AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stumbled across a girl I know irl.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2014
I was browsing girls on MGF and saw a familiar face. A girl I know in real life joined last month and popped up on my feed. How do I handle this situation? Should I act like I never saw it? Do I talk to her about it? I kind-of want to let her know it's no big deal to me. What's the protocol?

If it was me, I'd prefer him to never mention it, just block me & keep it to himself. Knowing someone with access to your real life also has access to your work is super nervewracking, even if you have no bad intentions! If its no big deal to you, I'd just block her and not say anything.

nick4955 said:
I was browsing girls on MGF and saw a familiar face. A girl I know in real life joined last month and popped up on my feed. How do I handle this situation? Should I act like I never saw it? Do I talk to her about it? I kind-of want to let her know it's no big deal to me. What's the protocol?

The best way you can demonstrate that it's no big deal to you is not to say anything to her at all.
Mentioning it to her would kind of be a selfish decision, IMO. What would you be hoping to achieve?

If its just a acquaintance type friend I probably wouldn't mention it. I probably wouldn't mention it if it was a close friend either but I could understand wanting to. What would you even say? Hey I seen you at mgf, just wanna let you know it's no big deal to me? Would be so weird

PunkInDrublic said:
If its just a acquaintance type friend I probably wouldn't mention it. I probably wouldn't mention it if it was a close friend either but I could understand wanting to. What would you even say? Hey I seen you at mgf, just wanna let you know it's no big deal to me? Would be so weird

Yeah if a friend said this to me I would probably roll my eyes.
I'm positive that people I know irl have come across me on the internet and I'm fine with it, there's just no point in bringing it up to me.

I can't recall ever seeing a thread like this before, but I actually think it's a great thing to have posted. I'm sure this situation has come up for someone else before, and it will definitely happen again.

I'd liken it to seeing the McDonald's sign advertising a new sale as you drove past. It was no biggie, so you just kept driving. :twocents-02cents:

I'm agreeing with the others who have posted saying, ignore and move on. If she wanted you to know about it / talk about it / feel any which way about it, she'd tell you. :twocents-02cents:

I have had someone recognize me from irl from camming, but it was because I was on another friend's cam. Honestly, I was a little more relieved because I know the person. But if it would've been some random dude I don't know? I think I would freak out. I had some random guy come up to me before I was camming and said he knew me from OKC. It was really uncomfortable.
So if you know her well, like same circle of friends, maybe try to find ways to breach it. But if it's a chick you've never spoken to, don't.

Nick most likely it would bother her, to have you know.
Either tell her now/ straight away, or never, if she finds out that you know it had better be early.

I could not keep this from her. It might scare her off camming, but will also keep her smart about it.
Members have spending power, what keeps it balanced is that the model feels free to control events in her room. She must feel free to ban/ upset anyone she wants to, if need be.

Two things to add;
Never take advantage of knowing, those who do are the worst kind of people. Seriously sick.
You are better off not going to her room, the wrong innocent comment could go wrong (even if she knows it is you beforehand).

Yeah I do agree with one part of the above statement in particular - if for whatever reason you think she's gonna find out you know, maybe it's better to tell her now.

The other thing is, maybe she's not aware that people in her area can see her on MGF? I'm 90% sure I remember someone I used to know I'm sure told me she (for example) didn't work there cos you couldn't block by state or something?

Reactions: LadyLuna and Rose
Jupiter551 said:
Yeah I do agree with one part of the above statement in particular - if for whatever reason you think she's gonna find out you know, maybe it's better to tell her now.

To avoid the above possible scenario, don't tell anyone at all. Keep it to yourself, tell no one, not even your cat, not even your daily journal. As long as you tell no one, there's no way she'd find out you knew. Just block her and forget you know.

My opinion... Slightly different than the rest it appears..

I think it really depends on the girl, her personality, as well as what she does on cam. A non-nude model may not mind as much as one who bares it all, or perhaps vice-versa - you never know!

I try to come off as approachable and open minded, and I think most of the people that visit my room realize this. So I personally wouldn't mind if someone recognized me from my town and said something to me. It isn't a big deal for me. I don't advertise it openly, but I will share it with locals that I trust or enjoy their company. So I have no problem with people I know in real life knowing about what I do on the side.

Bottom-line, if the guy who approached me wasn't weird about it, I wouldn't mind talking to him about it. However, if he attempted to get stalkerish on me, I would take care of the situation appropriately. So if she seems like the type you can talk to about it, go ahead, you might be surprised. But if you have any doubts, I would take the other girls advice on this one and pretend you never saw...

Reactions: BiancaBaker
I think the best general approach would be what most girls are saying, put her on block, dont breathe a word of it to anyone, and go on with your life. I would strongly recommend that no matter anything else.

