AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tax write offs.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2020
MFC Username
Lyllla
What can we write off for taxes?

I also bought new furniture for my bedroom and was wondering could I use that to write off as well?

I also bought new furniture for my bedroom and was wondering could I use that to write off as well?
In the UK the question would be is this solely in the pursuit of your business, is this solely a camming room if not what proportion is cam use, what proportion personal use. I have a dedicated work room, it's something I learned early in my sex work for many reasons but I know this isn't always practical or possible for others.

... i mean I do. You're only supposed to write off stuff that will be for sole use in the business (ie. You cant write off a bed you sleep in as well as cam from)

So ... you sleep somewhere else if the IRS asks 😅

You can write off your bed. Your furniture. The fancy new blender you bought so you could make shakes to energize you before going online. I’ve seen certain cam models saying how they wrote off designer purses as a tax deduction.

However, if you get ever get audited and can’t prove that whatever you wrote off was used solely for your business, you’d have to pay penalties and interest.

I am not camming but more like an online domme.

I wrote off health insurance premiums, SEP/retirement contributions (I contributed 50k to mine in 2023) , domain name renewals, hosting bill, Reddit automation software, a bunch of Gumroad classes about making money, money spent on competitor research (to see what other creators are doing), PO BOX rental (for email list purposes as it requires a physical address), half of my internet, advertising costs, Quickbook monthly fees, apps I use on my pc for work (smooth scroll, RSI guard), consultations with tax preparers... Paid apps I use on my phone for watermarking, editing etc.

Lots of supplies; 2 new laptops (I use them for work 100% of the time),2 laptop bags (I really did buy them to carry my laptops around because I don't like to leave the house without a laptop in case someone wants to get drained), a sidetrak monitor for my laptop, tons of mouses, usb hubs, usb drives, foldable keyboards, tons of USB cables for different things, laptop stands, phone stands, curved monitor light... almost all tech stuff.

If you have a HSA you can write off contributions to that too.

Also phone bill (its just $180 for the year). If the IRS wants to look at my call logs they will see that no one calls me and i call no one. I use it strictly to get audio notifications every time I get a message on LoyalFans.

Last year I wrote off tablet purchases (using this for work strictly), electronic standing desk, underdesk treadmill. Im in front of the pc 15 hours a day so many expenses I have are related to that, outsourcing if you hire people to do grunt work

About the bed, if you only use it for camming you can write off all of it. If you sleep on it you can only write off a portion...

For example with internet you can write off just 40% From this article https://www.keepertax.com/posts/how-to-deduct-internet-expenses#:~:text=You can only write off 40% of your internet bill.

Calculating your business-use percentage for Wi-Fiv​

You (probably) don't have separate "work" and "leisure" Wi-Fi connections for the same space, so this percentage can be tricky to figure out. Here's an example:

Selin uses their home internet to work on freelance projects from 12 PM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday. They're generally awake from 8 AM to 9 PM every day. Here’s how they can calculate their business-use percentage for internet:

1. They figure out their total waking hours for the week: 12 hours x 7 days = 84 hours
  2. They calculate their total work-related internet usage for the week: 6 hours x 5 days = 30 hours
  3. They divide 30 hours by 84 hours to find the business-use percentage of their home internet
That's around 36%, which means that Selin can deduct 36% of their internet bill"..

So I would assume its the same for a bed, what percent do you use for work? If you have a bed ONLY for cam then you can write it off 100%.

Also fuck working 30 hours a week for that calculation. I am online 15 hrs a day for work, 7 days a week and I am very comfortable proving that to the IRS because its the truth. My own internet usage for work is probably 15 hrs a day. I am constantly monitoring new notifications and interacting to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.