AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Girlfriend Experience

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jupiter551 said:
Yeah I started watching it and turned it off got a bit bored
Ditto. I was tired though. I may give it another shot.

I liked it. I didn't know what to expect before I watched it. Would it be steamy, artistic, etc.? It wasn't a pulse-pounding thrill ride a la Michael Bay or a Spielberg epic, but it was worth the time to watch it.

Ultimately, I looked at it as a slice of life drama, almost a character study. Soderbergh shot a good film that brought me-the-viewer into the protagonist's life, walked through some of her highs and lows, and then ended. It felt honest in the sense of being able to understand some of the character's decisions and that her reactions and emotions were authentic.

Would I queue it up for a casual movie night with friends, beers, and some DDR? Probably not. But it was good for a bit more thoughtful experience.

Spiky I totally went in with that thought process and I was just disappointed with it. I never felt that i could connect with the primary character. I felt like the movie never started. Its like listening to a piece of music and never hitting a chorus of some sort. Maybe i went in with too high of expectations. It was just "eh" for me

Ambientmagic said:
I never felt that i could connect with the primary character.
I can agree with that. I'm not sure if it was intentional on the director's part, but there was a definite distance between the viewer and the main character. It was like watching events unfold through a pane of glass or seeing a careful, dispassionate dissection.

Maybe it was supposed to add another layer to the discussion? (Are we, the viewers, objectifying the performers/characters? Is this a metaphor for real life? Or for the "prostitution" of artists?) Or maybe not. *shrug* Soderbergh is canny enough to add the extra level intentionally, but I am leery about attributing it to "the director's genius" when it might just be a by-product (good or bad) of the production process.

Ambientmagic said:
oh i agree her acting was great. the lack of story was my prob i guess

I meant more her acting in other productions, she really goes that extra mile.

But she was decent in this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.