AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The best cam site...if you had it your way!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2013
Hi,

First of all I apologise if this post is unwanted, I did read the terms and didn't see anything that barred my question...so here goes.

I have a client who wishes to set up a new cam site and we are doing some research to find out what the cam models really like and hate about the sites they work on. We have a brief to create a site that has more than simply cams available whilst cams will be the main focus. Our client feels one of the secrets to success is to have happy models who stick around and promote the site. We can see reading this and other forums that opinions differ greatly, so we thought why not simply ask and see what you really want from your workplace.

We'd love to read all your feedback but love also like feedback on a few specifics if possible:

1) What do you consider a fair earning percentage?
2) What are your preferred payout methods (Payoneer, bank transfer,..)?
3) Tipping - good or bad?
4) What should be allowed in Freeview?
5) Content sales via your profile page - is this a valuable addition to your potential earnings?
6) Social network feel - do you find this beneficial to obtaining & keeping more regulars?
7) Moderation - what is helpful and what is not?

Thanks so much to anybody who takes the time to read and reply.

Good luck all :)

Z

This depends on what you are offering. Are you promoting for the models? Then you can take more of a percentage. I suggest you do this.

MFC takes 50%. They do a lot of promoting of the site, but don't give a lot of customer support. Doing it that way is a recipe for disaster, so I suggest you hire enough staff to deal with support. At first, you shouldn't need very many, but as it gets bigger, you'll need more.

First preference is bank transfer, second is check. It really depends on fees for me though, I earn barely enough to cover all my expenses, I don't have enough left to pay something to get my money.

I like it. I like that they can tip to get a preview, because so many guys want the preview and then just leave.

I think flashes all around should be allowed. I hate that streamate won't let me show my pussy in free chat, but I'm willing to work with it.

I do not think hardcore should be available in free chat (no toys inserting, no cumming, no Hitachi). But, it really depends on how much you want to police your chat.

5) Content sales via your profile page - is this a valuable addition to your potential earnings?

YES! Guys would love to see all the content from their favorite models in one place, and hate the idea of signing up for another site to get the stuff. I do think the payout percentage on this part should be higher, since it's a secondary thing and something the models will be advertising for themselves.

6) Social network feel - do you find this beneficial to obtaining & keeping more regulars?

I love how customizable the MFC profiles are. I hate how many html tags the MFC profiles don't allow. BUT I can work with that. I also hate that MFC profiles allow for the insertion of autoplay music.

It's important that you have a way for customers to leave feedback. It's important that the model be able to see that feedback, and important for there to be a way for the... unwarranted feedback to be removed. You know, that guy who wouldn't take "I can't fist my pussy" for an answer and throws a shit-fit.

One-on-one communication with the model outside paid chat is also important, for that guy who is embarrassed by wanting the model to watch him in pantyhose. Streamate just has the mail system. I like that it's a bit harder than just pm'ing the model, because guys abuse pm privileges. They don't abuse the mail system as much. I like how MFC will let models know about the mail if they're in public chat. I don't like how neither sends a notification to my email address on file that I have a site-mail.

-being able to mute selectively. Like, MFC has mute guests and mute basics. Or Chaturbate has the whole mute everyone who doesn't have tokens, and mute everyone who doesn't tip. I think, though, there should be a way to put someone on an exception list, where they are never muted unless specifically selected for muting by the model.

-being able to appoint moderators who can mute and temporarily ban other members. The models know who in their chatroom is able to do this, and who can't.

-having a place for "why this person was banned". The member SHOULD NOT see that they were banned from the room in question. Sometimes, members get mad when a model has banned them, and start spreading lies.

-the ability to set a time-limit on the ban, or to ban permanently. Also the ability to simply kick from the room without banning as a warning.

-allowing members to report a model for going against the rules is good, but you should have a way for them to provide screen shots of them doing this with the report, and ignore the ones who don't have a screen shot.

-allowing models to report a member for encouraging breaking of the rules, spamming their room, spreading lies,

-members who are consistently asked by many different models to moderate, and rarely get banned, could be offered a position as a site-moderator. These members would be able to flag models who are breaking the rules, delete reports on models who weren't breaking the rules, flag members who are abusing the system or the models in some way, and look into claims about lies. Models should still be able to ban the moderators from their room. They should not be able to ban real admin from their room. If a model has every single moderator on ban, admin should look into it on a regular account.