For me its a bit more complicated though. Ive had a couple of people I know IRL find me on cam - and both times they made it known to me while I was on cam (btw not recommended at ALL no matter what). My reactions to them depended on my relationships with them IRL. Seriously, go with the above idea to forget, shut up, and go on. But these are how my stories worked out for me...

Guy A found me on cam, immediately tipped for a friends list add, and privately told me who he was and how he knew me. He was a guy I fucked a few times, nothing anymore than that, we were never close friends or dated or anything, didnt have mutual friends, and it was maaaany years ago and we had lost all contact. I didnt mind that he had found me because we had that type of relationship, and I knew he wasnt creepy/malicious/insane. He asked if I minded him being there, and I said I didnt. He tipped for games, flashes, videos, etc. and it was fine. He didnt make any attempts to re-enter my personal life after that (outside of offering to be a stunt cock if I ever wanted to do b/g vids), and him being on MFC was just kinda like picking up where we had left off - as occasional sex buddies. He was polite, respectful, tipped for the things he wanted, and that was that. In fact I quite liked having him around, I got amusement from knowing he was able to see me and buy videos so he could "relive" having the girl who took his virginity.

Guy B found me on cam, started chatting in my room and acting super weird (didnt tip either), hung around for at least 10+ mins while I was carrying on as my normal self doing flashes and sexual things (which I NEVER would have done had I known he was watching). Eventually I clicked on his username and he had a picture of himself as his icon - and I FREAKED. Hes someone Ive known since I was 16 (so for a decade), is a close friend with TONS of mutual friends, is a huge drama llama, and hes made it super clear to me over the years that hes always wanted to hook up with me (to the point where its made me super uncomfortable because I am not attracted to him in that way at all, but he keeps trying despite knowing that). I was startled and upset to the point I immediately logged off and messaged him asking WTFH?! Basically he said he wasnt surprised to see me here, he uses the site and has a lot of model friends, and he tried to delete his user pic so I wouldnt see it and freak out - which made me double WTFH because it really seemed like he wasnt going to tell me it was him and didnt want me to find out.

It was really rough and I had to tip toe around it because he lives for drama, and all of the mutual friends and everything could have made the situation REALLY bad if I let it get too heated - but I basically told him it was NOT okay for him to see me on cam, and he really should have straight up immediately told me it was him if he absolutely couldnt resist coming in my room. I banned him, but it didnt end that easily. He followed my camming twitter with his personal one (the same one that a ton of my other friends also follow), and that led to another WTF NO conversation that he seemingly couldnt wrap his mind around (for real, he couldnt understand why I wouldnt want him to see that shit). He kept bringing it up when we talked, and would boast about how he knew ~*so many models*~ personally and he was shooting content for them, and he would be more than happy to shoot for me also. (lol side note: hes no better than just any dude with a point and shoot flash camera, and he wanted a cut of the money I made from whatever he shot also. Im sure he just wanted an excuse to watch me get naked and diddle myself.) That was over a year ago - I dont talk to him nearly as much now, and I cant remove him from my life without MASSIVE DRAMA - so I just kind of ignore him. He still tries to bring it up and talk about it whenever he can though. UGH.

okay so i was camming w/ a girl a little less than a year ago and in her room on MFC.. and after she had gone home her regular messaged her and told her he think he knew me and she didnt know what to say so she didnt respond. Anyways I was camming and he came into my room and PM'd me (tipped me for the friends list) and said "hey i think i know you" and i responded w/ "well i dunno there" and he told me where he went to high school and what year he graduated- EXACT to mine at first i wanted to freak but before i could he told me that he didnt want anyone knowing he was on MFC being a perv lol and my secret was safe. He wasn't a good friend just a kid i went to high school with and he would randomly tip me and was super supportive actually about my camming choice. the only sexual thing he said to me was "I wish i hit on you in high school" LOL. Anyways I wouldn't mind if it was a situation like this happened again but if someone found me and got super weird or was going to be drama I would hope they would keep there mouths shut!

GenXoxo said:
If it was me, I'd prefer him to never mention it, just block me & keep it to himself. Knowing someone with access to your real life also has access to your work is super nervewracking, even if you have no bad intentions! If its no big deal to you, I'd just block her and not say anything.

THIS

A guy who had been regular in my room for a few weeks (tips and chatting) decided to tell me via PM, while I was online, that he had actually met me irl through a friend of mine around the time that he discovered my room.

1. Why he thought that he would tell me this while I was on cam is beyond me. Did he want to see a reaction?

2. I wish he had said nothing.

3. Because he made me so uncomfortable that I politely asked him not to come back to my room, even though he was a perfectly nice guy and I'm in no position to be getting rid of tippers at the moment.

If he had said nothing, he would have been welcome to stay but because he made that 'outside world' connection and freaked the shit out of me (knew my real name, stuff about me which he found out from my friend without telling her why he was asking!) he had to go. I stayed offline for over a week because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.