AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Smoothies anyone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2015
Hi,

I feel like my body isn't doing so great and I'm looking to start making my own smoothies to get that nutrient burst--I'm looking for ideas on how to do this. I'm not a real athlete (I am a vegan that doesn't eat a lot) so I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions, recipes, suggestions, good advice. I looked on the forum for "smoothies" and found a few posts, but just hoping for something to get me started--i know this isn't rocket science, but just looking for good ideas.

The blender I have in mind is a Blendtec Total Blender (I figure it's cheaper to buy my own blender and ingredients than going to the smoothie store)

http://www.blendtec.com/blenders/to...econditioned?gclid=CN_1pY-ukswCFRY7gQod0IQERg

I was thinking about using this to meet my protein requirements:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B002J0RG2O&linkCode=as2&tag=nomeaath-20

Any other useful advice, constructive criticism, recipes, help, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

It's officially smoothies season here (we hit 77F yesterday) :D For me, smoothies are a way to satisfy my sweet tooth, so mine are mostly fruit based. That being said, some of what I do *may* be of use to you.

Blender: I have a Ninja, and can recommend it highly. I have the lowest end model, came with a food chopper and a blender jar (each with their own blades), with a power pod that works on both. It was $39.95 (still the same price today), and after 5 years, still going strong. They have several models from $99.99 - $199.99 that they market specifically for smoothies/juicing (not technically a juicer, though) with more accessories/attachments. You might want to check them out.

Ingredients: I've been doing this awhile, so I always have stuff ready to go in the freezer. Frozen bananas, peaches, berries, apples, etc. I have a foodsaver, but zip locks will do in a pinch. To save money, I'll by a little extra when stuff I like is on sale. What I can't eat before it starts to go, I'll freeze. It takes a little effort, but peel/cut up, portion and freezing doesn't really take too much time. It's a big timesaver when you want a smoothie. I usually add OJ or some kind of fruit juice to mine and you can also freeze the juice in ice cube trays, store in freezer bags until ready to use. This is A LOT better than using ice cubes.

Most times, I'll add in a container of yogurt. That adds a nice creaminess to your smoothie. If you are vegan. a banana is a great substitute.

Since it looks like you are going for nutrition/meal replacement, I'll give the following advice: for your 1st attempts, make *small* batches. I've seen many friends try the smoothie/juicing thing, and drop it after a short time. They spent a ton of money on equipment, some only bought organic veg, etc, and made full blender jars of stuff they just didn't like. Just be prepared to experiment. It doesn't matter how "healthy" something is, it won't do you any good if it gets poured down the drain.

As far as protein powder, I had an idea for a substitute: Beans! No, I'm not suggesting that you whip up a banana and chili bean smoothie, but cooked, unseasoned beans are pretty bland. I would try white beans, myself. With beans, you would get a big boost of protein AND fiber. How about adding in some (1/4 cup or so) of cooked quinoa (one of my favorite grains)? Quinoa is also pretty neutral tasting. Boy, that would up your nutrient value a ton, *and* would be more "natural" than any protein powder you can buy! Just a thought ;)

Looks like I wasn't alone on the bean idea: https://fullplateliving.org/blog/se...e-high-fiber-and-protein-rich-breakfast-treat

Even though I said I make mine for my sweet tooth, I think mine are pretty "healthy". Mine are made with whole fruit (apples & peaches w/skin on), low fat yogurt, sometimes nuts, and it's rare if I need to add a sweetener. I surely think there is a balance between health/nutrition and something that tastes good!

Good luck!

Last edited:
If you're seriously looking for a nutritional boost, the best way to go about that imo is to juice as oppose to sugar packed fruit smoothies. Juicing is amazing ^_^

This is a good place to start: https://juicerecipes.com/juicing/

Best of luck!

If you're seriously looking for a nutritional boost, the best way to go about that imo is to juice as oppose to sugar packed fruit smoothies. Juicing is amazing ^_^

This is a good place to start: https://juicerecipes.com/juicing/

Best of luck!

I love smoothies, both fruit and green! I try to stick with all natural products and most often use use banana as my main sweetener. You can also try smoothie bowls! Just use less liquid than you would in a smoothie and it becomes an ice-cream like texture. You can add different toppings like nuts, seeds, and fruits.

While the sugar content of sweet fruits are not a health concern for most people, juices made with sweet fruits or sugar-rich vegetables (carrots, beets) can essentially become a concentrated sweetener. Green smoothies, on the other hand, are loaded with fiber which slows sugar absorption to a healthy level.

