AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Team Camgirls

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SexySteph

Cam Model
Mar 11, 2013
Kansas
sexysteph.net
Twitter Username
@SexyStephMFC
MFC Username
SexySteph
Streamate Username
SexySteph
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/61365/stephaniexs
They say they're a group of camgirls promoting themselves and others but, they don't say WHO they are. Does anyone know anything about them? I'm not a huge fan of sending photos to promoters with so few followers and no credibility. One of my male followers retweets all their stuff and promotes them so I'm almost wondering if it's him and not camgirls at all...

Reactions: SerenaMoon
If they don't have many followers why bother giving them anything? I see lots of little promoters here and there, but most seem just like some rabid fanboy with a twitter obsession is running them. It's probably best to just stick to the ones we already know. Unless you can figure out who they are and you think it's worth supporting, because right now, you are doing more for them, than they are probably going to do for you.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

In my opinion, any new "promoter" account on Twitter should start out by simply retweeting content and gaining quality followers before even thinking about asking for content to be sent directly to them. Unless the promoter is already successful and has a good rep, I would never send them anything. There are WAY too many people out there trying to profit off of other peoples' (especially naked ladies) work and content, and even more who just get off on the attention they get by pretending to be a legit promoter.

AmberCutie said:
In my opinion, any new "promoter" account on Twitter should start out by simply retweeting content and gaining quality followers before even thinking about asking for content to be sent directly to them. Unless the promoter is already successful and has a good rep, I would never send them anything. There are WAY too many people out there trying to profit off of other peoples' (especially naked ladies) work and content, and even more who just get off on the attention they get by pretending to be a legit promoter.
It's always a little silly to me when an account with 200 followers is asking a camgirl with 30,000 followers to send a picture to "help promote her".

If promotional accounts want custom pics and fansigns they should pay for them - calling yourself a promoter is not the secret access code to get models to pop out free content just for you. IMO no legit promoter should be individually tweeting at models asking for content. Once they get famous enough to actually promote anyone, models will send in pics on their own.

Evvie said:
It's always a little silly to me when an account with 200 followers is asking a camgirl with 30,000 followers to send a picture to "help promote her".

I was thinking exactly that. I got bored so I looked at their number of Tweets, Following, and Followers. I did a basic statistical technique of squaring each of the numbers then taking the square root of the sum of those squares to give one representative number to quantify their 'Promotion Factor' (PF) as a whole.

Then because I was still bored I did the same thing from a random sampling of the models following them that would be wanting their promotion. And a few other random models from here on the forum.

Doing that math their number came out to be 311. Of the 31 models I randomly chose every single one of them had a higher number.

The numbers are below. The multiplier column is how many times greater the models PF number is over the Team Camgirls number.

Basically it quantifies what Evvie said. They are currently in no position to promote anyone, as it seems every model out there is already doing much more promotion than they are capable of at this moment. Oh and then I made it into a pretty little graph (you got it, still bored). The red line is their PF as a base line to visually show how much higher all the other numbers are.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 6_7_2013 , 4_22_31 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 6_7_2013 , 4_22_31 PM.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 575
  • Screenshot - 6_7_2013 , 4_23_37 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 6_7_2013 , 4_23_37 PM.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 575
Jessi said:
If anyone wants to "promote" me, they had better have a wider audience than I do. Otherwise Im the one doing them a favour :lol:
You have a PF rating of 11,899. You should charge others $20 a retweet for promoting them. :lol:

I DM'd them to find out more and supposedly they are a camgirl (gave me a name, but don't want to call her out). But, they have no followers barely at all... I told them I'd send a few pics but the more that I think about it, the less likely it is that I'm gonna do it.

Reactions: SerenaMoon
JerryBoBerry said:
Evvie said:

I was thinking exactly that. I got bored so I looked at their number of Tweets, Following, and Followers. I did a basic statistical technique of squaring each of the numbers then taking the square root of the sum of those squares to give one representative number to quantify their 'Promotion Factor' (PF) as a whole.

Then because I was still bored I did the same thing from a random sampling of the models following them that would be wanting their promotion. And a few other random models from here on the forum.

Doing that math their number came out to be 311. Of the 31 models I randomly chose every single one of them had a higher number.

The numbers are below. The multiplier column is how many times greater the models PF number is over the Team Camgirls number.

Basically it quantifies what Evvie said. They are currently in no position to promote anyone, as it seems every model out there is already doing much more promotion than they are capable of at this moment. Oh and then I made it into a pretty little graph (you got it, still bored). The red line is their PF as a base line to visually show how much higher all the other numbers are.

Holy fuck this post turned me on.

I've gotten a message from them before.
And they mention like "camgirls helping camgirls" all the time. Who doesn't like that right? I'm an ACF junkie so hey sure..
But it's totally run by a dude named Tim. Looking for fansigns to celebrate 10,000 followers. :?

No. Not a camgirl.

