AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The amount of cam girls...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xo_kris

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 14, 2015
California
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@HugKissKris
MFC Username
Xo_kris
Personally, I think cam sites should have a limit as to how many girls they have working on the site. I don't want to sound cocky or full of myself but I definitely deserve more than 25 viewers after working as a model for two and a half months. Maybe they could limit the amount of new girls per month. Either way, there needs to be a system because not all of the new girls will stay. Maybe I just need help with getting more people in my room... What do you guys think?

I think it would hurt camming as a whole. The diversity of models is a huge selling point for members, giving them an option to shop around for the model that fits them perfectly. Having such a system wouldn't have much financial benefit to the camsite either. Sure, it *might* help with keeping models staying on the site and not moving, but it would also prevent other models from other sites that want to switch over and bring their fans with them from joining. Any model that retires completely due to room counts will likely just have her (by definition few) members move on to other models. Having such a system would likely drive many old members away due to the site becoming stale.

Not to mention how high that number limiting models would have to be. The rate that new models retire, or join and only broadcast a few times must be staggering. The site would probably end up losing all it's models quickly. If it's too high then the system would end up being redundant and barely help the existing models at all.

Also I'll be honest, 25 viewers after 2.5 months doesn't even sound that bad. I've seen models that bust ass for years and are amazing at their job struggling to keep that many in their chat.

Last edited:
Personally, I think cam sites should have a limit as to how many girls they have working on the site. I don't want to sound cocky or full of myself but I definitely deserve more than 25 viewers after working as a model for two and a half months. Maybe they could limit the amount of new girls per month. Either way, there needs to be a system because not all of the new girls will stay. Maybe I just need help with getting more people in my room... What do you guys think?
Hun, I've been camming for over 2 years and my average room count is 52.

I feel that you honestly get what you deserve when it comes to camming. It's like 25% luck and 75% what you do with it. And truthfully none of us "deserve" anything.

Not all the new girls will stay, most quit by 3 months. They're probably not stealing viewers from you, they're likely having as hard a time as you are.

Best camming tip I can offer: don't think about anyone else's hustle. Focus on yourself. There's plenty of members and no ones hustle will affect your own unless you let it.

I'm of the opinion that no cam girl is entitled to a viewership just for logging in, whether they've been camming for days or weeks, months or years. I think it's probably a mistake going in to things with the mindset of expecting these things and I've seen that line of thinking lead many a cam girl to the brink of insanity.

And I think capping the number of cam girls allowed on the site would be bad for everyone. Less cam girls equals less choice for members which means less traffic for the site ultimately which means a smaller pool of members overall for the models that are there which means less money for those cam girls and less money for the site which means a less stable working environment for the models as well.

If you deserved more than 25 members in your room, you would have more than 25 members in your room. That's how camming works. Nothing is given to you.

I think it would hurt camming as a whole. The diversity of models is a huge selling point for members, giving them an option to shop around for the model that fits them perfectly. Having such a system wouldn't have much financial benefit to the camsite either. Sure, it *might* help with keeping models staying on the site and not moving, but it would also prevent other models from other sites that want to switch over and bring their fans with them from joining. Any model that retires completely due to room counts will likely just have her (by definition few) members move on to other models. Having such a system would likely drive many old members away due to the site becoming stale.

Not to mention how high that number limiting models would have to be. The rate that new models retire, or join and only broadcast a few times must be staggering. The site would probably end up losing all it's models quickly. If it's too high then the system would end up being redundant and barely help the existing models at all.

Also I'll be honest, 25 viewers after 2.5 months doesn't even sound that bad. I've seen models that bust ass for years and are amazing at their job struggling to keep that many in their chat.
You know this was the most helpful response I got. Thanks for making me look at it in a different way! I'm going to try some new things & hope it helps get my viewers up :)

I think everyone made salient points. I do agree with you that it seems easy to get lost in the flood of models. I, as a customer, am sometimes overwhelmed with choices, and on that note I wish (MFC in particular) had a better method of sorting models, aside from country. I typically lean more towards brunettes over blondes and enjoy tattoos, if there were more filtering options, the models I am interested in would be more apparent to me.