Members who are moderators could be offered discounts that do not affect model earnings. (example, if you were using the exact same token system as MFC, moderators could get their tokens at 6 cents per token. If using streamate's system, where models earn 35%... if the moderator spends 1 gold, which is usually $1, the moderator is charged 75 cents but the model still earns her 35 cents)

----

Things you didn't ask about:

Types of shows: I like having options.
1. Prepaid shows, where the guys who tipped a certain amount get to see it, and where the show doesn't start until the goal has been reached.
2. Prepaid shows where a member can pay a certain amount of time upfront and leave early if he wants, and gets a "do you want to stay longer?" message when time is almost up.
3. Pay-by-minute shows, for the members who aren't sure how long of a show they want.
4. The option to allow other members to spy on show types 2 and 3, with the spies paying by minute and not as much as the main person.

I like being able to set my own prices, and having those prices visible on the profile.

I *hate* how Streamate's affiliates will throw stuff on the profile that I didn't put there. I've had guys try to start conversations based off that and end up embarrassing themselves. (one site put on my profile that I'm a teacher... I tried to be one, but I'm not one.) Embarrassed guys usually don't give money, they slink off with their tails between their legs. It's not their fault, it's the fault of the site.

I *hate* how Streamate limits what I can put on my profile to 3 blocks of 255 characters each. I can barely fit anything in that!

I like the keywords stuff. I think it's a good idea if moderators check out the keywords and make sure the models advertise themselves correctly.

I think it's a good idea to allow men, couples, and women. I think it's also important to sort the models into female, male, couples, and other. Other would be transsexual models. (If the model wants to claim female but still has a dick, she would go in other.) That way, men who just want the women can go to female. I think it's important to allow models, if they have a couple account, to link their accounts together. I also think it's important to be a little lenient if a model in the female category wants to bring in a female friend for a day or two, but doesn't want to make a new account.

60%-70% regardless of traffic

Direct deposit

Great.

4) What should be allowed in free view?
Anything that's not illegal. Although MFC has a no penetration rule in free chat, they don't seem to hold steady on it. I like doing public cumshows and enjoy as much freedom as possible. If you are going to call me the boss of my room, let me be it!

Of course. A big part of my income is content.

Absolutely. I am a non-penetration model, so a lot of my room is interaction other than hardcore shows.

I do not comprehend this question. Can you please elaborate?

It depends on how much advertising the site does. I'm okay with the 65% cut Streamate takes because I don't have to advertise myself. I'd like it to be 50/50 or more in my favor, but I'm willing to work with a lower percentage for the traffic being directed to me. The more I have to advertise and bring my own traffic, the less I want the site to take a cut.

Direct deposit or paper check in the mail. I hate paying a fee to get and use my money, so Payoneer is always my last resort.

I've never come across a site where you couldn't be tipped in free chat, so I think that tipping is good.

This is where it gets tricky for me. I love that Streamate only allows you above the waist nudity in free chat, but I also love that sites like MFC allow full nudity/non-penetrative masturbation in free chat. I'd prefer a site that was strict about all shows having to be in some sort of paid chat (Gold show, group show, private, true private, whatever) so that models have less freeloaders.

I'd love to be able to upload my content directly to the site (while it still maintaining exclusive rights). Finding a decent site to use to deliver content can be a pain and this would be wonderful.

It's beneficial.

I want the site to enforce all of the rules (whatever they may be) for all of the models all of the time with no exceptions.

Additionally, I want an extra percentage for the members that I bring to the site the way that Streamate does and the way that the BAF link works for MFC.

I also don't want to work on a site that sees a high volume of chargebacks. I'm not responsible for fraudulent charges and I don't want to be penalized for them. C4S bans members that chargeback and because of that, it rarely happens.

I'm not using your list, and I apologize. I think there are two extremely important things to consider when building a new camsite. They are policy transparency and ranking.

I believe it is extremely important to be 100% clear with models what is going on and why. MyFreeCams has a simple algorithm for their ranking system, but they refuse to share it with models, leaving many new models floundering and unable to earn because they don't understand how their site works. Chaturbate recently lost a huge amount of public support because they were banning models for no reason and refused to explain why (some models eventually got support to admit that there was a new unlisted rule about linking websites that got models banned without notice or warning).

I would absolutely never sign up for another site that says, "sorry, but we're not going to tell you how that works." The models you want to keep are career models who are willing to invest long hours and years in to your website, and it is only fair that they know what they are getting in to.

I judge websites a lot based on their support. Streamate has a very annoying support system that will totally ignore your entire e-mail if you use the words 'placement' or 'ranking' and will instead send you a portion of their FAQ page explaining how placement works, regardless of whether or not you wanted to know what. When Streamate does get back to you, usually in a few days, they are eventually helpful if they read your message. Support is important to us.

And secondly, ranking. By definition, no ranking system is going to be totally fair because some models will always be on the bottom. But I would be very interested in a website that didn't have a "vicious cycle" ranking system, where if you are poorly ranked it just becomes harder and harder to get any exposure. Finding a way to fairly reward your most invested models while giving less fortunate models a chance to improve their standing is an important balance.

