AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suicide Girls questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitheVelour

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 29, 2015
Las Vegas
www.sherisranch.com
Twitter Username
@BlitheVelour
Tumblr Username
BlitheVelour
MFC Username
BlitheVelour
Streamate Username
BlitheVelour
I just got accepted to be a Suicide Girl hopeful. All I have to do is get a photo set accepted as set of the day and I'll be a full blown Suicide Girl. I'm confident in my abilities, but it is going to be a lot of work. I have to find a photographer and fill out some release forms. I know it will probably be worth it, but I was curious if any of the other models have any experience with this?

BlitheVelour said:
I just got accepted to be a Suicide Girl hopeful. All I have to do is get a photo set accepted as set of the day and I'll be a full blown Suicide Girl. I'm confident in my abilities, but it is going to be a lot of work. I have to find a photographer and fill out some release forms. I know it will probably be worth it, but I was curious if any of the other models have any experience with this?
All I'll say is do NOT glance over the contract. Make sure it's really what you want. Their non-competition clause is known to be rather limiting on peoples careers. In fact I believe it even means you can't get naked on mfc anymore.

"for two (2) years after the full execution of this Assignment, will not directly or indirectly: (i) sell or otherwise provide Internet, photographic, video, film, audio, text, design, artistic or other creative content to any “SG Competitor”

"With the new contract, we just ask that you do not model for competing sites during your time with SG. If you are currently on another site, we ask that you wait to apply until you are no longer modeling for them.

Just read this a few times, then decide.
http://themagdaleneperspective.blogspot.com/2012/12/why-i-hate-suicide-girls.html

JerryBoBerry said:
BlitheVelour said:
All I'll say is do NOT glance over the contract. Make sure it's really what you want. Their non-competition clause is known to be rather limiting on peoples careers. In fact I believe it even means you can't get naked on mfc anymore.

"for two (2) years after the full execution of this Assignment, will not directly or indirectly: (i) sell or otherwise provide Internet, photographic, video, film, audio, text, design, artistic or other creative content to any “SG Competitor”

"With the new contract, we just ask that you do not model for competing sites during your time with SG. If you are currently on another site, we ask that you wait to apply until you are no longer modeling for them.

http://themagdaleneperspective.blogspot.com/2012/12/why-i-hate-suicide-girls.html

That would only apply to me if I was on contract I think and there weren't many models that were contract. The form I got from them said that unless I sign a contract with them I can model on other sites too. I'm going to read the blog just for the info. I already read my release forms etc, but I haven't submitted anything yet because I just found out and haven't shot a set yet.

BlitheVelour said:
JerryBoBerry said:
BlitheVelour said:

That would only apply to me if I was on contract I think and there weren't many models that were contract. The form I got from them said that unless I sign a contract with them I can model on other sites too. I'm going to read the blog just for the info. I already read my release forms etc, but I haven't submitted anything yet because I just found out and haven't shot a set yet.

Actually, I think you're right. They worded that part of the FAQ strangely in the beginning so I misunderstood. Now that I've seen that and now that I've read the blog you linked I'm not sure if I want to do it anymore.

I wasn't going to say it first but I'm glad someone else did.

Quite a few of us here model for http://www.godsgirls.com.

We do what we want, work for whatever sites we want, get paid and don't have to jump through a million hoops to get accepted :thumbleft:

If you (or anyone else for that matter) want to see what the site is about you can join here at half off http://www.godsgirls.com/promo

JerryBoBerry said:
BlitheVelour said:

I know that Petitemarie on MFC is a Suicide Girl and doesn't seem to have gotten any grief for it. She's Coralinne on SG.

Getting a set accepted as "set of the day" is not usually an easy feat. Some girls end up being hopefuls for YEARS before they have a set chosen, and other girls never get a set chosen at all. In the meantime, not only are you giving the site free content to profit off of, you are usually the one paying for the privilege. Most Suicide Girls photographers charge for their services because otherwise they don't get paid unless you do, and it can get pretty expensive.

They're known for having fairly fearse non-competition clauses in their contracts, and as far as I'm aware, all models have to sign one. If you model for Suicide Girls, you can't model for any site that is in competition with them (GodsGirls is a good example). Their contracts for models have gotten less strict over the years (lawsuits were involved), but their non-competition clause is still a huge pain for photographers from what I've heard.

Personally? I'd steer clear of them given their history of taking adventage of their models/photographers, but it really depends what you want to get out of being on the site. If you just like the brand and the community, it might be worth it for you. But if you're looking to make money, I would think it over carefully. It's a lot of work for the chance of making $500 every once in a while.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

Thanks for the input everyone! I did decide NOT to go through with it. I know some SG's cam, which apparently is okay depending on the situation, but I still don't want to be providing them with free content especially if there is no benefit really. I've also been talking to a guy who used to work with them and he warned me that it wasn't what I thought it would it be.

