AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The new trend... Models posting pics of their kids...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SNATCH

Cam Model
Nov 18, 2010
Ya moms house
Has anyone else noticed this? I keep seeing it EVERYWHERE. Twitter, Instagram, ON MFC. Like, I get that a lot of models feel close with their regs, && want to share shit, I am the same way, but posting pics of your kids, really? Another thing I have seen, is models turning the cam around to share videos of their kids, or photos of them with their kids, or with a kid.. WHAT THE FUCK.

Am I the only one who thinks this is NOT okay?

I just wanted some opinion... Because I have some screenshots, that I totally forgot about, && was cleaning pics off my computer, && wanted to see what other people thought... Because I want to send them off to MFC, but idk...

I don't really think it's new, but I've noticed it too. I talk about my kid quite a bit, but showing pictures or videos just...bugs me. I couldn't/can't/don't want to. If other women are comfortable with doing that, awesome, but it could possibly endanger their kids. The internet holds every flavor of crazy and that could include right-off-the-ten-o'clock-news-kid-snatching-crazy. On cam though seems to cross a serious line. I've taken steps to make sure their aren't any pictures of my kid hanging up where anyone could see them even just by accident.

While I believe the parent knows better than us what is best for their child, and even though I'm a staunch liberterian, I agree that photos of children should never be associated with the adult industry.

Even if camming can be a personal 'we're all buddies here' kind of thing, even if your personal life overlaps... just don't do it. We all know there are a huge amount of fetishists who are in to pedophilia and incest, anyone who has worked a day on SM can attest to that.

I'm not going to say, 'if you're comfortable with men fantasizing about raping your child', or, 'if you're comfortable with men fantasizing about you having sex with your child,' then go ahead, because that is not a choice you should be able to make.

I have seen arguments as to why it can or could happen without bad intent, but intent isn't magic. Models who post photos of their children are either extremely delusional or are happy to promote their babies as sex objects.

As far as models just talking about their kids ("I've got to take the munchin school shopping, cam later!"), that's a different pile of bananas to me and I feel much differently about it.

I have to say I'm already feeling a little guilty.

On cam, I've talked about the 4 year old boy I babysit. This has happened on more than one occasion. Sometimes I was dressed while I did that, sometimes I wasn't. But the 'we're all buddies here' atmosphere in my room is very strong, and more often than not I just talk about my everyday life without thinking and one thing leads to another. And if I coincidentally did some babysitting before getting on cam, I usually talk about cute things the kid did or said. I just don't think and the little guy is super smart, he fascinates me every time I talk to him, so I always have something to tell.
I always regret it afterwards. After all, how many guys have their dick in their hand while they're clicking 'next model' and happen to come into my room while I'm talking about a child? That's pretty terrible IMO and talking about him is a habit I NEED to get rid of.

(Of course I would never show anyone a picture of him, I'm not that crazy. I also wouldn't show my own kid around, if I had one.)

That's the thing about MFC though, it gets so damn social that I sometimes neglect the fact it's actually an adult site and you can't just talk about everything.

Definitely not the right venue, but it's no more dangerous than a model showing her face on cam. If someone has nefarious intentions, the odds of him or her recognizing her child via photograph are infinitesimal. Now if she's dumb enough to say what school they go to or other blatant clues, that's another story. Hopefully, she also has her state or locale blocked too.

It's 100 times better than actually having them on cam!

Definitely not ok. Doesn't matter if you're buddy buddy with most of the peeps in your chatroom/on twitter....the moment you put your childs image up for everyone to see, you're basically putting them out there for those with pedo fantasies to enjoy. We're camgirls. We know who's out there. We've all gotten requests from guys who clearly enjoy children. Those guys are in our MFC chatrooms, and all over twitter and the internet....and we shouldn't engage them or fuel their dicks with photos of our kids, even if the photos were intended for those we're close to that we trust. Its just not respectful for the innocent life thats being thrust on the internet.

