AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suspicious Activity - Streamate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camgirl10

Banhammered
May 25, 2015
Hey guys, I had something very unusual happen to me on Streamate recently. A member that had privates with me in the past came to my room and pretty much stayed the whole time I was online. Towards the end, he commented on my profile pic and then said how there's a video beneath it available for purchase. I told him Streamate doesn't sell videos for purchase on the site and I certainly don't upload any videos of myself on Streamate. He said it's there. I contacted Liz and she removed the video. So I followed up to see what is going on and how that video ended up on my SM profile for purchase.

Now I'm thinking all sorts of things. Could somebody have hacked into my account on SM or into the SM system and posted a video of me on my profile and then link to where it can be purchased?? I have no idea what is going on but this is pretty scary stuff, considering if there is an actual hacker then they saw my address, name, social, etc.

I don't know what to think but I'm afraid to even go online anymore. That custie who said he saw the video of me under my profile pic was very shady. I haven't seen him in my room since Jan. 2015 and then last in Nov. and Dec. Now he somehow found me again even though I had my screen name changed and all my favorites deleted on SM. He sat the whole time in my room complimenting and telling me how he is starring and blah blah. He asked questions and asked me if this a new profile and that he doesn't remember the screen name I have now.

I don't know what to make out of all this and how a video of me appeared on my profile. NEVER in my entire time on SM have I uploaded any videos of myself on the site or anywhere else on the internet. I don't sell clips or anything. So this is all very strange. What makes it very interesting is that he said the video is saying that it is available for purchase and he even mentioned the date of the webcam show.

Completely lost here. :(((((

I'm not a SM girl so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've seen many SM models talk about SM selling recorded shows of you without giving the model a cut.

Hopefully a SM veteran can verify

JoleneBrody said:
I'm not a SM girl so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've seen many SM models talk about SM selling recorded shows of you without giving the model a cut.

Hopefully a SM veteran can verify

I really hope this is the case and not some hacker.

Sorry can't help much with the SM issue, but.. I thought you said you weren't going to be using this forum much, if at all?

That said, glad you're back and I do hope someone has some answers for you. Maybe this go-round will be a better experience for you.

The videos available for purchase on Streamate are videos recorded from shows performed on Streamate. As far as I know, there is no option to upload videos. If a hacker breaks into your account, he can't upload videos.

But just in case, change your password on Streamate, and also the password on your email. Enable two factor authentication on your email if available.

Yes, Streamate does record and sell models' private shows, and models do not get a cut. I know it sucks, but it's something that SM models agreed to when they signed up. If you go to the 'My Videos' tab in your profile, SM customers can pay a fee to see your recorded videos. I can't remember if you can actually see your own videos from there, or if you have to be logged into a SM member's account in order to see them. I've heard that you could e-mail Model Support, and ask them to remove you from future promos (and I'm not even sure that they will), but doing so could hurt your placement, supposedly.

Songbird_Shelly said:
Yes, Streamate does record and sell models' private shows, and models do not get a cut. I know it sucks, but it's something that SM models agreed to when they signed up. If you go to the 'My Videos' tab in your profile, SM customers can pay a fee to see your recorded videos. I can't remember if you can actually see your own videos from there, or if you have to be logged into a SM member's account in order to see them. I've heard that you could e-mail Model Support, and ask them to remove you from future promos (and I'm not even sure that they will), but doing so could hurt your placement, supposedly.

Thanks for the clarification and yes Streamate informed me of this.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
AmberCutie said:
Sorry can't help much with the SM issue, but.. I thought you said you weren't going to be using this forum much, if at all?

That said, glad you're back and I do hope someone has some answers for you. Maybe this go-round will be a better experience for you.

As for you, your response shows what a heartless cunt you are! You're right! I only needed to come here to ask this question. Oh well, I got what I needed. Karma be with you! And no, I won't be reading your response back. Bye bye bitch!

Camgirl10 said:
AmberCutie said:

As for you, your response shows what a heartless cunt you are! You're right! I only needed to come here to ask this question. Oh well, I got what I needed. Karma be with you! And no, I won't be reading your response back. Bye bye bitch!

Well that escalated quickly :?

Camgirl10 said:

And bye bye bitch to you too!

Toodles!

Just shows that first impressions are lasting. Had this person not made such an asshole of themselves during their first visit, I'd have never pointed out the irony of them coming back for info after saying "google search is more helpful". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.