Yep. I got the same DM as you did. I asked, what do you mean by "promote". They replied feature me on their page and retweet me to their followers... I said, by "page" do you mean you have a website or do you just mean your Twitter page... They said they meant their Twitter page.. I didn't answer. No thanks, dude. Seems like a guy trying to get free shows to me...

xDollPartsx said:
Yep. I got the same DM as you did. I asked, what do you mean by "promote". They replied feature me on their page and retweet me to their followers... I said, by "page" do you mean you have a website or do you just mean your Twitter page... They said they meant their Twitter page.. I didn't answer. No thanks, dude. Seems like a guy trying to get free shows to me...

Because the 2 followers you might gain from his promotion would TOTALLY be worth a free show

ayyfgYL.gif

Are they the same ones who completely ripped off Miss Lollipop's multi girl panties raffle?

Because that was super tacky. I'd disassociate with them for tacky shit like that if I was affiliated in any way. Unless the promotion on Twitter is paying off in huge ways, I would avoid getting very involved with any of these so called promoters on there.

AmberCutie said:
Are they the same ones who completely ripped off Miss Lollipop's multi girl panties raffle?

Because that was super tacky. I'd disassociate with them for tacky shit like that if I was affiliated in any way. Unless the promotion on Twitter is paying off in huge ways, I would avoid getting very involved with any of these so called promoters on there.

:shock: I didn't know that happened. Some people man. Personally I've never had any major success with promoters bringing in quality followers, even the "legit" ones. They all seem like freeloaders that just bring more freeloaders, to me anyway.

AmberCutie said:

Yep, immediately after Lolli's ended.

They have sent me several messages since I started several months ago asking to "trade a cam show for extra free promotion." The first time, they suggested we Skype "so they could explain their promotions, etc." and this week they asked for a Skype show in exchange for "featured posts and photos promoting me."

So, yeah, BIG NOPE.

Okay, I will say that I did participate in their raffle as one of the cam girls and I was contacted long before I heard about Miss Lolli's raffle (not saying anything about timing or when Miss Lolli announced it due to the fact that I joined the forum a little before her launch of her raffle and had I heard about it first I would have much rather participated in that one) and it actually got postponed but there was no explanation why.

It IS run by a guy not a camgirl at all, but that was never misrepresented to me and I was never asked for any type of show whatsoever... HOWEVER, even with RT's and all of that, those numbers are right. It has done nothing to help with promotion at all. I wouldn't recommend dealing with them at all. Never got a bad vibe, just didn't help much. Keep in mind I added them when I first started camming not long ago and didn't know jack in general and I am just now getting the hang of Twitter lol. Now I just need to figure out how to work twitter to start deleting people off of my following list. I have a TON of weirdos I need to clear out :?

KamikaziKitty said:
And yes, I do feel like a complete asshat saying I even participated in the raffle... Feel free to chastise away

I don't think it's necessarily the models faults, he is the one who blatantly ripped off the idea.

It's just like the ones who create twitter accounts like "I love big breasts" "I love booty" "Camgirls rule" bla bla bla

and they favorite your tweets and retweet, letting on they are doing you are favor.

Just anyway for them to try and get some free pics off you.

My experiences with him:

He was incredibly rude to me. He came to me asking me about the panty raffle - and asked 'how i would feel' about them doing something similar next month. I said I was all for multi-cam model promotions and raffles and advised him to make sure it didn't look like a rip off of mine. He assured me it would be completely unique. I then asked him 'cool! if its unique tho not sure why you felt the need to ask my blessing"... i got no response. He also NEVER once promoted me or my panty raffle at all.

Fast forward to him dming a number of models asking them to participate. I got several concered texts emails etc that the guy was ripping me off. At that point i contacted him and told him he was looking 'bad' and that it didn't look unique AT all. I informed him i was getting concerned emails from models an he might want to see if he could put some kind of spin on it so that it didnt look like a carbon copy.

He replied that 'they just feel there is room for more of these events' and that there are 'unique elements that even the models they are approaching dont know about yet" ...

He also told me that 'most of the models they were approaching were LOW camscore/new models who didnt even know anything about my raffle"

I basically said "just please dont tell girls I'm supporting this, leave me out of it" (because he was) and he said a few weird rude things and I just ignored the whole thing.

I don't really CARE that he copied me .. i was just very surprised. I think all it did was make him look like an unoriginal twat. His responses to me were incredibly rude.

I would stay away from this person, IMO.

TO BE CLEAR: i have no issue with anyone using the idea of a multi model raffle or panty raffle even.. they are not exactly unique concepts. it was just insane how much of a carbon copy it was. The only discernable difference was that it was 3 pairs of panties from each model, rather than 1 pair.. If i was in his shoes - i can think of 10 unique ideas that would have made it something 'new' an not such an obvious rip off.

Miss_Lollipop said:
My experiences with him:

He was incredibly rude to me. He came to me asking me about the panty raffle - and asked 'how i would feel' about them doing something similar next month. I said I was all for multi-cam model promotions and raffles and advised him to make sure it didn't look like a rip off of mine. He assured me it would be completely unique. I then asked him 'cool! if its unique tho not sure why you felt the need to ask my blessing"... i got no response. He also NEVER once promoted me or my panty raffle at all.