(I sound horribly judgemental, but I believe children should be protected, and protected from our industry. Adult industry is 18+ and should remain that way 100%)

SNATCH said:
Has anyone else noticed this? I keep seeing it EVERYWHERE. Twitter, Instagram, ON MFC. Like, I get that a lot of models feel close with their regs, && want to share shit, I am the same way, but posting pics of your kids, really? Another thing I have seen, is models turning the cam around to share videos of their kids, or photos of them with their kids, or with a kid.. WHAT THE FUCK.

Am I the only one who thinks this is NOT okay?

Whaaat??? I've seen an MFC profile where a model had a separate wish list for her son, which I thought was cute. And she didn't have any pics posted of him or anything like that. I haven't seen the things you're talking about, but I do agree with you that sharing pics/vids of your kids on MFC and Twitter is a NONO.

I also think it's inappropriate for a member to blurt out "How's your son doing?" in the middle of a freakin' oil show! :roll: A question like that would be appropriate on your friend's Facebook page, but definitely not in the public chat of an adult cam site.

Once I was in the room of a model who had just had a baby, and she was telling everyone her son's full name. I know she's a proud mom and all, but WTF???

MrRodry said:
Saw a model breastfeeding today at the Private Gallery. :icon-cry:
Report her... showing that on MFC is clearly child sexual abuse. Its appropriate in real life but NOT on an adult website.. that poor child...

Yeah not sure I would feel very comfortable talking to a model about her kids while on MFC, definitely not cool with showing pictures. I do talk to one model outside of MFC and she has talked about her kids before, but if it was online chatting in her room it would be a bit creepy for me tipping for a cum show with her showing pictures of her kids.

Reactions: SNATCH
Yeah, showing pictures and/or video of your kids on cam... BIG No No!
Talking about the fact that you are a mom, and even sharing a short funny story that evolves your kid every once in a while, I don't think it's that big of a deal at all as long as you're not sharing personal info about them (ie, their name, name of school, etc...).

i'm of two minds about this....the first one is in total agreement with those who have posted their concerns, and i can't emphasize enough that's it's a boundary that shouldn't even have to be discussed in camland......like it or not, a model is working in the sex industry, in front of faceless viewers, most of whom they'll never have a clue about.....the smallest bit of common sense would seem to demand that a good deal of privacy/caution is at least the place to start.

so there's that.....but i'd like to add that "as a trend", it would seem to be a spin off of what i've found really fascinating about some of the discussions here lately....the gist of which could be summed up with the question "can the two extremes of camming at mfc (the cumshow model and the nn model) co-exist on the same site?" the answer to the question is not really important here, imo.....just the understanding that somewhere on that spectrum of performance criteria -being defined for effect as "from internet camwhore to internet companion"- it's possible that the common sense notions of self protection are confused by one's personal definition of what it is they do.

I posted my reply to something similar in the models only. I have had my twitter waaay longer than I have been camming. I have my family, high school friends, friends, playboy fans, and camming members on there. Same with all of my networking sites. That makes the line very blurred for me. I have posted pics of my baby brother, but my twitter and other sites are NOT just sexual. Actually, I'd say they are more non-sexual than they are sexual. So I'm not sure how I feel about it. If your networking sites are mostly sexual, I'd say no. If they are 50/50, I'm not sure. I don't feel wrong about it.

PlayboyMegan said:
I posted my reply to something similar in the models only. I have had my twitter waaay longer than I have been camming. I have my family, high school friends, friends, playboy fans, and camming members on there. Same with all of my networking sites. That makes the line very blurred for me. I have posted pics of my baby brother, but my twitter and other sites are NOT just sexual. Actually, I'd say they are more non-sexual than they are sexual. So I'm not sure how I feel about it. If your networking sites are mostly sexual, I'd say no. If they are 50/50, I'm not sure. I don't feel wrong about it.

You could always make a separate cam-only twitter, too, Megan. Let cam followers follow you there, and not worry about blurred lines on your normal feed. If you feel comfortable with certain members, then maybe let them into your normal feed.

