AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should members be tipping all the models they follow a similar amount?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you think members should tip all the models they spend time with a similar amount?

• No, they can tip whoever they want whatever they want whenever they want.

Votes: 91 90.1%
  • No, but the should be honest about tipping another model a lot more.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Yes, it is unfair to tip one model more than another.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it could hurt another model's feelings to get a lot smaller tip.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • They can tip who they want but bigger tips to other models should be kept anon.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I don't really have an opinion on this.

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe there are cliques of "high rollers" in particular models' circles. They tip to thrill their favorite models within the circle, and also to show off to their fellow members there.
Well, yes I suppose. I was mostly mocking the idea while wondering if its actually present.

Though if brunch is provided, I may have to start joining the tipping cliques. :pompous:

I think members have a right to tip who they want and how they want.

I also think unless the member chooses to openly share their tipping habits with the model they shouldn't have to explain their tipping pattern. Especially if the model found it from watching another models room.

I've basically always tipped each model I visit in the same intervals. Granted some models I'm a bigger fan of so by proxy in lump sum totals I've given more to. Different models also have their favorite numbers so in that sense my tips would be different.

I'm intrigued by the thought process of if a model has a certain cam score you'd tip them lower or higher because of it. Just seems really odd.

I tend to spend according to time spent in a model's room. So I have some models who make way more from me than others, but it has a direct correlation to how much time I spend in their respective rooms. Sadly that wasn't an option in the poll.

Out of curiosity without naming anyone, what were some of the responses on twitter? And how many of those responses were from members vs models.

Both members and models were chiming in and it seemed like a good deal felt the members could tip whoever they want whatever they want but a handful of people felt that members should be tipping pretty equally or tipping lower models more than higher models which I had never really heard people talk about before! It's what inspired this thread. :)

Gosh, I'm so glad I no longer cam on MFC. These kinds of things are tricky.

I think so few people would disagree with members having a right to tip who and how they want to. Perhaps a better question would be towards the members themselves. For instance, ask them to cite reasons for tipping higher amounts to models with a higher cam score.

Gosh, I'm so glad I no longer cam on MFC. These kinds of things are tricky.

I think so few people would disagree with members having a right to tip who and how they want to. Perhaps a better question would be towards the members themselves. For instance, ask them to cite reasons for tipping higher amounts to models with a higher cam score.

I wouldn't do either personally, but I would guess there's two main reasons why a member might tip a higher rank model more (or less) than a lower rank model, innit...

• A lower rank model who might not be used to larger tips might shit the bed with gratitude at the sight of a 1000 token tip. If a member wants that same reaction from a higher rank model (who is accustomed to routinely receiving tips in excess of 10,000 tokens for example), he'll have to tip more to see a similar reaction. That could influence a member to tip the higher rank model more than the lower rank model.
  • A single 1000 token tip to a higher rank model might be a very welcome occurrence but it's probably not going to impact drastically on their day-to-day life much either way. That same 1000 token tip to a lower rank model might mean the difference between paying a bill on time or simply not having the money to pay that bill at all that month. That could influence a member's decision to tip the lower rank model more than the higher rank model.

I feel members should tip how they want, and models should treat members how they want. I have always treated good friends better, and I am sure models do the same. If a model does not like the amount I tip, she is free to ask me to leave her room or even ban me if she feels it is necessary.

I have only had one model ask me point blank why I tipped another model more than her, and I ended up having to put her on ignore later to keep her from bothering me all the time asking for tips when I was not even in her room. I had another model get mad at me for doing more for other models before, but those models did more for me than she did.

I have always tried to keep things in balance, letting things get too lopsided in any kind of relationship just causes trouble, or so I believe.

For instance, ask them to cite reasons for tipping higher amounts to models with a higher cam score.

I asked a regular why he tipped a top model 5000 and me 500. He said it was nothing to do with the model or me but everything to do with the other members who would see. Apparently I didn't have enough big time tippers for him to impress!

But a member can tip who he likes what he likes.

A member should be able to tip whoever they want to and how much they wish. It is the member's cash that bought those tokens, so it's up to him/her how they use them. That being said, I personally wouldn't think I had to tip an engaging, cute and sexy top 20 girl more for essentially doing the same as an equally engaging, cute and sexy girl who was down on page 4. Tip equality rules. If I liked a girl with a 25,000 camscore enough to tip 2k in her room, then I would do exactly the same to a girl with a 500 camscore.

I asked a regular why he tipped a top model 5000 and me 500. He said it was nothing to do with the model or me but everything to do with the other members who would see. Apparently I didn't have enough big time tippers for him to impress!

