AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Shipping panties and pantyhose

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2019
It's not a secret, that members sometimes want to buy some worn underwear, but it's always quite expensive to ship it. Which services do you use for shipping, how much does it coas and how to keep anonymus to member, when you ship?

I like to pre-buy stamps if I’m mailing inside the US. Then I just package it up and slap an obscene number of stamps on it and drop it in a blue pickup box so I don’t have to pay beyond the stamps and packing supplies. This way I put my name on the return address with their address and nobody sees or knows it was me that dropped off the tiny package. My method costs less than $5 shipping per package, and since I’m not “shipping” it, I pick the local drop box near where my errands for that day will be.

Might not be the ideal method, but it works for me.

It usually costs me $3-something to ship a package with two pairs of panties - they're light enough to go first class, so pricier shipping isn't necessary. I don't ship out of the country because that is SO expensive. I put just my model name and a city (not mine) & state as the return address, and have never had a postal worker make me add more. I use a plain brown bubble mailer so it's discreet for the buyer - I use cute patterned poly mailers for shipping Poshmark and Ebay orders, but a lot of fellas are in relationships and aren't going to want "girly" packages showing up in their mail.

Reactions: OliviaClarke
It usually costs me $3-something to ship a package with two pairs of panties - they're light enough to go first class, so pricier shipping isn't necessary. I don't ship out of the country because that is SO expensive. I put just my model name and a city (not mine) & state as the return address, and have never had a postal worker make me add more. I use a plain brown bubble mailer so it's discreet for the buyer - I use cute patterned poly mailers for shipping Poshmark and Ebay orders, but a lot of fellas are in relationships and aren't going to want "girly" packages showing up in their mail.
I recycle my amazon bubble mailers. Rip off the label, repackage that shit and send it out "gently used" with my claw marks hidden under a super taped label. ;)

Very discreet, just looks like a puffy amazon return, lol. I'm cheeeeeeeeeeeap

Reactions: SweetViolet_A
I recycle my amazon bubble mailers. Rip off the label, repackage that shit and send it out "gently used" with my claw marks hidden under a super taped label. ;)

Very discreet, just looks like a puffy amazon return, lol. I'm cheeeeeeeeeeeap

Unfortunately, I don't buy things enough to be able to do that, but it's a great way to minimize waste!

Reactions: Rose
Has any one tried selling Polaroids? I'm just asking because it seem like that might be cheaper to produce, cheaper and easier to send.

USPS has flat rate shipping envelopes & packages. They start around 8 dollar and go up as the boxes get bigger. They also offer a price calculator for stamps.

A while ago, some one said they were using random McDonald as the return address. I still wonder if some dude job is to figure out why people are sending them panties.

There are also sites like PantyTrust , SellYourPanties, PantyDeal, SofiaGray.

USPS has flat rate shipping envelopes & packages. They start around 8 dollar and go up as the boxes get bigger. They also offer a price calculator for stamps.

Flat rate priority is unnecessarily expensive for something as light as panties. If I can send it first class for $3.50, I'm not going to spend $8 to send it priority unless I *need* it to arrive in 2-3 days.

However, priority shipping supplies are free, and you can even have them delivered to your house by the post office for free. Since I sell on Poshmark and they use priority, I have a corner of my bedroom that looks like a post office exploded because I went and ordered a pack of every size of boxes and mailers. Priority packaging definitely fulfills the "discreet" requirement that most people have when ordering panties.

Reactions: Danigirl
The sad fact is, all my potential clients are foreign. When I tell them the price people start joking around "Will you come in those panties? Are you going to ship yourself wearing it?".
But... I saw some twitter accounts and chaturbate bios, where models claim they could ship worldwide for 45usd (including panties price and videos).
Its confusing.

But... I saw some twitter accounts and chaturbate bios, where models claim they could ship worldwide for 45usd (including panties price and videos).
Its confusing.

It sounds like they're taking a loss shipping internationally, yikes. I don't charge for shipping on domestic orders, but if someone requested international shipping, it just wouldn't be feasible unless I charge them for shipping. Even sending something very small is quite expensive.

Reactions: QuinnLane and Rose
Shipping from NZ is expensive as fuck. Within NZ? Couple dollars. But to ship to the US or UK its NZD$15 with no tracking, estimated delivery of 3-10 working days. Then there's tracked, at about $45, with an estimate of 3-7 working days, and the highest at around $100 with 1-5 working days.
Most people choose the cheapest option.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Panty seller of 3ish years here (hi! :) ) I am a rambler, so I apologize. But I have a fetish for logistics and shit so wanted to throw in my two cents. When it comes to Domestic US, when I switched to Priority a year ago, it worked in my favor big time. I might have just been lucky, of course, but this is how it benefits me.

My biggest thing is that I can print the label from the USPS site and just hand the box to any mailman I see, or drop it in any blue box along my way. No trip to the post office or stamps.com account needed. However, I am in a very large and populated area so it isn't as important to hide the originating city my package is mailed from. Those in smaller towns might still want to use a specific PO in another town for safety.

The Priority box with a printed label does seem more discreet and professional, and more well-received, than my padded yellow envelopes with hand written addresses.

"Priority" is like a magic word to my serious buyers. Maybe it makes them feel special. And no one seemed to care that I raised my price by $5 to compensate because "priority" sounds like such a good thing, and they knew it meant they could be getting their panties a day sooner.

