AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Snapchat expectations

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Members How often do you expect a model to send a snap.

• 3+/day

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • daily

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • every other day

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • weekly

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't care.

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just sharing the experiences I've had. Some models are good at it & some bad. I suppose on the monthly basis I've had bad luck. i have had a model finally add me on the 8th & then stop on the 29th. And I have had some where it was between 200 and 666 per month and get maybe 1 pic every 3 days of their bedspread saying "be online in 15min"

One of the ones with a forever price, she posts at least 10 pics every day. Now who am i more likely to tip often?

I offer mine for 400 tokens "forever" now (as long as you don't disappear form my room forever and never tip again). I used to have it for 111 and then 333 per month. I find keeping track of members too annoying so I switched to the forever deal.

Sometimes I feel like I cannot offer as many sexy snaps to members as other models, seeing that my day-to-day life is working at the office first and then camming and going to bed. Obviously, I can be sexy only when camming and I don't lay around all day taking pics of my boobs (although I would LOVE to :D). So I try to snap as much as I can, 2-3 sexy pics per day and 2-3 "normal" pics of random stuff. I've only heard positive reviews so far from my snap friends so I guess I'm doing it right.
I do not use the chat feature, I find it annoying and intruding. If I wanted to be available 24/7, I would sell my phone number. But I must say that people who bought my Snapchat so far are very nice and considerate. No dick pics and no expectations of excessive chatting. :thumbleft:

I think Snapchat is a great way to connect with your viewers outside of your online time. It's fun for me, I like to show off and brag about stuff. :D I guess if it feels like work and like you HAVE to post boobs at least once a day, you will post less and less.

My current expectation is for every camgirl in the world to add me.

I finally hopped the snapchat wagon and downloaded the darn thing, as I've thought about purchasing a snapchat from a couple models. Right now, i'm getting use to sending snaps to friends who snap me.

My question is, what's the etiquette for members of sending snaps to models? Is it mostly a one-way street for models sending snaps to members without expecting reciprocal snaps?

Reactions: Yarrow and Falke
I try to snap at least 3 times a day--- but sometimes I snap as much as 10 times a day and on stressful days once or so. I try and take a goofy video every few days (my room is full of the goofy/sexy vibe), snaps of things I am doing, lots of shower snaps, and so on. I charge 333 tkns for 2 months and 888 tkns for a year (which I think is reasonable for a newer model). I really enjoy Snap Chat so far!

I let people snap me back whatever as long as it's not their dick. They can be shirtless, it can be their dog, their favorite painting, anything really- so far no one has stepped out of bounds with it. I also do the quick text chats with folks sometimes, now that I have upgraded to the newest version of SC. I like keeping mine interactive, but not going overboard. No one has abused this and people have all been really fun and cool with it. I love getting a peak into my rooms lives too!

mutantdonut said:
I finally hopped the snapchat wagon and downloaded the darn thing, as I've thought about purchasing a snapchat from a couple models. Right now, i'm getting use to sending snaps to friends who snap me.

My question is, what's the etiquette for members of sending snaps to models? Is it mostly a one-way street for models sending snaps to members without expecting reciprocal snaps?

I will second that question. It probably depends on the model and how many people she snaps with, but it would be neat to get a sense of how many and what types of snaps models like to receive.

Reactions: linuxlovah
I don't worry about it too much.

I charge 222 for 30 days of snapchat, but you can very often get deals for 1/2 off if you catch the right moment. 30 days is... loose, though. Of course, it's never less than that, but it's often longer than that. If I don't think I've been sending enough snaps, then I'll add time onto everyone's subscription. For instance I'm moving right now so I haven't been sending them, and of course people shouldn't have to pay for days that I'm not using it. I know it's a little arbitrary, but I think it's best to handle it on a case by case basis. I get a lot of renewals so I think people are fine with it. :)

Falke said:
mutantdonut said:

I will second that question. It probably depends on the model and how many people she snaps with, but it would be neat to get a sense of how many and what types of snaps models like to receive.