Thanks so much for your replies, all of which are really helpful and informative :)

Thanks for your extended answer LadyLuna and your answer on moderation was very helpful. I feel the social network side to a site should be strong to allow and encourage the models to communicate more with members. Sales of content outside shows apparently provide good additional revenue to the models and I agree it would be nice to see the models earning more on content sales. As you point out the models will advertise this, which benefits the site in many ways. With regards to setting your own rates, do you think there should be a minimum rate that can be charged to maintain a certain level of value across all cam models?

PlayboyMegan - From reading various threads there seems to be a split of opinion regards 'anything goes' in freeview. Looking in from the outside I wonder if that doesn't encourage too many freeloaders to the site - what do you feel about this? My point on moderation was to see how much involvement and control you felt helpful. I get the feeling a lot of sites have rules but they are not moderated and stuck to. Like Allison commented she wants all the rules enforcing (whatever they are), which to me creates a level play field for all cam models on the site. Thanks Megan

Thanks Allison. I agree with you about freeloaders and we will need to find the best way to keep a good balance. Freeloaders will always go to the easiest site that allows them to be cheap. I totally agree on chargebacks and whilst I know they can be a problem in this industry, the fines should not be put on to models (although I'll put my neck out here and say in some situations the model could be at fault). I think a token system help keeps chargeback's down

No apologies needed Evvie ;) I truly want to hear what is important to you and my list of questions was simply to get feedback on some issues 'I' consider important from reading other threads and comments by cam models. But I am acutely aware I do not work on a cam site and what I may think is important may well not be the most important in your eyes. So thank you for your response. Transparency should be a must in any business relationship and should be expected. The ranking system needs some thought to get right. What is your opinion on the best way? Would it make sense to have a bidding/payment system whereby you can pay for higher rankings? The models who make $$ can afford the top and know its an investment whilst new or struggling models can be assured of higher ranking to get the chance to be seen...just a thought!

Again thanks all for your answers I do hope I get more because I'd really like to get as many opinions as possible :)

As to minimums, where the member is paying $1 a minute in the paid show would be the minimum. Maximums, I don't think there really should be, but if you go up to $15/min with the option to increase further if emailing support, that would work fairly well.

If you're using a token system exactly like MFC's, that would be a bar or dropdown that goes from 10 tokens a minute to 150 tokens a minute (I would do it by 10's or 5's). I think, for the default (when a model hasn't messed with it yet), that 10/min spies, 10/min groups, 20/min prepaid pvt with spies, 30/min prepaid pvt without spies, 40/min pvt with spies, and 60/min pvt without spies would be a good place to set the newer models.

The reason for prepaid being cheaper is because the member has guaranteed that the model is getting that, while pay-as-you-go can be ended and the cashflow cut at any time.

LadyLuna said:
As to minimums, where the member is paying $1 a minute in the paid show would be the minimum. Maximums, I don't think there really should be, but if you go up to $15/min with the option to increase further if emailing support, that would work fairly well.

If you're using a token system exactly like MFC's, that would be a bar or dropdown that goes from 10 tokens a minute to 150 tokens a minute (I would do it by 10's or 5's). I think, for the default (when a model hasn't messed with it yet), that 10/min spies, 10/min groups, 20/min prepaid pvt with spies, 30/min prepaid pvt without spies, 40/min pvt with spies, and 60/min pvt without spies would be a good place to set the newer models.

The reason for prepaid being cheaper is because the member has guaranteed that the model is getting that, while pay-as-you-go can be ended and the cashflow cut at any time.

Just throwing this out there for discussion but, what would you guys think of a fairly free chat not unlike MFC, where we could do countdowns, and at the end of countdown, have access to a free group room where the tippers could join ? that should limit freeloaders..... and encourage people to tip even a few tokens to see a show.....
Or is that not practical?

FrenchKitty said:
LadyLuna said:

Just throwing this out there for discussion but, what would you guys think of a fairly free chat not unlike MFC, where we could do countdowns, and at the end of countdown, have access to a free group room where the tippers could join ? that should limit freeloaders..... and encourage people to tip even a few tokens to see a show.....

I absolutely love this idea! I believe that was similar to one of the show methods I listed in my first post?

LadyLuna said:
FrenchKitty said:
LadyLuna said:

I absolutely love this idea! I believe that was similar to one of the show methods I listed in my first post?

