AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So called helpers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SavannahMai

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 27, 2014
London, UK
Has anyone had a premium pop in called sosexy_2010? She/He/They claim to be a helper to models with low camscores, how this person knew my camscore was low i have no idea as i have it hidden! Has anyone else had this person pop in? Clearly a fake as i left a wall comment and was promptly deleted!

SavannahMai said:
Has anyone had a premium pop in called sosexy_2010? She/He/They claim to be a helper to models with low camscores, how this person knew my camscore was low i have no idea as i have it hidden! Has anyone else had this person pop in? Clearly a fake as i left a wall comment and was promptly deleted!
It's obvious if a girl has a low cam score if they are at the bottom of the model listing. Hiding a camscore doesn't change the fact that it decides your placement on the homepage.

Anywho, never trust anyone coming in saying they'll help you do this, that or the other thing. They're always scammers, idiots, or weirdos.

Very much doubt he's an expert but he can probably guage what your camscore is based on the models around you on the homepage. Even if yours is hidden if the girl to your left has a camscore of say, 2500 and the girl to the right has a camscore of 2400, it's not too hard to deduce that yours falls between 2400 and 2500.

mynameisbob84 said:
Very much doubt he's an expert but he can probably guage what your camscore is based on the models around you on the homepage. Even if yours is hidden if the girl to your left has a camscore of say, 2500 and the girl to the right has a camscore of 2400, it's not too hard to deduce that yours falls between 2400 and 2500.
True, but I assume most models are thinking that members won't bother to do simple arithmetic. :D

I know of this SoSexy_2010 person and she sends the same copy and pasted MFC emails to all new models. The worst members for doing this (I will help you make money) are ScottWilliams and Mr Magic.

Scott Williams sends the same copy & pasted email to every new model from info he has just picked up from watching models over the last few years, if any new model gets sucked into he's charm he then encourages new models to set up fake raffles & competitions where he's the winner. This guy comes across as very nice & helpful but is a right scammer.

Mr Magic is an old guy who prays on young new vulnerable models old enough to be his grand daughter claiming he has a friend in the USA who is mentoring models, helping them set up business plans and he is enrolling the same plan for models in the UK. Acts like some kind of pimp controlling young new models.

I have never made it a secret that I tend to stay with the new and low camscore models. Again..more "bang for your buck". I have noticed that many times the new models tend to cater to these so-called helpers far too long. While these helpers or white knights <does that term apply here?> the model isnt paying attention to anyone else. Including those who are actually asking business questions: how more for this or that? What will you do in pvt or group? I have even called the model out on this telling her not to let being new and nervous stop her from earning some money now..while continuing to learn as she goes. I have called the "helper" out on the advice with no tips. I get a response like "advice now..tokens later". How much later...a 600 camscore later, where it is near impossible to recover? I guess thats the only advice I have for new models. Come ready to start earning...you can figure it out as ya go. There are only 3 things needed for a pvt show...the ability to read, the willingness to do as requested <or at least good communication on your unwillingness to do it> and a good camera angle and lighting...no technical stuff required.

A little off topic..I know. But so was the whole "hiding of the camscore" convo!!

NaughtyMommy8 said:
she messaged me and stuff and wanted to skype to try and help me...I was like uhh no thanks...I know I can get all the help I need but Im pretty sure I can find help without having to skype and they dont even want you to see them through skype and never turn their webcam on
Definitely a guy.

Nordling said:
eclipse76 said:
Ha yeah for the profile page, but I mean in the actual menu on the homepage.
Same thing. I've noticed that more and more models are hiding their cam scores, which includes the small bio menu on the home page. So, yeah, they can.

Even if you hide it on you mfc profile it can still be seen in public chat. For instance if I am hanging out in Ginger Meadows room while she is live I can click on my name in her list of who is in the room and my basic info comes up including camscore right under my avatar. It is also possible for a member who clicks on my name while I am live in my own chatroom or another models. Even if when you go to my homepage it is hidden. Personally I hide all that stuff for aesthetic reasons I just like the way my profile looks without all the extra stuff. Of all though it doesnt take much as most of you said to just see where you are placed in reference to the MFC homepage and figure out were ur camscore falls.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
AliceLane, I think you're referring to hiding it via HTML/CSS the way you used to have to. It would still show up on the main page and in your mini-bio popup. However, it is now an option under Model Settings. And it's hidden all around. Of course, the tiniest bit of common sense tells viewers what your CS is.

mynameisbob84 said:

Attachments

• cs.jpg
    cs.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 172
I_Am_Iris said:
AliceLane, I think you're referring to hiding it via HTML/CSS the way you used to have to. It would still show up on the main page and in your mini-bio popup. However, it is now an option under Model Settings. And it's hidden all around. Of course, the tiniest bit of common sense tells viewers what your CS is.

mynameisbob84 said:

Ahhh I see I see I had no idea they did that. When did they add that? No point in hiding it all around really. Not sure why MFC would waste their time adding that feature when there are a million other thing they could be working on. I say that because hidden or not camscore is everything on MFC and your placement hidden or not. Just seems like a pointless feature.

Same person inboxed me as well.. thought there was something funny abput it. Glad to know im not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.