Ha!!! It would be a cold day in hell before I would tip simply to impress other tippers in a room... whether the girl was top 20 or not. The only person from whom I would expect any response to a tip is the model herself. Other tippers in the room can live long and suck it. I don't care who they tip or how much. I'm not looking for peer approval, a pat on the back or a stream of those annoying clapping emotes. :facepalm:

Also... when members casually mention how much more they are tipping other girls, as if it's no big deal... I think that kind of behaviour is cruel and shitty. :stop:

:think:

Let's be real here,
Of course impressing other members and the room is a predictable motive here.
The fact is that a large part of the camgoing population is made up of either virtual sex addicts or people fulfilling social needs. The sex addicts are following a compulsion and they will tip to service that.
But for the other group they are able to a: impress someone they find attractive and b: impress their peers both for much less money than it would take in the real world.
In a room with few people where there is less going on dropping a bomb is going to be much less satisfying. Also you can get the attention for less.
It's wierd or sad maybe but it's about using money to gain acceptance. You can see this work in another way too. I see all the time members that are on a lot in different rooms. One room where a model is friendly and chatty regardless and one room with a model who literally will not acknowledge anything said without a tip. The latter extracts more cash out of 6/10 customers. Why? Their acceptance is more expensive and a lot of members are using chat rooms to service their own dysfunction.
It's not about the model or how much they like them or value their show. It's about paying to feel a certain way. The model is only a part of that experience.

I find it interesting that 2 people have voted for "No, but the should be honest about tipping another model a lot more".I would like to hear their reasoning behind it. I would have thought that's the last thing you should do unless you want to piss a model off. I couldn't imagine saying to a model "You're only my second favourite and I'll tip you a small amount while I wait to drop bombs when my favourite get on" Maybe you'd put it in a nicer way then that but the sentiment is still the same and just seems like all it would do is make the model feel down which I would never try to do intentionally.

I was one of those who voted this way. I simply meant I don't lie if asked about tipping other models, especially if asked about it. I am completely open about tipping/ spending, I think it helps that I don't have a favourite. I am always unapologetic about my choices, and this includes every model I choose to spend on, no matter the amount.
People know/ sense when they are being pushed aside, spending more on someone else means little, when it isn't taken as personal judgement that they are worth less than this other person. If one model asks/ knows I spend more on someone I don't want her to see herself as less worthy of my tokens, so I am open about it. This is one reason I keep my reward points shown.
In short I find myself able to admit I spend more on someone else if asked, and to not let it reflect badly on someone I spend less on. I am not taking advantage of the model I spend less on in no small part because I am honest about it. Hope this answers the question.

I was the only person who voted that "Members can tip who they want but big tips should be anon." I want to clarify what I mean by this.

I share a few regulars with other models whom I love. I understand when those regulars drop bombs on their primary models and just a few tokens on me. This does not hurt me and I never claim to own my members.

But if my primary regs ever dropped bombs on top models when I'm struggling to make a rank goal or get a countdown down, it would crush me. Hard. I don't have the moral right to demand that people disclose how they tip or what they do with their tokens, but I maintain the right to be HURT if they do. These are separate things.

When I say that big tips should be anon, I don't necessarily mean a ninja tip. I mean, I don't want to know about it. I don't go digging into the lives of my mfc members when I'm not around. I don't ask about their cam habits directly. I ask about their lives. I'm not gonna find out unless it's rubbed in my face somehow, and heaven HELP the regular who brags about his tip in my DM or my room.

Also, I would point out that it is SUPER FUCKING SHITTY TO TIP A "LOW CAMSCORE GIRL" LESS BECAUSE OF HER SCORE. FUCK THE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT. FUCK THEM WITH RUSTY KNIVES.

Tip a girl less because she isn't your favorite or isn't entertaining you as much but do not reduce wonderful beautiful models to their camscore because it's an arbitrary number.

I'm actually surprised that option has 2 votes, as many times when a similar subject comes up around here, models seem unified on the front of "I don't want to hear about the tokens you spend on other models".

My recollections are the same.. that there's no need to be upfront, which does more damage than good. I also recall to never discuss with a model about deciding on a good gift for another model. From those conversations, i took it all as an unwritten "don't ask don't tell" policy

EVERY. SINGLE. MODELS best tipper has been someone else's freeloader.
So one guy doesn't want to tip you as much as her... And that other guy wants to tip you but doesn't want to tip her, and her best tipper doesn't want to tip some other girl and so on and so forth.

Get over it.

Well, yes I suppose. I was mostly mocking the idea while wondering if its actually present.

Though if brunch is provided, I may have to start joining the tipping cliques. :pompous:

By the way, Happy Birthday!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Entertainer33
This reminds me of something that happened to me on chaturbate 2-3 years ago. A regular of mine tipped me 12,000 tokens. Another camgirl started harassing him AND me saying he should've given that to her because she 'needed' it more than me. (I have no idea if he was a member in her room or not either way it was rude imo)

This kinda attitude drives me nuts because first of all mfc/cb isn't gofundme..we cannot expect members to assess tipping by "who does the worst and needs major help/who needs it more" Members tip who they want for whatever reasons. When I was on cb I had some girls highest tipping members camp out in my room and not tip me. Does that piss me off? Not really because a LOT of people who watched me on cb/mfc didn't tip me.

Camgirls are human and it can be frustrating but it isn't fair to act like a member owes you just because he's someone else's whale.

Status
Not open for further replies.