Do you think you might end up doing shows for a few tips should not enough be obtained during the countdown? I guess either way you get chance to get the tippers into a show where they they can be 'encouraged' to tip more or enter private. Seems like an idea that could work. Thanks for your feedback FrenchKitty :)

LadyLuna said:
Argh is it?? i might have read too fast...I'm sorry :p

zigd said:
Do you think you might end up doing shows for a few tips should not enough be obtained during the countdown?
Lol no :D For the same reason a show doesn't start until the countown is reached, the only difference here would be: the guys standing there watching it all go down and praying everyone else gives enough for the show to happen won't get to see the show.

zigd said:
I guess either way you get chance to get the tippers into a show where they they can be 'encouraged' to tip more or enter private. Seems like an idea that could work. Thanks for your feedback FrenchKitty :)
yes, it will probably go quicker if freeloaders are excluded from the shows, and if the show room is free, while a guy might get to see a show for 5 tokens, none will see a show for no token, I will still get the token goal but probably faster, everyone happy.

Edit to add: maybe you don't know what countdowns are on MFC, they are not time limits, they are token goals, that the guys all tip towards, the model is the only one deciding when the show starts so there's no risk of doing a show for less tokens then expected.

It would attract freeloaders. There could be 2,000 guys watching my cumshow in free chat, and only 10 tipping. But those tips are enough for me, or I wouldn't do it. 50% of the girls just care about making their goals and don't care who watches for free. The other 50% do care. That's why you have models who swear by SM, and others who love MFC. I just like having as little of restrictions as possible. So I think however you decide to run your site will be fine either way. Some will like it, others won't. If you are going to have rules, stick to them! One warning, one suspension, then ban.
Maybe you could do one day out of the week which is like MFC and the other 6days like SM. That might get confusing though. Or it could build traffic that one day, get people hooked, then they'll want to pay the other 6days. It's hard to know. I just personally like to do things MY way, and it seems to be working for me!

50%+ if it's Streamate quality, 60%+ if it's MFC quality.

Personally: international wire transfer. Without the $1000 minimum payout and the $15 fee please, but that's just wishful thinking.

Good!!

Everything that's not against MFC's zero tolerance rules, except for men - men should be allowed.
Public cum shows are fine.
BUT. After 20 seconds of watching a model's room, you get transported into the next unless you contribute a certain amount that is set by the model. After tipping this amount, you can stay however long you like, and tip more if you want. As a non-member of the site, you automatically get into the next room after 20 seconds of watching, unless you sign up.

Yes, as long as I can stay in complete control over my sales. If there's a feature that lets people automatically obtain your content after paying for it, people I banned from my chatroom should still not be able to buy my content.

Yes!

Personally, I don't need moderators. IMO models should be the only ones who have the say over who gets banned from their room. I can imagine that drama might come up otherwise.

Reactions: zigd
zigd said:
LadyLuna said:
FrenchKitty said:
LadyLuna said:

Do you think you might end up doing shows for a few tips should not enough be obtained during the countdown? I guess either way you get chance to get the tippers into a show where they they can be 'encouraged' to tip more or enter private. Seems like an idea that could work. Thanks for your feedback FrenchKitty :)
Zigd, in the end, it is on the model's shoulders to earn. It is wise to set up a camsite that allows models every opportunity to earn, but in the end you can't force models to make money. On Streamate, our GOLD show system allows us to enter in to the show, and complete the full show, at any time - even if our goal was $500 and we only made $1. I feel like what you are saying is, "what if we allow this and models end up doing shows before reaching their full goal?" But in the end, the average model's goal is not to do X amount of shows, but to make X amount of money.

Also keep in mind that we earn on 100% commission and every day is not the same. If a model has been working to start a show for two hours, and she has only made half of her goal, would you rather let her do the show for half price instead of forcing her to cancel it and lose all the money?

I would be really interested in a feature where a countdown is completed publicly and the show happens privately. I think it would be an incredible earning opportunity and have a lot of flexibility and fairness. But I would still want the ability to begin the show at any time, regardless of if I made my goal or not.

Xpeeps, back when it existed, had a feature where you could kick out all members who didn't tip, so you could do public cumshows but only tippers would be able to watch. I really loved that.

VeronicaChaos said:
Xpeeps, back when it existed, had a feature where you could kick out all members who didn't tip, so you could do public cumshows but only tippers would be able to watch. I really loved that.
That'd be a long process for those girls with a 1200 room count and 10 tippers.... I wonder how it works, or does it do it automatically and reset after each show? That'd be neat. (yes I said neat.)

FrenchKitty said:
Edit to add: maybe you don't know what countdowns are on MFC, they are not time limits, they are token goals, that the guys all tip towards, the model is the only one deciding when the show starts so there's no risk of doing a show for less tokens then expected.

Apologies FrenchKitty - I was reading 'countdown' as meaning a time limit - not a token limit. I promise to get up to speed with your lingo :woops: I do like the token countdown but feel non tippers should be kicked when the token limit is reached. I think this stops rewarding freeloaders and even if you only tip small to get into the show it starts to create the habit of paying the models.

