AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stretch marks

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2020
USA
Twitter Username
@Wet_sunshine
Chaturbate Username
Wet_sunshine
Ok I'm very self conscious about my stretch marks. Which leads me to trying to cover up my stomach. I have been completely nude a couple of times and no one has said anything but I'm still intimidated by the way it looks. I see all these beautiful flawless women in cams making lots of tips and I have barely anyone in my room. I'm new so I get that it won't be booming but I just can't get over my insecurities. How can I get over this? Does it really matter to members? What do you think? Should I continue to cover up? I want honest opinions please and thank you 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_164019104_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200808_164019104_HDR.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 25
I know it’s easier said than done as far as feeling this goes, but I promise you physical traits like stretch marks have very little impact on your success as a cam model. If anything, it makes you more “real” to your users which is why they seek a lot of us out- as an alternative to the perfectly sculpted surgeries bodies that tend to be in mainstream (and there’s nothing wrong with surgery too, it’s all just different ways to be).

If you’re struggling with your room count, there’s lots of reasons that are far more likely (lighting, connection issues, time spent online, demeanor etc) that lots of threads cover. But feeling insecure can get your mood down and that doesn’t help at all either. Some of my best days on cam have been days I was feeling not great about myself when I got on. It’s human to have bad days. Just try not to show it to your users when you’re having a self conscious day- if you’re uncomfortable they will sense that.

And as far as minimizing bad days, there’s things you can do to feel a little better, like making sure your lighting is flattering, and playing with your cam settings a little too. Also the camera creates a 2d image so you’re really in control of what people see. Learning what angles and ways to position yourself so that you minimize the areas you’re insecure about and feature your favorite assets helps a lot. I’m self conscious about my stomach too sometimes, so some days I’d Im feeling bloated or just in my head about it I’ll wear a cute outfit that hides those areas. And also a body cream with self tanner helps too, to smooth things out just a little like foundation does- I bruise really easily and almost always have one on my legs from just banging into stuff, and this helps me not look like a Dalmatian. Just make sure to not go overboard with it!

I personally agree with the "more real" thing. Stretchmarks are a fact of life and a few models that I like have them. Okay, they are technically there and are probably something the model could do without, but I don't care about them as such. Confidence is always sexier than whatever body you show up with.

I know what you mean about seeing those front page girls at the very top who look like supermodels. The important thing to remember is that what you’re seeing is not the majority of models.

Sometimes I would worry because I look (a little bit) unconventional & would compare myself to those girls. I have to remember is that their audience is not the same as my audience. The nice thing about camming is that there’s something out there for everybody. If you play to your strengths and you radiate the right kind of positivity and self-confidence you will attract viewers who like what you’ve got. There are models of every age shape and size who do really well.

We all have marks and scars and so on. Loads of viewers want to see a cammodel who looks like a regular every day person. If I have a day when I’m not super feeling how my midsection looks I’ll wear a tank top so I can whip my titties out. Corsets are also really sexy.

Also in your example I hope you’re not looking at Chaturbate because placement there is really a quantity game and theres some more things involved than how the model looks. Take a look at a site like Streamate and you’ll see a more mixed bag of performers who do really well.

I hope everything I said makes sense I’m doing this on text to speech so it might be a little bit rambling.

Last edited:
I know it’s easier said than done as far as feeling this goes, but I promise you physical traits like stretch marks have very little impact on your success as a cam model. If anything, it makes you more “real” to your users which is why they seek a lot of us out- as an alternative to the perfectly sculpted surgeries bodies that tend to be in mainstream (and there’s nothing wrong with surgery too, it’s all just different ways to be).

If you’re struggling with your room count, there’s lots of reasons that are far more likely (lighting, connection issues, time spent online, demeanor etc) that lots of threads cover. But feeling insecure can get your mood down and that doesn’t help at all either. Some of my best days on cam have been days I was feeling not great about myself when I got on. It’s human to have bad days. Just try not to show it to your users when you’re having a self conscious day- if you’re uncomfortable they will sense that.