Reactions: SexySteph
I think everyone made salient points. I do agree with you that it seems easy to get lost in the flood of models. I, as a customer, am sometimes overwhelmed with choices, and on that note I wish (MFC in particular) had a better method of sorting models, aside from country. I typically lean more towards brunettes over blondes and enjoy tattoos, if there were more filtering options, the models I am interested in would be more apparent to me.
Have you tried using model tags? A lot of girls will tag hair colour or tattoos, it might help you narrow it down a bit!

You know this was the most helpful response I got. Thanks for making me look at it in a different way! I'm going to try some new things & hope it helps get my viewers up :)
The amount of viewers do not matter. Your amount of tippers do. Dont just focus on getting higher view counts, focus on doing things that get paying people in your room. 1,000 people watching you means nothing if you're still making $5 an hour. By all means try new things but make them things people will pay to see otherwise it's pointless.

Doesn't camscore kinda work this way? Everyone starts in the same place with new girl status and a 1000 camscore. You either soar, fail, or fall somewhere in the middle. We are all given the same ability to do well. Camscore to some degree limits the amount of models because if you fail and can't get the placement you want or make the money you want you quit. I kinda view camscore as a filtering system in that way. And if they limit it wouldn't it stand to reason that they might choose to use only top girls or girls over a certain camscore? But keep in mind there are always more camsites and more ways to be successful if mfc isn't working for you , you can always try another site.

If you deserved more than 25 members in your room, you would have more than 25 members in your room. That's how camming works. Nothing is given to you.

I agree with the bolded part. Yes, you have to work for it. And you have to be consistent. And you have to go into it thinking that it is a job, and you need to treat it as such.

However, I disagree with

Oftentimes, a model doesn't see a rise in camscore/income/viewers until she gets lucky and has one or multiple good tippers find her. Granted, part of that comes with working hard (more time online being engaging/doing visually exciting things makes it more likely that they'll find you), but in the end, it is just luck. It's like the lottery. Yes, it's all luck, but you still have to buy the ticket. It's not like any "normal" job where a raise is guaranteed if you do a good job. Anyway, I personally know so many models who do deserve to have more viewers/bigger camscore/whatever, but they just haven't had the luck of having the viewers find them. All they can do is keep working at it, and hope that their hard work pays off.

Be careful for what you wish for. My first few months I had 25-35 viewers, and did whatever I could to increase my traffic. What I get resulted in averaging 75-100 viewers for a while, which sounds great right? 300-400% more viewers, that means 300-400% more tips right? Nope. One of my worst months was when I had some of the highest traffic. It really really sucks to have a full room like that with no talkers or tippers, not to mention it's extremely awkward.

Focus on engaging with the crowd that DOES visit and tip you, and work up from there. Quality > quantity.

Getting people to find you and stay certainly takes a certain level of luck as Iris said, but there are ways to nudge it in the direction you want. If you want to increase your traffic, figuring out which tags to use will help substantially. IMHO tags help more so than anything else. Having a twitter also helps amass a crowd if that is what you are looking for. Be entertaining. Watch other girls and see what makes you want to stay in their room. Don't copy them, but figure out what it was that you liked and start doing that in your own room with your own style, you'll probably start seeing some better results.

Limiting the cam site to a fixed amount of girls is the same as going to an old school amusement park that forces you to buy tickets for each and every ride. It sucks, and you have to carry the tickets around and when you do decide to go on a ride, you might lose the other tickets while you're having fun.

• Funny!
Reactions: ACFFAN69 and Sansa
Getting people to find you and stay certainly takes a certain level of luck as Iris said, but there are ways to nudge it in the direction you want. If you want to increase your traffic, figuring out which tags to use will help substantially. IMHO tags help more so than anything else.

That actually raises a good question. Do people actually use Tags?

Myself I've only used them maybe 3 times. And that was always after some newbie from here posted a "Do you know who this lady is?" post. If she looks Asian I might use that in a search. Otherwise, tags? Never used em.