PlayboyMegan said:
A camsite recently did free chat anything goes, then after 30min. you either pay $1 or get kicked out. So if 1,000 people are in the room, that's a possible $1,000 every 30min. I like that idea. Some guys hang out in my room the whole 4 hours never giving a dime.

I like the sound of 'kicking if not tipping' :) It would be good to know how that worked for the site and models. The message I am getting is you'd like to be able to have free control on how you earn. So I have to ask do you think a site would work that allows the models the ability to do this. Mix the different ways you can paid on MFC or SM (or another other), give you the option to define your way and then I guess its down to the model to earn the best way they can? But would this kinda free for all work in reality i wonder.

LilyMarie said:
1)
Everything that's not against MFC's zero tolerance rules, except for men - men should be allowed.
Public cum shows are fine.
BUT. After 20 seconds of watching a model's room, you get transported into the next unless you contribute a certain amount that is set by the model. After tipping this amount, you can stay however long you like, and tip more if you want. As a non-member of the site, you automatically get into the next room after 20 seconds of watching, unless you sign up.

Thanks LilyMarie. Again kicking for freeloaders, but I gotta say 20secs sounds quick. Doesn't it take longer to get a feel for whether you want to stay in a models room?

Evvie said:
Zigd, in the end, it is on the model's shoulders to earn. It is wise to set up a camsite that allows models every opportunity to earn, but in the end you can't force models to make money. On Streamate, our GOLD show system allows us to enter in to the show, and complete the full show, at any time - even if our goal was $500 and we only made $1. I feel like what you are saying is, "what if we allow this and models end up doing shows before reaching their full goal?" But in the end, the average model's goal is not to do X amount of shows, but to make X amount of money.

Also keep in mind that we earn on 100% commission and every day is not the same. If a model has been working to start a show for two hours, and she has only made half of her goal, would you rather let her do the show for half price instead of forcing her to cancel it and lose all the money?

I would be really interested in a feature where a countdown is completed publicly and the show happens privately. I think it would be an incredible earning opportunity and have a lot of flexibility and fairness. But I would still want the ability to begin the show at any time, regardless of if I made my goal or not.

Sorry Evvie I had misunderstood the countdown as time, not money/tokens. I also like the idea of this kicking for not tipping, seems to be becoming a theme here.

VeronicaChaos said:

Thanks VeronicaChaos - agreed again :)

FrenchKitty said:
VeronicaChaos said:
That'd be a long process for those girls with a 1200 room count and 10 tippers.... I wonder how it works, or does it do it automatically and reset after each show? That'd be neat. (yes I said neat.)

I think there could be an easy way to highlight all tippers so it is easy to mass kick freeloaders when the model is ready to start a show

Thanks again all this is really helpful to understand what you want from a site :)

I think, if it's going to be Tip ___ or get kicked out after ___, then the model should set how long and how much.

Could be 1 token after 20 seconds, 10 tokens after half an hour, or what I favor, 1 token after 5 mins (unless it's going to be every time)

I also think that they should get a warning about it, and if they try to enter the model's room again, they get a message saying that they need to tip a number the model sets to be able to enter. Something like "your time with this model expired, would you like to tip ___ to reenter?"

Lastly, I think models should be able to choose if they want this or not.

---

For the choosing which types of shows to offer, I think it would be best if models can decide on the spot about that. I didn't do countdowns, until a member asked if I was going to, and then I found out that there was actually interest in them!

LadyLuna said:
I think, if it's going to be Tip ___ or get kicked out after ___, then the model should set how long and how much.

Could be 1 token after 20 seconds, 10 tokens after half an hour, or what I favor, 1 token after 5 mins (unless it's going to be every time)

I also think that they should get a warning about it, and if they try to enter the model's room again, they get a message saying that they need to tip a number the model sets to be able to enter. Something like "your time with this model expired, would you like to tip ___ to reenter?"

Lastly, I think models should be able to choose if they want this or not.

---

For the choosing which types of shows to offer, I think it would be best if models can decide on the spot about that. I didn't do countdowns, until a member asked if I was going to, and then I found out that there was actually interest in them!

Thanks Luna - Freedom of choice seems to be the way. I agree, a warning to let members know why they are being removed is important so not alienate members who may think they had been kicked by the model.

What is every bodies opinion on whether models who use a countdowns or tip system can exist on the same site as models who don't and only desire to do 'pay-per-minute' shows?

Reactions: LindseyDoll
I think guests and basics should get a pop up window every 30/15 minutes saying "want to go premium?" It'd be pretty annoying really, I think if I were a freeloader I'd spend $20 to stop that, and the tokens will have to go somewhere.