And as far as minimizing bad days, there’s things you can do to feel a little better, like making sure your lighting is flattering, and playing with your cam settings a little too. Also the camera creates a 2d image so you’re really in control of what people see. Learning what angles and ways to position yourself so that you minimize the areas you’re insecure about and feature your favorite assets helps a lot. I’m self conscious about my stomach too sometimes, so some days I’d Im feeling bloated or just in my head about it I’ll wear a cute outfit that hides those areas. And also a body cream with self tanner helps too, to smooth things out just a little like foundation does- I bruise really easily and almost always have one on my legs from just banging into stuff, and this helps me not look like a Dalmatian. Just make sure to not go overboard with it!
Thank you so much for your reply 😊 I actually do spray tanning to try and help minimize the appearance. I have quite a few sexy outfits but show my stomach so avoid them purposely. I totally get bruising too lol as I always have bruises. Actually I even bruised myself from performing spankings 🤦‍♀️

• Hugs
Reactions: xoxAprilJames
I know what you mean about seeing those front page girls at the very top who look like supermodels. The important thing to remember is that what you’re seeing is not the majority of models.

Sometimes I would worry because I look (a little bit) unconventional & would compare myself to those girls. I have to remember is that their audience is not the same as my audience. The nice thing about camming is that there’s something out there for everybody. If you play to your strengths and you radiate the right kind of positivity and self-confidence you will attract viewers who like what you’ve got. There are models of every age shape and size who do really well.

We all have marks and scars and so on. Loads of viewers want to see a cammodel who looks like a regular every day person. If I have a day when I’m not super feeling how my midsection looks I’ll wear a tank top so I can whip my titties out. Corsets are also really sexy.

Also in your example I hope you’re not looking at Chaturbate because placement there is really a quantity game and theres some more things involved than how the model looks. Take a look at a site like stream it and you’ll see a more mixed bag of performers who do really well.

I hope everything I said makes sense I’m doing this on text to speech so it might be a little bit rambling.
Thank you so much. Yes I actually was talking about CB since it's the only one I actually stream from right now. Did you mean streamate? Or is there a cam site called stream it? I'm registered on MFC,bongacams, and livejasmine also though I haven't streamed yet. I've considered splitcam but have no clue how or where to start. I made decent money from CB so far like $300 my first pay day. It seems to kinda slowed down now though. I only ever had max 20 viewers in my room at a time. My stream schedule is complicated because I work a FT job as well. I get up at 3am to work at 4:45am. So I'm only able to stream til 10pm which is pushing it for me lol except the nights I am off the next day. And every other week I have 2 days off during the week so I stream one of those days also. I know it doesn't help not having a set schedule but unfortunately it's nearly impossible with my job.

Thank you so much. Yes I actually was talking about CB since it's the only one I actually stream from right now. Did you mean streamate? Or is there a cam site called stream it? I'm registered on MFC,bongacams, and livejasmine also though I haven't streamed yet. I've considered splitcam but have no clue how or where to start. I made decent money from CB so far like $300 my first pay day. It seems to kinda slowed down now though. I only ever had max 20 viewers in my room at a time. My stream schedule is complicated because I work a FT job as well. I get up at 3am to work at 4:45am. So I'm only able to stream til 10pm which is pushing it for me lol except the nights I am off the next day. And every other week I have 2 days off during the week so I stream one of those days also. I know it doesn't help not having a set schedule but unfortunately it's nearly impossible with my job.

Yes, I was referring to Streamate. Livejasmin is garbage :haha:

RE: Chaturbate -- it helps to be as broadly appealing as possible (either your appearance, doing something wacky or explicit, etc) to keep as many people with tokens in the room as possible. Keeping in mind those girls you see on top have been camming for a while and have a lot of followers, a consistent show schedule (thus gaining regulars) and may have affiliate/studio marketing advertising them to more viewers. They probably put in more hours both on and off cam than you're able to right now. So much more than just their look!

