AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

TAXES CANADA

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Canadian Model (since 2003). Been filing cam model taxes for along time. It is not that complicated at all.

I am working on a blog post for it.

Hello Minnie Im totally new in this whole world of cam modeling and I would like to ask you how did you declared your taxes? did you actually stated you were a cam model? or a self employed? sorry if I bother anyone with this question Im just feeling very concern about this topic.

This is my first year on MFC and I have no idea how to declare my taxes, I live in Canada. HELP!!? :dontknow:
Im also trying to figure out!It comes to my mind to ask models working in canada if webcam/ cam girl job is legal in Canada according to the new law about sex workers. Dont get me wrong Im just new into all this

Im also trying to figure out!It comes to my mind to ask models working in canada if webcam/ cam girl job is legal in Canada according to the new law about sex workers. Dont get me wrong Im just new into all this

Don't worry! It is definitely legal. If you can afford it I would go seek out a professional accountant or tax person, someone who deals with the self employed and then you don't have to worry about making mistakes. I follow this girl who makes a lot of money on Chaturbate and this is what she recommends.

Reactions: Britney
You don't need to say directly you are a cam model, but you do want to make sure that your expenses you use for your cam girl business as declared computer upgrades, webcam, internet bill, maybe a cell phone, hydro sometimes, warddrobe, and its debateable if you can declare make up

Best resource I Can give who can give you advice on that would to contact www.loosechange.ca She works with a lot of people who are in the arts and other self employed categories and there is also www.taxmaam.ca as well.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ms_Diane

legal or not government wants their money declare taxes.

You don't need to say directly you are a cam model, but you do want to make sure that your expenses you use for your cam girl business as declared computer upgrades, webcam, internet bill, maybe a cell phone, hydro sometimes, warddrobe, and its debateable if you can declare make up

Best resource I Can give who can give you advice on that would to contact www.loosechange.ca She works with a lot of people who are in the arts and other self employed categories and there is also www.taxmaam.ca as well.

Thank you girl! I will try to seek an accountant sounds like the best idea. Im thinking I could tell them Im a consultant or something like that but I guess i would have to write MFC somewhere on a form...am im right? I really didnt get to earn enough money it was less than $300 but I guess I have to declare taxes for this little amount too

Thank you girl! I will try to seek an accountant sounds like the best idea. Im thinking I could tell them Im a consultant or something like that but I guess i would have to write MFC somewhere on a form...am im right? I really didnt get to earn enough money it was less than $300 but I guess I have to declare taxes for this little amount too

You are an independent contractor with all cam sites so that is the base where you start
Canadian government actually has a category for sex workers when it comes to taxes but since this is online work you need a title that is more appropriate. They even have online gamble as a title.

I'm self employed, I have an accountant

Depending on how much you are making maybe you should look into getting an accountant too?

Generally they aren't that expensive & usually the amount you pay them you save more with their expertise anyway

Also for me it's well worth it to avoid the stress, I just email them my invoices etc for the year, they tell me how much I'm going to have to pay, it's great.

I only got to do $350 since I worked only for a very short period of time and I quitted caming but I was thinking if I should declare this amount, I receive he payment through Payoneer and used their debit card anything else

Minnie! Thank you for such good info.

What about filing taxes in the US? I am under the impression that if you are Canadian and living in Canada, making USD and being paid by a US company, even if you are not a US citizen, you are supposed to file taxes in the US too.

I have a feeling I need to file in Canada and the US?

oy vey.

What about filing taxes in the US? I am under the impression that if you are Canadian and living in Canada, making USD and being paid by a US company, even if you are not a US citizen, you are supposed to file taxes in the US too.

oy vey.

I've never lived in the US so you would need to speak an accountant about that.

I've only lived in Canada and making US Dollar income and I file my taxes based on the Canadian value of the income I make from being an internet website affiliate. Doesn't matter if it's from being a webcam model or a website affiliate for a vanilla affiliate company that pays me in US dollars for selling their products.

I know what I earn in US dollars and I file my taxes based on the Canadian dollar value. it does get a little tricking sometimes since it is so much easier to just print off my earning sheets from the websites I work with and add them up. but I can't since every time I am paid I have keep track of the Canadian dollar value that day I actually receive the money

I only got to do $350 since I worked only for a very short period of time and I quitted caming but I was thinking if I should declare this amount, I receive he payment through Payoneer and used their debit card anything else
I don't think you need to declare anything under 8k. Don't quote me on that though.

oy vey.
You only need to file taxes in America if you are an American citizen living in Canada. Then you have to do both and it's only above a certain amount.

As a canadian living in Canada you do not pay taxes to America in this situation.

Reactions: Ms_Diane
Hiya! Fellow Canadian here. I do my taxes at home, easily, with studio tax software. Since we are considered independent contractors, we need to fill out a form for independent contractors that declare our expenses and gross incomes.

Here is a mini guide:
https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-reso...-income/how-do-you-file-contract-payments.jsp

You can find more online or call the CRA for further info. If you do get an accountant, you don't need to specify anything except you are an independent contractor in entertainment and provide your payslips to them.

Good luck, Canuck!

Hiya! Fellow Canadian here. I do my taxes at home, easily, with studio tax software. Since we are considered independent contractors, we need to fill out a form for independent contractors that declare our expenses and gross incomes.

Here is a mini guide:
https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-reso...-income/how-do-you-file-contract-payments.jsp

You can find more online or call the CRA for further info. If you do get an accountant, you don't need to specify anything except you are an independent contractor in entertainment and provide your payslips to them.

Good luck, Canuck!

Hello Applecup Im a canadian model too, this is going to be the first time i will be doing my taxes and I have some concerns and questions about it, would you mind helping me?

ThreadNecro.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.