AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Shoe shopping

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenHedonist

V.I.P. AmberLander
Oct 13, 2011
Eastside Shambhala
Twitter Username
@ZenHedonist
I have noticed over the years that women can walk into a shoe store, or the shoe section of a department store, grab a pair of shoes and they fit. They MIGHT have to try on two pairs. Mostly they are deciding how they look. Any of the gentlemen out there that can do the same?

I have to try on 6,731 pairs before I can find a pair that fit. Now granted I have hard-to-fit feet. Small narrow heel, wider at the ball of the foot but not quite wide enough to be a "wide". High instep. Bigger than a 8.5 US but not exactly a 9 US. Sheesh. I hate shoe shopping.

Tell me your shoe shopping tales. I have to go shoe shopping and I'm dreading it. Inspire me please!

Most Canadian stores don't carry above size 12 so I just have to order everything one and hope it fits. I only really wear Adidas or Tom's these past few years so I can usually trust that any shoe I buy will fit since I know my size for those brands.

Reactions: MarieElise
I think part of it is that with women's shoes you can see the shape of it more easily without trying it on and then know which ones to pick. For example, there are certain heel styles that won't fit the ball of my foot so I know to avoid those. Or brands that always have a weird seam that rubs the wrong way. It looks like most of what I try on fits 95% of the time but really it's just lots of practice and visual cues.

Men's shoes look pretty similar in shape most of the time. They're all basically either dress shoes, tennis shoes, loafers, or boots. The externally visible shapes within each of these categories doesn't change that much, but internally it seems like they vary a lot (after watching men try on 7 or 8 pairs just to find one that fits well). I think if the shapes in women's styles were more discreet women would probably go through a more similar process.

Reactions: ZenHedonist
I think part of it is that with women's shoes you can see the shape of it more easily without trying it on and then know which ones to pick. For example, there are certain heel styles that won't fit the ball of my foot so I know to avoid those. Or brands that always have a weird seam that rubs the wrong way. It looks like most of what I try on fits 95% of the time but really it's just lots of practice and visual cues.

Men's shoes look pretty similar in shape most of the time. They're all basically either dress shoes, tennis shoes, loafers, or boots. The externally visible shapes within each of these categories doesn't change that much, but internally it seems like they vary a lot (after watching men try on 7 or 8 pairs just to find one that fits well). I think if the shapes in women's styles were more discreet women would probably go through a more similar process.
Ahhh...
okay that makes sense
Do you have trouble fitting athletic shoes or boots?

Ahhh...
okay that makes sense
Personally, not really but that's mostly because I have the *least* finnicky foot shape in the world when it comes to anything that doesn't doesn't have a heel or tons of straps. I've worn Walmart flats without any arch support every day for months while walking around constantly and never had any problems. I broke in Doc Martens without even getting blisters or foot aches. The only things I find don't usually fit right are ice skates/roller blades, so I just bought my own personal pair and broke those in without blisters either (which is supposedly rare, since they're so tight). It's only when I'm dealing with super girly feminine shoes that I potentially have problems and with those, I can just look at them and know what'll work most of the time.

Having gone shopping for those shoes with other women, I've definitely seen women try on multiple pairs of boots and athletic shoes to find the ones that were right, or going to multiple stores across town to find the ones that carry the only specific style/brand of boot that they'll wear.

My feet are similarly shaped, though I wear either a US 10 1/2 or 11 (44.5-45 EU)in E or EE. Nike, and many others are off the list because they’re too narrow.

Athletic shoes are either New Balance or Mizuno. Dress or general wear are Clark’s due to wide box of the shoes.

Boots are different as well, as it really depends on the style of boot and how the sole is connected. But, I have found Danner or Red Wing the best fitting

Ahhh...
okay that makes sense

Yes i have a real problem to fitting the boots because the kind that i like ( usually classic styles ) are not so visible from outside how they are inside so as a woman i honestly have to put on like about 6-7 pairs on to find one that match to my foot shape ( counting that i have a normal shaped foot ) because most of them nowdays are made or for incredible slender feet or for large ones and i am something in the middle.
As for the athletic showes i do not have any problem , they are way more well lets say presented inside/out , i usually take the one that i like and fits very good.

As for the more elegant showes or sandals there i have really a huge huge problem , i must test like about 50 pairs to find one that would match and would not hurt my feet ( you know the right material , shape ) .

I have to try on a million pairs too. I'm way too impatient to be dealing with returns, so I wanna get it right the first time. Traffic is too bad where I live, to be driving around dealing with returning impulsive shopping mistakes. Same thing w my boyfriend/ partner. I am jealous of people that are that good at knowing their feet, that they can grab, go, and get it right though. Plus my feet changed sizes when I was pregnant and never fully changed back, so it's too much of a risk. I have also heard that people's feet can keep growing well into, elderly age, so I'm not taking a risk.

My boyfriend always sticks with the same brands of shoes (he's really picky). New Balance, and Adidas.

My roomate has feet that are bigger than most sizings, so he has to go to special stores, try them on too, and spend like a million bucks (slight exaggeration, but you get the point).

Status
Not open for further replies.