Fast forward to him dming a number of models asking them to participate. I got several concered texts emails etc that the guy was ripping me off. At that point i contacted him and told him he was looking 'bad' and that it didn't look unique AT all. I informed him i was getting concerned emails from models an he might want to see if he could put some kind of spin on it so that it didnt look like a carbon copy.

He replied that 'they just feel there is room for more of these events' and that there are 'unique elements that even the models they are approaching dont know about yet" ...

He also told me that 'most of the models they were approaching were LOW camscore/new models who didnt even know anything about my raffle"

I basically said "just please dont tell girls I'm supporting this, leave me out of it" (because he was) and he said a few weird rude things and I just ignored the whole thing.

I don't really CARE that he copied me .. i was just very surprised. I think all it did was make him look like an unoriginal twat. His responses to me were incredibly rude.

I would stay away from this person, IMO.

TO BE CLEAR: i have no issue with anyone using the idea of a multi model raffle or panty raffle even.. they are not exactly unique concepts. it was just insane how much of a carbon copy it was. The only discernable difference was that it was 3 pairs of panties from each model, rather than 1 pair.. If i was in his shoes - i can think of 10 unique ideas that would have made it something 'new' an not such an obvious rip off.

The image even looked really similar... lol

In case team camgirls is reading this:

Here are some unique ideas for next time your brain is empty:

-Panty raffle where you have say '12 models participating' you then have 12 winners and each winner gets a random girls pair of panties. You could call it Panty Roulette.

-Multi-Camgirl Raffle: winner gets a personalized 5 min video from each model with the model either cumming moaning the winners name or dancing/stripping to reveal the winner's name on their body. The raffle organizer could paste all these vids together into one.

-Multi-camgirl Raffle: winner gets a mailed package from every model - which could have ANYTHING in it (cookies, signed photos, hand made items etc)

-Create camgirl trading cards and allow the models participating to sell them.

-Create a limited edition photo book with photos of all the models participating. Raffle these books off. The girl who sells the most tickets could be on the cover.

-Snapchat raffle - for models that offer snapchat. Offer the winner/s the snapchats of EVERY model participating.

-Christmas raffle - winner gets a stocking full of goodies from each model. 2 Runners up get xmas cards from each model. Every ticket buyer gets a xmas e-card.

I came up with those in 5 minutes sitting here on my ass. Its not that difficult.. honest!

Miss_Lollipop said:

-Panty raffle where you have say '12 models participating' you then have 12 winners and each winner gets a random girls pair of panties. You could call it Panty Roulette.

-Multi-Camgirl Raffle: winner gets a personalized 5 min video from each model with the model either cumming moaning the winners name or dancing/stripping to reveal the winner's name on their body. The raffle organizer could paste all these vids together into one.

-Multi-camgirl Raffle: winner gets a mailed package from every model - which could have ANYTHING in it (cookies, signed photos, hand made items etc)

-Create a limited edition photo book with photos of all the models participating. Raffle these books off. The girl who sells the most tickets could be on the cover.

-Snapchat raffle - for models that offer snapchat. Offer the winner/s the snapchats of EVERY model participating.

-Christmas raffle - winner gets a stocking full of goodies from each model. 2 Runners up get xmas cards from each model. Every ticket buyer gets a xmas e-card.

I came up with those in 5 minutes sitting here on my ass. Its not that difficult.. honest!

When I was originally contacted it was a "panty raffle with a twist" where they could win skype time, a video, or panties but pretty much immediately after your raffle was over it changed to "just panty raffle" and I was only notified by the graphic for the raffle itself... So it was misrepresented to me as I originally planned on having videos as my raffle prize and nothing else (cost for me is a factor as I was a 1200 cs model and could only work limited hours). The whole way it was run was honestly not that well thought out from first contact to what it ended up being. Those are some amazing ideas for raffles Lolli and I'd give my left pinky toe to have that creativity on the spot like that :)

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
KamikaziKitty said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

When I was originally contacted it was a "panty raffle with a twist" where they could win skype time, a video, or panties but pretty much immediately after your raffle was over it changed to "just panty raffle" and I was only notified by the graphic for the raffle itself... So it was misrepresented to me as I originally planned on having videos as my raffle prize and nothing else (cost for me is a factor as I was a 1200 cs model and could only work limited hours). The whole way it was run was honestly not that well thought out from first contact to what it ended up being. Those are some amazing ideas for raffles Lolli and I'd give my left pinky toe to have that creativity on the spot like that :)

Right - in his DM's to me he told me that 'even the models he was pitching the idea too didn't know all the details'.

Meaning.. he didn't plan on fully disclosing to participants until after they were signed up.

I'm glad I found this! I too was contacted about the panty raffle... In order to sign up you had to send this guy your panties in order to "confirm participation". :roll:

Say he WASN'T just some dude trying to get free panties, whoever won the raffle would be getting dry, month-old, smelly panties...

:lol:

Just going to add. His new "contest" is a video giveaway. You send HIM a video, then he sends it to the winner...sorry this guy is creepville,

Status
Not open for further replies.