AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LizzieJolie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 6, 2016
Ontario, Canada
www.lizziejolie2016.wix.com
Twitter Username
@LizzieJolie
Tumblr Username
LizzieJolie
MFC Username
LizzieJolie
Chaturbate Username
LizzieJolie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/603038/LizzieJolie/
Hey there,
This is my first thread - and I have read and searched - and I have not found what I'm looking for.
TO NOTE: Shipping from Canada - TO CANADA/USA/INTERNATIONAL

I will be using ManyVids.com to sell my items (

WEIGHT 1:
Bras, panties, socks, hosiery, ties, etc
WEIGHT 2:
Ballet Flats, Riding Boots, Business Casual Tops & Skirts
WEIGHT 3:
Summer dresses & a FORMAL dress (floor length)

WEIGHT/PRICING QUESTIONS:
  • For each category how much would you say the MAX weight of the item could be?
  • For each category how much would you charge for US/CAN shipping & INTERNATIONAL shipping?
  • Does that shipping cost you input (onto MANYVIDS when you "Create An Item") include DUTY & TAXES?
  • Which of the WEIGHT CATEGORIES will need a customs form?
  • ManyVids takes 40% of the total price of the item sold AFTER it is sold ... Do you ADD this LOST 40% onto an item?

PACKAGING:
  • Do you prefer/use POLY MAILERS or BOXES for WEIGHT CATEGORY 1-3
  • Do you track/get a signature/insure etc etc your packages? IF SO - which WEIGHT CATEGORY would you apply the following add-ons to?
  • CAN YOU SUCCESSFULLY ship without LEGAL NAME or RETURN address on a package?

LOCATIONS:
Anyone have issues shipping to places? Avoiding others? yada yada

TIPS:
I have NEVER MAILED ANYTHING before - birthday cards is it. Please give me your two cents - or tell me threads where this has been talked about and give me a time out for not knowing how to find that!
UPS or something like that has been rumoured to mail you FREE boxes? is this so?! How does one get those?

IMG_20160515_202339.jpgIMG_20160515_204941.jpg IMG_20160515_195457.jpgIMG_20160515_195726.jpg

Thanks for your help :D
ZIE

Last edited:
Many shipping services offer free shipping packages. Generally you will need to have a shipping account with them which is not difficult to get. Alternatively you can go to their closest facility and just ask for some boxes and they will give them to you. If you have to ask at a counter expect to only get a few boxes. If they set them outside the counter then you can take a reasonable amount without being questioned. If you did decide to be a little greedy the excuse of "I have a shipping account but was told my next delivery of boxes wont be for in for at least 3 more days. I just need enough to get by." They generally only put out boxes for their more expensive services like air freight. For the less expensive services you have to pay for your packaging. In your case I think the Tyvek mailer will be enough. It's polyethylene fiber that looks and feels like wax paper. Deceptively it is very durable and much tougher than you would think. Many shipping companies are moving to it as a low cost shipping solution. Look for the word Tyvek printed somewhere on the packaging.

In your case I do not recommend shipping anything yourself. Use a Anonymous Parcel Forwarding service away from your home town. The danger is somewhere on the box is the originating facility the pacakge was processed out of. That means your local post office or UPS facility. It might not be stamped on the package but often it is. Otherwise it is always hidden in the bar code or QVR that is readable to someone who knows how.

If you must buy packaging getting it from a bulk office supply store is generally the least expensive method. Check with www.uline.ca If it's anything like Uline here stateside their pricing will be very difficult to beat and they have free next day delivery of your order if you have a facility with 50 miles of you.

What you need is an Anonymous Parcel Forwarder. If you Google Anonymous Parcel Forwarder in Canada, you would get the following...

http://www.my-mail-service.comw

www.privacy-solutions.com/virtual-office-canada.html

www.canadianaddress.ca

The forwarding services works as a discreet location that sends and receive mail and packages for your webcamming alias. You will have to inquire with the forwarding service as there are usually several options including having a virtual street address that will stand up to casual internet searches, but not a determined search by a tech savvy and motivated individual. In the latter case it will come back as a forwarder which will be recognize as probably one of many layers of protection you might have in place. Some of these forwarders can get very elaborate regarding protecting and backstopping your assumed identity. Often they do this for people going through divorce with safety concerns, or individuals who are particular paranoid or distrustful of the government.

I would recommend you reach out to the forwarding services listed above and inquiry which of the services they offer would best fit your privacy concerns as

1. Webcam model/internet personality concerned about stalkers,

2. Which repackaging service(s) would best fit your products that also includes filling out any international shipping documentation.

