AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Text or images in "About me"?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ava1992

Cam Model
May 6, 2020
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@ava1992_
Chaturbate Username
prettyartist1992
Hi! :)

I hope everybody is well & that this is the correct place to ask.

I am re-doing my "about me/bio" section on my page.
Not sure whether to keep it as text or make that text into "info-graphics".

Would "info-graphics" annoy potential viewers or would they mostly like it?

Obviously everybody is different, but I am just trying to think from their perspective.
Like a tip menu, info about the fan club with a photo of me, etc.

I don't want people to have to wait a long time on my page
for all the photos to load & keep scrolling just to get information.

But at the same time, a wall of text is challenging to read too
(I tried to space it out as much as I could and not go into too much detail...lol.)

When reading other models' pages, do you prefer to see text in the "about me", graphics, or both?
Is it helpful to see info about private shows and fan clubs, or does it come across as too pushy?

Thank you!
:h:

I would suggest doing both. For me, as a member, a bio section is very important and can make the difference between sticking around or hitting the "back" button.
I would have some compelling text, and then images. Good luck!

Ive always leaned toward using text, in case someone is using a translator or text-to-speech. Thats probably not very often though :haha: text may display better across different devices.

If you do go the graphics route, maybe include your rules and tip menu in your chat as well using a bot :)

• Hugs
Reactions: ava1992
As a member, mix it up. Too much text and I'm going to either skim over it, read a couple of paragraphs or none at all.

Make it interesting about you, something to make people want to stick around. Even if you come up with something completely off the wall on the page, sometimes that will get someone to come in and stick around a bit. I know I've caught something like that and commented/tipped a model for it.

• Hugs
Reactions: NotYou and ava1992
Ive always leaned toward using text, in case someone is using a translator or text-to-speech. Thats probably not very often though :haha: text may display better across different devices.

If you do go the graphics route, maybe include your rules and tip menu in your chat as well using a bot :)
Thank you so much, thinkinboutit ! :)

I was thinking about that as well. I want it to be easy to translate and read.

I think I will do text for the information parts
Then mix it up with some photos in between just so it isn't a wall of text, lol.

:)

As a member, mix it up. Too much text and I'm going to either skim over it, read a couple of paragraphs or none at all.

Make it interesting about you, something to make people want to stick around. Even if you come up with something completely off the wall on the page, sometimes that will get someone to come in and stick around a bit. I know I've caught something like that and commented/tipped a model for it.

Hi, ForceTen ! :)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your perspective.

I was thinking some text ,but in easier to read points.
Then mix it up with photos in between.
Definitely agree that too much text is not the best lol.

I am going to really take some time to think about the look I want for my page
and make all the graphics.
I know some very basic HTML code
& want to research it more so I know how to add the graphics.

For the background of the info-graphics,
I was thinking I would make some new art and photography
since those are interests that many of my viewers share.

:)

For any photos or graphics, maybe try to use sizes/layouts that look acceptable on both desktop and mobile experiences, if possible.

I know with CB this is difficult, but as a user that primarily visits on my phone, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked at a bio that is disjointed or unreadable because the code doesn’t work properly in mobile format.

Hi, Smoothie :)

Thank you so much, that is a really good point!

I think most viewers are probably on a phone.
I will definitely make sure to look at it on mobile too to make sure it's readable.

I don't plan on having any side buttons or background images
just (my idea so far) :

(photo with info about me )

text

(photo )

(art graphic with some text as a 'tip menu') - tip menu is also in the room

text

Should that work ok on mobile?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smoothie
Hi, Smoothie :)

Thank you so much, that is a really good point!

I think most viewers are probably on a phone.
I will definitely make sure to look at it on mobile too to make sure it's readable.

I don't plan on having any side buttons or background images
just (my idea so far) :

(photo with info about me )

text

(photo )

(art graphic with some text as a 'tip menu') - tip menu is also in the room

text

Should that work ok on mobile?

Yeah, that’s the right idea... keeping everything stacked rather than side by side. That’s where a lot of bios run into problems on mobile, since the width of the viewable area is so much smaller on a mobile screen.

Also, if you can code it so the photo is set to about 90% of the viewable area’s width no matter the screen size that might help (I know there is some pretty basic HTML that can achieve this). Otherwise, keeping the actual width of the photo small also helps (although you’d obviously see it not taking up the full space on desktop, but it would at least look ok and be a good trade-off to avoid a broken mobile experience).

Good luck!

I'm always tweaking my bio so I stick to text and clickable link buttons (twitter, CB sign-up) to make it easier for me. I try to keep it neatly formatted with custom font and size. I use a bot notifier to let users know to check my bio for more information about tip menu, roll the dice, privates, fan club info etc.

Most people can't be bothered scrolling down to look at your bio before asking stupid questions in chat so I'm honestly not sure how much difference a dolled-up bio makes.

Reactions: odioso
Status
Not open for further replies.