AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Taxes in Canada (cam girl/content creator)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thr33

Cam Model
Apr 3, 2017
Canada
Hey everyone,
I have 3 questions i need help with please :happy:
I had a thread last year i commented in but cannot find so I want to ask:

1) what are the basic write offs for taxes that you can think of?
I believe part of rent/utilities/internet are the 3 main ones?
i'll explain: I am a cam model/content creator, however my style is natural and simple; i do not usually wear makeup (or if i do i keep it minimal) or any crazy outfits.
so unlike most models, i don't have any of that stuff to write off. I also live walking distance from the convention, so don't have any travel expenses either :) i also do not mail anything etc, you get the point.

2)when doing taxes there is 3 options : Business, Professional, Commission. Which one do we fall under and need to select?
3) what industry code do you use? I saw that a few of them could apply, so which one is best to use?

Please let me know, thank you :)

Any equipment you buy for camming- like a computer, camera, phone. Any lighting.
Since its your home office, anything that a non-home office could write off, like part of cleaning supplies. Rent and utilities, of course, Part of your phone bill. Furniture for your cam space.
If you pay for content hosting/cloud storage (Like dropbox/Google drive/icloud/etc) for your pictures/clips, you can write that off.

*disclaimer I'm not an accountant and may be wrong about any of these but these are things that I always write off*

• Helpful!
Reactions: thr33
Thank you for all this and yes I will write off the basics such as rent and utilities and internet. those for sure i know i can :) everything else mentioned doesn't apply to me sadly, but hey it makes my taxes simpler so i won't complain! andI live in one of Canada's sunniest cities and i've never needed lighting or any fancy equipment (lucky me!) but if i ever do in future i know i can write that off :) toys etc i don't really use and I just use what i have had before and plus i had many gifted to me from amazon wishlist :)

Do either one of you know the answer to question #2.

everything else is good to go and thank you again for confirming and helping me ^_^

* reason for edit, i just reread the 1st reply and okay i'll use business. thank you :) *

Status
Not open for further replies.