AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate membership cancellation immediately after joining.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justjoinedtopost

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Feb 23, 2015
supportteam@streamate.com

8:36 PM (5 hours ago)

to me
Your membership with Streamate has been canceled.

Please let us know what the problem with your account was. We would love to help you have a better experience on our site! If we can't solve your problem, it would help us very much if you let us know why you want to cancel.

We are working on improving the site, and any feedback you could give us will be helpful.

This site is NOT like a paysite where you are charged after a trial period. There are free guest chats and full access chats that charge per minute. You can also view each performer's picture archive for free.

Please let us know if there is anything we can improve or add to the site!

If you change your mind please email:
supportteam@streamate.com with the subject "Reactivation".

Please include your name and the last 4 digits of the card on file so we can reactivate your account at once!

Thank you,

Streamate
supportteam@streamate.com

My response.

Sure, I will let you know what the problem is. During the sign up, I had to uncheck a little box to avoid (hopefully) being signed up for some idiotic personals site with a recurring fee. Crap companies pull stunts like this. I don't knowingly spend money with crap companies. I am spending money with three of Streamate's competitors, none of whom felt they had anything to gain by such idiocy. I will continue to spend money with them, and not Streamate. So not only is it a big "NO THANKS!" to the offer of the two day trial on the personals website, it is also a big "NO THANKS!" to Streamate for pushing it.

Also, I have not yet made a purchase with Streamate, but there is apparently an Epoch $2.00 charge from the signup process. WTF?

Yeah, I'm going to pass on the reactivation. Thanks, but no thanks. I would just as soon do business with a Nigerian prince. Shady.as.f*ck.

But good luck, and tell all the naked ladies I said hello. And thanks to you f*ckers, I am cancelling my card. So don't waste your time.

Fuck these losers. There are a couple of models I have run across in this forum and elsewhere that I would like to see, interact with, and spend money on; but not bad enough to tolerate this stupidity. If I am to tip JessieWolfe, it will not be on Streamate. Just as well. She is far too young for me.

Streamate = garbage. Avoid. :twocents-02cents: A customers perspective.

Re: Streamate membership cancellation immediately after join

justjoinedtopost said:
If I am to tip JessieWolfe, it will not be on Streamate. Just as well. She is far too young for me.

Well, that seems pretty unnecessary... :? Sorry you don't like Streamate, but calling out one model in particular to say you won't tip her, that just seems uncalled for.

CharlotteLace said:
justjoinedtopost said:
If I am to tip JessieWolfe, it will not be on Streamate. Just as well. She is far too young for me.

Well, that seems pretty unnecessary... :? Sorry you don't like Streamate, but calling out one model in particular to say you won't tip her, that just seems uncalled for.

I said nothing of the sort. I said it wouldn't be on Streamate. And her name was mentioned because watching her on Streamate was probably one of the driving factors behind me wanting to spend money there.

But nonetheless, I have offended. I must make this right. Pray tell, what may I do to soothe this butthurt you now find yourself in the throes of? (if your answer involves a consolation tip, streamate is out. We're going to have to handle this on MFC...)

Reactions: JubalCobb

I'm sorry, but this seems like an insult more than anything. You know... Considering you're calling out one certain model.

She's too good and too hot for you anyways. :thumbleft:

Here we go again...

Your issue is with Streammate, please keep it with Streammate. If you don't like or trust the format of the site, don't do business with them. Very good call on your part.

If you want to learn about how the site works (which is quite different than token sites) and speak with other members on here who are models and members of SM, perhaps get some feedback on their reliability, security, up-front charges, etc., I'm sure some of us could have helped. Now that you seem to have burned all bridges with the site, I don't really see the point of the post... but thank you for sharing your experience.

emma_skye12 said:

I'm sorry, but this seems like an insult more than anything. You know... Considering you're calling out one certain model.

Ohhhh, bless your heart. You jealous?

:lol:

She is not too good and too hot to take my tips sweetie. And that is all I had in mind.

But there is an insult here to be sure. The name JessieWolfe is seared into my brain. She draws me in. I want to give her my money. But you are mentioned, and I am like "emma who!?" :lol:

Still, I take no pleasure in hurting the feelings of others. As with the previous poster, I would be happy to exchange a small consolation tip for absolution, provided that it takes place on MFC and not Streamate.

