AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So you think YOU hate spiders?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schlmoe

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jun 3, 2011
from around the world and up your neighborhood...y
twitter.com
Twitter Username
@Faux_Schlmoe
MFC Username
SchhhhhhhhMOE
Get a load of this guy:

If Eiliya Maida thought he hated spiders before, imagine how he must feel now. The California man accidentally set his house on fire while using a blowtorch to clear spider webs out of his backyard.
The Chico Enterprise Record reports that dry plants in Maida's backyard ignited as he was attempting to burn the webs. The plant fire then spread to the house, starting an attic fire. Maida was apparently unaware of starting the house fire until his brother-in-law George Basbous noticed the blaze.
"And that's when I went crazy," Basbous said.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/ma ... 15257.html

Reactions: emptiedglass
DAMN!!! What happened with that guy SUCKS. I'm honestly not being a smart-ass when I say this, but I imagine that he now gets a lot of comments like "Damn, all of that just because of some spiders?! What are you, a girl?!"

I HATE spiders. My grandparents get these 'thousand-leggers' in their house during the summer time, so now I'm scared every time I go into the kitchen/living room/dining room/bedrooms downstairs. I walked into their dining room once, turned on the light, and shrieked when I saw 4 - 5 thousand-leggers crawling super-fast on the carpet. :shock: I HATE those things.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning to sleepily visit tinkle town. As I sat down, I had this awful mental vision of a GIANT spider hanging from a web inside the pot. I had to do this sort of meditative mantra to myself to convince my brain that it was just in sleep-mode still and imagining things to calm myself down in order to start the tinkle process.

I'd say that spiders have way too much hold on my scaredy-cat brain sometimes.

I've never seen a 'thousand legger' before, but I googled it and didn't have the usual adverse reaction that I do with spider pictures, so maybe they'd make me jump, but not infect my nightmares like spiders do. Still very creepy looking, though.

The_Brown_Fox said:
I HATE spiders. My grandparents get these 'thousand-leggers' in their house during the summer time, so now I'm scared every time I go into the kitchen/living room/dining room/bedrooms downstairs. I walked into their dining room once, turned on the light, and shrieked when I saw 4 - 5 thousand-leggers crawling super-fast on the carpet. :shock: I HATE those things.

Thousand leggers hunt and eat spiders, though!

I never used to be very afraid of spiders but I got bitten by a brown recluse on my foot when I was 20 and now I'm absolutely terrified. My bite wasn't THAT bad (TMI!) as I didn't get tissue necrosis but I had pain/nausea and some of the most horrible blistering my doctor had ever seen. I couldn't work because I couldn't even get my foot into a shoe the blisters protruded so much. I was lucky because for some people it gets really nasty. It was just gross and extremely inconvenient for me and now I have a weird scar.

I just finished setting up spider traps in my basement.
My cam room is down there and they have been SO BAD the last few weeks. Every single day I'm having to kill at least a few before I get on cam. It's making me terrified!
They are mostly just those big brown house spiders but the other day I killed a very large brown Recluse. Their aren't a lot of them where I live but their are some.

I can't cam anywhere else right now so I hope these traps work.

Reactions: LadyLuna
mynameisbob84 said:
No no no no no no no no no no no no no. Do not want. No!

I lol'd

"I TOLD you not to play with the spider~!"

I can deal with spiders in the US, probably because of my childhood. I saw huge spiders in my backyard all the damn time and I just left them alone. If there's a spider in my house/territory, then it must die. Them's the rules.

But spiders anywhere else (including Australia), just fuck that.

In defence of the above, I once spent close to half an hour trying to coax a bee out the window with a tennis racquet. Eventually I had to kill it with deodorant :(

We're pretty lucky in the UK in that we don't generally get mahoosive spiders. Also, our spiders, while technically poisonous, don't have the fangs to break human skin so are harmless.
The spiders you guys get in the US, and (even moreso) in Australia... if I ever came across one, I'd almost certainly poop :?

AmberCutie said:
I woke up at 5:30 this morning to sleepily visit tinkle town. As I sat down, I had this awful mental vision of a GIANT spider hanging from a web inside the pot. I had to do this sort of meditative mantra to myself to convince my brain that it was just in sleep-mode still and imagining things to calm myself down in order to start the tinkle process.

This. I do this shit to myself all the time and I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! It's not just spiders, it's whatever my sleepy brain randomly lands on and then I'm trapped in a land of "what ifs".

I don't have any particular fear of spiders, my husband loves spiders so we always rescue them instead of squashing them. :)

mynameisbob84 said:
In defence of the above, I once spent close to half an hour trying to coax a bee out the window with a tennis racquet. Eventually I had to kill it with deodorant :(

We're pretty lucky in the UK in that we don't generally get mahoosive spiders. Also, our spiders, while technically poisonous, don't have the fangs to break human skin so are harmless.
The spiders you guys get in the US, and (even moreso) in Australia... if I ever came across one, I'd almost certainly poop :?

Brb moving to UK.

