AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

the mechanism of the fraud of stolen credit cards and/or illicit tokens on CB

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2021
a greeting to the forum.
a month ago the model of which I was moderator had the account banned, announced by an email of the support of this type:
As we trust you are aware by now, you have been banned from the Chaturbate live cam community due to your fraudulent activity in violation of our terms of service and the law. Specifically, you have colluded with illicit credit card users in order to push fraudulent "tips" before the use of stolen credit card numbers was detected by our processors. These transactions have resulted in significant cost to Chaturbate in the form of chargebacks, refunds, and fees. Please note that Chaturbate reserves all of its rights to recover the full extent of its cost incurred as the result of your fraudulent activity.
the model opened, immediately after, 2 tickets to support, for now remained unanswered.
I immediately activated with @punker barbie via PM on this site, but obviously she can't go into specifics with a stranger and for now she just told me that the support has sent an email to the user, which I already knew, being it the above email; at the moment I am waiting to know if the ban is final or they are still evaluating, so as not to waste any more time.

in the meantime, I tried to understand the mechanism of the scam, but the issue is delicate and it is rarely and reluctantly talked about; my aim is to clarify as much as possible, to avoid that models in good faith and naively end up in this situation.

I found basically 2 interesting posts:
1) https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/banned-from-cb.38924/
2) https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...-wont-respond-thread-for-punker-barbie.39449/

in the first post it is clear what one of the mechanisms could be: a user contacts the unsuspecting model saying that he will bring her good customers who give a lot of tips, but that of course he wants a reward for the brokerage.
therefore (I think) he will give the model a list of userid or in any case he will demonstrate in some way that certain userid have given tips brought to him to the room and from here his percentage will be calculated.
in itself it doesn't even seem to me an irregular fact, but obviously if the userid are hacked or the credit cards are stolen the thing changes radically.

the second post shows what the model's reactions to the unfair ban for these reasons could be.

I would like that at the end of this thread we could write a guide on how to avoid as much as possible to fall into the various tricks in good faith and thus avoid being banned.

How can we know if a user has a stolen card?
Not fair to be banned as a model !
Unfair, but probably it happens to innocent models, too.

A possible way is when tokens bought with a stolen card are used to tip or buy content without trying to make any kind of a "deal" with the model.

They probably check if it happened more than once, also and I wouldn't be surprised if the model's country plays a role in their decision to ban a model even without clear proof she was in on it...

Being cautious and signing up on multiple sites (even if you don't splitcam) and giving updates to your followers on another place than your CB page (Twitter, Insta...) gives you an alternative to CB in case you'll ever get unfairly banned.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
It was not that long ago that I posted about CB's decision to stop using a confirmation cue whenever a credit card purchase was made. For some unfathomable reason, they stopped doing this with their current payment processors and I think that this is one of the main causes of so much credit card fraud for them. I, for one, would certainly feel more comfortable if they returned to having the confirmation cue. 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
It was not that long ago that I posted about CB's decision to stop using a confirmation cue whenever a credit card purchase was made. For some unfathomable reason, they stopped doing this with their current payment processors and I think that this is one of the main causes of so much credit card fraud for them. I, for one, would certainly feel more comfortable if they returned to having the confirmation cue. 🤷‍♂️
A what? whats that?

Upvote 0
A what? whats that?

Not so long ago, whenever you purchased tokens using the "card on file" option, a pop-up appeared asking you to input the CVV number from the back of the card before you could proceed with the token purchase. For some reason, they stopped doing this. So they are apparently "storing" this CVV information now, or they are no longer requiring it to be inputted. This is worrisome on so many levels, and I can see how this would facilitate CC fraud on a much higher level if an account is compromised/hacked. They should reinstate this feature.

Reactions: gringo_pete
Upvote 0
Not so long ago, whenever you purchased tokens using the "card on file" option, a pop-up appeared asking you to input the CVV number from the back of the card before you could proceed with the token purchase. For some reason, they stopped doing this. So they are apparently "storing" this CVV information now, or they are no longer requiring it to be inputted. This is worrisome on so many levels, and I can see how this would facilitate CC fraud on a much higher level if an account is compromised/hacked. They should reinstate this feature.
Oh i didnt see that cause a long time ago I spent way too much money on tokens and they disabled saving of CC for me :giggle: so I have to type it in every time now.

They cant store it but they can use like a tokenized system to do future transactions, I can't test it because my CC arent saved but if you log in using a VPN and a different browser does it let you buy tokens without putting in that CVV? I mean assuming you don't have 2 factor authentication, i figure they might still have something in place that kicks in when logged in from unknown locations.