Or perhaps your forgiveness could be earned with a purchase from your wish list? "Dreamspell New Arrival Elegant Sexy Women Lingerie Retro Lace Black Long Slit Dress 5022" is only $4, a small price to pay to make peace with you. Would this be acceptable?

justjoinedtopost said:
emma_skye12 said:

Ohhhh, bless your heart. You jealous?

:lol:

She is not too good and too hot to take my tips sweetie. And that is all I had in mind.

But there is an insult here to be sure. The name JessieWolfe is seared into my brain. She draws me in. I want to give her my money. But you are mentioned, and I am like "emma who!?" :lol:

Still, I take no pleasure in hurting the feelings of others. As with the previous poster, I would be happy to exchange a small consolation tip for absolution, provided that it takes place on MFC and not Streamate.

Or perhaps your forgiveness could be earned with a purchase from your wish list? "Dreamspell New Arrival Elegant Sexy Women Lingerie Retro Lace Black Long Slit Dress 5022" is only $4, a small price to pay to make peace with you. Would this be acceptable?

:angry4: First of all, I thought it was fucking absolutely rude of you for calling her out. You said "She is far too young for me." Which MADE it sound like an insult.

But you are mentioned, and I am like "emma who!?" :lol:

Second of all... Seriously? That, was not necessary as well.

:angry4: :angry4: :angry4: Thirdly... Fuck off. I said what I said mainly because I felt it was wrong for you to say what you said and then you "Mr. Bigshot" over here, decided to take a few personal swings at me. Congratufuckinglations.

DeezNA said:
If you want to learn about how the site works (which is quite different than token sites) and speak with other members on here who are models and members of SM, perhaps get some feedback on their reliability, security, up-front charges, etc., I'm sure some of us could have helped. Now that you seem to have burned all bridges with the site, I don't really see the point of the post... but thank you for sharing your experience.

You bring up a good point here Deez. I have watched a bit on LJ and SM, and you are right, it is quite different from token sites. There is a model I plan to spend a little on at LJ, but that is only because she tells me she enjoys the site more (not to mention the video quality is far superior). Now just because I told SM to take a flying f*cking leap, don't think that means any insights you have into the workings there are pointless. Please share, if not for my sake, then for the sake of those who may stumble across this in the future. I, for one, would love to hear how tipping and spending differ on these sites.

But your insights into SM's reliability, security, up-front charges, etc. are a little moot to me. They proved to me they are a crap company who enjoys playing crap games. I may have no interest in doing business with them, but I do not think it is accurate to say I have "burnt all bridges with the site". :lol: I have a feeling they would be happy to take me back if I was interested (which I am not).

Still, should the mood strike you, share what you know about how the site works...

emma_skye12 said:

Ohhhhh, this not meant be an insult emma? Poor emma. She want give. She not like take. "I like make insult!" she say; "I get mad peeps insult me!" she say

Soooorrrrrry, hurt your feelings. Now my day ruined. Or maybe it ain't.

Now I am going to quit here, and speak to you as an adult. I did not get the least bit mad when you took your little swipe at me. And I hope you did not get mad when I responded. This is just silly internet shit, not worth either of us getting mad. Hopefully you weren't really upset.

Yes, my response to you was a little condescending :lol:, but that is only because I thought you wanted to play when you jumped in. If you let somebody like me know you have hit a nerve, it makes them double over with laughter. Don't give them the satisfaction. No hard feelings girl.

when i made my streamate member account, they charged my card a small amount but it disappeared before it went through. it might be worth it to wait a few days and see if the charge is still there before you cancel your card over it!
i totally agree that having to uncheck the box is silly but other than that, there's honestly nothing shady about streamate. it's cool if you don't want to be a member there but it's not a sketchy site at all.

also, from what i can see, nobody's mad that you said you might tip jessiewolfe elsewhere instead of sm. it's the phrase "she's far too young for me" that sounds weird. maybe you meant it in a different way but it sounds like you're saying you prefer older women and she's too young for your taste, which isn't really something that needs to be said!

justjoinedtopost said:
Now just because I told SM to take a flying f*cking leap, don't think that means any insights you have into the workings there are pointless. Please share, if not for my sake, then for the sake of those who may stumble across this in the future. I, for one, would love to hear how tipping and spending differ on these sites.