I love getting SnapChats from members! I don't ban for dick snapchats, but I definitely don't look at them or do dirty talk about them (I say this because a member once bought my snapchat, sent me a dick pic and then PMd me "Do you like that cock? Tell me what you'd do with my throbbing cock..." blah blah blah.) Attempting dirty talk about your dick or pictures I send out loses SnapChat permanently.

Send me pictures of your food, your pets, you, the weather, whatever! I love getting snapchats and I actually get a little sad that I don't very often!

Falke said:
mutantdonut said:

I wish more members would send me pictures! I like it as a two-way street, makes it more interactive & just like members like seeing models in their downtime, I like seeing members like that! I'm not a fan of dirty snaps or dick pics but selfies, pets, funny things, whatever. I really like getting them.

Ok so if you're a member buying snapchat from a girl for the first time, maybe a good idea would be to send a mail or message that says

"hey! I'm really interested in buying your snapchat! I know girls use snapchat differently on mfc so I had a couple questions if you don't mind. I was wondering:

-Roughly how many snaps you send per day/week
-what kind of snaps you send? Are they sexy/silly/every day stuff?
-Do you send them as individual snaps? -Do you post them to your story? Or both?
-does it restart every 30 days or at the start of a new month?
-What does 'forever' mean? Does that mean i have to stay active in your room to keep it?
-Is it ok for me to screenshot them?
-Do you like to get snaps in return from members? If yes, what about naughty ones?
-Do you use the chat feature at all?

Thanks!"

Obviously some questions might not apply depending on what the girl is offering.

I think it's probly a good idea for girls to cover these questions regularly in their room or on their advertisement for snapchat.

Interestingly there are a couple of members who can't handle seeing my nakie pics. So i ..skip their n ames on the list.

Evelyn said:
I offer mine for 400 tokens "forever" now (as long as you don't disappear form my room forever and never tip again). I used to have it for 111 and then 333 per month. I find keeping track of members too annoying so I switched to the forever deal.

Sometimes I feel like I cannot offer as many sexy snaps to members as other models, seeing that my day-to-day life is working at the office first and then camming and going to bed. Obviously, I can be sexy only when camming and I don't lay around all day taking pics of my boobs (although I would LOVE to :D). So I try to snap as much as I can, 2-3 sexy pics per day and 2-3 "normal" pics of random stuff. I've only heard positive reviews so far from my snap friends so I guess I'm doing it right.
I do not use the chat feature, I find it annoying and intruding. If I wanted to be available 24/7, I would sell my phone number. But I must say that people who bought my Snapchat so far are very nice and considerate. No dick pics and no expectations of excessive chatting. :thumbleft:

I think Snapchat is a great way to connect with your viewers outside of your online time. It's fun for me, I like to show off and brag about stuff. :D I guess if it feels like work and like you HAVE to post boobs at least once a day, you will post less and less.

Thank you. This is one of the sanest & most grounded posts i've read.

Personally having been on the end of managing twitters & shapchats for models the sheer tedium of having to keep track of everyone on a monthly basis is staggering. Work it on a 1st of the month to 1st of the month basis? then you gotta charge someone less if they join on the 10th or the 20th. If you go on month to month based on the date they signed up then you can have hundreds of people you need to keep track of.
Things like snapchat (or pic sets or videos) are the gift that keeps on giving. You spend some time making a video once & you can sell it forever.

So In your case 400tkns translates to roughly $40 spent by the client which is $20 to you. I'm happy with just 1 pic a day and as I said it can be your cat or dog or whatever, it's something that further ingratiates the model to the client. And people will talk about you and relate to others what a good deal it is and how you are such a nice girl & different from the others etc and you'll get more & more who sign up.

The ones who charge 666 on a monthly basis who add you late & stop early and send 1 bs pic every 4 days saying "online in 15min" are always gonna wonder why they don't do better, why their room count is down & how else to guilt their whale into a big wishlist purchase

Reactions: Alisa
Evelyn said:

Evelyn you're being way too modest. Your snaps are *consistent* you always send roughly the same amount per week and they are gorgeous. The work ones are cute, and the sexy ones are staggeringly beautiful. Some of them are like shit i would frame and put on my wall.

Ya'll should get her snaps. Is all I'm saying.