I love that boxes and envelopes are free (envelopes don't have to be flat at all, and you can fold them over so they're nice and small). That helps my bottom line a tiny bit, not having to buy envelopes anymore. Just MAKE SURE you're getting the "Flat Rate" ones! There are nearly identical supplies that aren't flat rate and they actually cost more to ship. Makes absolutely no sense to me, but anyway. Haha.

As an example:
$30 sale - $4.69 first class shipping (up to 4 days to arrive) = 25.31 profit
$35 sale - $7.90 priority flat rate small box (2-3 days to arrive) = 27.10 profit

I don't say they're $27, and shipping is $8 or whatever... I just say $35, and shipping is free. If it's an international buyer, I just tack on $10 more and mail it First Class International. If you're selling to your already-established regulars, you can definitely charge much more than someone like me :)

Obviously what works for me isn't for everyone. I'm not a cammer, my 9-5 is retail and panties are my side gig. So I truly hope I'm not overstepping. Like I said, I just love the logistics side of selling and really wanted to share how Priority might work in your favor, you just need to charge a little bit more. Hehe.

If it's domestic shipping, USPS doesn't need you to have a return address on the package you are shipping, however they may ask to confirm if you want to include it. Just put from your model name and leave out your address! I have had a single unpleasant experience with a USPS lady that refused to ship my domestic packages without a return address, so I boycot her.

For international shipping it's going to cost up to about $30 to send a small bubble mail type package so if you opt for this make sure to increase your shipping rates accordingly. You will also have to use a return address for international package shipping and a P.O. Box works great for discrete shipping.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Panty seller of 3ish years here (hi! :) ) I am a rambler, so I apologize. But I have a fetish for logistics and shit so wanted to throw in my two cents. When it comes to Domestic US, when I switched to Priority a year ago, it worked in my favor big time. I might have just been lucky, of course, but this is how it benefits me.

My biggest thing is that I can print the label from the USPS site and just hand the box to any mailman I see, or drop it in any blue box along my way. No trip to the post office or stamps.com account needed. However, I am in a very large and populated area so it isn't as important to hide the originating city my package is mailed from. Those in smaller towns might still want to use a specific PO in another town for safety.

The Priority box with a printed label does seem more discreet and professional, and more well-received, than my padded yellow envelopes with hand written addresses.

"Priority" is like a magic word to my serious buyers. Maybe it makes them feel special. And no one seemed to care that I raised my price by $5 to compensate because "priority" sounds like such a good thing, and they knew it meant they could be getting their panties a day sooner.

I love that boxes and envelopes are free (envelopes don't have to be flat at all, and you can fold them over so they're nice and small). That helps my bottom line a tiny bit, not having to buy envelopes anymore. Just MAKE SURE you're getting the "Flat Rate" ones! There are nearly identical supplies that aren't flat rate and they actually cost more to ship. Makes absolutely no sense to me, but anyway. Haha.

As an example:
$30 sale - $4.69 first class shipping (up to 4 days to arrive) = 25.31 profit
$35 sale - $7.90 priority flat rate small box (2-3 days to arrive) = 27.10 profit

I don't say they're $27, and shipping is $8 or whatever... I just say $35, and shipping is free. If it's an international buyer, I just tack on $10 more and mail it First Class International. If you're selling to your already-established regulars, you can definitely charge much more than someone like me :)

Obviously what works for me isn't for everyone. I'm not a cammer, my 9-5 is retail and panties are my side gig. So I truly hope I'm not overstepping. Like I said, I just love the logistics side of selling and really wanted to share how Priority might work in your favor, you just need to charge a little bit more. Hehe.
Thank you so much for this detail information. I am now starting out and it was difficult to find information on how to go about doing this.

I have only mailed one pair of panties so far, but I just put it in a letter envelope in a plastic bag. The whole thing was under 1oz so it was only one stamp. Probably the cheapest possible way you could do it but there is no tracking. I am in the us and used USPS btw.

In the Tom Perrotta novel Little Children they outsource the actual wearing of the panties. It's not all that ethical but neither is it the worst idea if a majority of your clients are from an otherwise cost-prohibitive country.

In the Tom Perrotta novel Little Children they outsource the actual wearing of the panties. It's not all that ethical but neither is it the worst idea if a majority of your clients are from an otherwise cost-prohibitive country.

I just solve that problem by putting "shipping to US only" in my ads.

I specifically look for thinnest fabric of panties to make sure it fits in a letter envelope. I also buy stamps instead of giving it to the post office employee. Once I sent it through the office and they charged me for it as a parcel. I figured I will stick to my envelope strategy since it never failed.

I live in Europe so I don't know how applicable this is to the US.

I’m from Canada and I’ve been wondering about this as well. I was thinking of offering to Canada and US only but I don’t know how much more it would cost to go to the states.

Also, about the return address thing. I used to work in a jail and people would mail letters to inmates with no return address all the time. Is just *not* putting a return address not an option?

Also, about the return address thing. I used to work in a jail and people would mail letters to inmates with no return address all the time. Is just *not* putting a return address not an option?

It's an option, but depending on where you go to mail it, the postal workers may require you to include one. I use something random, like a McDonald's or the grocery store.

Reactions: StormiAnderson
Status
Not open for further replies.