AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Starting Couples

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2012
Hi everyone, before starting I would like to say that its great to find a forum that have people trying to help others without asking any money.
I have some questions and I'm sorry if they are repeated with other posts.
Me and my gf started doing cam chat very recently, we were searching for some sites that would allow couples to do cam chat and one of the first sites we found was the myfreecams but they only let girls register, and it hurts me because from what I have been seeing here its the one that pays more.
So the site that look more promising was LiveJasmin but they only pay 30% and its hard to make money because wen we go private people are only there between 1 to 3 mins max.
we have already done 50$ but it took us a lot of chitchat, every person says that we are very cute together, that they like what they see but the truth is that we got privates from 10 to 10 mins and they are not respectful in private and just stay for 3mins max.

Summarizing I would like to ask if there is a better website that Livejasmin(payments), if in that website we can block our own country and if someone can help us making people to stay more time in the private.

Thank you a lot for this help and sorry if this post is repeated with other. :thumbleft:

Can you tell me the percentage they pay for models? And there is the possibility to change your per minute pvt income?

50%, and yes. You may also want to look into Streamate.
Both sites offer geoblocking. As far as getting people to stay longer in privates...I think most sites are pretty similar in that department--it just takes time. The more you're on, the more people get to know you and are more interested/willing to spend the money.

Reactions: darkhp
Thank you alekzandra I will take a look with my gf both of the sites and choose the one that looks good to us.

darkhp said:
Thank you alekzandra I will take a look with my gf both of the sites and choose the one that looks good to us.
Streamate only offers 30% but they have very good traffic and are very popular, I worked on that site and I liked it. You can also set the price of your own shows up to $15 a minute or sell gold shows up to $300 (if I correctly recall)

Evvie said:
darkhp said:
Streamate only offers 30% but they have very good traffic and are very popular, I worked on that site and I liked it. You can also set the price of your own shows up to $15 a minute or sell gold shows up to $300 (if I correctly recall)

WOW... that's better than LJ.
LJ does not have that kind of price a minute.
I told my gf that we can make the price of 15$ a minute and she is right about one thing, we are still new at this, we think people will not pay that much to see a pair of noobs ahah...

I think I have read in this forum that in LJ if a customer claim that the performer didn't do what he was told they can take our money back, is that true, does anyone knows a case?

thanks a lot this is being very helpful

darkhp said:
Evvie said:
darkhp said:

WOW... that's better than LJ.
LJ does not have that kind of price a minute.
I told my gf that we can make the price of 15$ a minute and she is right about one thing, we are still new at this, we think people will not pay that much to see a pair of noobs ahah...

I think I have read in this forum that in LJ if a customer claim that the performer didn't do what he was told they can take our money back, is that true, does anyone knows a case?

thanks a lot this is being very helpful
As far as I know, models on Streamate are not penalized for chargebacks.

The benefit of Streamate is heavy traffic. If you are good performers, even if you have to set your price to $4 a minute, you are still going to make over a dollar a minute when you do shows, and that's good money. Streamate isn't a site where you do one very expensive show and then leave, you work consistently over a long period of time.

However, don't get overexcited and raise your price too high. When I dropped my prices on Streamate from $4/minute to $2/minute I started earning double the money every hour because my prices were more reasonable. Other models are more experienced than me, but here is a good way to price your shows:

Decide how much you want to be in a show every hour. On SM, I wanted to be in a show 40 minutes out of every hour. So I dropped my prices until I was working that much. As I became more popular and started getting requests for more shows, I raised my price until I was working 40 minutes an hour again.

Hmmm...That's a really good advice. On LJ we were like 2h straight and didn't make "real money".
Know I see why people don't like LJ. We are not really free in LJ they have a lot of rules.

Small correction: Streamate pays 35%, not 30. Seems like not much, but at the end of the week it can make $20-$200 of difference in the paycheck ^_^

But yeah, you might have to play with your prices to figure out what earns you the most money. Some models earn more when their prices are higher, some earn more when their prices are lower.

I seem to earn the same amount no matter where I put my prices, so I leave them higher and not have to do as much.

Reactions: Evvie and darkhp
LadyLuna said:
Small correction: Streamate pays 35%, not 30. Seems like not much, but at the end of the week it can make $20-$200 of difference in the paycheck ^_^

But yeah, you might have to play with your prices to figure out what earns you the most money. Some models earn more when their prices are higher, some earn more when their prices are lower.

I seem to earn the same amount no matter where I put my prices, so I leave them higher and not have to do as much.

Hmm...great, we need to see what seems best to us. we are still very new at this so we will see what is best for us.

Thank you LadyLuna :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.