But your insights into SM's reliability, security, up-front charges, etc. are a little moot to me. They proved to me they are a crap company who enjoys playing crap games. I may have no interest in doing business with them, but I do not think it is accurate to say I have "burnt all bridges with the site". :lol: I have a feeling they would be happy to take me back if I was interested (which I am not).

Still, should the mood strike you, share what you know about how the site works...

It is very difficult for me to see how you can see a company's reliability, security and up-front charges as moot and proof that a company is crap simply at face value. Especially since you never actually... used the site...

If you don't like Streammate because you don't understand how it functions, that is completely valid. Don't use the site. It's really that simple, I don't see why we need an entire thread devoted to it.

If there is something that you would actually like to learn (or have us learn) from this experience, please ask questions. Otherwise, there's really not much that this thread can provide to others as insight other than how to *not* get assistance from Customer Service.

AprilPhantom said:
it's the phrase "she's far too young for me" that sounds weird. maybe you meant it in a different way but it sounds like you're saying you prefer older women and she's too young for your taste, which isn't really something that needs to be said!

Yes, it's all a matter of perspective and interpretation really. She gets my motor running, but "she is far too young for me" is another way of saying "I am far too old for her". But as long as the peanut gallery gets riled, it's all good.

And Jessie, if you stumble across this, no offense. I'm a big fan. :lol:

Reactions: ACFFAN69

justjoinedtopost said:
Yes, it's all a matter of perspective and interpretation really. She gets my motor running, but "she is far too young for me" is another way of saying "I am far too old for her". But as long as the peanut gallery gets riled, it's all good.

And Jessie, if you stumble across this, no offense. I'm a big fan.

So your admitted intent here is to rile up the "peanut gallery". Good to know.

Since that's the case, the title of this thread is very misleading.

If you want help on how to remedy a problem with a site that many models on here work on, feel free to ask questions, we're here to help. If you're just here to vent your frustration, there are very likely other threads for that. Here are some recommendations:

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=11933
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 12&t=12822

DeezNA said:
It is very difficult for me to see how you can see a company's reliability, security and up-front charges as moot and proof that a company is crap simply at face value. Especially since you never actually... used the site...

Only watched for free so far. But the reason I say the aforementioned items are moot is simple; by trying to slip that personals website with it's recurring fee by me, they proved they are a crap company playing crap games in my book. That is enough to stop me from watching for free and...actually...using...the site. I went there to spend money tonight. Instead I epoched my way right back to MFC.

DeezNA said:
If you don't like Streammate because you don't understand how it functions, that is completely valid. Don't use the site. It's really that simple, I don't see why we need an entire thread devoted to it.

Again, any insight you have into how sites like SM operate (especially tipping/spending) would be welcome here. And if this thread bothers you, have you considered GTFO?

DeezNA said:
If there is something that you would actually like to learn (or have us learn) from this experience, please ask questions. Otherwise, there's really not much that this thread can provide to others as insight other than how to *not* get assistance from Customer Service.

See above about what I would actually like to learn. I am tired of watching SM and LJ trying to get a handle on how the spending works. And I did *not* post to get tips on how to get assistance from Customer Service, nor did I post to offer others guidance in this area. I handled that shite ok. I told them to stuff their stupid crap.

DeezNA said:
So your admitted intent here is to rile up the "peanut gallery". Good to know.

Since that's the case, the title of this thread is very misleading.

If you want help on how to remedy a problem with a site that many models on here work on, feel free to ask questions, we're here to help. If you're just here to vent your frustration, there are very likely other threads for that. Here are some recommendations:

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=11933
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 12&t=12822

Well my intent wasn't to rile up the peanut gallery. That was just a fringe benefit.

And your thread recommendations have been discarded just like 95% of the other fluff I have read of yours. But you have brought up a very good point...

The thread title. So wrong. Reading it now, it sounds like SM cancelled. This is a horrible oversight on my part. I swear to God, it didn't sound that way when I wrote it. SM didn't cancel; I did. Thread title should read "Told Streamate to shove off after getting a look at their f-ed up business practices."

Your post kinda got in as I was typing this so, in hindsight, maybe this would have been helpful to know before you signed up. I understand now that you just want to vent your anger. Since I took the time and this *is* a public forum, maybe this information could help *someone* since it's very likely to be "discarded just like 95% of the other fluff [you] have read of [mine]". If not, I hope you appreciate my attempts to help.