• Helpful!
Reactions: n_i_c_u
Hi,

I feel like my body isn't doing so great and I'm looking to start making my own smoothies to get that nutrient burst--I'm looking for ideas on how to do this. I'm not a real athlete (I am a vegan that doesn't eat a lot) so I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions, recipes, suggestions, good advice. I looked on the forum for "smoothies" and found a few posts, but just hoping for something to get me started--i know this isn't rocket science, but just looking for good ideas.

The blender I have in mind is a Blendtec Total Blender (I figure it's cheaper to buy my own blender and ingredients than going to the smoothie store)

http://www.blendtec.com/blenders/to...econditioned?gclid=CN_1pY-ukswCFRY7gQod0IQERg

I was thinking about using this to meet my protein requirements:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B002J0RG2O&linkCode=as2&tag=nomeaath-20

Any other useful advice, constructive criticism, recipes, help, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!
I have that blender!

My favorite smoothies usually include strawberries, banana and pineapple, plus some Greek yogurt for creaminess and some protein, with a small splash of milk or juice. Frozen blueberries when I have some on hand.

• Helpful!
Reactions: n_i_c_u and Gen
I'll be making some as soon as the weather warms up a bit over here.

The one I always make cos it's awesome, especially during the summer is with

2 apples
Handful of frozen blueberries
Handful of fresh strawberries
Slice of pineapple
Cup of pure apple juice
Cup of plain yogurt

It's good shit.

• Helpful!
I saw Juice being suggested further up, and I really wouldn't suggest it. It's actually WORSE for you than smoothies since all of the fiber has been removed during the juicing process. Even if you put a lot of fruit in your smoothies, it's going to cause less of a spike in blood sugar than juice because fiber slows the absorption of sugars. Just something to keep in mind!
Also, even as a vegan hitting your protein requirements is SUPER EASY. You don't really need to supplement protein powders unless you're looking to workout and build bulk. If you're eating enough calories, you're getting enough protein (seriously, it's everywhere, beans, spinach, broccoli, kale, nuts. The "but where will you get your protein?!?!?!" argument about vegetarians/vegans is bunk.).

I have at least one smoothie a day and my base for a smoothie is always unsweetened cashew milk and 1 frozen banana (wait until theyre ripe, peel and chop into quarters and freeze). The banana adds sweetness and it having been frozen will make the smoothie super creamy. After that I usually add whatever fruit/veggies I have on hand. Some of my favorite combos:
Pineapple & fresh mint
oranges, mango & ginger
blackberry & cucumber
raspberries & basil
extra frozen banana, unsweetened cocoa powder & peanut butter

I also always add a handful of greens to mine (spinach, kale, romaine, collards), I prefer it because it makes the smoothie more nutrient dense but I guess you can skip it if you have an aversion to green smoothies. It doesn't alter the flavor too much in my opinion, though.

I always add a little bit of protein powder to mine because I love smoothies but don't find them as filling without it.

Usually mine is:
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries/cherries
- 1/2 banana
- lots of ice (I like volume so this makes a bigger, thinner smoothie)
- 1/2 a scoop of protein powder
- handful of spinach
- a few pieces of whatever other frozen fruit I have (usually peaches, mango, or other berries)

@NoelleBright Pineapple & mint sounds amazing!!

Thank You Peoples! I want to give a "helpful" emote to everyone! It is a learning experience so I appreciate all the words. Don't stop with giving advice if you have any-everything is good and it's just another small adventure in trying to be healty (for this guy)--Every recipe or idea is something I can look to trying (maybe someone else too?).

Seriously, appreciating all the words on this page! Thank you thank you thank you!

Last edited:
Yay, smoothies! I haven't see this mentioned yet, have you ever tried adding hemp hearts to your smoothies? I'm lactose intolerant so I don't have the option of adding yogurt to my smoothies and replace it with hemp hearts or Chia seeds. They are packed with protein and good fats that keep me full after my smoothies, about one or two table spoons is a meals worth.

I find its really important to have dark green and orange fruits and vegetables as they are packed with good stuff, so I often add a handful of spinach and a mango to my smoothies. Lots of vitamin c and iron. n.n

When I'm trying to feed my sweet tooth I'll freeze some berries, bananas, and blend them up with chocolate soy milk, honey and hemp hearts- it comes out like ice cream!

