AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sharing your Netflix PW=Federal Crime

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbieLuv

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 28, 2013
...Well, not just yet, anyway. But it could happen in the U.S. in the next few years, if Obama's new proposal ends up going into effect: Essentially, everything from sharing your HBO Go subscription PW to checking your personal e-mail at work to using a 'hacking' program to test your network's security to re-tweeting or clicking certain links to breaking (even unintentially) the TOS of a website would be considered a felony and be punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison.

Thoughts on this proposal/how it would affect our online lives?

GemmaMoore said:
...Well, not just yet, anyway. But it could happen in the U.S. in the next few years, if Obama's new proposal ends up going into effect: Essentially, everything from sharing your HBO Go subscription PW to checking your personal e-mail at work to using a 'hacking' program to test your network's security to re-tweeting or clicking certain links to breaking (even unintentially) the TOS of a website would be considered a felony and be punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison.

Doesn't surprise me. He's already the worst president we've ever had. Why not finish the job before he's finally ousted.

Reactions: BarbieLuv
GemmaMoore said:

It does sound scary as described. Hopefully there would be comments accepted from the public or at least input from people in relevant professions accepted before it becomes a bill. Then, at the very least, they could tighten up the wording so that it does a better job of distinguishing between malicious stuff and trivial things that technically fall into the same category as it is currently worded. While it's true that government often makes laws and regulations without fully understanding the implications, I still think it's probable that cybersecurity experts will be heard from on this.

This stuff is always really scary when it gets proposed but it's unlikely to happen. I feel like our government keeps forgetting that the Internet exists outside of our country's borders and it's just not really policeable like that. As soon as something like that were to go into effect the Internet would explode with ways to work around whatever system was put in place (if there even was any) to keep track of people's many offenses. Or we would become a country of 12 year old felons.

Every time there's some proposed legislature that tries to police the Internet like this it gets smacked down really fast. Money is what makes the Internet go round and something like this would only get in the way of money. Our government likes money. They'll remember that just in time :)

it wouldnt really effect my life too much. but my problem is how will they be able to prove that you werent the one using your netflix account? i mean most of my family have the capability to use netflix but they dont so if i put my password in somewhere else how can they prove im not the one using it? and at home sometimes ill have it on multiple things just so i dont have to miss my show if i walk in the other room. they are probably trying to update the FBI warning u used to see on DVD's and VHS tapes but its another law thats almost not enforceable

I have a Netflix account, and my sister has a Hulu account. We've both logged into our accounts on each other's devices, as well as our other sister's, because, well, we're in the same house half the time, it doesn't make sense for all of us to have individual accounts. We are so, so evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.