Upvote 0
Oh i didnt see that cause a long time ago I spent way too much money on tokens and they disabled saving of CC for me :giggle: so I have to type it in every time now.

They cant store it but they can use like a tokenized system to do future transactions, I can't test it because my CC arent saved but if you log in using a VPN and a different browser does it let you buy tokens without putting in that CVV? I mean assuming you don't have 2 factor authentication, i figure they might still have something in place that kicks in when logged in from unknown locations.
When this began to occur last year, I increased my password strength to double what it was previously. So unless I become complacent or just plain stupid and reply to the numerous phishing e-mails I receive at least weekly, I should be ok. I don't want to test another browser or VPN, as I have my machine well protected.

ETA: But that's another thing that bothers me. How are these people getting my e-mail address, and how are they able to link my e-mail address to my CB account - as in, how do they know I use this particular e-mail address for my CB account?

Upvote 0
I agree that the model shouldn't be banned, a simple hold on token without banned and an email to the model account should do, explaining why there was a hold on a certain amount of tokens. Actual banning of models account without explanations put us in limbo causing unnecessary stress to us. We understand in this business its a possibility of fraud charge but don't punish us.
The good thing about this situation is that CB does not keep the token=money, if people don't know they actually donate it to a good cause. (trusting they are without proof) -attached was the only proof that they do this, not an actual receipt but., it did put my mind at ease helping someone with the stress a model was put through being banned.
1627010769388.png

Upvote 0
If the cashier has made a deal with a group of customers to come in and use a stolen card multiple times while he looks the other way, he would indeed be punished.
Hello, CB banned me for the same reasom but i didnt know who or which of my tippers used a stolen cards.. is there anyway that i can get my account back ? Or make a new one still in CB ?

Upvote 0
I am also trying to support a couple who were taken in by this fraud and took part.

They are fairly naive but coming up to 20 years of age.

Original Post and request for support

The bottom line is they know they are suckers. But the question then becomes - do they get a second chance.

Screenshot 2021-09-03 14.15.18.pngScreenshot 2021-08-23 18.52.32.png

Their CB lifespan was cut short.... Despite a lot of desperate calls to help.

Devastating for them. As the Original post explains.

Upvote 0
If someone uses a stolen credit card at Walmart, they do not arrest the cashier... This seems like a problem for Chaturbate's money vender and not the models.
I worked in retail and saw at least 3 cashiers arrested over a 2 year period for colluding with exactly this kind of thing.

Upvote 0
I spent about a decade detecting and solving fraud issues like this. If I was looking at this situation that would go something like this: Token purchases charge back a lot less than membership fees and other transactions, about half to a 3rd as much. So the baseline for token purchases that charge back on chaturbate is under 1%, and most likely it's closer to 0.3%. So if more than 1 out of 300 transactions are charging back that is an anomaly that needs to get looked at. I would probably red flag for further observation any model with 3 or more chargebacks in a calendar month, if those represented a significant percentage of the total, say over 10%. and look closer. You would be banned immediately and permanently in any of the following situations:

1) you were careless enough to discuss the arrangement on platforms, in PM's or via audio in a private session, thinking no one was listening cause "you're in private". Maybe no one is monitoring in the moment, but you can bet video is saved for exactly this kind of stuff.
2) Your accomplice uses the same computer you do, or the same internet connection, or at any time you logged into any of his accounts or he logged into yours.
3) you get like 3-5 visitors a day and one or two always takes you private or spends a lot, when other models need hundreds or thousands of viewers to get one tipping.
4) You do a lot of private sessions with the same or diffferent usernames where nothing actually happens, you may spend a lot of time taking a smoking break or restroom break or watching youtube or whatever, basically no services are ever really exchanged. I know customers occasionally take models private just to give them money and never request anything, it happens to me once in a blue moon as well - but if they all do that then it's not realistic that this is just good luck, just as it's not realistic that it's only bad luck you get chargebacks. Stolen credit cards don't charge back at a rate of 100% or even 50%, it's more like 36% and it takes time. Not until about 90 to 120 days from the transaction date do you see how it all will play out.
5) in cases 3 or 4 none of the spenders ever spend or interact with anyone else. (or if they do investigate those models as well to see if a larger pattern is appearing)
6) if all your tippers signed up from the same location (same join IP) or on the same day
7) if all your tippers appear to be stolen accounts

etc.