I also agree that I'd like there to be a system that automatically people on your friendslist and people who've tipped over 5/10 tokens that night should be able to see the show automatically and everyone else can be kicked out. If someone wants to join that room after the show's started they'd have to tip a minimum amount to enter the room. (But I'd still like what I'm doing to come up on the room preview)
What really annoys me is people recording, I love countdowns and doing public shows, but I'm getting fed up that it's always some lurking guest who, like a parasite records all your shows and posts them up. I have one who posts them on xhamster, his videos are since like June, he is literally a parasite that I have no way of getting rid of unless I stop doing public shows altogether. It annoys me more because he's never tipped me anything, or even talked to me, and he deleted all my comments on the vids saying who I am and directing them to my room.

I think if you couldn't watch a show unless you tip 10 tokens, I would make a hell of a lot more money, both before shows and whilst in a show. I would imagine if this became an option a lot of girls would use it, meaning it'd be much harder to see a public cumshow. I bet more guys would be willing to drop just 10 tokens to see a 15/20 minute show. For me in public shows I'll usually get at least 100 more premiums, if those 100 decided to tip 10 tokens each that's an extra 1000 tokens. And if they don't, well, they don't get to see and I've still made my countdown goal.

My real question on this is, how difficult would it be for myfreecams to do this?

I personally don't find 'freeloaders' a problem. I think of it as a numbers game. With more 'freeloaders' comes more traffic and some of them actually do turn premium and tip as it is in the case of MFC.
If they really like a model and they have the means to tip they will upgrade. Sometimes there's guys that don't tip right away because they want to get to know a model better first.

I think the 'free' aspect is what made mfc so popular, together with the social network feel.
I also don't feel public cum shows are hurting other models that don't do them. I find cam sites are not about porn, people will tip because they like a girl, if she happens to get naked it's a bonus.
It's important to have a variety of models that have different styles. For every girl there will be a member that will appreciate her.

Other features that I find important:
- protect your models;
cam sites are known to attract some members that are not very stable mentally. Some of them turn into stalkers, try to blackmail models and do other similar things that will disturb her from generating more money for your site. Permanent bans should be in place together with email model support.

-ability to block state/ country/ province

-protect stolen content
this goes back to model support. some models don't like having their content all over the internet. MFC has sent notices for me in the past and has removed some content, but this doesn't happen all the time.

-rewarding models
Because it is a new site I believe it will take sometime for things to really start rolling. The goal should be to attract models that are productive. I believe the split should be higher than MFC because of decreased traffic for models that sign up first and help get the site running. Especially if you are planning to get some models that have high followers from other sites.
Once the site gains some popularity and quality traffic the new models can then earn less of a percentage. (maybe mfc split is fair if it generates the same traffic or close to it)

I also partially like the camscore system. But there should be more reward in terms of traffic for models in the top 100.

-have a top 100 (or similar competition)
I find this one of the best marketing ideas that MFC has come up with. If a model is running for top 100 members are inclined to tip more because they want their girl to do well and be up there.
This might be a bit hard when it's a new site, but I am sure similar things can be organized.

-Tipping and privates
To me this is one of the most important features. Personally I make a lot more with tips that I ever was to make with privates. I also dislike privates but I also believe they are a good tool to build cam score (in terms of MFC it equals more traffic), especially as a new model.
Privates work for some girls however. But from what I have seen the amount of tokens is limited in a private. Tips aren't. Look at some of the highest tips of MFC....

-Constant investing in generating traffic
no matter what models you attract if there is no traffic and they are not making money they will NOT stay even it you offer them a 99% split.

I have only worked on MFC so my knowledge of other sites is a bit limited, but I believe analyzing a successful site and trying to come up with something similar but BETTER will set you aside from the competition.

The best camsite would acually do something when a model is threatened or stalked.
I received a pretty serious/graphic threat once, I had chat logs and screenshots to prove it and MFC gave no fucks. Now the person was probably just trolling, but I think it would benefit them to take things like that a bit more seriously because things HAVE happened. It would make them look pretty awful if Id been kidnapped and turned into a human skin suit.

I just wanted to thank you for asking our opinions, and actually listening and speaking with us like the professionals we are.
You would be surprised how many people come in advertising, or asking opinions about something, who treat us like complete airheads. I'd say you already show something very important in a cam site, respect for the models

:clap:

Isabella_deL said:
I think guests and basics should get a pop up window every 30/15 minutes saying "want to go premium?" It'd be pretty annoying really, I think if I were a freeloader I'd spend $20 to stop that, and the tokens will have to go somewhere.

Agreed - maybe if the models screen simply turned to a message informing members they would be moved to another room if not tipping.

