AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streammate user name change (member)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Feb 7, 2024
Hello, newbie here. I am a member/client on Streamate. I am wondering if I change my user name or handle, which appears easy to do in the settings, do models that I've visited previously still know it is me? Is there some kind of history that follows? Or will I appear to them as a new member? Thank you.

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
why do you want to change your username?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Hello, newbie here. I am a member/client on Streamate. I am wondering if I change my user name or handle, which appears easy to do in the settings, do models that I've visited previously still know it is me? Is there some kind of history that follows? Or will I appear to them as a new member? Thank you.

Hi. I sure hope that it stays in your history, because I find it cringey when a member tries to deceive a model by changing his name…while he’s fully aware that his presence in her room is unwanted and makes her uncomfortable. Is that what’s going on here, or is there some other reason you’re trying to change your username and “hide” your identify from the model?

Reactions: Wuggie
I guess I didn't explain that very well. I've been away from the site for a while...self-imposed. Thinking of going back and just wanted to surprise a couple models I used to visit. Nothing nefarious. Just wondering if they would recognize me right away with a new user name. I'll probably just keep it the same.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I guess I didn't explain that very well. I've been away from the site for a while...self-imposed. Thinking of going back and just wanted to surprise a couple models I used to visit. Nothing nefarious. Just wondering if they would recognize me right away with a new user name. I'll probably just keep it the same.
It generally looks bad to me when the same guy keeps changing his user name. Usually the only people who do that are the obsessive ones trying to manipulate and play games.

It’s very common for guys to leave for a while and come back. It’s really nice to see them again. Having a different name but the same account, is going to set off alarm bells or atleast be noted as odd. Because, unfortunately, there are a lot of people who get the situation wrong, and start playing games and get over attached. Period. That’s kind of the stuff that they tend to start doing, and sometimes they even start getting really angry and crazy, and straight up bizarre in a bad way.

keep your old username. idk about the model in question but it's a joy for me to see an old reg name pop back up after not seeing them. your usernames are your faces, and its always nice to see a familiar face come through the revolving door of strangers.

but if you do change your username, be sure to tell her "im not sure if you remember me but this is _____, i changed my username." so she knows who she's talking to and saves you from the first time hustle song and dance. don't be offended if she forgets. even with all the notes, y'all can be forgotten or mistaken. there are times i forgot about a reg and several hours later after a camming shift it hits me like raven symone getting a permination.

giphy.gif

Yes, just keep it the same. Changing your name is unnecessary. You revisiting the models after a while of being gone (and tipping them) will be a nice surprise. 🙂

I suppose that (tying this in with the funny usernames thread) there may inevitably be time when after a few years a user suddenly decides they don't want to be known as WankZappa any more :rofl:

• Funny!
Reactions: Ozzie_ and ElGato
no offense to the musical genius and influence of frank zappa, but im pretty sure that pun will go over most younger or nonwestern models.
I did consider the masturbating (allegedly) former British Heavyweight WankBruno but thought that might be even more obscure. How about WankSinatra?

• Funny!
Reactions: AudriTwo and Ozzie_
so i guess that it usually is this way?
Yes. Mine stay unless they make a completely new account or there is some crazy glitch going on temporarily.

Sometimes during site updates when things glitch out, notes go missing for a short period of time.

There are users on SM who will lurk your room and change their screen name to try and mimic someone else they saw you have a good interaction with too. When that happens the notes will be gone also, because it’s not them it’s Annan again (🤣 there’s a dude called Annan who always does this). Sadly there are also other models who will lurk your room trying to see if someone who was in their room spent on you, and not them. That’s why I like invisible mode for members on SM.

Although invisible mode has its drawbacks too. It makes it harder for guys who are like minded to connect in your room, which makes a social atmosphere harder to cultivate, and keeps it more focused on one on one. Overall I prefer when members stay on invisible though. The privacy is refreshing.

Last edited:
keep your old username. idk about the model in question but it's a joy for me to see an old reg name pop back up after not seeing them. your usernames are your faces, and its always nice to see a familiar face come through the revolving door of strangers.

but if you do change your username, be sure to tell her "im not sure if you remember me but this is _____, i changed my username." so she knows who she's talking to and saves you from the first time hustle song and dance. don't be offended if she forgets. even with all the notes, y'all can be forgotten or mistaken. there are times i forgot about a reg and several hours later after a camming shift it hits me like raven symone getting a permination.

giphy.gif
Lol this happens a lot or they turn on there. Cam n it's like oh I know you