AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

[TF2] Golden Wrenches for Charity

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2010
goldencharity.jpg

So about a month ago, Valve added the most recent class update to Team Fortress 2, the Engineer. Preceding the update, 100 players randomly received a Golden Wrench loot drop (making it the purplest of purples for all you WoW people [rare items are still purple, right?]), much to the chagrin and envy of the multitude of other players that did not, and would not, ever receive a Golden Wrench. Why? Because they were capped at 100, never to be distributed again.

A couple weeks ago, a TF2 player named WINGSPANTT announced his intention to destroy (in-game) the Golden Wrench, leaving only 99 in the world. However, after the story started making the rounds, he decided to use the publicity for good and take donations for Child's Play Charity in order to destroy the Golden Wrench. Soon, more members of the lucky 100 joined him, and now 9 players have committed their Wrenches to the roiling smelting pot, all in the name of a good cause.

What does this have to do with you, intrepid reader? Well, the Golden Wrenches will be destroyed on August 31, but up until then, Golden Charity will be taking donations. Right now, they are up to $12,000, which is phenomenal, but I've seen what you guys spend on MFC, so I know they can do a lot better. I am not affiliated with this in any way, but Child's Play is without a doubt the best thing the Penny Arcade guys have ever done, and a very worthy cause to support.

So, whether you're an avid TF2 player or not, I urge everyone to give whatever you can, because if you don't, you are a bastard and a creep.

And if that's not enough, I don't even like kids and I gave $50. Wouldn't it be nice to destroy this smug sense of self-satisfaction? Don't let me take the moral high ground, people!

I am an avid TF2 player, but I don't have any money to give cause I'm broke. :confused5:

I do have to say, it's rather generous what these guys are doing for charity. I'd like to the faces of all the dorks who crafted all their weapons and clammered over those stinking golden wrenches when players were getting them last month to see them getting flat out deleted.

Small thread derail: if you have a decent PC and don't know what Team Fortress 2 is, I urge you to buy it. Best PC FPS that you'll ever spend $20 on. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.