Now, once CB or anyone else determines you to be a fraud, or at least feels it's likely, they are never going to interact with you again because not only is it a waste of time, but any information they may let slip will help you tighten your game and scam better next time, so there is literally zero incentive to do anything but ghost you.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
I spent about a decade detecting and solving fraud issues like this. If I was looking at this situation that would go something like this: Token purchases charge back a lot less than membership fees and other transactions, about half to a 3rd as much. So the baseline for token purchases that charge back on chaturbate is under 1%, and most likely it's closer to 0.3%. So if more than 1 out of 300 transactions are charging back that is an anomaly that needs to get looked at. I would probably red flag for further observation any model with 3 or more chargebacks in a calendar month, if those represented a significant percentage of the total, say over 10%. and look closer. You would be banned immediately and permanently in any of the following situations:

1) you were careless enough to discuss the arrangement on platforms, in PM's or via audio in a private session, thinking no one was listening cause "you're in private". Maybe no one is monitoring in the moment, but you can bet video is saved for exactly this kind of stuff.
2) Your accomplice uses the same computer you do, or the same internet connection, or at any time you logged into any of his accounts or he logged into yours.
3) you get like 3-5 visitors a day and one or two always takes you private or spends a lot, when other models need hundreds or thousands of viewers to get one tipping.
4) You do a lot of private sessions with the same or diffferent usernames where nothing actually happens, you may spend a lot of time taking a smoking break or restroom break or watching youtube or whatever, basically no services are ever really exchanged. I know customers occasionally take models private just to give them money and never request anything, it happens to me once in a blue moon as well - but if they all do that then it's not realistic that this is just good luck, just as it's not realistic that it's only bad luck you get chargebacks. Stolen credit cards don't charge back at a rate of 100% or even 50%, it's more like 36% and it takes time. Not until about 90 to 120 days from the transaction date do you see how it all will play out.
5) in cases 3 or 4 none of the spenders ever spend or interact with anyone else. (or if they do investigate those models as well to see if a larger pattern is appearing)
6) if all your tippers signed up from the same location (same join IP) or on the same day
7) if all your tippers appear to be stolen accounts

etc.

Now, once CB or anyone else determines you to be a fraud, or at least feels it's likely, they are never going to interact with you again because not only is it a waste of time, but any information they may let slip will help you tighten your game and scam better next time, so there is literally zero incentive to do anything but ghost you.
CB should be considered complicit(IMHO) with any CC fraud that occurs on their site. Late last year they removed the requirement for a user to input their CVV code when making a CC or Debit card purchase, and this is a real problem since they store your CC info. The number of hacked accounts has to be quite high as is indicated by the high numbers of purple colored accounts spamming links to 3rd party sites in the top populated rooms. If an account is hacked, and there is no requirement for a CVV number to be entered, then I can see how lucrative the fraud mechanisms can be.

Upvote 0
CB should be considered complicit(IMHO) with any CC fraud that occurs on their site. Late last year they removed the requirement for a user to input their CVV code when making a CC or Debit card purchase, and this is a real problem since they store your CC info. The number of hacked accounts has to be quite high as is indicated by the high numbers of purple colored accounts spamming links to 3rd party sites in the top populated rooms. If an account is hacked, and there is no requirement for a CVV number to be entered, then I can see how lucrative the fraud mechanisms can be.
CB is watching out only for CB...
As far as I remember that used to be the case in 2019, too (no need to enter CVV code for the card on file), so maybe they tried both ways and weighted pros and cons - for them, not for the user.

So it's the member's duty to watch out for himself, why would you expect CB to do it!?
Most account hacks are done to those that click on scam links. thinking someone's giving them "free tokens" :), Going on CB drunk is not a good idea, chances are you'll do something stupid.
Use 2FA if the number of tokens kept in that account is big.
Even if you don't care if Mrs. looks into your CC statement, it's very easy to get a prepaid card and put money on it only before a purchase, never use your main one on CB, OF, Fansly... Or use virtual cards (one-time-use for each), some banks give those beside the physical CC. Easy ans safe.
If every member will do this, there will be less charge backs.

Upvote 0
I would say "it makes sense that CB would remove models OF WHICH IT HAS PROOF they enter into agreements like this", because either all the scammers on CB are idiots or something is not right.

CC companies probable care more about stopping fraud, then proof of fraud. Like proof is probable nice to have, but just because you can't prove it, doesn't mean you let it continue.

If some one comes into the store, and they want to buy the most expensive thing in the store. They don't know any thing about the item, and they don't want to know. They're in a rush to buy and leave. You don't have proof of fraud.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.