AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thoughts on the word 'bb'?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

What are your thoughts on the word "bb"?

• I can't stand the word.

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • I'm neutral towards the word.

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • I like the word.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Saying bb, moist, and phlegm is my favorite pastime. It's also 4AM and I lost control of my life.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57885

'bb' - noun: a shorthand for baby popular on camsites... Possibly also popular since it's easy to type with one's left hand alone.

Alright-- super awesome mega serious question here: What are your thoughts on 'bb'? Love it for its convenience? Or hate it?

Personal thoughts: It's something I see thrown around on camsites a lot, and it makes me wince a little each time I see a 'hey bb can u stand up?' or something like that.
Am I weird for this opinion? Be me just an grammar nazi? Feel free to share your opinion on it! :)

Bonus question: what is the plural of bb? Bbs? Bbys? Bbies?

I would never lower myself to the level of person that uses "bb" in any sort of context when referring to a model, let alone someone I know in person. I view it as disrespectful to use any sort of "pet" name when referring to someone unless there is history between you and that person. Even then, using "bb" is just.... ugh.

Hate it. Hate hate hate it. those who use it are beggars and time wasters. If I get called any 'pet name' I automatically hate the person saying it. There is never a good reason to use a pet name with a stranger, even on a camsite. A regular, sure, maybe.
Personal thoughts: It's something I see thrown around on camsites a lot, and it makes me wince a little each time I see a 'hey bb can u stand up?' or something like that.
Am I weird for this opinion? Be me just an grammar nazi? Feel free to share your opinion on it! :)
As a user I have to bite my 'tongue' every time, and it is a lot, someone enters a room with a 'Hi BB', because ultimately it is the model that has to call them out.

And I am sitting here trying to recall if I ever saw a user entering like that sending tokens to the model, so far without luck.

Bonus answer; could the plural of BB be BS? ;)

It used to annoy me more than it does now, but there are quite a few models on StripChat who in the bio explicitly states what their name is and that they don't like being called "bb".
I think it's patronizing, like being called "hun" or "son" by complete strangers.

On the other hand, I was told off in here a while ago over reacting negatively to a model calling me "bb", since, you know, it was supposedly one of the "terms of endearment" models use. Sorry to say I still dislike being called that. Not going to toe the line here.

Aaaaand, it's not even 4am yet.

"Saying bb, moist, and phlegm is my favorite pastime. It's also 4AM and I lost control of my life."

ROTFL!!

I went through a phase a while ago, where it irritated me, now I feel neutral/ indifferent toward it.

hello bb =beautiful blonde? :woot:

• Funny!
Reactions: Diana_Devil
I never call a model bb. I don't even call her girl. Like "hello pretty girl!" I always try to be respectful and that word is in my opinion not.

I do hear/get pm'd it myself FROM models often though. So I voted for neutral. I guess a lot of models think us members find it sexy to hear or something so I just accept it. Doesn't bother me too much.

as a supporter I always corrigate a user, telling him : her name is ....
If I hear the word girl i corrigate in lady, miss, or again with her name depends on the situation
respect in the room is very important or i'll silence you.

but I must admit, there are some models you really want to call BB or "hey little girl". (you may slap me in the face now FaceSlap-1024x683(2).jpg)

Don't care. There are soooooo many worse things people could say in my chat, bb is an unavoidable inevitability like taxes and DMV lines, so why stress myself out disliking it? I would go insane, not worth it.

I did at some point use it ironically, which turned into me using it genuinely. Mostly at other sex workers and my cats, but also any animal really.

I personally hate it but it's more because the type to use it is also the type that doesn't read the topic, bio, tip menu or my boundaries before demanding shit. So I see it more as a potential harbinger of annoyance vs just bb itself. I jokingly call mr dani bb at home when we're kidding around.

I only use it, or accept it being used, between people who know it's a jokey type pet name.

It used to bother me much more in my early years because it was more prevalent then. Since MFC was dominated by EE and studio models, their rooms used it constantly and people picked it up and spread it around like wildfire. Also, I used to do this

explicitly states what their name is and that they don't like being called "bb".
in my bio.

I absolutely hate this and a few others, but this one is so common, it seems like everyone uses it - both models and users.
When a model first calls me it, I will let it be, but when I visit her more and get to know each other more, I will try "insist" she call me by my nickname or real name, or anything else. I usually introduce myself with my real name so it hopefully (and usually works) nips it in the bud. I think "bb" is just an insincere "word" that is tossed around meaninglessly.

Not even if I call my penis "bb gun"?
This brings up a new talking point: is bb supposed to be pronounced 'baby' since it stands for that, or should it be pronounced like bee-bee? Clearly, we're asking all the really important questions on this thread :haha:

This brings up a new talking point: is bb supposed to be pronounced 'baby' since it stands for that, or should it be pronounced like bee-bee? Clearly, we're asking all the really important questions on this thread :haha:
Hmm. I always read it as the Spanish/French/Scandinavian "bébé/bebé/beh-beh", but I'm not about to scamper down the rabbit hole in search for any logic to it, because just when we think we've found it, it morphs into just "b" 😅

Is there an etymologist on the plane?

Beeebeeeeee

Reactions: veggiebabyy
Status
Not open for further replies.