AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Showing or not showing the face ? That is the question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2020
As I said when I introduced myself in the appropriate topic, I'm a total newbie to this world and never put any nudes of me online. I really want to get into camming, but I have two interrogations about my strategy. First, do you think it's a good idea to start posting on twitter and get an onlyfans before going on cam ? Second, how do you feel about blurring faces ? Camming is a kinky fantasy for me, but I also want to do it for money. For now I don't feel comfortable about revealing my face, but is it still possible to have followers and stuff not showing it ? Do you think going full make-up and wig would be a better idea ?

You can’t hide your face on every cam site. On Chaturbate you can and some models that do it are successful. However it’s probably going to be harder to succeed that way, but no one can tell will you make it unless you try.
You say it’s a fantasy for you, I’d say that’s your advantage. Find a way to convey that to your viewers.
I wouldn’t start any additional platforms before starting to cam. That time would be better used by researching what it takes to be successful on cam and common scams models encounter.
Then when you start broadcasting utilize everything available to be successful and make money.
Good luck!

As I said when I introduced myself in the appropriate topic, I'm a total newbie to this world and never put any nudes of me online. I really want to get into camming, but I have two interrogations about my strategy. First, do you think it's a good idea to start posting on twitter and get an onlyfans before going on cam ? Second, how do you feel about blurring faces ? Camming is a kinky fantasy for me, but I also want to do it for money. For now I don't feel comfortable about revealing my face, but is it still possible to have followers and stuff not showing it ? Do you think going full make-up and wig would be a better idea ?
As a viewer I've seen a few faceless models and one non-nude model, I suspect men like myself will get bored soon and stop viewing your room.
Now that I think about It, I haven't seen a faceless model In several months.

You can’t hide your face on every cam site. On Chaturbate you can and some models that do it are successful. However it’s probably going to be harder to succeed that way, but no one can tell will you make it unless you try.
You say it’s a fantasy for you, I’d say that’s your advantage. Find a way to convey that to your viewers.
I wouldn’t start any additional platforms before starting to cam. That time would be better used by researching what it takes to be successful on cam and common scams models encounter.
Then when you start broadcasting utilize everything available to be successful and make money.
Good luck!
Everything Ana said and I want to add there have been very successful models on Chaturbate who never show their faces. It’s an element of mystery that some men find exciting. You can definitely “make it” without showing your face if you are entertaining to watch and put your effort into it. However I do not recommend wearing masks, wigs or heavy make up. All the successful models who hide their faces do it by keeping the face out of the frame and some will occasionally show their chin or bottom lip.

You can try if the site rules do not prohibit hiding the face, but judging by my observations, the face is very important, and sometimes much more important for making money than the naked body. Your eyes and smile convey the mood, reveal you as a person, and this is usually very important for the members.
Can you experiment with wigs, makeup, transformations? I recently saw a selection of Korean makeup - it's fantastic - you really can't recognize a person before and after!
Maybe do role-playing, cosplay images! It might be interesting i think...

Last edited:
(I wanted to like all your replies but couldn't find how :'( )

Thank you all. It''s kinda tricky actually because I'm really afraid people from my IRL recognize and judge me, and I don't have the money to invest in quality wigs/make ups/cosplays yet even if I have a few stuff and that is my true goal... So if I resume you think that if I want to hide my face I should have a strong and attractive concept behind it to contest with girls revealing their faces ?
My boyfriend is a cb enjoyer and thinks that it will be really more valuable if I show my face, and also that whatever happens if some people from our IRL really dig us, even with a mask, they'll recognize me anyhow... What do you think about this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.