AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

skype in moderation

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2015
ok, so you probably heard this a hundred times.. but know what you are spending your tokens on and do skypes right away.. oh, and don't look for skype deals from models who typically don't do them so often or charge more than you are willing to bleed out
ok, why?
well, as great as a deal looks, and though it seems like a deal is a deal, and maybe you have a busy schedule, you work for a living, and also it's somewhat polite, "hey we'll just do it when we both aren't busy"
models who are Good at balancing their room tokens to skype ratio... from experience i've found they don't throw out crazy skype deals that don't fit the vibe their room or profile gives off.. the good models who skype usually have a nice personality, they know how to work out a price and time {and if you're lucky a cute theme for the skypedate} (and yes their nice enough to let you call it a skypedate) :haha:

so, you payed for a skype date, you did your part, and what? are there Bad skype models?
well, it's perspective and you need to look at it from the service end.. a lot of models set goals, they try to hit their goals nightly, and a rainchecked skype date, even payed for comes across as a hassle to them..
i know what you're thinking, 'even if time is money, it can't be too hard to fit in that 30 min to hour cam session sometime in a Month' it can't be more hassle than going to the store and getting someone a birthday card

zzzzz

if you've read this far you can probably sense the bitterness by now,
yes, i wandered into a room around new years, saw a skype date deal, talked with the model, and what with working 50+ hours a week and the model trying to hit her goal every night she is online, yeah.. the skype got pretty darned backlogged.. like months
was eventually able to trade half the skype for 4 old vids, they weren't too bad
unfortunately, some of us fix a mistake with another mistake
i spent my day off getting drunk and tipping for a 'shots for the model' menu and stupidly tipped a dumb amount to put the skype back to an hour.. again back logged at least a month and this model who has had newer videos 'coming soon' finally posted those..

said model who i won't mention name {not that i'm trying to be the better person here, as you can read i'm somewhat a pain in the butt} because it would be Rude.. at this point she will trade for the newer videos, or do the hour skype date which to be honest i don't feel would even be any fun (which i need to state clearly i used to think it would be) and i should lastly mention i bought her giftcards to order a toy (she agreed on this) and guess what, it was never seen or heard from.....

so, long lame cautionary rant come to a conclusion.. there Are good models who run their room pleasantly and balance their tokens, skypes and things like that rather well.. it can be a very fun experience
but yeah, walk don't run when you do such things..

I don't know if you can put all the blame on the model. I currently have two 10 min Skypes from a deal I was offering (I try to encourage them to take the Skype there and then) but both guys wanted it later that day. I told them when I would be on until and neither came back in time. I txt them every week to let them know when I will be on during the day and they never appear in time then asking at random points if I can Skype. I can only Skype when I'm on cam I have children so I can't jump on just at any point. The point of this is if you buy a Skype show then it is up to you to do it at that point or at a pre booked time. That's on you. It is a hassle when you are letting the customer know when you can and can't do it and they pop up asking at times you aren't able to. You either need to arrange it properly with her or accept the vids or just leave it and learn a hard lesson. And next time you buy a Skype show just do it there and then if you can't then don't buy it.

Not sure that I'm fully understanding the rant. You bought a skype date and the girl kept making excuses/rescheduling or did she at least attempt to make good on the deal and you are equally and possibly even more to blame?

sorry, to be more clear.. she keeps making excuses, or avoiding the issue.. and any day she does log on she's 'too busy' working on goal
which sometimes includes sitting around a few hours asking her usual tippers to buy her shots

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Kinky_Casey
sorry, to be more clear.. she keeps making excuses, or avoiding the issue.. and any day she does log on she's 'too busy' working on goal
which sometimes includes sitting around a few hours asking her usual tippers to buy her shots
Just an FYI it's a TERRIBLE idea to ask a girl to do "your skype" while she is already online. It puts them in a weird position of pissing off whoever tipped for topic...or pissing you off.

Your best bet? Ask her "please let me know what your schedule looks like this week and when you will be available so I can make time for our skype."

It's so simple.

of course she offered to do it, When she was getting tipped
it's in the chat log and token history
any other time she's a bit rude, i haven't had this problem with other models... as i stated in the opening post, many girls have been very polite and fair about such things
i'll take the advice from this page and ask her again to schedule Her time and if she replies with another excuse i'll just consider my losses

Wait a minute sorry she said to you at the time that she would do it there and then but you couldn't ? I'm still not quite sure.
I think he's saying if he asks her about in in public chat she's all, "oh yeah, no prob, we'll do one as soon as possible" but afterwards she brushes him off?

Or... You know... If you want it then and there you could not be a cheap ass and pay to do exclusive through the website. Cheap-convenient-quality; Pick 2.
MFC is expensive and low quality, so it is a matter of picking one on there. I remember the first time I saw a model on Skype, my draw dropped at how much better she looked. The quality difference was astronomical.

well i took the advice and kindly asked for Her to arrange a time and day
big surprise, she's not on >__> i'm sure this isn't the models fault...