I haven't even started camming yet because I want to invest in a good cam first and wanted to get bills out of the way. I thought SG would be a good way to do it, but it would have been a big mistake. I did apply for GodsGirls where girls are paid for every set (which is honestly how it should be) I mean isn't SG a big enough name that could afford to pay everyone? To me it seems like they just choose not to. Not cool.

I've been interested in this a lot lately too... I know some ladies model on MFC - does MFC not count as a competitor with SuicideGirls?
Would be neat to be one for the community aspect but paying out of pocket to have your creative work displayed for someone elses profit is supppper shitty.

katza_ said:
I've been interested in this a lot lately too... I know some ladies model on MFC - does MFC not count as a competitor with SuicideGirls?
Would be neat to be one for the community aspect but paying out of pocket to have your creative work displayed for someone elses profit is supppper shitty.

It depends. As a previous post in this thread pointed out there's another camgirl on mfc right now that doesn't seem to have a problem with being a suicide girl. But there's also another [former] member of the forum who use to do both. SaraXLive use to never be fully nude on mfc due to the contract, granted she would come as close to it as can be. So I'm not sure.

Yeah what Tristyn said :?

> Pay photog/makeup and spend hours making a set
>Submit it and HOPE that you'll make 200-500$ from it once while SG profits indefinitely

Doesnt really seem worth it to have those photos out there forever :think:

It seems kind of pointless unless you're really passionate about neopinup/"alt modelling". Maybe internet popularity? Idk it doesnt seem like the models get a whole lot out of it for what they put in. You could make that kind of money in a day working hard on MFC.

Reactions: JordanBlack and Gen
ummm as far as photographers go (for any reason) you might be able to find some who will work for you on a trade basis /in exchange for one of their projects or if there is potential of pay. I would also recommend sites like zivity/diverxity... you can shoot things yourself or with a photographer and possibly make a bit of change doing so.

To clarify the MFC as a competitor thing, I happened to e-mail them recently (I get a lot of members on MFC asking if I'm SG so I figured I'd look into it) and this is the e-mail I got from Lyxzen:

Hi lovely!

MFC is not considered a competitor of SG, nope! You can continue to work with them all you like, but any photos that you are hoping for SG to buy, I would not sell via MFC. As an example, if you have a set accepted to Member Review, but it is not purchased as Set of the Day, you can have it removed from SG after it has been up for 90 days. After it's removed, you would be totally free to sell it on MFC without any issues at all! :)

You can find all the info you will need about SG's requirements, the application process, and shooting sets in the Girls FAQ: https://suicidegirls.com/model/faq/ There is also a link to apply in the FAQ when you are ready!

Hope all that helps, dear!

xo,
Lyxzen Suicide
SuicideGirls Inc.

That's also pretty cool that if a set you submit doesn't get purchased as Set of the Day, you can always sell it on MFC 90 days later so it's not a waste of your time/money + you can always use them on Twitter.

Just something else to add for girls considering. :)

ETA: Also she never mentioned anything about not being allowed to be naked/do shows on MFC while working for SG so I'm not sure what's going on with what Jerry said. Maybe they've changed the contract?

IvyR said:
To clarify the MFC as a competitor thing, I happened to e-mail them recently (I get a lot of members on MFC asking if I'm SG so I figured I'd look into it) and this is the e-mail I got from Lyxzen:

Hi lovely!

MFC is not considered a competitor of SG, nope! You can continue to work with them all you like, but any photos that you are hoping for SG to buy, I would not sell via MFC. As an example, if you have a set accepted to Member Review, but it is not purchased as Set of the Day, you can have it removed from SG after it has been up for 90 days. After it's removed, you would be totally free to sell it on MFC without any issues at all! :)

You can find all the info you will need about SG's requirements, the application process, and shooting sets in the Girls FAQ: https://suicidegirls.com/model/faq/ There is also a link to apply in the FAQ when you are ready!

Hope all that helps, dear!

xo,
Lyxzen Suicide
SuicideGirls Inc.

That's also pretty cool that if a set you submit doesn't get purchased as Set of the Day, you can always sell it on MFC 90 days later so it's not a waste of your time/money + you can always use them on Twitter.

Just something else to add for girls considering. :)

ETA: Also she never mentioned anything about not being allowed to be naked/do shows on MFC while working for SG so I'm not sure what's going on with what Jerry said. Maybe they've changed the contract?

Yeah the competitors would be another site such as GG. You can also do other shoots for other places, i.e alternative magazines etc as they aren't classed as a competitive site. The photographer that I use shoots for magazines and other places worldwide and some sets that aren't bought by suicide girls, she arranges to be sold elsewhere. I've emailed them a few times to clarify it and webcam modelling is not a problem at all, nor selling videos etc.

From what I've heard from ex models, the "hopefuls" thing is just a way to get free sets from girls while only having to pay 1/10, ever. Remember, unless you are the lucky 1/10 you don't get paid and you gave up a set you paid for, to them to use to expand their business, for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.