Isabella_deL said:
What really annoys me is people recording, I love countdowns and doing public shows, but I'm getting fed up that it's always some lurking guest who, like a parasite records all your shows and posts them up. I have one who posts them on xhamster, his videos are since like June, he is literally a parasite that I have no way of getting rid of unless I stop doing public shows altogether. It annoys me more because he's never tipped me anything, or even talked to me, and he deleted all my comments on the vids saying who I am and directing them to my room.

This would annoy me too and I will look at ways this could be protected, but ultimately I think piracy will always exist unfortunately Isabella :(

Isabella_deL said:
I think if you couldn't watch a show unless you tip 10 tokens, I would make a hell of a lot more money, both before shows and whilst in a show. I would imagine if this became an option a lot of girls would use it, meaning it'd be much harder to see a public cumshow. I bet more guys would be willing to drop just 10 tokens to see a 15/20 minute show. For me in public shows I'll usually get at least 100 more premiums, if those 100 decided to tip 10 tokens each that's an extra 1000 tokens. And if they don't, well, they don't get to see and I've still made my countdown goal.

I totally agree but i think the problem may be making sure all models stick to some guidelines about public shows. There really seems to be a split of opinion over what should be allowed in public. But as said earlier this is why models have their fav sites to work on. I'd love an ideal world but I don't think its coming anytime in my life! :)

Kickaz said:
Other features that I find important:
- protect your models;
cam sites are known to attract some members that are not very stable mentally. Some of them turn into stalkers, try to blackmail models and do other similar things that will disturb her from generating more money for your site. Permanent bans should be in place together with email model support.

This should really be a minimum offered by the site owners. I will be placing a lot of thought in to how models safety is assured as I personally feel this would be helpful in bringing models to the site.

Kickaz said:
rewarding models
Because it is a new site I believe it will take sometime for things to really start rolling. The goal should be to attract models that are productive. I believe the split should be higher than MFC because of decreased traffic for models that sign up first and help get the site running. Especially if you are planning to get some models that have high followers from other sites.
Once the site gains some popularity and quality traffic the new models can then earn less of a percentage. (maybe mfc split is fair if it generates the same traffic or close to it)

I agree the best way to attract good models will be with an incentive - and money is what we all work for so......I will continue with my attempts to make the wheel rounder :) But I agree we have to do better which seems entirely possible considering I read so many complaints on forums. Thanks Kickaz

Jessi said:
The best camsite would acually do something when a model is threatened or stalked.
I received a pretty serious/graphic threat once, I had chat logs and screenshots to prove it and MFC gave no fucks. Now the person was probably just trolling, but I think it would benefit them to take things like that a bit more seriously because things HAVE happened. It would make them look pretty awful if Id been kidnapped and turned into a human skin suit.

Lol - sorry like the analogy Jessi. But jokes aside you are right and as I replied to Kickaz this really should be a fundamental any site offers its models. If for no other reason you won't earn them a penny as a human skin suit ;)

ShelterLight said:
I just wanted to thank you for asking our opinions, and actually listening and speaking with us like the professionals we are.
You would be surprised how many people come in advertising, or asking opinions about something, who treat us like complete airheads. I'd say you already show something very important in a cam site, respect for the models

:clap:

Sincerely thank you ShelterLight. I've worked in and around the adult world for 10 years and seen some truly horrible people who exploit with pleasure, but I have to say I've also met some genuine people who do care. We are all just people trying to earn our way and I consider models no different to anybody else. But not to take praise where its not due, I couldn't think of an easier way to find out what models do want, other than ask you guys! ;)
Thanks again for your comment :)

The best campsite I've worked for regarding moderation is Camwithher. There were only about 4 women streaming at once which probably made it a lot easier to control. But the staff was sooooo helpful. If you posted proof of a troll even just saying, "you're fat." they got banned from the site on spot. They could sign up with another credit card, but they were a lot less likely to troll after that. Also, they sent DCMA's to everyone and had taken down several fake FB accounts of me upon request. I felt super safe there and I knew that I could go to them with any problem and have it taken care of within that day. With 2,000 girls online that'd be much harder to do. But I think there hold be x amount of staff members per x amount of girls on the site. Surely with 2,000 girls on at once you could afford it.

For the top models contest:

Maybe at first start with one winner in each category, then when there's about 500 models move it up to winner and runner up, then at 1,000 the top 3, then the top 5, then the top 10 and on up. Categories could be:
-The MoneyMaker (money per hour)
-Top Earner (how much money she made)
-Hard Worker (how many hours she worked)
-Sexiest Model (based on member ratings)
-Most Fun Model (based on member ratings)

At first, while there's only one of each, you put these in a sidebar or top-bar that stays at the top of the page. Same for while there's 2 of each, but it scrolls between the 10. When you get to the 5 of each, they get a separate page, with one column for each category, top to bottom.

