AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Friend Zone

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

piercedcock78

Cam Model
Dec 6, 2021
United States
www.streamate.com
Twitter Username
@PCock78
Streamate Username
piercedcock78
Chaturbate Username
piercedcock_78
It is ironic.

Before I became a cam model, if you were put in the "friend zone" it was almost guaranteed that you would not get laid by the person who had put you there.

Now that I am a model, I have people who find me on various platforms and they want to talk to me, get to know me etc.

None of which I mind as I am a very sociable person.

The problem that I run into is that as soon as a client thinks that they have made it to your "friend zone" all of the sudden they think that they are entitled to a free ride. After all, "you really are my friend, right?"

I maintain that you can be friendly with clients. Have nice conversations that don't involve the job at all and yet still have a business relationship as well.

Before the reader thinks that this is exclusive to being a model and it is due to the intimate nature of the business, I know for a fact that the same thing happens to tattoo artists and piercing professionals as well.

I would also point out that people have friendly conversations all the time with their beauticians, masseuses, teachers, doctors, Hell, if you go to the same restaurant on a regular basis you will get to know the wait staff on a friendly enough basis.

Yet, I am willing to bet, that the same types that would guilt trip us with the above sentiment do not expect free services from any of these professions that they interact with in intimate and friendly matters all the time.

Then there are the types that will say something along the lines of, "Oh, I don't pay for sex".

LOL.

Really?

When you try to impress a date from everything from the clothes that you wear to the places that you go (all of which you spend money on) you honestly don't hope to get sex out of the deal?

Unlike dating, paying for sexual services is more straight forward, in terms of being assured that you will get exactly what you want out of the deal IMO.

So, on the client side, don't try to guilt trip or insult your friends, by expecting freebies. Instead, support your friends in their chosen business profession.

On the model side, I offer a service of which I am good at. I may enjoy a friendly conversation with you, but if you want me to work for you then don't be put off when I ask you to pay me for it.

(I will note that by and large this has not been my experience with clients. However I have a few who have and those are just my thoughts.)

Last edited:
It is ironic.

Before I became a cam model, if you were put in the "friend zone" it was almost guaranteed that you would not get laid by the person who had put you there.

Now that I am a model, I have people who find me on various platforms and they want to talk to me, get to know me etc.

None of which I mind as I am a very sociable person.

The problem that I run into is that as soon as a client thinks that they have made it to your "friend zone" all of the sudden they think that they are entitled to a free ride. After all, "you really are my friend, right?"
It does not surprise me really, even in "Vanilla land" I am pretty sure many people expect "freebies" or at the very least, what we in Australia refer to as "mates' rates". e.g. The mechanic / plumber / whatever who people expect cheap work from or the health professional who gets approached at social gatherings with a list of symptoms from someone looking for a snap diagnosis.

Although in my opinion, such people are not "true" friends.

Perhaps it is my upbringing, but all I "expect" from a friend in a business setting is 100% fair dealing, although I might "hope for" extra consideration if, and only if, it was not to the detriment of my friend to do so. Not in a financial manner, but perhaps as an example; if I had a mechanic friend and a need of repair work to my vehicle, if it would not affect my friend financially, I would *appreciate* (but not expect it) them perhaps getting to my repair sooner rather than later, in their schedule. I would *never* expect a special price no matter when the repair was done.

I still recall an exchange when I was very young between my father and his brother or sister-in-law when my uncle and aunt were running a small cafe; they offered him/us milkshakes or something equally as inconsequential for free. My father flatly refused and insisted on paying, pointing out that they "Wouldn't make any money if they gave things away for free"

I maintain that you can be friendly with clients. Have nice conversations that don't involve the job at all and yet still have a business relationship as well.
I maintain that you can even actually *be* friends and still maintain a business relationship with someone. (Whilst acknowledging there is / can be a difference between being friendly and being actual friends and that not everyone can combine the two types of relationships).

Then there are the types that will say something along the lines of, "Oh, I don't pay for sex".

LOL.

Really?

When you try to impress a date from everything from the clothes that you wear to the places that you go (all of which you spend money on) you honestly don't hope to get sex out of the deal?
I am pragmatic enough to think that everyone "pays" for the sex in their lives in some way or another ;)

Reactions: ArcticKitty
I can really imagine that being a frequent problem in camwork. For some reason some people just don't seem to get it that a model needs to make money like anyone else and that their room is where that happens for the most part. Wanting to deprive them of that is hardly friendly.

Incidentally, I hate the term "friend zoned" and what it implies. If I like a guy (or girl) as a friend, how is that not a good thing?? If someone was friendly to me just because they wanted to have sex with me, that's really scummy.

I only have one person I consider to be an actual friend and he knows who he is. I am friendLY to everyone. I am kind to a few and nice to the rest. There is a difference between all of these words but it seems few people realize that.

Establish boundaries. Stick to them. They will either conform to your standards or they will leave you alone.

Years ago I had to say something to an MFC member who had the nerve to tell another member "Don't worry, Fox is cool. She lets you chat with her, and you don't even have to tip." :facepalm: I told him that he needs to stop telling people things like that, because I'm on there to earn money...and I deserve to be tipped. SMFH.

I can really imagine that being a frequent problem in camwork. For some reason some people just don't seem to get it that a model needs to make money like anyone else and that their room is where that happens for the most part. Wanting to deprive them of that is hardly friendly.

Incidentally, I hate the term "friend zoned" and what it implies. If I like a guy (or girl) as a friend, how is that not a good thing?? If someone was friendly to me just because they wanted to have sex with me, that's really scummy.

Yes, I hate the term "friend zone" with a passion. NO ONE is entitled to sex (or a date) with a person, just because they've been "friends" with them for a while, and I really hate it when people vent about such things to others...looking for pity. It's like Waaahhh...I've known this girl since we were kids, and she still won't give it up. Um...that's because she's not into you like that, ya jerk. Get over it, and stop being an entitled jerk. And it's also stupid when (on social media) people say to that person "Well she must be a fool..." 🙄 Like come on now...we're seriously gonna shame someone just because they're not into you? Lol.

Reactions: inertvolcano
Status
Not open for further replies.