AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skype shows?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thesxuldv8 said:
you completely ignored the point made about understanding it more if MFC cut their take to 15% and the model gets the 85% skype

MFC doesn't really say "GenericModel got 1,000 tokens for private, that's 5 cents a token, so $50, and 3000 tokens from group, which is another $150, and 3600 from tips..."

They say "GenericModel made 10,000 tokens, so she gets $500"

Now, since members can buy tokens at 8, 9, or 10 cents a token, lesse...

8 * .85 = 6.8 cents a token
9 * .85 = 7.65 cents a token
10 * .85 = 8.5 cents a token

So is the site now supposed to know which tokens we got for skype shows, and which ones are legit tips? Is the site also supposed to keep track of how much the member paid for those specific tokens and give the model the relevant amount? I think that's asking too much. It's also asking the MODEL to have access to that information so she can make sure that she was paid the correct amount. Do YOU want the model to know which package you used to buy your tokens?

LadyLuna said:
thesxuldv8 said:
you completely ignored the point made about understanding it more if MFC cut their take to 15% and the model gets the 85% skype

MFC doesn't really say "GenericModel got 1,000 tokens for private, that's 5 cents a token, so $50, and 3000 tokens from group, which is another $150, and 3600 from tips..."

They say "GenericModel made 10,000 tokens, so she gets $500"

Now, since members can buy tokens at 8, 9, or 10 cents a token, lesse...

8 * .85 = 6.8 cents a token
9 * .85 = 7.65 cents a token
10 * .85 = 8.5 cents a token

So is the site now supposed to know which tokens we got for skype shows, and which ones are legit tips? Is the site also supposed to keep track of how much the member paid for those specific tokens and give the model the relevant amount? I think that's asking too much. It's also asking the MODEL to have access to that information so she can make sure that she was paid the correct amount. Do YOU want the model to know which package you used to buy your tokens?

Yes! I demand it! MFC doesn't deserve my money! :-D

Deleted many posts. I asked nicely for people to stop arguing with dv8, now please do so.

Reactions: Jessi
... I'm sorry for the necroing, but a brief question for those who do Skype shows;

Is it possible to do it through a proxy? I'm pretty sure it's easy to packet-sniff an IP address, so it might be a good idea to have additional precautions.

hornygods said:
... I'm sorry for the necroing, but a brief question for those who do Skype shows;

Is it possible to do it through a proxy? I'm pretty sure it's easy to packet-sniff an IP address, so it might be a good idea to have additional precautions.

I think it's theoretically possible but I think the speed would be compromised and your video feed quality would suffer, so it's probably pointless. Maybe I'm wrong though!

ComicOzzie said:
The Skype shows I have had with models have all involved either Paypal or Western Union. Haven't had any problems with either method of payment.

:woops: :woops: :woops:
About PayPal - only with those I trust already, cause they prove to be trustworthy , when they tip on MFC first.
About WesterUnion - WTF - first because I will not go for show until I see the money in my hands, which is possible only by going to the bank and making a guy wait until you have it. And second because I will not give them my passport details ever, and WU works only with passport, MFC name is not acceptable in a bank when you receive the money. And also WU charge much more then pp for transfers.

So for me TOKENS are a girl`s best friends!

MaggieRider said:
ComicOzzie said:
The Skype shows I have had with models have all involved either Paypal or Western Union. Haven't had any problems with either method of payment.

About PayPal - only with those I trust already, cause they prove to be trustworthy , when they tip on MFC first.
They haven't 'proven to be trustworthy' just by tipping on MFC. They can still scam you, and if they want to pay you on PayPal, they probably will scam you.

Do not accept PayPal for sexual services. Never. Just don't do it.
See why in this already existing thread in the models only section: 'What's the deal with paypal?'

LilyMarie said:
MaggieRider said:
ComicOzzie said:

They haven't 'proven to be trustworthy' just by tipping on MFC. They can still scam you, and if they want to pay you on PayPal, they probably will scam you.

See why in this already existing thread in the models only section: 'What's the deal with paypal?'

Wow, I must have written this about 3 years ago, because I have only used tokens for Skype shows for a loooooong time now. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: AnnaSnow
ComicOzzie said:
LilyMarie said:
MaggieRider said:
ComicOzzie said:

Wow, I must have written this about 3 years ago, because I have only used tokens for Skype shows for a loooooong time now. :twocents-02cents:

BEST WAY!!!

Reactions: ComicOzzie
Status
Not open for further replies.