for proving my earlier point. The bottom line is that the only person who can, and should make decisions about what is good for herself and her room, IS THE MODEL. Hopefully she makes choices that best serve her success, all suppotive members want that for our favourites in the end.

images
I...sense something. I presence I haven't felt in...nearly two weeks.

file.php
Horny?! Is that you? C'mon, sparky! Fess up!

Regardless if it is, or not, we've all seen the results of when a member suggests how "they think" a model should run her room. They've all pretty much ended with the same results. As in...not pretty!

While it may sound like a good idea, and your heart might be in the right place...I liken it to someone who enjoys masturbating with a cheese grater. It seems like a good a idea, at first...it's slightly amusing...but very painful!!

I noticed that some of the guys who try to tell models how to do their jobs are the same ones who don't tip...lol. "You should do a shower show.....you should do a show with _____ (insert another model's name).....you should look up _____ on YouTube and dance to it, cuz it's my favorite song, bb." LOL.

I'm not saying that Maniac does this, but I sure have seen quite a few non-tippers telling models in their public chat that they "need to"..."have to"...or "should" do this and that. :woops:

mynameisbob84 said:
Meoff_69 said:
Horny?! Is that you? C'mon, sparky! Fess up!

:eek:

Must... resist... urge... to... treat... this... like... a... second... act... revelation... in... a... noir... movie... :?

Relax ....Breathe deep.. find the keyboard... draw from within ....think noir.... now let it flow like a spring thaw river... :-D

Reactions: Meoff_69
Haha I let basics and guests chat the other day and this guy kept saying "Do a shower show" "Do a shower show" "Do a shower show now!" Firstly, why do they assume I even have a shower? some people just have baths! and yeah.... I'm totally going to change rooms, set my bathroom up for camming and get in the shower right now, totally for free, just because you said so!

Someone who had never tipped me before but who I talked to/came into my room once commented on a public show I did which was riding a toy with the cam looking behind, thinking he was being totally helpful about how you couldn't see as much because of the position, and also complained that because the soles of my feet are darker they must be dirty and how because they were showing it was a total turn off. Why thank you for sharing your complaints on the show you got to watch totally for free, no I had not been walking around barefoot, that's just how they are, sorry that the from behind position you didn't get to see as much pussy as you'd like. In life and in camming personal comments should be kept to a minimum, you shouldn't tell someone you're trying to chat up/talk to she/he should lose some weight, get better at chatting you up, wear more/less make up, have a lower/less low cut top on, work out more etc. They will never be well received.

cptn_jack said:
...and this this post wast started in the thread Ask-a-Model! I must have missed the question guess I didn't read close enough silly me!

In no partucular order, below is some of the advice I have sent to models over the years. Suggest other members add to it, and models here critically tear this advice apart to find what is useful/ practical to their situations. Reason: Ask model is closest to post to model for us.

LadyLuna said:
Here's my list:

1. Find out what you're comfortable with first, and stick to that for the most part.
2. Only venture out of your comfort zone on YOUR terms, no one else's.
3. Once you do something once, the members will expect it all the time.
4. Members will resist you changing anything.
5. Don't let 3 and 4 make you feel trapped- try new things if you want.
6. Be ready to change your plan in the middle of the show if it's not working. Backup plans are a good idea.
7. If you have trouble making conversation, either dance, or keep a list of conversation topics on hand.
8. Don't get too attached to the members, and don't let them get too attached to you.
9. HAVE FUN, and encourage the members to have fun. What having fun means is your call.
10. Play the music you like, whatever makes you smile or fits your mood for the night.
11. Trying to be someone other than yourself all the time is draining. It's best to be yourself for the most part, and experiment with other aspects as special nights.
12. Advertising yourself is always good.
13. Don't lead members on, or run scams. Sure, you might get good money today, but tomorrow there will be headaches, bad reputation, and no one left.
14. Remember that the members are people, with varied tastes and opinions. Don't take anything personally. If that member doesn't like your addiction to polka, another member will love it.

EDIT: forgot the most important one. Never ever forget to get your payment before doing the request (if you expect payment, that is)!
Ladyluna's list was ok. Looking at it critically, 1 to 4, 11 and 13 were about avoiding traps. 6, 7 and 12 were about being prepared. 8, 9, 10, and 14 are about protecting yourself emotionally.

AmberCutie said:
Let me sum it up better for you.

Serious (and general) advice to models:

1. Have fun
2. Try your best to have good quality light/sound/cam feed
3. Be personable, but keep a good "business sense" in mind in order to not cross personal boundaries
4. Treat the people in your room the way you'd want to be treated if you were in their shoes
5. Know your own boundaries, and casually and politely explain them if someone tries to cross them
6. Respect the fact that when a member tips, takes you private, or participates in a group/game/raffle, they are spending their own paychecks on you as well as enjoying your company. Being polite and friendly and saying thank you is encouraged.
7. If someone is treating you badly, ban them either temporarily or permanently, or put them on Ignore and move on as quickly as possible.

No re-read your advice list, and tell me that yours doesn't sound like "treat your members like customers and constantly be seducing their wallets out of their pockets."
Assessing AmberC.'s list it is more common sense, 5 is saying that choosing no is ok and to decide quickly. 2 is about looking your best on cam. 3, 4 and 6 are about aknowledgement and respecting your members. 7 and the 'business sense' part of 2 is about keeping control, being both polite and assertive. In my experiences most models independent of rating do this well.

Both of these lists miss any insight as to why we spend on a model at all. Some psychologists claim it is to shame a model take control of her in some way. I think this is way too harsh on both models and members, they focus on the worst of both of us. For a long time I have experienced this spending as more like realising a fantasy. This fantasy changes for different people and as I have changed. From self exploration you begin to see it in other members, sharing the same behaviours and responses to certain situations.
Members are predictable in that they tell their model what they are dreaming of with each visit. This is where choosing an ethical model is important for us (point 4 in Amber's list).
A model who we can trust with our fantasies of them is the right one for us. This fantasy may be friendship, company, humour, sex, sharing something normal (food), beauty appreciation and so on. My list is about being aware of that, and discovering what you can share with those interested (all visitting you are interested in this sense). Exploiting or faking that is unwise (experienced members see straight through it anyway, they wont go pvt). Most models who communicate well, need only follow their instinct, trust it, and be open to sharing something of themselves. Safely of course
My list only suggests keeping distance in terms of allowing all to enjoy a room. Members are always tempted to hold attention.

I wont comment further, hope this gives some idea of what I wanted to contribute. Ideally I was hoping for many member lists with models collecting only what is universal for themselves, repost in model section anything good. Seems there is nothing so far.

btw Was both hilarious and insightful some of the earlier posts. Thx all for getting so fired up, perhaps should start topic on serious model advice to members (in pvt perhaps), or only member advice to members :whistle: :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.