Also, the listing of models could look different depending on the habits of whoever is looking at it (this is true of Streamate, as I recently learned).

I don't want to derail your thread, the pros and cons of token sites vs pvt sites have been discussed a lot on this forum.

Last edited:
Yes, I was referring to Streamate. Livejasmin is garbage :haha:

RE: Chaturbate -- it helps to be as broadly appealing as possible (either your appearance, doing something wacky or explicit, etc) to keep as many people with tokens in the room as possible. Keeping in mind those girls you see on top have been camming for a while and have a lot of followers, a consistent show schedule (thus gaining regulars) and may have affiliate/studio marketing advertising them to more viewers. They probably put in more hours both on and off cam than you're able to right now. So much more than just their look!

Also, the listing of models could look different depending on the habits of whoever is looking at it (this is true of Streamate, as I recently learned).

I don't want to derail your thread, the pros and cons of token sites vs pvt sites have been discussed a lot on this forum.
I was feeling kinda iffy about livejasmine. They offered me a offer to a "model care program" where they supposedly offer coaching and bonuses and $20 an hour for every hour spent on free chat. I accepted the invitation but never heard anything back from them. So kinda sketchy to me.
As for being new I actually saw a model who still had the new tag on and had 4k followers. Was also on the front age too.(meanwhile I barely have 300 followers) 🤷‍♀️ Which I believe on CB the new tag is only a week long I believe. Anyway that wasn't very confidence boosting to see. Lol. I have self confidence except for my stomach. I feel sexier with clothes on as weird as it sounds haha. But I have my moments where I'm able to look past my insecurities and just prance around like nothing is wrong. It's a daily struggle though.

Hi friend. My thighs are covered in stretch marks. I have warm colored lights shining on me including a pink one in the corner, and adjust my white balance back to a more bluish tone. The result is in tanner looking skin. It's very hard to see the stretch marks unless you come close, and it would be silly to expect me to be this size without any. But clever lighting does help too. I have had people compliment me on them as well. They are real and a part of me. It does help to be appealing to the masses by trying to be perfect, but your whales will be the people who love you and your body exactly the way you are.

As for the new tag, sometimes people get extremely lucky! I didn't maximize my first week and I did alright. I didn't know what I was doing back then anyway. You can always make a new account on CB if you want, but you can't transfer over followers anymore.

Hi friend. My thighs are covered in stretch marks. I have warm colored lights shining on me including a pink one in the corner, and adjust my white balance back to a more bluish tone. The result is in tanner looking skin. It's very hard to see the stretch marks unless you come close, and it would be silly to expect me to be this size without any. But clever lighting does help too. I have had people compliment me on them as well. They are real and a part of me. It does help to be appealing to the masses by trying to be perfect, but your whales will be the people who love you and your body exactly the way you are.

As for the new tag, sometimes people get extremely lucky! I didn't maximize my first week and I did alright. I didn't know what I was doing back then anyway. You can always make a new account on CB if you want, but you can't transfer over followers anymore.
Thank you so much for your advice. I will see if I can figure out my lighting lol I'm not a quiter lol so I won't be giving up. I am just trying maximize my time and hopefully continue to grow. Last couple days have been kinda slow though. I have people come into my room and leave seconds later. That doesn't help confidence lol 🤷‍♀️ anyway I don't want this to be a pity party for me lol just trying to figure out what I can do to make it better and help excel my camming career. 🙂

I have a very obvious c section scar and was self conscious of it. Now I don't give a f lol. Focus on getting your mind and body in as best of health you can and it'll drastically improve your mood and the way you view yourself. I rarely get comments anymore because I try to be as confident as possible and while I don't have a "fitness model body" there are toooons of members who love it just the way it is. I always feel better when I eat cleaner and at least get some form of exercise in.