Reactions: LadyLuna
KayleePond said:
AmberCutie said:

This. I do this shit to myself all the time and I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! It's not just spiders, it's whatever my sleepy brain randomly lands on and then I'm trapped in a land of "what ifs".

I don't have any particular fear of spiders, my husband loves spiders so we always rescue them instead of squashing them. :)
Well come on over! You can rescue an entire spider ranch in my basement! Just bring a lasso, they get big. ;)

Reactions: KayleePond
NoelleBright said:

I hate them all...lol. I was in my grandmom's kitchen once, and saw a thousand-legger ON TOP OF another thousand-legger. YIKES! and LOL! at the same time.

4c8b3bf7cf25bd5b0be67e7ac15998ca.jpg

NoelleBright said:
I got bitten by a brown recluse on my foot when I was 20 and now I'm absolutely terrified.

OMG, I can only imagine! :shock: :(

mynameisbob84 said:

LOL.

I think I've sprayed water...bleach water...air freshener...etc. (oh yeah, can't forget Raid) to get a bug on the ceiling to fall down onto a huge sheet of cardboard paper. :lol:

The problem with using a broom is that the spider just ends up caught somewhere in the dark "bristles" of the broom, so now you've gotta shake it 'til it falls out...lol.

Reactions: Nordling
NoelleBright said:
Ok I've decided I like them, then. :thumbleft:

AmberCutie said:
NoelleBright said:

I moved into a really run down old house with an overgrown back yard. One of the first things I did was kill off this little black house spider that was living over the kitchen window. Which was the biggest mistake ever.

From the next day and for about the next 3 weeks I have huntsman all over the house. One morning I had a hunsman about 3 inches across sitting on top of the tap handle like a furry tap cover. The rule in Australia is: never kill the little ones because they they hunt and kill the giant hairy ones.

Attachments

• Heteropoda_ZZ279_F2649[1].jpg
    Heteropoda_ZZ279_F2649[1].jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 320
Not even my (recently rediscovered) love of Australian soaps could convince me to move to Australia (lovely as I'm sure it is).
Living in Ramsay Street - awesome.
Waking up to find a spider the size of your hand making love to your head - absolutely frightening :?

Reactions: CCRhyder
AmberCutie said:
NoelleBright said:
Sadly, it depends on the species. While SOME species of centipedes may eat spiders (and other spiders eat them), no millipedes do. :)

The_Brown_Fox said:
mynameisbob84 said:

LOL.

I think I've sprayed water...bleach water...air freshener...etc. (oh yeah, can't forget Raid) to get a bug on the ceiling to fall down onto a huge sheet of cardboard paper. :lol:

The problem with using a broom is that the spider just ends up caught somewhere in the dark "bristles" of the broom, so now you've gotta shake it 'til it falls out...lol.

The best thing is hairspray! I kill all bugs with that.
It keeps them from scurrying off to die slowly in some hidden corner of your house.

Reactions: 1 person
Am I the only one that loves the lil eight leggers? Spiders are like any other potentially dangerous animal, they need (and deserve) to be treated with a modicum of respect. The discoveries being made for the uses of their silks is staggering. You may owe your life to spider one day (if you're unlucky). And just like any other potentially dangerous animal, we're a much greater threat to them.

http://www.ted.com/talks/cheryl_hayashi ... _silk.html

yah, the thousand leggers aren't spiders at all. They are centipedes.
I remember as a kid my grandmas house used to get several times a year literally balls of 'daddy long legs' in random dark protected corners outside. I was young so of course they freaked me out a bit. One day she showed me they were harmless and kind of fun. She put her hand under this mass of them and lifetd the majority of them up. They were all wobbly and spread out making her hand look really cool and hairy for a moment before she shook them off to the plants below. They do emit an odor similar to that of a stink bug when disturbed.

Oh and BTW....

:text-worthless:

lordmagellan said:
Am I the only one that loves the lil eight leggers? Spiders are like any other potentially dangerous animal, they need (and deserve) to be treated with a modicum of respect. The discoveries being made for the uses of their silks is staggering. You may owe your life to spider one day (if you're unlucky). And just like any other potentially dangerous animal, we're a much greater threat to them.

If I didn't have an irrational fear of them as intensely as I do, I might actually appreciate them for the wondrous creatures that they are. However, irrational fears aren't supposed to make sense, lol.

I've always loved grandaddy long-legs since I was a kid. I used to pick them up and carry them around with me all the time : )

Now they kind of freak me. Don't know why.

On that note of spider look-a-likes, my mom just bought a cabin that was infested with sprickets or cryders. She says they are like really big, like 2 inches.

spricket.jpg

Reactions: SoTxBob
AmberCutie said:
lordmagellan said:

If I didn't have an irrational fear of them as intensely as I do, I might actually appreciate them for the wondrous creatures that they are. However, irrational fears aren't supposed to make sense, lol.
I got bit when I was a kid on my lower back while sleeping. after hours of strangely sore legs I was temporarily paralyzed from the waist down for about 4 hours...
I think my fear is pretty rational! :lol:
Plus they are groooooosssssss.

JoleneJolene said:
Plus they are groooooosssssss.

Only when you hear the pop or crunch under ur shoe.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.