I'll have to agree with OP here. (correct me if I misunderstood the deal here)

It seems like the model really really doesn't want to do the said skype. Yet because OP is often in her room tipping her, she feels it's ok to constantly lead him on with the promise of this said skype eventually happening, this way she keeps his tokens flowing. And, I get it. I think it's all to do with the aspect of instant gratification which we get from live camming that is not there with a skype or a custom. (especially if the said skype was paid for in advance, well in advance by the sounds of it). Yet, that is not an excuse for lack of professionalism.

I think that us, as models , really want to jump in each other's defence whenever a member comes here to criticise one of us. Which seems to be what is happening in this thread. But the above behaviour is a tab scummy. (just me 2 pence!)

Of course it's scummy. But all of this is grey market. That's the allure and the danger. The only rules are the ones set up by the sites. Everything else is just unregulated verbal agreement.
If you pursue skype or some other off site interaction you have to know you're taking a chance.
I never had a bad experience with that specifically but everyone on here talks about it pretty regularly.
If you wanna be sure of what you're getting for what price stay on the sites and negotiate in tokens. After these things you should see that you are paying a higher price but it comes with security.
Or try and negotiate something off site you see as superior and take your chances.

of course she offered to do it, When she was getting tipped
it's in the chat log and token history
any other time she's a bit rude, i haven't had this problem with other models... as i stated in the opening post, many girls have been very polite and fair about such things
i'll take the advice from this page and ask her again to schedule Her time and if she replies with another excuse i'll just consider my losses

Don't tip this model again, One time I had a model string me along over a skype and I only let the "delay" happen twice and after that I deleted her and moved on. This is also why I keep my pms to friends only, this way if I delete you you cannot harass me in pm. There are plenty of models that will skype with you if you are tipping them regularly and you aren't an asshole. I suggest moving on.

its kind of a shitty situation in general. I cant tell you how many times I have seen models having a slow time, and decide to advertise skype time or custom videos which i then paid for, but they never deliver. I dont know if they have good intentions at the time, or are scamming from the beginning, but non delivery is the biggest reason i never tip for these items any more.

I came here to add my two cents about Skype. I personally wouldn't advise any model to use skype because it's so easy for anyone to grab your IP address once they have your Skype ID. We have a thread about it in the models only section of the forums if any girls are interested in learning more details.

update: so i finally got that skype
luckily on my day off she planned for middle of the day, a 'maybe' and no she wasn't there.. hung out on mfc for awhile, and when she logged in she wanted to do it before she cammed..
so interestingly enough while waiting for her i saw a model i hadn't in awhile and that kept me amused enough that when we did the skype i wasn't really in the mood for anything 'fancy'
we just talked the entire hour {well i typed actually cuz i'm microphone shy} and it basically came out that she wasn't really enthused to do this cuz she "thought i was an ---hole" and usually when i logged on that's the impression she got.. well i'm sorry i wanted something i payed for, she flipped me off, i called her lazy.. we smiled it off and really the rest of the skype was pretty normal and nice

so anyway a few things: first off, there were a few different perspectives provided in this thread so thanks everyone for participating. and second, i pretty much still stand by what i was trying to reaffirm to begin with. know what you're paying for, and make sure both persons do their part in a reasonable timeframe, of course be polite but don't be so polite it never gets done! ^^

ok so after the skype i visited her room she was nice and told all her room usuals how she was wrong and i wasn't a jerk, she also said i should try being a model which i thought was slightly out of left field but whatever, and she gave me her whatsap which obviously is a thing she usually charges for, and she apologized for never getting that toy
{{which by the way, in my experience models are very good at taking gift cards and not spending it on toys i recommend, heh}} but anyway, i personally just wanted the skype and said that was plenty..

i dunno, i made the mistake of stopping in her room a few times, i dunno what kinda mood she was in or what but she asked me to get her a giftcard and i tried to explain nicely that i really had no plans of spending money on things like that because personal reasons and as a goal i set for myself simply because at this time in my life i've already spent so much on certain models for certain reasons and currently i'm back to work at least 50hours a week and people in my life i really care about are broke or wokring two jobs a girl i think the word of has a birthday coming up and i can only justify spending so much on .. such things, if y'all get what i'm saying

i usually feel sorry but she got really rude and threatened to ban me z__z

Better and safety is do private at the website. You pay tokens they do their job. Based my experience, skype have a big potential of scamming since we need pay first to the model.
I had paid for more than 20,000 tokens total to few models and all most of them failed to do their job with lot of reasons. The last model from chaturbate who failed , i sent token single tips 4000 tokens and after 3 months she never did her job until im bored asking about her job. Its just one case from few cases i ever had before.
So i think do private on website more safety for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.