Oh wait. One time I did search for ACF after the thread here was created suggesting its use. But it was just for curiosity, not used it since.

Myself I've only used them maybe 3 times. And that was always after some newbie from here posted a "Do you know who this lady is?" post. If she looks Asian I might use that in a search. Otherwise, tags? Never used em.

Oh wait. One time I did search for ACF after the thread here was created suggesting its use. But it was just for curiosity, not used it since.
When I first started I used them all the time to find the specific type of girl that turns me on. After joining this site I use ACF tag searches when my main models aren't on.

So +1 on using tags.

Tags are actually very commonly used! Members frequently tell me that they found me while looking for a certain tag. Part of the time it's for a fetish (seriously, if you cater to any particular fetish, make sure you tag it!), but often enough it's for something seemingly vague or mundane because of how common it is. Like "natural" or "long hair." I get many responses for the dimples tag too which I find odd only because it's not something even remotely sexual, but there's definitely a lot of people out there who love dimples (I get comments on them a lot in person too).

Sometimes certain words do better than others even if they are similar. Check out top models and see which tags they have, sometimes they'll have a keyword that is similar to yours but is something more frequently searched.

Anyway, I was originally in the same boat, do members actually use them? Over time I have learned that they most certainly do.

Completely agree, she has the exact amount of viewers that she deserves. Will add that her post wouldn't have looked so silly or entitled if she had been working longer than a whopping two and a half months.

The amount of viewers do not matter. Your amount of tippers do. Dont just focus on getting higher view counts, focus on doing things that get paying people in your room.

This is so true. I'm new still, and used to get super depressed when my room count was low. I still rarely have over 15-20 members in my room (hell 15-20 is a good day, it's usually like 10), but I still somehow manage to make really good tips. I try to focus on regulars. One of my highest days tip wise one of them even said they like smaller rooms because , "A smaller room is easier to manage."

So yeah, it's not about how many people are in your room, it's about who is consistently tipping. I like to really get to know/befriend the people who frequent my room too and I think if there were too many, I'd get lost at this point on who is who. Try to get to know or talk to those 25 and make them regulars :)

The amount of viewers do not matter. Your amount of tippers do. Dont just focus on getting higher view counts, focus on doing things that get paying people in your room. 1,000 people watching you means nothing if you're still making $5 an hour. By all means try new things but make them things people will pay to see otherwise it's pointless.

This is so true! I've had over 500 viewers in my room on CB (while doing an outdoor show, back when public shows were still allowed on there) and made almost nothing, and I've had 20 viewers and made a lot. Even in top models' rooms that sometimes have thousands of people in their rooms, often times it's only a handful of people tipping and lots of freeloaders.

Well with the 12 years of camming the amount of models being added to sites has definitely increased and the more media catches on about camming there is a likely chance model people will join. pretty much anytime there is a job crisis or economy dip or war on sex workers we can see a flood or flea of models on the sites.

Sure adding in our off-site marketing helps but the sites that wants us to be exclusive to them and offer us pretty low pay should be doing something to help with it. the future of the industry depends on it.

Sorry, I don't agree that your room count directly correlates to what you "deserve" as a cam model. Particularly as it relates to the MFC system. With that site there is a considerable amount of luck and good timing involved. Not to mention taking full advantage of new model status. This is not to say that being engaging and "fun" are not vital to succeeding because they absolutely are. But there are plenty of really good models stuck on the back pages because they didn't research or were not aware of that pesky camscore rating system when they first started. And it's a bitch trying to raise it AFTER it's taken a nosedive.

A lot of otherwise great models are not getting the exposure they would get on other sites, but they continue to sit in their chat rooms (because they are on a studio shift, because they've committed themselves to x amt of hours online, etc). All the while they have a nearly empty room due to being buried in the umpteenth row of models, which translates to very few tips, which further translates to an increasingly low camscore, which then pushes them further down in ranking. I really enjoy MFC, but it's a vicious cycle that's terribly difficult to break free of if you're not extremely determined. So I'm not quick to make judgments on those that don't easily succeed on the site. Out of the many sites I've cammed on MFC is a different beast entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.