Happy blending. :)

• Helpful!
I'd love to do this again too!! I tried juicing but the time it took to clean the juicer was too much for me. And the amount of fruits and veggies I had to get just for a glass of juice was crazy!! Good luck with finding some good smoothie recipes! I'll be creeping this post :haha:

• Helpful!
When I make smoothies I tend to vary it up a bit, but they all have some common base. I toss in a banana and a yogurt. Usually I put in a dollop of honey for an added sweetener, but once in a while just a bit of sugar instead. Then various frozen fruits; blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, mango, cherries. Whatever is on sale I tend to buy. The bigger bags of frozen mixed fruit is always on hand. Basically I fill up the blender from there.

Then for liquid most often I use a fruit juice (100% juice), or one of those water bottle powder mixes...or some time I'll just use wine.

The yogurt, fruit, juice, powder, wine...I try to make them all different just to get as much variety of flavors as I can. Rarely do I make a smoothie of one single fruit flavor.

• Helpful!
I throw some frozen berries (blueberries are my fav), half of a frozen green banana, celery, cucumber, quarter to half a lemon, wheatgrass powder, ice and whatever random green leafy vegetable I have on hand into the Vitamix and BAM..... There's breakfast.....

Just throw whatever goodies you have into the blender with ice. Maybe start with more fruits than veggies according to your palate. Experiment and have fun.

The Vitamix is the best blender btw........

• Helpful!
So you like your smoothies and juices? Here's the proper way to make them...using liquid nitrogen, a hydraulic press...and a flamethrower. :haha:

So you like your smoothies and juices? Here's the proper way to make them...using liquid nitrogen, a hydraulic press...and a flamethrower. :haha:

I love those videos - the guy cracks me up. "We must deal with it!" :giggle:

Edit: Can't believe I just said I loved videos of things being squished by a hydraulic press. Do I have too much spare time? Lol

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Green smoothies are my favorite! Mine usually consist of a handful of spinach or kale, coconut oil, ground flax, vegan yogurt & milk, a banana (peel and all), protein powder, and whatever frozen fruits I'm feeling that day. Then depending on which fruit, I'll add peanut butter, cardamom and ginger, cocoa powder, things like that for flavor.

I also love to make parfaits with overnight oats, a smoothie, and some granola on top. Easy peasy.

Holy shit, wine in a smoothie? @JerryBoBerry you just changed my life!

• Helpful!
Holy shit, wine in a smoothie? @JerryBoBerry you just changed my life!

Yep, first time I thought of it was when I had some wine from a local winery. They do fruit flavor wines (among regular varieties): blackberry, blueberry, cherry, peach, raspberry, strawberry, and seasonally cranberry. I thought why not add more fruit flavor to it instead of just adding water. Turns out it's really a good adult smoothie.
nodding.gif

• Helpful!
Have you seen the Netflix documentaries called "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead"? I only watched the 2nd one, but it was very inspiring. I started making smoothies last summer because of it, but I did stop during the winter since my favorite fruit was out of season.

The guy from the documentary has a website with a lot of smoothie recipes, and you can narrow them down by color. http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/category/smoothies/

Here's the first one if you don't have Netflix:

• Helpful!
and a flamethrower.

Ummmm, I put "flamethrower" on my Amazon wish list (we'll see if anyone is selling one soon), but I have my Blendtec coming to me in a few days. If that doesn't work out I will really try the method you suggested.

Not that anyone gives a shit, but I will be trying all the advice here on the board when I get my blender! Thank YOU ALLLLLLLL. It is sooo cool to get advice from people not on a blog or not on a distant webpage. YOU ALL RULE! Thank you for your time!

I know you don't want to go to the smoothie store. My suggestion is go once just to get the menu, which lists everything they put in the smoothies. Then you can make them at home. :p

We had a Tropical Smoothie Cafe at a couple of the towns we lived in. My favorite was peanut butter and banana, and I'd add chocolate to it. They gave you a choice of whey or soy protein. You're vegan, so I don't think you'll go with whey (that's from milk), but for the information of others- if the whey protein is a bad batch, it can give you nosebleeds. So if you start getting nosebleeds randomly, that could be a cause.

I know you don't want to go to the smoothie store. My suggestion is go once just to get the menu, which lists everything they put in the smoothies. Then you can make them at home. :p

We had a Tropical Smoothie Cafe at a couple of the towns we lived in. My favorite was peanut butter and banana, and I'd add chocolate to it. They gave you a choice of whey or soy protein. You're vegan, so I don't think you'll go with whey (that's from milk), but for the information of others- if the whey protein is a bad batch, it can give you nosebleeds. So if you start getting nosebleeds randomly, that could be a cause.

You can always google the shop too, they might have an online menu for inspiration!!

Status
Not open for further replies.