In case there are any further questions about how Streammate works, I'm sure they can help you out themselves... since you don't seem to have any specific questions to ask us. Here's their FAQ, perhaps it can help you. http://www.streamate.com/customer-service/faq.html

As for your charge, it is very likely a card verification charge that is refunded after an account is set up. This is a very common practice in many businesses to ensure the account actually has a balance in it. For example, many gas stations will overcharge something like $75 on a $20 card purchase for fuel at the pump to ensure that they don't get ripped off. The remainder is refunded.

When it comes to affiliate check-boxes, yes they're annoying. Still dealing with McAfee trying to install its ass every time you get a Flash update? Just read thoroughly and uncheck, it's not a big deal. They get ad revenue, you don't get spam, win/win.

As for the site, you pay per minute when you are in a Private Show or you can pledge in flat-rate fee for a Gold Show. Exclusives are also per-minute. You can also tip Gold in free chat as you would on token sites. That's pretty much how it works, in my admittedly limited experience on the site.

If you have any more specific questions, please feel free to ask.

If this is a venting thread, feel free to disregard anything you see fit. Just trying to help.

Have a great rest of your day!

I get what you're saying about the sneaky check box, but those are everywhere nowadays. I mean, you order something online without reading carefully and all of a sudden you're subscribed to 3 shitty magazines you have no interest in and get an email every day. I don't think that devalues Streamate. If you ever sign up again, you should probably use Jessie's affiliate link. She'll get 70% of what you spend in her room and 20% of what you spend elsewhere.

DeezNA said:
Your post kinda got in as I was typing this so, in hindsight...
Have a great rest of your day!

It's all good Deez. To be honest, the little signup bs probably ticked me off a little more than it should have.

JickyJuly said:
I get what you're saying about the sneaky check box... If you ever sign up again, you should probably use Jessie's affiliate link. She'll get 70% of what you spend in her room and 20% of what you spend elsewhere.

It wasn't so much just the sneaky check box, it was the sleazy personals website the checkbox was referring to. If it had been a McAffee checkbox like Deez mentioned, I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought. But I hope that they reconsider this practice, it really is a shit move on their part.

And considering that I am now worried I may have offended JessieWolfe with my youth remark, your mention of her affiliate link may well be the straw that breaks the camels back. I may be guilted into giving SM another chance.

justjoinedtopost said:
I may be guilted into giving SM another chance.

The choice is and always has been all yours, fellow ACFer.

justjoinedtopost said:
But I hope that they reconsider this practice, it really is a shit move on their part.

If you hate sleazy ads, for the love of any deity or deities you may or may not worship, I would HIGHLY suggest you stay away from Chaturbate. As much as I appreciate the site for everything they have done for me, the place is riddled with ads for sleazy personals websites. ;)

But once again, it's all about ad revenue and those help keep many sites afloat. I don't advocate it, I don't agree with it, but I see the purpose.

DeezNA said:
If you hate sleazy ads, for the love of any deity or deities you may or may not worship, I would HIGHLY suggest you stay away from Chaturbate.

Oh it's not ads I mind, it was the automatic signup with a recurring fee that got my hackles up. And as far as CB goes, sleazy is the main thing that keeps me coming back to them. It's like wallowing in a sewer. I love it. :lol:

Man, what won't offend people these days? And lmao @ this silliness
emma_skye12 said:
Only here would this type of response be normal or predictable. Shit is never not funny, be super defensive and then play the victim and pretend to be outraged by comments on the internet that weren't even offensive brehs

On topic, prolly overthinking things my handsome friend. Streamate is a solid enough site to forgive for some shortcomings. Sweet response to support tho, dork. Like a simple response about what you didn't like wouldn't have been better received than that emotional rant.

justjoinedtopost said:
And as far as CB goes, sleazy is the main thing that keeps me coming back to them. It's like wallowing in a sewer.
haha the ol well shit, if people are going to be offended I might as well attempt to make some offensive comments, I like this dude.

justjoinedtopost said:
automatic signup with a recurring fee
Hard to figure out what to "thank" here given the way the conversation's gone, but I 100% agree that this is a significant step beyond pushing a free newsletter or even installing a free trial of some program. It didn't stop me from signing up, but it definitely made me think twice.

Just saying...

I accidentally signed up for that $20 a month thing on my credit card when I made my Streamate member account. I didn't catch it for almost a year. I just pay the credit card in full on auto and never question it if it's within my monthly allowance range. Bad money management. I know. Whoops.

