AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SM or MFC to start with?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just depends on what kinda experience you want out of camming. They have a completely different type of customers and require different skillsets when it comes to socializing and running your room. SM is good for if you're looking to make money reliably every day and would prefer to just log off at the end of your day and not put much else thought into it - MFC requires a lot more socializing, personality both online and off etc but successful MFC models do tend to make a lot more. I don't think either site could prepare you for the other.

Reactions: Toya uk and Mila_
Upvote 0
These sites are VERY different from eachother so it totally depends on what kind of cammer you are and where your strong parts are.

I am a person who is highly sexual, has fairly unreliable schedule, hates talking to people while offline so streamate has been my camming home for awhile. I like that I can just log on, get a private show,get dudes to fap and log off. No countdowns, creative shows, reliance on regular members or coming up with games.

On MFC, being creative, consistent, willing to connect with viewers even on your off-cam time are coveted skills there. There's more emphasis on personal connection VS just banging away at yourself with toys then having the guys move on afterwards (Which is what I prefer lol).

I will say this: MFC is the hardest cam site for first timers. I'd recommend chaturbate over MFC if you want to do a token site,get used to performing on cam with a bit more wiggle room in regards to camscore/ranking and then try MFC when you're more prepared.

Upvote 0
Mfc is a site that requires you to hit the ground running. I dont think it's the best site to start with.... though some do ok. It's pretty unforgiving when u start out and it might be an idea to get ur feet wet on another social/tip based site if that's the kind of experience you are after.

Upvote 0
It just depends on what kinda experience you want out of camming. They have a completely different type of customers and require different skillsets when it comes to socializing and running your room. SM is good for if you're looking to make money reliably every day and would prefer to just log off at the end of your day and not put much else thought into it - MFC requires a lot more socializing, personality both online and off etc but successful MFC models do tend to make a lot more. I don't think either site could prepare you for the other.

Thank you 🙂

Upvote 0
These sites are VERY different from eachother so it totally depends on what kind of cammer you are and where your strong parts are.

I am a person who is highly sexual, has fairly unreliable schedule, hates talking to people while offline so streamate has been my camming home for awhile. I like that I can just log on, get a private show,get dudes to fap and log off. No countdowns, creative shows, reliance on regular members or coming up with games.

On MFC, being creative, consistent, willing to connect with viewers even on your off-cam time are coveted skills there. There's more emphasis on personal connection VS just banging away at yourself with toys then having the guys move on afterwards (Which is what I prefer lol).

I will say this: MFC is the hardest cam site for first timers. I'd recommend chaturbate over MFC if you want to do a token site,get used to performing on cam with a bit more wiggle room in regards to camscore/ranking and then try MFC when you're more prepared.

Thank you

Upvote 0
Mfc is a site that requires you to hit the ground running. I dont think it's the best site to start with.... though some do ok. It's pretty unforgiving when u start out and it might be an idea to get ur feet wet on another social/tip based site if that's the kind of experience you are after.
Thank will take all advice on board

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Upvote 0
I started on MFC as my first site as a cam girl in December 2013 and I am an extrovert (ENFP). I found it hard and left once my new model status wore off and made Streamate my home for ages until around Jan 2016 when my ID expired and they took so long to reapprove me that I moved to Adultwork (I am in the UK). I am now camming on Adultwork, Streamate and last night for the first time since my newbie camgirl stage, returned to MFC under a new account. MFC was so much easier with all that experience under my belt (or boobs...).

I have only done one shift back on MFC but it was over seven hours and I may run for the hills screaming again, but I wholeheartedly recommend you try somewhere like Streamate first if you are brand new to camming then read forums on MFC before broadcasting. Even with that experience behind me, I found MFC mind boggling after a break. There was so much going on.

That said, don't procrastinate when it comes to streaming on MFC either. If you have the time cleared in your schedule to take advantage of the new model bump and are feeling reasonably OK about how it works, just do it.

Reactions: Toya uk
Upvote 0
I say do both! I don't think it's the wisest thing to limit yourself to one site when you are new. Get lots of eggs in your basket.

Upvote 0
Thats so true going to do MFC Halloween gonna do a theme lol wish me luck 🎃🕷🕸🤣🙂
Hey just wondering how you're doing since you started on MFC ? Any updates on your experience ?
I'm in a lurch on my camroom on MFC... feel like I wasted my New Model Status and can't quite shake that damper on my momentum. I'm super motivated , willing to cam daily ... but wow it's exhausting to make 3$ an hour after camming for 6 hours , you know. I never say anything like to this to the member on my site and finally have come to forums for some model support. Probably should have started my own thread lol.

Upvote 0
IT's best to go to mfc prepared, have a plan A and B and Y. I think mfc doesn't forgive idle sitting around and lowers your camscore, which is a b*ch. I tried camming both ways: doing hours and doing short energetic appearances on mfc. Short appearances worked way better. You appear online bringing energy and then see how it goes. If room responds well - stay longer. If the room is dead - it's just a waste, better take a break and log in later again with a strong start.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.