SexyStephXS said:
I love getting SnapChats from members! I don't ban for dick snapchats, but I definitely don't look at them or do dirty talk about them (I say this because a member once bought my snapchat, sent me a dick pic and then PMd me "Do you like that cock? Tell me what you'd do with my throbbing cock..." blah blah blah.) Attempting dirty talk about your dick or pictures I send out loses SnapChat permanently.

Send me pictures of your food, your pets, you, the weather, whatever! I love getting snapchats and I actually get a little sad that I don't very often!

GenXoxo said:
I wish more members would send me pictures! I like it as a two-way street, makes it more interactive & just like members like seeing models in their downtime, I like seeing members like that! I'm not a fan of dirty snaps or dick pics but selfies, pets, funny things, whatever. I really like getting them.

Thanks for the answers. I agree that the interaction away from the chat room is really fun. I've actually started to top the model offline much more since we both got SnapChat, because the interactions do create a bit more of a connection and I felt like I should show the appreciation some way. She's gotten her share of pictures of my cat, food, silly things, and clothed selfies (well, maybe a few shirtless).

Reactions: Gen
Falke said:
Thanks for the answers. I agree that the interaction away from the chat room is really fun. I've actually started to top the model offline much more since we both got SnapChat, because the interactions do create a bit more of a connection and I felt like I should show the appreciation some way. She's gotten her share of pictures of my cat, food, silly things, and clothed selfies (well, maybe a few shirtless).

I love getting snaps from members! chat feature sparingly - but yes! as long as they dont make me feel obligated to respond/carry on a convo. Its good for short notes though.

Love seeing faces, smiles, workplaces/houses. Places they live..especially if they live outside the US or places i havent been. Pets always! Only thing i can't stomach is pics of meat.. if the model is a vegetarian check before you send her pics of dead things!! Or hunting pictures.

I got one right now that sings (very well) to me while he drives for work. It make me smile every time.

Connections are awesome!

I'm probably one of those models who send too many sometimes. :oops: (It's almost 8PM and I've sent about 17 and will probably send a few more tonight.)

I charge 522 for 30 days and I make a point to send out plenty of pictures through out the day to make it worth it. Doing forever deals kinda freak me out, so I have never done them. What happens when a member stops coming to your room completely? I don't see him for a year but I'm still sending him snapchats? That's kinda weird. So I prefer doing monthly deals and every now and then I will sell it for 1/2 off!

:thumbleft:

KittyPurrz said:
What happens when a member stops coming to your room completely? I don't see him for a year but I'm still sending him snapchats? That's kinda weird. So I prefer doing monthly deals and every now and then I will sell it for 1/2 off!

I look at it like it really doesn't matter if he comes to the room or not.
Like it's just getting to be summer out now after a terrible winter. In the cold months maybe he had a lot more indoor time to come to your room, but now in summer he's spending all his time outside away from the pc.
You could message him & see whats new, ask if he still wants the snaps but why complicate it.
Just cause someones not in the room as often doesn't lessen the agreed upon transaction

Reactions: Violet October
If I didn't know better, I would assume that snapchat was just a way to send pictures of cats....because that is what i expect (since it's what I get) from models, members etc----so many cats.

This is a really interesting thread!

In the past three weeks since I got my puppy I haven't been snapping very much since I've been stressed and ignoring makeup and sexy clothes. It's nice to see that lots of guys don't need that to be happy with snapchats.

The Insider said:
KittyPurrz said:
What happens when a member stops coming to your room completely? I don't see him for a year but I'm still sending him snapchats? That's kinda weird. So I prefer doing monthly deals and every now and then I will sell it for 1/2 off!

I look at it like it really doesn't matter if he comes to the room or not.
Like it's just getting to be summer out now after a terrible winter. In the cold months maybe he had a lot more indoor time to come to your room, but now in summer he's spending all his time outside away from the pc.
You could message him & see whats new, ask if he still wants the snaps but why complicate it.
Just cause someones not in the room as often doesn't lessen the agreed upon transaction

I understand not wanting to send daily photos to someone who isn't around/tipping anymore. But a transaction is a transaction, and I'd personally hate to cancel something without asking the customer - unless they're an absolute asshole. Then I'd block them and all bets would be off.