Explain you will need also an estimate of cost for ship a package to a small list of general regions which you will supply (Western United States, Easter united states, Asia, Africa Western Europe, Eastern Europe, etc.) This is to determine if you need to make an immediate adjustment to your customer pricing or if your present adjustments are close enough that it can wait a few billing cycles.

Ideally you would consolidate customer orders for a weekly shipment to your forwarder. Possibly this package would consist of several zip lock bag with customer’s names notated. The forwarder would then cross reference a customer list you provided, fill out any paperwork acting as an agent of your webcam persona, then finally use their experience to pick the correct packaging for the destination (Tyvek mailer, bubble wrap mailer, small box, etc.)

I would also recommend you request a designated female employee be assigned to your account regarding repackaging due to your privacy concerns and the nature of your product. Meaning you don’t want a bunch of guys playing with your panties and then possibly becoming curios and checking for you online. Possibly you could leverage the possibility of endorsing their forwarders service to other webcam models and try to earn you some consideration in either how privacy concerns are handled and/or favorable pricing. Ask if they have a referral program for bringing in new clients.

Choosing the right service should save you time and money. These Forwarders buy their shipping supplies and postage in bulk and are experts in their craft. If you are primarily moving products during webcam broadcasts It would be a mess to try to list pricing based on delivery address. To entice impulse buying you’re going to need to make the pricing as easy to understand as possible. Unfortunately, you may find a single price may not take in account shipping to the other side of the globe. In which case you breaking even at best. I must admit I am not a webcam model myself, I’m on the other end of the cam feed but here is my opinion as a customer on what I might be prudent. This is also based on Chaturbate token values generalized for the sake of this example.

1. You may want to make a drastic increase in your pricing quite possibly doubling it to 1000 tokens. This is the easiest thing to do but as a customer I’m probably going to think it’s quite expensive and may go look for a better value elsewhere

2. You leave the pricing as is hoping you at the end of a billing cycle you come up on top in most cases.

3. You make a moderate adjustment as well trying as well as add a strategy to lock in customer loyalty and offer additional products. For the sake of example say the customer is on the other side of the globe and your profit is minimal after shipping cost. Contact the customer by email and politely let him know the situation with the shipping cost and your attempt to keep the product reassembly priced for the majority instead of raising your pricing for everyone based on a few. Explain clearly your will honor the agreement several times. Guys don’t take hints very well and even direct talk needs to be backed up once or twice. Ask the customer if he would possibly be interested in purchasing an additional item from an attached list that would fit inside the package going out to him without incur additional shipping charges. Alternatively, he may also show you support by buying one of your videos available for download at a 30% discount or other discount you designate. You can then personally recommend a video or two based on what you know of customer or what you need to make deal worth wild. I also recommend you attach a respectable picture of yourself to further personalize the request. This reminds him who you are, and further motivate an upsell.

Generally, a forwarding service is going to charge a monthly fee + any pay per usage charges that repackaging falls into. There are all sort of membership levels and other bundled service packages to offer something that fits your needs and budget. You will certainly want to compare several forwarding companies to make the best decision. In any case I can’t imagine it being worse than the 40% number from ManyVids. Without taking a look at what that entails it still sounds rather high for what you probably get. I would also want to know in detail what their privacy security would cover. Image some improperly trained shipping clerk sticking the wrong invoice in the package with your billing information on it. Image a customer getting something with your info and then noticing he also paid a 40% markup for your “anonymous” shipping.

Regarding insurance if you are primarily shipping panties and possibly leggings I do not think it would be necessary. If your product was expense or difficult to replace that would be different. In your case if a package got lost all the previous shipping fees will be refunded or credited as the package was never delivered. Then you would find a replacement product out of inventory (aka your dirty laundry hamper). I can tell you from professional experience that the insurance does not buy your package any special handling unless it has the "High Value" designation in the form or a sticker or other control vessel to go with it.

A typical High value package is about $500 paid in insurance which is prohibitively expensive for most people’s needs. Although if you every needed something to get to where it is needed on time and undamaged, then buy enough insurance to it to qualify as high value will absolutely guarantee it. A designated loss prevention employee or a clerk from an outside 3rd party company must physically verify the package at each leg of transport. They must see the package arrive, be secured in a locked cage if being stored overnight, and the process of it being loaded for next leg of the transport. Generally High Value packages are placed in a larger bright red bag or container. This is both to protect the package itself and to keep curious employees from seeing the destination address or guess at the type of product inside. Employees understand that the there is no way to steal a high value package without getting caught, fired, and prosecuted. I confirm that places like UPS will set up hidden cameras just to see how employees react to seeing a high value package. They have fired people for as little as taking a picture of it with their cell phone. Although there is no delivery address outside and just a control tag with a number and destination zip code they take no chances.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ladyarielmay
Status
Not open for further replies.