Just a thought.

As to the whole idea of showing pics/vids of your kids... I guess it depends on the situation and who is being shown. On your cam in your room? Not a good idea. Maybe if you really feel you know a member and you guys contact each other outside of the whole cam-land thing, then maybe. But, never let your guard down, even someone you think is real cool and such could turn out to be a complete sycophant, and you wouldn't know until it is too late.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I don't post pictures of my kid or lots of information about him other than his age or a cute story and typically veer conversation away from kid-centered conversation. I love him and could easily launch into proud mama bragging, so I just shut it down pretty quickly to protect myself from that.

My son's dad would be furious if I was sharing pictures of our kid on anything related to camming, even if I wasn't on cam at the moment. It's my job as a parent to know what's just not okay and anything more than short stories are just not alright. In 10 years I don't want my kid to somehow stumble across my camming twitter only to find that he's been posted in between cleavage and ass pictures.

I think that I would care a lot about being posted on my sex-oriented website/twitter/ or shown off on a camsite that I wasn't a willing participant in so I have to respect that my son would probably feel the same way.

Just a side note: I would be livid if I found out that any of my family members were posting pics of my son on the internet for any more than our family to see, especially if she hadn't checked with me first so I hope that anyone posting family members on their social networking sites has permission to do so.

Reactions: LadyLuna and SNATCH
... and then you also have the young mentality of 'I'm bullet proof and nothing will ever happen to me" kind of thing. Brina [sp?] comes to mind. Nice girl, 19 or 20 with a 4 yr old. I've seen numerous tweets or tumblers of her and the kid. Shes proud as punch of her. I understand the proud mom and all but as said several times here, the 'real' needs to have some isolation from the camwhore part of life.

UncleThursday said:
PlayboyMegan said:

You could always make a separate cam-only twitter, too, Megan. Let cam followers follow you there, and not worry about blurred lines on your normal feed. If you feel comfortable with certain members, then maybe let them into your normal feed.

Just a thought.

As to the whole idea of showing pics/vids of your kids... I guess it depends on the situation and who is being shown. On your cam in your room? Not a good idea. Maybe if you really feel you know a member and you guys contact each other outside of the whole cam-land thing, then maybe. But, never let your guard down, even someone you think is real cool and such could turn out to be a complete sycophant, and you wouldn't know until it is too late.
Then I wouldn't get BAF tokens. I make a lot of tokens off BAF, only because I had a large following who wasn't on MFC. Creating a MFC only twitter would get rid of that. Plus, I have like 10 networking sites to keep up with daily. Not sure if I can keep up with any more. :p

Okay, HOLY FUCK SHIT. Awesome. [At the kind of responses I got] Cause I was starting to feel almost guilty? For wanting to report said model. I'm really not a reporter kind of person, but when I saw this, it really like... Was like WTF FOR ME, SO UNCOOL.

I want to reiterate... I'm only talking about models posting photos of their own children on their camming social networking sites... OR ON MFC.

I SOOOO totally have a blurred line when it comes to sharing stuff with people. I find myself catching myself ALL the time before I let TOO MUCH slip out of my big ass piehole. Like where I went that day/weekend, etc. [I keep where I live a "mystery", && I don't even tell people what coast I am on]

FrankieChemical said:
I don't really think it's new, but I've noticed it too. I talk about my kid quite a bit, but showing pictures or videos just...bugs me. I couldn't/can't/don't want to. If other women are comfortable with doing that, awesome, but it could possibly endanger their kids. The internet holds every flavor of crazy and that could include right-off-the-ten-o'clock-news-kid-snatching-crazy. On cam though seems to cross a serious line. I've taken steps to make sure their aren't any pictures of my kid hanging up where anyone could see them even just by accident.

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL. :). Yeah, maybe it's not new [my bad for the wordage, lol] but I feel like it's really starting to happen/be more noticeable now? I didn't see any of this, til VERY recently...