Reactions: GweenBlack
I understand not wanting to send daily photos to someone who isn't around/tipping anymore. But a transaction is a transaction, and I'd personally hate to cancel something without asking the customer - unless they're an absolute asshole. Then I'd block them and all bets would be off.

Right. That's why I prefer to just not even dabble in the "forever" deals and keep a monthly fee. Just my personal preference. Maybe it hinders me from selling my Snapchat to some members. Who knows.

Reactions: spankamber
KittyPurrz said:

Right. That's why I prefer to just not even dabble in the "forever" deals and keep a monthly fee. Just my personal preference. Maybe it hinders me from selling my Snapchat to some members. Who knows.
I feel uneasy sending pictures which I find very personal to an empty silent name on my screen which never responds, never snaps back and has never talked to me outside of the tip note "for Snapchat".
Personally, I state on my profile that if the member does not hang out in my room or tip anything at least on a bi-weekly basis (in reality, I check things monthly because I forget it all the time), I have the right to remove them from my Snapchat list. But as long as they are regulars, they will stay on it forever. 400 tokens get you Snapchat, membership in my club, private priorities and the right to buy my XXX videos. I think it's still worth it.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Evelyn you're being way too modest. Your snaps are *consistent* you always send roughly the same amount per week and they are gorgeous. The work ones are cute, and the sexy ones are staggeringly beautiful. Some of them are like shit i would frame and put on my wall.

Ya'll should get her snaps. Is all I'm saying.
You make me blush so hard! Thank you! :D

Also, yes, you should all get my Snapchat and send me cat and dog pictures. I live through the snaps with pets because I'm not allowed to have any in my apartment!

Violet October said:
This is a really interesting thread!

I agree. If someone is stating "400tkns for lifetime snapchat" that's pretty cut & dried. But if there are other unstated elements to it then they should be revealed like "400tkns for lifetime shapchat but you also have to visit my room once a week & say/tip something"

The way I approach things from my end of the biz is once you have the customer you don't do anything to alienate him or drive him away where he spends his $ on someone else

Evelyn said:
I feel uneasy sending pictures which I find very personal to an empty silent name on my screen which never responds, never snaps back and has never talked to me outside of the tip note "for Snapchat".
Personally, I state on my profile that if the member does not hang out in my room or tip anything at least on a bi-weekly basis (in reality, I check things monthly because I forget it all the time), I have the right to remove them from my Snapchat list. But as long as they are regulars, they will stay on it forever. 400 tokens get you Snapchat, membership in my club, private priorities and the right to buy my XXX videos. I think it's still worth it.

This is good because at least you are telling them about those usually unspoken things. You could even take things a step further, where lets say a regular hasn't been in your room for a month, email them first & ask whats up. Maybe the guys is ill, maybe he's spent all his $ trying to win a date raffle or who knows what. But that little extra oomph of you emailing & asking generates a lot of good will

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Ok so question for the members who like SnapChat!
I've been thinking about trying it out, would probably play around with other models first just to see if it's something I would even want to keep using before I offer it. I know for certain it would be a forever thing but here's my question.

Of what importance is it to you as a member to be able to return snaps? This is the biggest thing holding me back is feeling like I would be overwhelmed by snapbacks or whatever they are called.
What would be your opinion if a model politely requested that snap chat be a one way street?

JoleneBrody said:
I've been thinking about trying it out, would probably play around with other models first just to see if it's something I would even want to keep using before I offer it. I know for certain it would be a forever thing but here's my question.

Of what importance is it to you as a member to be able to return snaps? This is the biggest thing holding me back is feeling like I would be overwhelmed by snapbacks or whatever they are called.
What would be your opinion if a model politely requested that snap chat be a one way street?

For me, it wouldn't matter. I don't snap much anyways. When I would, I would just have to remember not to include you, and you would have to remember not to look at My Story. I tend to send direct snaps and post to the storyboard.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
DuoShi said:
JoleneBrody said:

For me, it wouldn't matter. I don't snap much anyways. When I would, I would just have to remember not to include you, and you would have to remember not to look at My Story. I tend to send direct snaps and post to the storyboard.
Hahaha I've never used it before so this is all a foreign language to me still!
I'll clarify that I'm not afraid of snaps, I just don't want to encourage it. So like, if it happened it wouldn't be a big deal and I would probably look at peoples stories I would just throw it out there as a way to avoid people joining with the intention of flooding my life with pictures.