There are men who will tell you that they find them sexy (or maybe they find yours in particular sexy), and they "love your tiger stripes." Lol. That, for me, is better than dealing with immature guys who criticize women for their stretch marks. Now I don't recall dealing with that on any of these sites, but I do remember some guy in real life (during an argument) giving me grief for either my stretch marks or my saggy tits at the time (I can't remember which). A lot of women who are MOTHERS who breastfed for a good while have stretch marks and "saggy tits." I think dudes who criticize women for such things...well, they can kiss my Black stretch-marked ass. Lmfao.

I also chuckle over the fact that there are dudes who look like Flavor Flav...who have the nerve to be criticizing attractive women for their so-called "imperfections."

Some women hate their stretch marks (I used to, but now I think they're kinda cool), and some women learn to accept them or even embrace them. A photographer friend told me once about a model he worked with, and they did a photo shoot all about embracing her stretch marks. That's pretty cool! And I'm actually very surprised that Clips4Sale does not have a stretch mark category. Because with the stretch marks I have on my ass and my boobs, I could certainly take advantage of that. Lol.

I will say, though, that if you spend a lot of time telling people in public chat that you're self-conscious about your stretch marks, the trolls may have a Field Day with that, and try to say shit to hurt your feelings. I think that's why the guy I mentioned above made that remark to me about my then saggy tits (or stretch marks?). He had remembered me telling him how much I hated my tits. So of course he decided to throw that in my face during an argument.

Last edited:
There are men who will tell you that they find them sexy (or maybe they find yours in particular sexy), and they "love your tiger stripes." Lol. That, for me, is better than dealing with immature guys who criticize women for their stretch marks. Now I don't recall dealing with that on any of these sites, but I do remember some guy in real life (during an argument) giving me grief for either my stretch marks or my saggy tits at the time (I can't remember which). A lot of women who are MOTHERS who breastfed for a good while have stretch marks and "saggy tits." I think dudes who criticize women for such things...well, they can kiss my Black stretch-marked ass. Lmfao.

I also chuckle over the fact that there are dudes who look like Flavor Flav...who have the nerve to be criticizing attractive women for their so-called "imperfections."

Some women hate their stretch marks (I used to, but now I think they're kinda cool), and some women learn to accept them or even embrace them. A photographer friend told me once about a model he worked with, and they did a photo shoot all about embracing her stretch marks. That's pretty cool! And I'm actually very surprised that Clips4Sale does not have a stretch mark category. Because with the stretch marks I have on my ass and my boobs, I could certainly take advantage of that. Lol.

I will say, though, that if you spend a lot of time telling people in public chat that you're self-conscious about your stretch marks, the trolls may have a Field Day with that, and try to say shit to hurt your feelings. I think that's why the guy I mentioned above made that remark to me about my then saggy tits (or stretch marks?). He had remembered me telling him how much I hated my tits. So of course he decided to throw that in my face during an argument.
This 100% ^^^^

Lots of people, especially online, will go after what they think your weakness might be. Not because they even believe what they are saying, but because they want to get back at you for something that they took wrong, or the fact that they hate their life, and are jealous of the happiness and prosperity of others. It's sad and weak. Never take it literally. It always says more about the person saying it, and how threatening they find you/ jealous of you they are, than it does about you.

Stretch marks are gorgeous and tell a story. I know loads of guys who genuinely feel this way too about them.

But you know how unhappy people are... they try to sniff out a weakness, and go for the kill (emotionally speaking), because they can't handle their own emotions, insecurities, and life challenges.
It's pathetic. But it is what it is. Weaklings *eyeroll*.

Last edited:
I do try to hide some of the worst of mine sometimes -- I went from a size 2 to a midsize 14/26 due to health issues and medication (and some good old fashioned comfort eating) so getting up the confidence to cam looking like I look now has been a struggle. But honestly? Dudes do not care at all. I've logged on not doing anything -- no spray tan, no concealer -- and no one even seems to notice. I wouldn't worry about it!! It does seem to make you "more real". I DO edit them out of my photos just because I don't want them immortalized like that if I can avoid it, but that's as far as I go these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.