I just feel that it's really not a place for children, because it's adult oriented... Not to mention I was reading something last year about identity theft of YOUNG CHILDREN, even babies, just from people posting photos/personal info on their Facebook of their kids, etc... People see pics of the kid, find out it's name, info, etc, find the social, && BAM. FUCKING SCARY SHIT.

Evvie said:
While I believe the parent knows better than us what is best for their child, and even though I'm a staunch liberterian, I agree that photos of children should never be associated with the adult industry.

Even if camming can be a personal 'we're all buddies here' kind of thing, even if your personal life overlaps... just don't do it. We all know there are a huge amount of fetishists who are in to pedophilia and incest, anyone who has worked a day on SM can attest to that.

I'm not going to say, 'if you're comfortable with men fantasizing about raping your child', or, 'if you're comfortable with men fantasizing about you having sex with your child,' then go ahead, because that is not a choice you should be able to make.

I have seen arguments as to why it can or could happen without bad intent, but intent isn't magic. Models who post photos of their children are either extremely delusional or are happy to promote their babies as sex objects.

As far as models just talking about their kids ("I've got to take the munchin school shopping, cam later!"), that's a different pile of bananas to me and I feel much differently about it.

YES! :).

SpexyAshleigh said:
Definitely not ok. Doesn't matter if you're buddy buddy with most of the peeps in your chatroom/on twitter....the moment you put your childs image up for everyone to see, you're basically putting them out there for those with pedo fantasies to enjoy. We're camgirls. We know who's out there. We've all gotten requests from guys who clearly enjoy children. Those guys are in our MFC chatrooms, and all over twitter and the internet....and we shouldn't engage them or fuel their dicks with photos of our kids, even if the photos were intended for those we're close to that we trust. Its just not respectful for the innocent life thats being thrust on the internet.

(I sound horribly judgemental, but I believe children should be protected, and protected from our industry. Adult industry is 18+ and should remain that way 100%)

AMEN. && even trusting someone... Doesn't always go the way you want/think unfortunately. :(.

AmazingAshlee said:
I would feel more comfortable talking about this in the models only area :D its a fine line.

Sorry... I didn't post about it in the models area, cause I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to get specific about their own situations, && I wanted to see what members thought as well. I just wanted to get feedback basically on if I should feel like a fucking CUNT/BITCH for reporting this model. =X.

It honestly depends. FACE pictures posted on twitter, or anywhere permanent, are a hard line for me. But a flash of a video or pic on cam to a room of mostly regulars should not be the end of the world. It all depends on context. If her kids are her game, by all means report. She shouldn't use her children to her advantage that way. If she's just trying to let guys in a little about her personal life, or even maybe to "explain" why she's not around 24-7 to cater to them, that's a bit different.

Camming while pregnant has been an interesting experience because it's kind of impossible not to talk about the fetus floating around in there from time to time. I don't think there's ANY reason to show ANY child or photograph of a child on MFC or Twitter. I get followed by at least 20 cock avatars a day. While posting a cute kid pic might seem harmless, the moment a floating dick picture responds to it will be a kick in the heartstrings that most people should be smart enough to avoid.

AmazingAshlee said:
It honestly depends. FACE pictures posted on twitter, or anywhere permanent, are a hard line for me. But a flash of a video or pic on cam to a room of mostly regulars should not be the end of the world. It all depends on context. If her kids are her game, by all means report. She shouldn't use her children to her advantage that way. If she's just trying to let guys in a little about her personal life, or even maybe to "explain" why she's not around 24-7 to cater to them, that's a bit different.

I disagree with the bolded statement above whole-heartedly. There's a reason why MFC states no kids on cam. A model can never know if someone just took a screenshot of them innocently showing off their little ones for their own sick fantasies. Even a trusted regular is a stranger with secrets that you'll likely never know. Don't even risk it.

I don't care if this makes me a cunt. I've seen kids on cam, taken multiple screen shots and reported models.