Reactions: DuoShi
JoleneBrody said:
DuoShi said:
JoleneBrody said:

I'll clarify that I'm not afraid of snaps, I just don't want to encourage it. So like, if it happened it wouldn't be a big deal and I would probably look at peoples stories I would just throw it out there as a way to avoid people joining with the intention of flooding my life with pictures.

I can't say for certain, since I'm not a model, but it seems like many of the members you get to join your snapchat don't snap much.

JoleneBrody said:

I don't think snapbacks would be that big of deal to me b/c of main frustration with snapchat -- it's notifications never do anything more than silently pop up a banner, so I never realize there are new snaps until hours later, at which point it's usually too late to respond anyway. And looking at it now, I think the new My Story feature doesn't even alert as I have a ton of snaps from a friend that I didn't even realize I had.

Making it forever is a good idea b/c the monthly re-adding was confusing to me. Basically, the app's design and usability befuddles me and makes me feel old.

That said, I'm assuming it would be a good tool for sending group images and videos vs kik, so that would be cool.

JoleneBrody said:

Only speaking for myself, I would think it would only be slightly disappointing. Only because, you and I have been friends for quite some time. (Slingblade Carl is a huge fan of yours! ;) ) And also because I've learned (and respect) what you do and do not, appreciate...when it comes to friends interacting with you. Be it on twitter, tumblr, here, or in your camroom.

If you do decide to accept snapbacks, both new and old friends will have to adhere to the "no dick pics or fapping" snapbacks, or anything else you would consider uncomfortable to you. Whether you decide to accept snapbacks or not, I feel this falls under the "your room, your rules" clause and I would respect it! :handgestures-salute: And I would be very interested in participating!

my :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: linuxlovah
JoleneBrody said:
DuoShi said:
JoleneBrody said:

Honestly I don't get that many direct Snaps. Most of the ones I do get come from models, actually!

One of my only rules for Snapchat is "don't use it as a texting service"-- basically, it's cool to snap me funny, interesting, or sexy things, but any snap that just says "what's up" is not allowed. At the end of the day Snapchat is mainly for me to send pics to members. I feel like clarifying that may really cut back on overwhelmingness.

JoleneBrody said:

I would equate it to pm's while camming. If you are putting on a show & there's 100 pm's waiting for you obviously you can't answer them all. The ones from people you know the best you'll open up & read, you'll try to get to a few more but if you don't it's no big deal. It's only gonna matter to the small handful who think their every word is manna from heaven and how dare you ignore their pm. Insta ban.

If I get a snap of a cat (real cat) I send back a pic of mine, i never check to see if they opened or read it though. And If I get a diff kinda snap I never ever send a dick pick

AedanRayne said:
I'm curious -

1. What do members consider a reasonable monthly price?
2. What do members consider a reasonable lifetime price? (please keep in mind this is lifetime and many expect at least one Snap per day)

Thank you :)

Going by my philosophy of making it as easy as possible for customers to spend their $ with you I'd try it like this.
Start off with a new to shapchat sale, 1 month = 200tkns, because 200 is the smallest package and it's easy to justify spending $20 on an unknown.
After a month maybe you have 50 people, it looks like it's going well, so you raise it BUT you tell those original 50 they can still keep the 200tkn per month for 2 more months but after that they'll be raised to your new price of lets say 300. So you've made those orig 50 feel special, they like you more, you are one of those good regular kinda girls they like and they'll likely stick with you.
When it's raised to 300tkns people either need to buy 2x200 packages or 1 500tkn package, and what are they likely to do with the leftover tokens? Tip them to you.

For lifetime you can do more or less the same, begin at 500tkns , always min 1 pic a day but if you find yourself really excelling at it and sending lots of pics you can always raise it. 666 is the most I spent on a monthly and that one blew but If i really knew the model well (and esp if she's furthering her education or a single mother) I'd go 1000 for a lifetime, but that'd be pretty damn rare

Status
Not open for further replies.