AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Those of you who multi-stream - what (app or method) are you using to manage chat?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2021
USA
Twitter Username
@upgrademyshow
Is there a solid 3rd party solution? Is there even a 3rd party or proprietary in-house app that will control just ONE site's chat?

If not, what methods are you using to keep interacting and engaging viewers... while not getting too overwhelmed? I understand that theoretically you don't have to respond by typing, as long as you have all of the chats open, available, and easy to read; which even that would require the same sort of app to bring them all into a single view.

If you do have a method or app you've been using, what's been working well and what hasn't been? Is it lacking features or ever wish it could do something a different way?

I'm asking these questions because, yes i'm brainstorming ideas for possible development, but also i am looking for an immediate solution to meet current needs. :) I've been searching for hours to try and find information and it seems nothing really worthwhile wants to be found. I'm stubbornly optimistic so it's impossible for me to believe there is nothing. I am fully aware of a couple of the applications being posted around on the forums here lately, but i'm hoping there are more solutions than just these.. perhaps less known but amazing programs being used out in the work force.

Sooo.. Free, Paid, whatever! Any insight truly will be appreciated and I welcome anyone's input or point of view they'd like to share on the matter, too!

Thank you.
-l

I haven't tried them but I'm skeptical of apps like that. There are different features on different sites and I can't see how they would control them all without messing up. Also I'd be afraid it would glitch and not pause another site and I'd end up naked in free chat doing a show on another site.

What I do is use two computers and I have a huge desk with three 32 inch TVs I use as monitors through HDMI cords. That gives me plenty of screen room.

Also I use MouseWithoutBorders so that I can use one mouse and keyboard on both computers. Saves me having to switch at all and I can control all my windows with one mouse. (It's free from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35460

Took me a bit of investment to get set up but earned it back within two weeks.

When it's busy on one site I shut the others down. When I get a private I hit pause on the other sites (or in the case of Stripchat I go to spycam). When it's slow I keep adding sites (up to 4) until I start getting steady shows. I find I can stay on much longer because it keeps me from being too bored when it's slow.

When it's busy on one site I shut the others down. When I get a private I hit pause on the other sites (or in the case of Stripchat I go to spycam). When it's slow I keep adding sites (up to 4) until I start getting steady shows. I find I can stay on much longer because it keeps me from being too bored when it's slow.

Thanks for adding this informative tidbit, it might not seem like a lot but it certainly carries value and always helps to gain perspective from a fully functional view point!

The part about being skeptical is justified, especially if (and i am mostly speculating here.. mostly. :p ) these sites are not willingly sharing an API or have active developer communication, so they roll out core changes, which usually directly impacts functionality of 3rd party programs, it causes the end-user the most grief, as they're left unaware with a broken script. However, if the developers and the sites are communicating and have that mutual understanding i believe that creates a nominal working condition for everyone and hope that's being done at least, on some level, with these apps!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond :)

Reactions: melanieoncam
Status
Not open for further replies.