Kids should never, in any form, be it image or video, be shown through any media even loosely linked to sexual material. The idea that one could put more than 5 seconds thought into it and think of it as being OK baffles and astounds me.

AmazingAshlee said:
You don't know everything about your regulars, even if you chat with them online an hour or two a day. Many, many men hide unpleasant details about themselves. For fuck's sake, I could be a pedophile and none of you have any idea because that's sure as hell not something I would ever even hint at.

I'm super chillax with sex work, but if I found out my mom showed pictures of my 10 year old self to a group of 50 anonymous men online with their dicks in hand, I would feel pretty violated - and no, it would not make me feel better if they were her 'regulars'.

"Sorry I can't get on tonight, my kid is sick" works just fine. You should never show pictures of your children on MFC, ever. Models are recorded and capped all the time, and some members would love posting the clip of you showing your kids on forums.

It's not an issue of safety or having someone stalk your kid. It's an issue of displaying an image of your child on a pornography site. No matter how chummy, friendly, or non-sexual you are in your room, MyFreeCams is a porn site.

For every decent member watching my cam, there's got to be several unregistered creeps that get excited every time I even mention my daughter. I bring her up occasionally during casual conversations, but I'm always very brief about it.

I wish I could show her off to the world. But not in this profession, no way. My babygirl is my entire world and I cannot imagine putting her face out there like that. NO. I seriously just want to curl up in a little ball with her and protect her from all things evil, forever... just from thinking about this shit lol. I'm starting to sound a little psychotic.

Just stating my opinion and point of view here, I am not condoning anyone else's actions. It is truly impossible to keep your kids 100 % out of your cam life unless you just do shows every night and are not focused on longterm regulars. I am in no way saying that its okay to share EVERYTHING, or that there are not girls who share too much, or even that I don't share too much sometimes. but reporting a girl for showing a picture of her child ON CAM just doesn't seem right to me. Sometimes, she gets brought up, it happens. The more I tried to hide my child, or "fear for her safety" the more people would talk about her, including the types of pervs you've all mentioned. People actually accused me of lying about even having a kid. I got sick of that sort of behavior. So, I just act carefree and "go" with things sometimes. It's reverse psychology, and it seems to keep people from being assholes or "talking pervy" about her. Not to mention there are worse offenses all around us, this is MFC after all- home of the "against the rules" public show. Our freedom to choose our own way is the appeal!

Reactions: bob
AmazingAshlee said:
Just stating my opinion and point of view here, I am not condoning anyone else's actions. It is truly impossible to keep your kids 100 % out of your cam life unless you just do shows every night and are not focused on longterm regulars. I am in no way saying that its okay to share EVERYTHING, or that there are not girls who share too much, or even that I don't share too much sometimes. but reporting a girl for showing a picture of her child ON CAM just doesn't seem right to me. Sometimes, she gets brought up, it happens. The more I tried to hide my child, or "fear for her safety" the more people would talk about her, including the types of pervs you've all mentioned. People actually accused me of lying about even having a kid. I got sick of that sort of behavior. So, I just act carefree and "go" with things sometimes. It's reverse psychology, and it seems to keep people from being assholes or "talking pervy" about her. Not to mention there are worse offenses all around us, this is MFC after all- home of the "against the rules" public show. Our freedom to choose our own way is the appeal!
I don't really understand how it would be impossible to keep your child 100% out of your cam business. It's not "lying" to say AmazingAshlee doesn't have a kid. AmazingAshlee is your own creation. Tons of girls create their own stories about relationship status, location, sexuality and their families. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with putting it out there that you're a hot mom, but if your room is talking about your child enough that you feel the need to show pictures, you are doing something wrong. Your loyalty and responsibility is to your child over your pervs and even over the all mighty dollar. Your kid's picture has no place on any cam site. If an adult wants to put their face out there on the internet, they have the right to do so. A child depends on their parents to make choices for them and you have no right to put her out there that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.