When I caught it I called the number (on my credit statement), and they completely refunded me, and canceled the membership. They were an absolute fucking joy to deal with, honestly.

And to be clear, no, the support person did not have any idea I was a camgirl on the site. I called as a member and they treated me as a member.

So no big deal. Wear looser panties man, life's got you too tightly wound. :cool:

PunkInDrublic said:
Man, what won't offend people these days? And lmao @ this silliness
emma_skye12 said:
Only here would this type of response be normal or predictable. Shit is never not funny, be super defensive and then play the victim and pretend to be outraged by comments on the internet that weren't even offensive brehs

On topic, prolly overthinking things my handsome friend. Streamate is a solid enough site to forgive for some shortcomings. Sweet response to support tho, dork. Like a simple response about what you didn't like wouldn't have been better received than that emotional rant.

justjoinedtopost said:
And as far as CB goes, sleazy is the main thing that keeps me coming back to them. It's like wallowing in a sewer.
haha the ol well shit, if people are going to be offended I might as well attempt to make some offensive comments, I like this dude.

This seems appropriate...

Attachments

• notwrong.jpg
    notwrong.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 255

I do think it's shady as fuck and as a model on there, I wonder if/how it affects our incomes. Personally if I were a member, especially if I were new to camsites or not Internet savvy, that'd be a big red flag to me. Even if the charge is easy to reverse, I shouldn't have to pay it in the first place just because Streamate wants to make a few affiliate bucks. Can't imagine this is the first time someone's been like "fuck it, this is shady, never mind".

Also as a model it makes it seem like Streamate is potentially alienating what could be good traffic, to make a quick buck for themselves. I don't like it. :snooty:

Jillybean said:
Just saying...

I accidentally signed up for that $20 a month thing on my credit card when I made my Streamate member account. I didn't catch it for almost a year. I just pay the credit card in full on auto and never question it if it's within my monthly allowance range. Bad money management. I know. Whoops.

When I caught it I called the number (on my credit statement), and they completely refunded me, and canceled the membership. They were an absolute fucking joy to deal with, honestly.

And to be clear, no, the support person did not have any idea I was a camgirl on the site. I called as a member and they treated me as a member.

So no big deal. Wear looser panties man, life's got you too tightly wound. :cool:

Any idea what the charge was called on your card? I don't remember a checkbox when I signed up, so I wanna see if it's on my account.

I too think it's pretty shady, and I'm surprised they get away with it. In any other walk of life, it just wouldn't fly...

"I'll have a large Big Mac meal with Coke please"
"Okay, that will be $25 with a recurring monthly charge of $20, sir"
"Um... wait, what?"
"Well, that's your Big Mac meal, your first month's subscription to this here website...
"Wait, what website? I never said I wanted to sign up to any website..."
"Well, no, but... you didn't specifically say you didn't want to sign up to the website..."
"..."

DuoShi said:
Jillybean said:
Just saying...

Any idea what the charge was called on your card? I don't remember a checkbox when I signed up, so I wanna see if it's on my account.

Went into my old online banking and... $19.95 monthly on the 20th.

ECHST.NET 866-4525108 WA
Transaction date: 10/18/2014
Card type: Visa
Transaction type: Purchases
Merchant description: DIRECT MARKETING - INBOUND TELEMARKETING MERC
Merchant information: 866-4525108 , WA

:) Hope you didn't get charged. Not that it's so hard to deal with. I think the service people realize this is weird and are authorized to refund a certain amount of charges.

mynameisbob84 said:
I too think it's pretty shady, and I'm surprised they get away with it. In any other walk of life, it just wouldn't fly...

Yeah, except it does. Credit card companies offer credit monitoring and have signed customers up for it without their consent. Even though consumers won lawsuits, they weren't even made whole.

Also, if you need to do a reverse lookup on a cell phone number (I had to when my phone was stolen to find out who stole it because they called my husband from their own cell phone) ... You pay and then they sign you up for a monthly service where you can look up phone numbers with the membership. You only know you're signed up if you read the fine print. Lucky for me, I did.

Looking up your annual credit report with the three major bureaus and paying the $8 or whatever to see your score? Make sure you check your credit card statement next month, they may have signed you up for credit monitoring services without your consent!

There are numerous companies in all industries that have tricky monthly subscription services that you either don't mean to ever sign up for, or they force you to sign up for a trial period in order to use their service, then you forget to cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.