Main page, let the members choose which way to sort the models based on those five contests and an option for alphabetical. Member filters should be for age, hair color, body type, and language (which the model selects; language selection the model has a checklist that says "speak it fluently, speak it moderately, speak a little, don't speak it" where everything is automatically on "don't speak it" unless the model changes it). Moderators could flag a model if her tags don't seem to match what's going on in her room.

----

For the kicking freeloaders from the room... I'm the one that doesn't actually want to kick anybody, but I would love for the program to give them reminders for me. Like "you've been watching for half an hour without tipping. Did you want to show some appreciation?" but there being no consequence for not doing so. But then, some nights, I don't want to deal with anyone who isn't tipping. Even those nights though, I don't mind them watching, I just don't want to be reminded of their presence. I would like to be able to kick them when I reach the "show from a hat" goal at 2000 tokens, but let them back in once the show is over.

For countdowns- the best way to do it is to let the member decide if it should go towards the countdown or not. The model should be able to choose if the go against the countdown option is enabled or not. (this would mean that the tip actually increases the countdown), since some members like to do that, but some models don't want it to happen. This is if you have content included on the model's profile, where the content doesn't count towards the countdown and they don't tip for it, they buy it there. If you *don't*, then you need to have "tip for countdown, tip for content, tip just because" as the three options, with "tip to add to countdown" as an option if the model has allowed that. When the tip appears in the room, any tip-notes that the member said along with what the tip was selected as should appear for the model (not necessarily the other members though). The model can tell the members if they should select tip for countdown or tip for content when buying content.

Content Sales:
I would love to be able to sell clips directly through the camsite I work on rather than also having to run a Clips4Sale store or deal with collecting tokens and putting stuff up on MediaFire. I would even love something that displayed the clips I have available for sale right on the page that my cam feed is on. I'd also love the ability to put up "jobs" like ELM has, where I can offer something for sale like a custom video and the member can pay via escrow. That might be asking too much - I'd be happy just with the ability to sell videos. I would also like to be able to link my Twitter profile, so that members get tweets when I'm about to go on cam.

What should be allowed in Freeview?
The public cumshow aspect of MFC has pretty much permanently chased me off of that website, but not for the reasons you might think. The reason I refuse to do public cumshows on MFC has nothing to do with freeloaders and everything to do with the lack of "adult content" warning. I feel like MFC creating an environment where many models pretty much have to offer public cumshows in order to compete, yet making it "against the rules *wink wink, nudge nudge*" in order to cover their own butts while not putting any "you must be over 18" agreement for accessing the site, is pretty much throwing models under the bus if my country's government decides to get a hair up their ass regarding that sort of thing.

If MFC had a safeguard like that in place for me, I would be fine with doing public shows. And that would free you up to deal with actual serious issues like members threatening models/being abusive, rather than spending all your time reprimanding models for doing public shows.

Moderation:
I'd really like an automatic system where, if a member is banned by a certain number of models, their account is temporarily frozen and goes under administrator review. I think this would help a great deal with trolling.

And I should be able to ban a member for any reason. Also, one thing I hate about Streamate is that I can't ban members who aren't actually in my room. Members know this and abuse it.

I like the idea of being able to kick everybody who hasn't tipped. I like the idea of still being able to offer exclusive shows, or to be able to offer something like the equivalent of Gold shows where only members who have pledged can see the show.

An additional question just from my curiosity...

8.) Would you consider using a system that allowed you to adjust the rate of your private shows? Instead of being locked at the 60/80 tks per minute of MFC, you can make these rates whatever you want.
Along the same vein, would you consider using a private system that could allow you to set private for a lump sum of tokens that was agreed upon with a member. Eg. You agree to do a 15min Private Show with a member for 500 tokens. Member prepays 500 tokens to start the priv. Once time runs out private auto ends.

I think other cam sites might already have these mechanics but what are your thoughts?

duncedoto said:
An additional question just from my curiosity...

8.) Would you consider using a system that allowed you to adjust the rate of your private shows? Instead of being locked at the 60/80 tks per minute of MFC, you can make these rates whatever you want.
Along the same vein, would you consider using a private system that could allow you to set private for a lump sum of tokens that was agreed upon with a member. Eg. You agree to do a 15min Private Show with a member for 500 tokens. Member prepays 500 tokens to start the priv. Once time runs out private auto ends.

I think other cam sites might already have these mechanics but what are your thoughts?
Yeah, I believe Streamate has exactly that option for models. It seems to be a good idea, since every model is different and it's just another way of creating her own strategy for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.