AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SO MANY QUESTIONS. Halp.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2013
I was on reddit and ended up reading Amber's thread...I messaged her and she linked me to here! She's awesome.

So...I've been lurking on MFC and...I want to do this...I'm dying to do it, because I believe I will have time to pursue my true passions. However, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Here's the question, ladies:

What...how...does a private show work.
How do I keep a successful camscore at first and not ruin it?
Is there MFC jargon I should recognize?
It's okay if I don't want to do anal right?
Is it possible to eventually make a living doing this? (For awhile, until real career picks up)
If someone's being creepy or I'm uncomfortable can I ban them?
I heard the best camera is the logitech 9000...true? I have a little netbook so I want to level up.

Thank you, thank you so much...after reading these forums I am so happy this community is full of amazing, quirky, beautiful, smart as hell ladies. I hope to join you all :) :)
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Hi pinkalice! :hello2:
welcome to the best (in my opinion) forum on the internet :dance:
I think you'll find that most, if not all, of the replies you'll get will point you in the direction of the search function. Generally, it is recommended that you use the search function before posting a new thread of questions...because all of those questions have already been asked and answered and discussed at length before. Also, several of your questions are answered on the MFC wiki page which you can easily locate by typing in "MFC rules" or something similar into Google.
There is a wealth of information on these forums - so brew some coffee, get comfy, and enjoy the discovery of camland!

emptiedglass said:
There's also a ton of helpful information in the models-only section. You'll probably want to get verified by Amber in order to gain access.
Silly, she's not a model yet. ;)

I am going to answer these as if you're just asking about MFC, maybe others will give their insight about other cam sites if you're interested in others.

What...how...does a private show work.
You'll be taken to a private chat window where only you and the member taking you private can chat. He/she pays per minute to watch you do whatever it is that you planned on doing during the private show. A lot of models discuss in a private message (PM) beforehand what will be expected, and others just do whatever makes them feel sexy. It is really common to masturbate during these shows.

How do I keep a successful camscore at first and not ruin it?
Plan ahead and make the most of your first 10 hours on cam. Camscore goes up when you make a lot of tokens per hour, and down if you make less tokens per hour. Make a good first impression and try to entice people to see you the next time you're on cam. Have a schedule set up ahead of time when you know you can be on.

Is there MFC jargon I should recognize?
There's a learning curve to the chat on the site, you'll just have to pick it up as you go along. I'd suggest spending a hefty amount of time watching other girls on cam before you ever do it. You'll pick up at least on some of it that way.

It's okay if I don't want to do anal right?
It's perfectly fine. You'll have to deny requests for it constantly, but that's ok.

Is it possible to eventually make a living doing this? (For awhile, until real career picks up)
First and foremost, this is a "real" job. You earn money for your time and effort, therefore it's REAL. It's just a bit more taboo and not as "normal" as say, being a cashier or a waitress or a dental assistant. Feel me?

And yes, it's more than possible to make a living off of it, but you have to work hard and actually be great at it. It's not for everyone.

If someone's being creepy or I'm uncomfortable can I ban them?
You can ban anyone you want.

I heard the best camera is the logitech 9000...true? I have a little netbook so I want to level up.
A netbook isn't going to be the best for you. If you don't have a desktop PC or a regular sized laptop, you may want to wait until you do. The most popular and best cams right now are Logitechs. I still use the 9000 even though the C910/C920 are the newer HD versions. They are all great options.

Aside from watching as a guest (or better yet, sign up as a premium) to see what other girls are doing, also read this http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Main_Page when you have a moment.

AmberCutie said:
emptiedglass said:
There's also a ton of helpful information in the models-only section. You'll probably want to get verified by Amber in order to gain access.

Ah, but she's all set to sign up. She could still get model status here before her first broadcast.

emptiedglass said:
AmberCutie said:
emptiedglass said:

Ah, but she's all set to sign up. She could still get model status here before her first broadcast.
I believe this is a wise course of action.

Evvie said:
emptiedglass said:
AmberCutie said:
emptiedglass said:

I believe this is a wise course of action.
Yup, for brand new models, MFC mailing me once their Profile is visible and posting a pic in the Additional Model Verification thread will do the trick.

But it sounded to me like she wasn't completely ready to take the plunge yet, so we will see!

Status
Not open for further replies.